Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

So what does the blood nose denote, again? Lust?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Narsham posted:

Clearly the elevator is a vertical one after all, and that hatch goes down from Strawberry House to Grape House. Which means that the Grape Tower floor must elevate to the Strawberry Tower level. Furthermore, if one House is immediately above the other, those doors must rotate when the Grape Tower floor ascends.

What if we have it completely backwards? The orientation in those maps could well be lying. Without a compass (hmmm, where would we find that) we just don't know which way is which.

When they first went into the elevator, they commented on how it must be a very good one because they couldn't feel it move. So, maybe it didn't.

But if the elevator doesn't move, then that must mean it's the central hall which does :psyduck: That must be why you can't access it if there's someone in there - to hide that very fact.

Lift is actually the hall, hall is actually the lift.

I have no idea how, but the hall must slide sideways between the buildings and I'm guessing the "elevator" is actually a room which slowly spins around rather than going up or down.

drat it, we need to see what happens when yakuza boy uses the compass in the elevator.

I still have no idea how Nagito got back into the other tower. The orientation of the final dead room and the hatch in the floor is something I still can't picture in my head.

I hate myself that I've been sucked into this stupid game. Again.

VERY LATE EDIT: Okay, I'm back from work and have opened up photoshop and stuck in the maps posted earlier. Turns out, it's even easier that I thought to make things line up.

If we just assume that the map for one of the towers is rotated 180° everything falls into place:

The elevator (the square joining the towers) rotates while the tower slides back and forth.

Both houses enter the tower by the same door. The far door leads to freedom.

DOUBLE EDIT:

Or, maybe it's like this:

The hall rotates from one hallway to the other, which is less difficult to achieve and the elevator follows the dotted line while slowly rotating.

Bonus mindfuck in this configuration is that only one of the doors needs to be real. The second 'door' can be fake and not lead anywhere.

To leave the funhouse, everyone just stands in the hall as it rotates until the real exit faces outwards.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 18, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Narsham posted:

Well, houses being adjacent confirmed. But it looks like the Tower may move and rotate as well.

I have to say, I'm surprised as anyone. I'm usually 100% wrong about stuff like that.

:woot:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I think I have it figured out why the chain disappeared.

So, we can assume the circular hall rotates and each building is actually side by side. I had thought the strawberry/grape on the far door of the hall was a projection like it is on everything else.

But it seems like that isn't the case. So where did the chain go and how did the design on the door change? Easy - the door rotated.

Like an old school secret passage:

The hinges on the door are fake, it rotates on a pivot in the middle and one face has a strawberry and the other has a grape.

Hell, everything in this drat funhouse rotates - the elevator, the hall and the doors. That's the trick of the place.

Nothing moves up or down or left of right, it just spins.

Now, what is actually on the other side of that door? I have absolutely no idea.

Bonus crazy theory - the "super smooth" elevator between the houses doesn't move at all. It says perfectly still while the entire grape/strawberry houses move around it.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 24, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm guessing that the killer tied him to the door handle of the upper house, went through the elevator to the "other" building and tried to access the tower.

The floor must drop away and Mecha was suspended from the door handle just kinda swinging there until it broke off.

Then he fell three stories and got all kinds of hosed up. I'd guess he landed on the pillar, knocking it over and breaking it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Right now the only way I can imagine the contact elevator moving is either along a big track 3 stories tall on the outside of the buildings, like a rollercoaster, or the building's aren't exactly on top of each other*.

I'm still focused on how, every time they're been in the lift, they comment on how smooth it feels. A rollercoaster really doesn't fit with that.

*but Nagito has pretty much put that idea to rest.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Mikl posted:

Yep, pretty much as I figured in my latest theory. Coming up next: Mechamaru made himself fall by moving and loosening the wire when he was woken up by his internal alarm.

I suppose that would fit with the "suicide" theme. Mechamaru chooses to kill himself rather than have one of his friends become a murderer.

If not, if could have worked like this: maybe the wire was long enough so that it could reach the floor after the tower floor went down.

Then the killer would have just needed to yank the wire sideways and down Mechamaru comes :(

Good lord, that's a lot of messing around. Tie Mechamaru to door. Damage tower button in hallway. Get in elevator and take it down to the "other" building (or use secret passageway). Press the tower button there to lower the floor. Wait patiently for it to arrive. Enter tower, pull wire. Oh poo poo, handle came off too, oops. Maybe mess with the scene a little, scrawl Nagito's a wanker in oil on a wall, whatever.

Then leave the tower and go back to the elevator. Damage the exterior button thingy to prevent anyone in the other tower from calling the elvator and then using the secret passage of the Dead Room to go back to their own tower - I'm assuming it's one of the guys because of the whole "all awake and gathered together to hear the thump and therefore have an alibi" part.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 21, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
One thing still really bothers me about this - I just can't see the Ultimate Coach heading down to exercise on his own.

Surely he would have woken everyone else up and given them a rousing talk to get their blood pumping?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I just realised why Gundam did it - his hamsters were starving.

It was the only thing he could do to save them :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

FPzero posted:

: However, because the contact elevator was broken, Nekomaru was unable to go to Grape Tower... So he decided to try going to Strawberry Tower.

See, this part still makes absolutely no sense to me. Mechamaru couldn't take the contact elevator to the Grape House and from there walk to Grape Tower for the tai chi because the killer had messed with it. So he instead decided to head in what was - as far as he knew - the totally opposite direction.

Monokuma had told everyone to be in Grape Tower for tai chi, and the only way the boys had to get to that place was via the contact elevator. So now everyone in Strawberry house was screwed as there was no way for any of them to reach Grape tower. But, still Mechamaru didn't try to give anyone a warning.

He just walked off in the wrong direction, without trying to tell anyone. And got killed by a loving hamster.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Oh good lord, yes.

I had the original maps open from earlier in the thread and somehow convinced myself they had thought the two houses and towers were completely separate :doh:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

FPzero posted:

: I-It's no use... I mean...the traitor shouldn't be able to reveal their identity on their own...
: ...Hm? What does that mean?
: ...Do I really have to say it?

So the traitor doesn't know who they are?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Glazius posted:

...Nagito, you can't blow up an island. It's resting on top of a mass of land that goes all the way down to the sea floor. Unless you found a volcanic vent or something.

Maybe it's pumice.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

RareAcumen posted:

Neither have I but fire guns are a thing so that doesn't seem like too much of a stretch at this point.

https://media.giphy.com/media/o7IMFoWQXUXcY/giphy.gif

Fire guns? Pfft. Have some fire tanks!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

eating only apples posted:

Definitely feeling like he did it all himself. The duct tape being on his mouth before (at least some of) the wounds were inflicted doesn't make a lot of sense if he was being tortured for information - maybe he put it on to keep himself quiet while he was doing it all.

So, he hung the spear by its rope from the ceiling and somehow made it swing back and forth like a pendulum?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Colander Crotch posted:

I think he basically did all of it to himself and the death itself was triggered by the act of using a handbook.

So the big quesiton is going to become:

If touching her tablet killed Nagito, did Chiaki "murder" him?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

EponymousMrYar posted:

Of course there'd be a real bomb in the Octagon! :argh:

The one place Nagito had access to that no one else does!

I still find it difficult to believe that the Ultimate game player never made her way into the secret room with it's life or death game.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

GuyUpNorth posted:

That case is supported by Mikan, however she was before Junko recruited her to the little Despair Cult.

Wait, what?

When did that happen?

EDIT: Added spoilers.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jan 2, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought.

Uncool.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I know it's part of the genre, but the way everyone is all "I'm sick/bored of arguing, let's vote!" every time is so dumb.

If you get it wrong you get horribly murdered, isn't that incentive to keep going, examining things over and over from every angle, until you get it right?

I mean, sure we could argue for a few more minutes, but I wanna go sleep. I mean what's the worst that could happen? We all get fed feet first into a wood chipper while having our eyes gouged out?

EDIT: Didn't Nagito say the only way the bomb could be deactivated was by the traitor and also the whole point of him dying was to uncover the traitor?

So, doesn't it follow that whoever it was that disabled the bomb also was the person who threw the grenade? I.e. the traitor.

I mean, it makes no real world logical sense at all, but we're talking about Nagito's luck here. His luck made sure it was the traitor who disabled the bomb, his luck made sure it was the traitor who grabbed the poison grenade which killed him and created his "unsolvable" murder.

But the great irony is that his luck is also his undoing. Because now we know who it has to be.

Disclaimer: I am always wrong about everything in these games.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jan 23, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

C. Everett Koop posted:

Chiaki swiped her handbook before the fireworks went off. Nothing seemed to happen so it was ignored. But she revealed herself there and she's all but revealing herself now.

That's what I thought, too.

If we assume Nagito was telling the truth, it had to be her.

Honestly, I can't believe I got it right.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
EDIT: Double post. Never mind, let's put this here, then

Glazius posted:

Saying that action makes Chiaki suspicious requires quite a lot of ducks in a row, not only for this weird triple bluff to happen:

- the bombs aren't actually dangerous
- Nagito doesn't really know who the traitor is
- Nagito hasn't actually rigged up anything to respond to the traitor's ID, in the hopes that the traitor will fear for their lives and out themselves

but for her to be aware it's happening and do just the right thing to clear her name.

Now, Nagito would, absolutely, take that mad long shot. But did he?

Nagito belives in his luck. Like, really, really believes.

And he's right.

That one thing is the real focal point of this whole trial.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I suppose it depends on exactly how many years you can remove from someone's mind.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
One thing which has always pissed me off in games, movies, etc is when they do something like this:

"I have something incredibly important to tell you. You lives depend on what I have to tell you! We are running out of time for me to tell you this thing which your lives depend on! But first, let's talk about something else for a while. Oh no, we've run out of time somehow!"

:ughh:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Seb posted:

Wow, to be honest I'd do that for you if needed. This kind of thing is very simply automated with ImageMagick or even Photoshop.

Not that you should feel any pressure to LP V3 from that, but yes, that would be taken care of. :)

For anyone who really wants to see V3, SlowBeef is just finishing his run through the game, Which you can find here

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I thought he meant to type that and was confused as hell.

Also, that should be his name from now on.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So if they don't chose to graduate, do all their 'dead' friends come back to life?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

FPzero posted:

: It's definitely the cameras, but make sure you're spelling it correctly!

> Surveillance cameras

: Althought Surveillance Gamera sounds hilarious too.

Gamera ain't got time for that bullshit.

Friend to All Children would gently caress Monobear up.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Just think, if only the original gang had the balls to kill the brain dead Ultimate Zeros before stepping into the computer world all this would be a moot point.

Everyone graduates and has their new personalities uploaded and Junko gets to wake up in a bunch of corpses.

Or, as the saying goes - evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Blasmeister posted:

A white hole?

:sigh: Remember when Red Dwarf was still on point, Grand and Naylor hadn't split and the final season didn't even exist in nightmares?

• Locked thread