Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

This motive feels like complete bullshit to me because from most of the motives from the previous game and this one, Monokuma was just nudging people to kill each other. This feels like Monokuma's holding a gun to their heads and ordering them to kill someone or everyone dies.

On the bright side, even if there's no food at least Mechamaru can still provide them with some refreshing soda and tea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The fact that Nagito has survived this long is hilarious, honestly.

In the second case, Peko and Fuyuhiko didn't want to involve him and in the third case, Nagito saw Mikan was someone full of Despair and no way would ever think of helping her. Though I'm worried he might be approaching his usefulness to the plot and get killed soon.

eating only apples posted:

I really can't stand Gundham.

So how do you feel about the color red? Feel any particular desire to wear a mask?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Nope, he's got immunity from death because he's the Token Crazy Nut. In normal circumstances, this would mean the others would bump him off first, but not in this world.

I'd love it if he makes it to the end, since I find Nagito to be a pretty fascinating character.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

FPzero posted:

Volume 13:
Let's talk about something that happened a while ago... Back when I was still at the safari park. At the time, the park was on the decline. Everyone there was ignoring the rules and doing whatever they wanted. Those guys had no order at all... It was a wild world, where the weak fall victim to the strong. During this time, I happened to meet a nice guy named Gorillo. As you can guess from his name, he was a pig. Gorillo was bullied at the park a lot. I dislike bullying, so I stood up for him. I used my Assassination Fist that I developed with radio exercises, and beat all those guys in the park by force. To be continued...

Volume 14:
After conquering the park, I became the Overlord of the park in both name and reality. I should be thankful to Gorillo. He was the one who gave me the opportunity to fight. I'm not exaggerating when I say that he helped me become the bear I am today. I don't normally say it because it's embarrassing, but I should take this opportunity to thank him. Gorillo...thanks to you, I was able to become strong. The taste of the pork broth ramen and deep-fried pork cutlets I ate afterward were the best. But when I tried to eat them, it was too oily for me to finish. Sorry about that. If you're reincarnated, become a pig again. I'll probably be able to eat oily food by then. That's all for now! Bye now!

Huh. These two are strangely longer and detailed than the rest of the other volumes. Is it just me, or does feel like it alludes to that Danganronpa side novel?

FPzero posted:

:I'm gonna beeline through the rest of Nagito's events.

Oh boy.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Nagito's SL events did not disappoint and I can see why he's all twisted up. Having to live while horrible poo poo keeps happening to you or your loved ones, where they get hurt or worse, he's probably using his almost religious belief about luck and hope as a coping mechanism. Poor guy really needs that hug.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It's weird, yeah. If this was DR1, Hajime's idea for everyone to starve and die together instead of killing each other might have some merit. Like it would've been a tremendous gently caress you to Monokuma's plans to tarnish the image of the Ultimates.

And I forgot, but was there a rule against breaking down doors or walls? Like could they maybe get Mechamaru to lift one of those pillars and smash it against a wall? Or maybe have him pry open the door to the contact elevator and see if they can find a shaft that leads outside?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I like that Chiaki talked Hajime down from going into that room. Things are looking pretty bad so having someone who keeps a cool head like her is a blessing.

rannum posted:

They kind of gloss over it, probably so they don't have to acknolwedge the bathroom and running water, but I'm guessing there's some dehydration going on

Don't forget the juice and tea coming from Mechamaru! Admittedly, I don't know if drinking sweet things at a time like this would cause more problems or not, but it feels like a small comfort at the very least.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Aww man, Mechamaru... I wanted him to make it to the end. I thought he was cool even in chapter 1, and he became cooler since he didn't let being turned into a robot get him down.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Did she? Or, did she just not want Hajime to know that the weapon had already been taken?

I don't really believe that is the case, but it is a possibility.

I'm not sure about this. I mean, Chiaki's been pretty much against the killings from the start and was our most helpful ally during the trials so I can't see her changing her tune now. I've checked the previous updates, and it's been mentioned there's a Life-Threatening Game waiting inside so I guess she didn't want Hajime to do something reckless and get hurt or worse.

A cute detail I noticed while looking was that the badges on Mechamaru's collar looks like a computer case and a keyboard. A not-so-cute detail I noticed was that Mechamaru's death also matches with what happened to the Tin Man in The Wizard of Monomi.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I've been thinking, and I feel that Kazuichi is the killer here. He's hungry and desperate, so he probably convinced Mechamaru to help him on a harebrained scheme where Kazuichi shuts him down temporarily. He probably thought they could fool Monokuma to think Mechamaru got killed, only Kazuichi would turn him back on once the doors outside are unlocked.

As for why Mechamaru's in pieces, Nagito probably saw him lying "dead" and decided to help Kazuichi by messing with the crime scene, just like what Togami did. So now Kazuichi is locked as the culprit of a crime he didn't intend to do.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Graylien posted:

Wouldn't that make Nagito the killer? Powered-off Mechamaru seems more similar to unconscious than dead.

Monokuma's a huge dick so he'd probably count Kazuichi as the killer, for maximum despair. Maybe with some bullshit reasoning like how the person who turned off Mechamaru's power switch is the one who really pulled the trigger, or something like that.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The pillar makes me wonder if the one who did this to Mechamaru tied part of the wire around him and the other end on the pillar. Would it be possible for them to pull on Mechamaru so that he'd fall over and his weight would topple the pillar on top him? I don't know if that's physically possible, but maybe Nagito's luck might be able to tip things in that result.

I still think it's Kazuichi who shut down Mechamaru, and Nagito used this chance to make sure Mechamaru will not be turned back on.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Aside from that hardcore russian roulette, Nagito's behavior towards Monomi seems to confirm that his story of having frontotemporal dementia is true. If this is what he's like usually, then he must really like Hajime and the Ultimates to put so much effort to be nice and polite.

Qrr posted:

Chiaki already theorized that the killer had access to it because the hammer and chains weren't from anywhere in the fun house that she'd seen.

I wonder if Monokuma also gave the culprit a copy of the files he gave Nagito, or if he gave it only to Nagito for using 5/6 bullets? I'm thinking maybe the killer (still think it's Kazuichi) factored that in when they chose Mechamaru.

Also, I noticed there was a rocket launcher there. I know I've mentioned that they could've tried getting Mechamaru to break down the walls or try to make an opening in the elevator, but couldn't the culprit have used this to blow up the wall instead? Or have Mechamaru do it since he has a better chance surviving Monokuma's wrath?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm impressed Nagito was able to instinctively realize Hajime was someone like him who looks up to Ultimates right from the start.

Glazius posted:

Wow. And... we're kind of the only ones who even gave him the time of day, aren't we? That's got to sting. The only person who talked to him wasn't even worthy of becoming hope? What kind of luck is that?

Sure, Hajime hung out with Nagito but he did it begrudgingly and always thought the worst of Nagito. I imagine that and the disappointment that Hajime's not an Ultimate is what's making Nagito act like a dick here.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Mraagvpeine posted:

When Nagito was talking about the similarities of the cases between the 2 games, how were the 1st cases similar?

I think it was that in both cases, someone panicked over the motive Monokuma used as bait, planned to murder someone to get out, and that the murder victim was killed by a kitchen utensil.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Narsham posted:

Well, houses being adjacent confirmed. But it looks like the Tower may move and rotate as well. Also, poor Nagito finds out his true love isn't an Ultimate AND believes this murder is actually a suicide... no wonder he's tetchy.

I thought the two houses were stacked on top of each other, but the elevator rotating makes them being adjacent make more sense.

RedMagus posted:

Considering he's being a giant dick to everyone, maybe that book he read stated that everyone is a fake Ultimate? It'd explain the mood change.

But considering the note made about clocks, I'm going to assume that all the clocks were changed by someone, and everyone not waking up on time for the Tai Chi was part of the plan.

While it'd be hilarious if Nagito turned out to be the only Ultimate while the others are reserve course students, we've already seen some of them use their talents so it has to be something else.

As for the clock, Mechamaru said his clock can't be tampered with, so I'm guessing the note means that the culprit messed with the clocks in both houses. It's probably set earlier, so that the culprit could corner Mechamaru without anyone walking in.

Thinking about it some more, here's my speculation list for the suspects, from most likely to least likely:

Kazuichi - I thought he turned off Mechamaru, while Nagito was the one to "help" mess with the corpse at first, but it looks like I'm wrong. Still, he has the know-how to mess with Mechamaru's systems and how to mess with the elevator button and the SH Button. Probably planned to stall the investigation by saying it'd take him ages to fix the elevator button with no tools and that he can't fix the SH button with no parts, but Nagito screwed him over by giving him the multi-tool and saying he can use Mechamaru for parts.

Fuyuhiko - Was outside his room when the alarm clock went off. Suspiciously gone while Kazuichi was performing an autopsy on Mechamaru.

Gundham - Was also outside his room when the clock alarm went off, despite staying in one of the supposed soundproof deluxe rooms. It's a bit suspicious, but he could just be up really early.

Chiaki - Said some odd things that makes her sound like she knew what's inside the Octagon. Probably a misunderstanding, since she's been against the killings and has been helpful in trials from the very start.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Gorilla Salad posted:

But it seems like that isn't the case. So where did the chain go and how did the design on the door change? Easy - the door rotated.

Like an old school secret passage:

Hmmm, the mystery here is if the two houses are adjacent and it's the hall that rotates, then it should still show the back door chained up no matter which house they enter the hall from. As for the rotating door, if the wire was attached to Mechamaru, tied to the pillar, and then to the doorknob, wouldn't the wire break when the door rotates and they'd see bit of it sticking out from the sides?

Mikl posted:

Both "back doors" are fake. The room doesn't rotate, it's an elevator that moves up and down; also strawberry house and grape house are on top of each other (with strawberry on top, probably), and the contact elevator rotates 180° to give the illusion that they aren't.

Give me five sec as I fire up photoshop.

e. like this, probably:

Grape house is below strawberry house.

So the chain is still there, on the fake strawberry house door, only since the room has moved up the chain's not visible anymore.

This theory is slowly making more sense to me, but my main problem here is the contact elevator. Let's say we came from Grape House and used the contact elevator, if it does rotate 180° then shouldn't it stop north of the Final Dead Room and be facing outside?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

EponymousMrYar posted:

That's assuming that the pivot point of the rotation is the Tower.

What if it's the houses themselves?

I don't think the houses could be the ones rotating. When Mechamaru was murdered, the killer had to have used the contact elevator. There were people in both sides of the house by then, so they surely would've felt if the houses were spinning.

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Well... it feels a little complicated, but it could be that the elevator is traveling up the house in a bit of a spiral?

So say for instance when you go into the elevator in grape house and face the door, south is at your back and you're looking north. The elevator moves on a track that wraps around the outside of the building as it ascends to the strawberry level, and when you arrive, you are now facing south as you exit.

Not sure if I explained that all too well, might do an mspaint mockup when I get home.

EDIT: So like this basically

Thanks for the edit. This layout makes more sense seeing it like this. My only question is, are there elevators that can actually move around the building like this? I don't want to dismiss the possibility out of hand, but it sounds... well, almost as stupid as Peko using her sword as a springboard on a wet bathroom floor.

Mikl posted:

Slightly revised theory regarding Mechamaru's murder:

- We're working with the assumption that Fuyuhiko saw Mechamaru by 5 AM, but what if the clocks were already tampered with by then? My reasoning is that IIRC, Fuyuhiko stayed outside the lounge until the alarm went off by 5:30 AM so the killer couldn't have sneaked past him to mess with the alarm. That would make the actual time 7 AM and Mechamaru would've been on his way for Monokuma Tai Chi. Maybe the killer was behind Mechamaru while they were doing Tai Chi, so they could've quickly jabbed his Good Night Button?

- If Mechamaru died by 7:30, then it would fit with the alarm going off by 5:30 (checking back, it seems only the Strawberry House had the alarm clock ringing). I'm guessing the plan was for the guys to hear alarm and the rumbling sound close to each other. They'd see the clock and establish the time being 5:30, and then they'd think it was too early and go back to sleep. So the killer must've had 30 minutes to set the entire thing up, which isn't much.

- Going by the two houses being stacked on each other theory, then the tower has to be an elevator. The killer must've chained the fake Strawberry house door to keep everyone thinking the two houses were side by side. The broken doorknob came from the fake Grape house door, so that must be where the steel cable was tied to.

- If the steel cable was wrapped around the fake Grape house door, the only way I can see it being used for murder was if the tower elevator went downwards. So if the cable was tied to the pillar and Mechamaru, the pillar would be hoisted up a bit, the combined weight makes the doorknob snap off and then the pillar would smash onto Mechamaru? My question here is how the killer could've timed it so that this would happen right when the alarm sounded.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

FoolyCharged posted:

What if its a suicide, by murder? The killer wants to be caught an executed to escape this rat trap.

I really can't agree with this reading at all, because if the killer wanted this to be a suicide then why would they think murdering someone else first was in any way a good idea? If this was supposed to be similar to DR1's case 4, then killing someone ruins the notion of this being a self-sacrifice to keep everyone alive. If they wanted to be useful, why not just take the grenades and rocket launcher in the Octagon and blow a loving hole in the wall so the others can escape?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

EponymousMrYar posted:

Because that'd break Monokuma's rules and not only be suicide, but suicide that doesn't serve anyone (because Monokuma wouldn't count that towards feeding everyone else/getting them out of there.)

This way not only does it count it allows for the murderer to get out of the situation entirely by getting everyone else killed, which makes for an interesting difference from DR1's case 4.

But if the murderer was already considering suicide to save everyone, why would they even care about following Monokuma's rules? Sakura didn't care about it and broke open a door to a room with critical plot information because she knew she was going to die anyway.

If they're still in Jabberwock Island, then if the killer had bothered to blow up the wall instead, the others could march out of the Funhouse and go back to the hotel and get some food. Yes, the one who broke the wall would be punished, but I don't recall a rule from Monokuma saying the rest have to spend the rest of their lives in the Funhouse so trying to forcibly drag them back there again would mean it's breaking its own rules.

I guess I'm just stuck on the idea that suicide = self-sacrifice here, and murdering someone else doesn't line upwith that. The story wanted us to think this case is similar to Chapter 4, and that was the main plot beat I remember from it.

FoolyCharged posted:

Also, that was a dumb, joke, tinfoil hat theory. An actual suicide by murder would involve the perpetrator sitting there next to the body saying they done it.

Yeah, this would've also been a good "gently caress you!" to Monokuma as well.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I find it cute that Sonia and Gundham get along really well, thanks to the Dark Devas of Destruction and Sonia's love of the occult.

And Nagito's Thinking Time line is so good. He really is tired of this poo poo.

The picture all but confirms the two towers stacked on each other theory. The only thing missing is an explanation about the contact elevator to confirm if it does go around the building.

From what Nagito's hinting, the knowledge of the layout of the tower is the key to how the culprit killed Mechamaru. Speculation, from how the broken door handle belonged to the door on the Strawberry "side", this might be where the killer ambushed Mechamaru and put him to sleep somehow. I'm basing this on the idea that if the elevator/hall was stopped at the Grape House side and the killer had tied the cable on the door there, we would've seen the door handle was broken there and there might be some marks where the cable scuffed on the floor.

My guess is that the killer's plan was to summon the hall/elevator to the Grape House side and the floor moving would then leave an object tied to the door handle thanks to the steel cable to hang there and wait for it to fall. The three possibilities I see are:

A. The middle of the cable is looped around the pillar, and the end is wrapped around Mechamaru - As the floor descends, the pillar would get overbalanced and topple over Mechamaru. The main problem is that there's too much weight, so this might cause the handle to pop off before the pillar could even budge instead.

B. The other end of the cable is tied to the pillar - If the killer came back to check their handiwork, they could have tied the pillar around Mechamaru to throw us off. The problem is that if the pillar did fall on top of Mechamaru then he would've gotten some fragments on top of him.

C. The other end of the cable is tied to Mechamaru - This way, Mechamaru would have fallen on top of the pillar, which would explain the oil stain there and how there's more pillar fragments below his body. This one feels the most likely to me.

My problem with B and C is whether the door handle could have even supported either items hanging off it without immediately breaking once the pillar or Mechamaru left the ground.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Mecha_Face posted:

D. Mechamaru was bound in such a way as to draw and quarter him with the pillars, via the way the room moves. Doing so popped off his head... But the sheer durability and weight of Mechamaru popped one of the pillars out of place in turn, causing it to topple. This may have happened in the process: His head came off , and the sudden release of tension caused the pillar to ragequit life.

Could you elaborate more on how this works? I can't form a clear picture of this in my head.

Zoe posted:

Someone already said assisted suicide and it looks like it would have to be, so maybe that, plus tampering with the crime scene afterwards?

Maybe the accomplice was supposed to let everyone know what happened afterwards so they wouldn't all get themselves killed pointing fingers the wrong way, and then decided nah and to twist the whole thing to get themselves out?

But how would making it look like a murder benefit the accomplice? If Monokuma rules Mechamaru as his own killer, then confusing the others to vote for the accomplice would only kill them all. And if the others voted for Mechamaru, it still wouldn't get the accomplice off the island. Either way, everyone would have been let out of the funhouse.

I can see this working if Monokuma popped out to tell the accomplice that they'll be the one on the chopping block for pressing whatever button that shuts Mechamaru down, despite it being his request. But, the clocks being tampered with makes me suspect this was premeditated. That bit had to be planned to make sure the other person and Mechamaru were left alone in the hall.

If it were a third party that tampered with Mechamaru, then Nagito is the only one who could have any possible reason to do so. But we just saw that Nagito only entered the Octagon after Mechamaru's death, so he couldn't have done it.

I guess maybe Monokuma could have tampered with it, but would they have gone to this extent? Or could Monokuma be secretly hiding another suicide letter to make the accomplice want to get revenge on the others again?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm glad that Kazuichi creeping on Sonia has some actual consequences, and we find out that Sonia actually hates his guts. And the "what does this mean?" bit with Gundham is fun to hear.

Chiaki's idea about Kazuichi not being the killer because he fixed the contact elevator has a hole in it, since Kazuichi could still do it but take ages to finish it so that he can deflect suspicion while still delay the other boys from helping with the investigation. Nagito giving him the multi-tool to speed up the repairs probably messed up with that plan.

...And was it me, or was that gently caress joke an SA reference?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I got to say, I love how proud Fuyuhiko sounds that he checked those clocks. He sounds so happy about it.

I have to say I didn't see Mechamaru being woken up by his alarm as the cause of him falling down. I'm surprised no one brought up the possibility that the door knob couldn't have supported Mechamaru's weight though.

Speculation about the killer, the tampered clocks being brought up at this point of the trial has me reluctantly suspect that it's Gundham. Mostly because of the part where Fuyuhiko had to turn off the alarm and Gundham was there despite staying in a soundproofed room. God, I really hope I'm wrong and it's actually Kazuichi. I like Gundham while Kazuichi has just been a huge creep. Not to mention how it would make Sonia sad.

Edit: Removed the spoiler bar. Sorry about that, sometimes it's hard to keep track what to put in spoiler bars or not.

amigolupus fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 23, 2017

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Stroth posted:

This loving game.

Yeah, it rules. I'm glad they managed to work the hamsters in somehow.

Big props to Gundham's voice actor here, he sounded like he had a blast just going full ham here. I'm still a little sad that it's Gundham who did it and not Kazuichi. The thing where Fuyuhiko and Kazuichi checking the Deluxe Rooms being the downfall of this plan feels flimsy considering how they never bothered to check in on Nagito.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I like the voice acting here, where Gundham went full ham in his final speech. Him going to heaven has been pointed out, so I'll just say that I feel sorry for Sonia and the Four Dark Devas. I got into a speculation discussion in the thread earlier about this being considered a suicide by murder as a reference to chapter 4 of DR1, and I guess it was right. I still really don't see it myself, since I think self-sacrificing yourself shouldn't drag others down with you, but that's just me.

The real twist for me is that apparently Mechamaru was okay with a fight to the death and how gung-ho he was. The hell was Mechamaru up to before he became a coach?

ApplesandOranges posted:

The execution designers for DR1 and DR2 were different. Which does explain the toning down of how gruesome DR2's are; Chapter 3 and 4 had visibly less squicky ones.

Now to be fair, Celes' execution in DR1 didn't have blood or anything either, but you could at least get the sense of some suffering.

The one that really got to me was Mondo's execution. Having the guy go round and round in that speedy death trap was bad enough, but the ending where we see the tub of Mondo Butter was worse. Just the implication that Mondo's gooey remains were inside it really made me nauseous.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Mecha_Face posted:

You know, it just hit me that this IS still a replica of the fourth case in the first game. Because that case looked like a suicide, sure, but it was actually self-sacrifice. And in this game, if Gundham’s words are to believed, both he and Nidai intended to sacrifice themselves. And they both actually did.

This explanation still feels like complete bullshit to me. Even if we believed Gundham's story how Mechamaru accepted his challenge for a fight to the death, it still boils down to two guys trying to murder one another. This is still two people agreeing to kill each other out of desperation and they're just playing right into Monokuma's hands. If we wanted self-sacrifice, one of them should've said they planned to sacrifice themselves by committing suicide to the other person and given them a note to push the others forward. Hell, if they really wanted to go out with a bang, they should've just used the explosives and rocket launcher found in the Octagon to blow/punch down the walls and free everyone.

Also, the murder method used on Mechamaru feels too cruel to be associated with the concept of self-sacrifice. Dude was strung up on a high place and fell to his death. It's an ugly way to go, and Mechamaru didn't deserve that.

I like Gundham and I think his social link scenes here are good, but the end of the trial and his motivations feels so weird to me.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

While I find Kazuichi to be a creep, I don't think he's as terrible as Hiro. Kazuichi has been putting his Ultimate talent to good use throughout the game so far. He's also been trying his best during trials, and while he may get some things wrong, it helps eliminate bad leads in trials. Contrast to Hiro who dragged trials down with his dumb theories. And while we don't know Kazuichi's social link yet, it can't be as bad as Hiro outright admitting that he conned people out of their money.

And yeah, Kazuichi's a creep but it's somewhat tolerable because no one's cool with it (unlike how everyone didn't react to Steve), and the reveal that Sonia hates his guts was an amazing payoff.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Robindaybird posted:

I seem to remember people quickly intervening to keep Steve from taking advantage of Sonia's naivety and everyone else just generally avoiding Steve because he creeps them out so much.

You're right that the others seem to mostly avoid Steve. I guess it's because he's supposed to be the comedic pervert archetype, but it felt like the others treated his behavior lightly. Him trying to trick Sonia had Nagito and Hajime go "Haha oh you~ But we'll still stop you though". And it's played for laughs, but Steve also felt up Nekomaru when they were on the beach, and took advantage of a blackout to hug Hajime. It's why it was rad that Steve's own creepiness was the nail in the coffin for him back in the first trial.

Oh what the fresh hell is this?

There sure is a lot to process in this update. What interests me is Kazuichi theorizing that a bunch of rich people are making them kill each other. The name and picture of the founder of Hope's Peak was shown during chapter 4, so maybe this is a build-up to them being the mastermind?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Robindaybird posted:

It's perfectly understandably why no one likes her, since in their view she kidnapped them even for altruistic reasons and has been a colossal gently caress up since them.

The fact it took them that long to realize as much of a screw up she is, and how antagonistic Monokuma is towards her that she's trying to help is a bit telling.

Agreed. I think the cast is justified to be suspicious of Monomi at first, but they look really dense to not realize how malicious and abusive Monokuma is to Monomi. Though the two being stuffed toys made it easy for the cast to dismiss them.

Between being the first to realize that Monomi might be their ally and being one of the most surprising team players in the group, I'm really liking Baby Gangsta here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I hope this means we finally get to see Sonia drive a tank right through the walls of the ancient ruins.

Toalpaz posted:

I mean to be fair the legitly believe that both Monomi and Monokuma's behaviour is an act to get them on Monomi's side, at least for most of the game before this point. I think it's fair for them to act like that especially since she's a stuffed animal that claims to have kidnapped them, and Monobear is another stuffed animal that is making them kill each other. And that the islands are a perfect stage for them to kill each other on? It's very clear that this setting has been planned out for them, so why not think the two stuffed animals with the same naming schemes and design are in it together?

Even if Monomi isn't actually on Monobear's side at the end of the game, I think it's fair to say that she's personally put their lives in danger and caused several of their deaths due to negligence as a school trip supervisor.

Monomi used to be Usami the magical girl bunny, a completely different naming scheme and design. Monokuma's a devious little poo poo who changed her to Monomi because he wanted the students to associate the two and destroy what little trust they have of her. I do get that it's fair for the students be suspicious of Monomi, but I feel like it took them way too long to look at how Monokuma has been a vicious dick to Monomi and not have any doubts about it.

And I don't think it's fair to put any blame on Monomi here for the deaths. She wanted this to be a fun trip for people to bond and be friends, and looked absolutely shocked that Monokuma was in the island in the first place. And we've seen Monokuma overwhelm her and made sure to reduce her to a powerless comic relief, so it's not like she has any pull on what happens anymore. She's just as much prisoner as the students, IMO.

• Locked thread