Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Monokuma / Monobear saying something like "this is a game" is halfway breaking the fourth wall. How great.

Also, the voice acting is really good.

I have to say, when we had to select the killer, I legit thought it was suicide. Selecting Mikan didn't even occur to me.

It asked me to 'select someone' and I kept selecting dead people.

And after selecting Mikan you get the scene where everyone is ganging up on you because what possible motive could she have to kill?

Blademaster_Aio fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

If Mikan was the killer, she definitely would lie to us about certain details.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

This is the creepiest shift in tone, and it is glorious.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

BlazeEmblem posted:

Same. I had to look up what the answer was, because I kept getting it wrong.

At least now I understand why this is the answer. Only someone who was used to camera angles would have considered the camera angle to be important, and with our Ultimate Photographer dead, no one else would have thought of it off the top of their heads.

The only other reason someone would have thought that it was significant would be the killer, making sure that the angle was in the right position to only show what they wanted it to show. Since no one else had considered the camera angle previously, her bringing it up meant that the angle was significant to her.

I wouldn't ever have figured this out, and I never did. I eventually looked it up and by that time I was too frustrated to care.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Or maybe this is the only thing she's not clumsy at, because ultimate nurse and all.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I was really bad at this minigame. Really, really bad.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

But in Peko's case it was mostly an accident. The killing.

Then they tried to cover it up.

I like this game more because of the trial parts. They are mostly better. Consent is a great thing, you know.

I don't like hangman though. I wish it was like normal hangman instead of what this game makes it.

I like the gameplay more. Much more.

I like Hajime and Chiaki a lot. They're my favourite characters.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Nnnno. Not at all. They sent notes to two people to lure them to the crime scene, drugged one and planned to frame her for the murder they fully intended to commit, and they had a murder weapon on hand. The only "accident" is that Peko leapt out and used the bat to kill before Kuzuryu could reach it.

It's hard to get more premeditated than that.

It's still an accident. Even if they planned it from the start, Peko still jumped in and made the kill herself, which was different from the original plan they had. Basically I meant, that Fuyuhiko was calling the shots but at the end he didn't make the kill. So in that case, while Peko was the killer according to Monokuma's laws, it's not like it was 'because she was completely different' or some such. At any rate, I'm sure they were expecting Fuyuhiko to be the killer and Peko was expecting that too. Except it was her.

I do think, after the overall revelation happens I started seeing this game in a different light, but I'll stop right here.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

You don't understand the definition of "accident" at all.

Sorry, sorry. My bad.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

It has trap written all over it.

Actually the one thing I found different in this game than the last was that Monokuma was way more evil in this one. He's just so... cheap? Low?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I just got annoyed when they didn't trust me.

Jerks.

But Mechamaru is pretty cool, you know.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Gonna have grapes all over. Obviously, if the name wasn't enough.

Between red vs green (like the picture of grapes we saw), green is better? If we are staring at it all day. Maybe we can alternate to save our sanity.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah so Monokuma is just being much more unfair then he was in the first game.

Kill or Starve.

Yeah, he's just going all out with his low blows and cheapness.

We should have let the rats eat him.

And with just that you can see the tension and hopelessness rise.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

But even so, it's a very legit motive.

Pretty much a lose-lose situation.

Die via starvation or kill someone and die anyway if you're caught/kill every one else if you're not caught.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

More like he spent his time messing around with Hinata's brain.

You can't even tell how much he's lying.

He's so twisted.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Nagito is passively trolling people.

I really enjoyed this part.

And it shows you that Nagito is very perceptive. So is Chiaki.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Rude, Nagito.

But whatever.

Chiaki is awesome, as always.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Stephen9001 posted:

Makes you wonder what he found in those student profiles... I imagine it's somehow connected to how Mikan with her memories was a psycho, perhaps all of them would be very different people if they had their memories back?

Well, if we were all like Mikan, we won't really be good at bringing hope.

But who knows what he found out. Nagito, telling us stuff? Please. He's probably going to troll us out of spite since he didn't like whatever he read.

He definitely doesn't think much of Hajime, since we have no ultimate talent.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

But the hamsters actually weren't starving? Gundam says at the start that they can eat the plants. Flowers and the like.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Rarity posted:

Man, this case spends way too long getting where it needs to go but this is such a great 'gotcha' moment. Right on par with Mondo in DR1.

We would've gotten there faster if Nagito had just explained the layout to us instead of thinking time.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

FoolyCharged posted:

Eh, the delay here has more to do with the kids all being dumb and forgetting the soundproofing. The thread spotted gundham responding to an alarm he shouldnt have heard before we even got to trial.

The kids were starving, probably tired from not being able to sleep, and they would just want the alarm to shut up. Why would they care about who was out an about?

Secondly, they had to work out how Mechamaru was killed. This process would have gotten MUCH faster if Nagito just explained it. But he just threw us scraps of info.

The player usually always looks at the bigger picture. The characters do not. They probably didn't think much of it.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Venuz Patrol posted:

can't wait to hangman's gambit "combat hamsters"

MysticalMachineGun posted:

No way, to maximise the pain it will be "gundham totally used the hamsters, you guys"

The letter "u" will only appear 1/20 times.

Please use correct terminology. You make Gundham sad.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Mikl posted:

Oh gently caress you Nagito. This entire case you've done nothing but making continuous snide comments, belittled the other characters, and gone "what you don't get it? You're really dumb aren't you", without doing any actual work, and now you try to claim the merit? gently caress you.

Actually he knew most of the stuff. He just chose to not tell us because he's a jerk.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

Boy are you going to be happy when he gets trampled to death by an avalanche of hippos.

Why would Nagito get trampled to death by hippos?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Twists aside, why believe anything monokuma says? He's pretty much the master of half truths and wrongness.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Kangra posted:

It isn't what he did to his mother at the time, it's the fact that he goes around referring to her food as 'poison' and then whining about how incredibly painful it was that he couldn't be an rear end in a top hat to her face.

Except that he was incredibly cryptic about it.

Hajime just made a wild guess, but it's not as if he told anyone himself his mother was a terrible cook until Hajime hit the mark.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Monokuma continues to be annoying and creepy like always.

The 'let's run!' part was great. Chiaki is awesome.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Kitala posted:

Current Nagito doesn’t seem like the type to trust the others for anything.

Exactly, he seems to think we're small minded useless people, and so he's gonna do everything himself.

I feel bad for Monomi.

She's distrusted by the others, made into annoying comic relief by Monokuma, nobody likes her...

Sad.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Stephen9001 posted:

I just thought of something, can Nagito use his luck to somehow make someone kill him when they didn't want to? Or is this just another one of those dumb weird thoughts that pops into my brain from time to time?

It could, if he invented a luck based killing method.

But that seems difficult to do.

Still, Nagito is crazy. So who knows how many crazy lengths is he willing to go.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

dancingbears posted:

Isn't that something like a stereotypical or traditional thing for a newlywed Japanese wife to say to her husband on her honeymoon?

Actually it's just a thing to say to someone "I'm not very experienced so please don't get mad at my mistakes."

They're working together.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Compared to the previous chapter, Komaeda's ribbing on Hajime's lack of a talent here feels less condescending than before.

Probably because he has bigger things to worry about like whatever he's planning.

And Nagito showing up like that also made me incredibly nervous.

It's kind of amazing how much dread he can inspire just by showing up.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

FPzero posted:

I've been waiting so long for this update because it can all be summed up like so:

Ahahahaha

This is so good

Suits this scene to a T.

Nagito only ups the chips as time goes on.

Glazius posted:

...Nagito, you can't blow up an island. It's resting on top of a mass of land that goes all the way down to the sea floor. Unless you found a volcanic vent or something.

He can however kill everyone with the bombs so who cares about the island.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I honestly though Nagito was lying, but since it's Nagito, you can never tell.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Isn't this Nezumi castle a place where Monokuma can't go either? Because he was all 'Noooooo, mice will chew on meeee!' or something.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Monomi does NOT help her case.

At all.

Which is sad, because she's obviously not on Monokuma's side.

And anyway, time for the grand finale I guess? What are we even going to do with the bombs? How will we defuse them?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

It was a fluke!

Because I'm certain he's got something even worse planned.

And points to Nagito for making the fluke sound believable.

Chiaki has nerves of steel and is my favourite character.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Zoe posted:

Okay weird, I swear I posted this earlier but I guess it didn't go through?

I just ordered the third game and I'm trying to find out if it's safe to play or if it will spoil anything major past the point where we're at in this LP.

Some person on reddit asked the same thing, and he beat chapter 3. The other posters told them that they were one step away from spoiling themselves.

This is second hand knowledge so take it or leave it, it does spoil stuff.

There are still some reveals we have to go through.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Chiaki is best girl.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Well, Nagito did say he was willing to die for the cause, so here he is. Dead. Offed by someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Zoe posted:

Strangely, he doesn't look too happy about it.

Who What Now posted:

Getting impaled isn't pleasant.

Even Nagito isn't enough of a masochist to enjoy being impaled to death. Well, physically at least.

• Locked thread