Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Buried alive posted:

I don't know why, but somehow watching 'kuma go after 'mi is really disturbing. It's like a domestic violence dispute or something.

Well, in Manzai comedy (the thing the two bears were doing), acts of violence from the straight man against the comedian are common. I believe it's called tsukkomi or something like that.

Course, that's just from repeated viewings of Gaki no Tsukai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUEPptBbIXI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

It seems not all of the possible weapons were put into the duraluminiminium cases. We got irons, shishkebabs, fire extinguishers...

SOME KID GONNA DIE TONIGHT, is what I'm saying...

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Jimmy4400nav posted:

right now no one is above suspicion. you have three people MIA from the room (Yakuza Dude, Sword Chick and Gamer Gal) so they could have tripped the lights, but considering how fast this had to go down, I'm not sure they could have done it and then scrammed from the room. Though if that was the cast you'd expect the murder to be covered in blood.

If anything I've learned from these sorts of investigations, if you're not present at the scene of the crime, you are clear as a suspect. Red herrings and all of that.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Sindai posted:

It would be pretty great if Nagito spends the rest of the game trying to frame himself for every murder.

He drat well better. I got him as one of the only four people who survive in my deadpool.

Guy's a regular Red Herrington.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Fabulousvillain posted:

I didn't put anything into the deadpool, but I really didn't think Miharu was going to get killed since she seems like a good foil to the wacky characters in this. :smith:

All the more reason she was doomed.

The normal ones...they don't do too well in these games.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Serpentis posted:

Anyway, speculation then! Peko is doing a sterling job of throwing suspicion off of Fuyuhiko; maybe in good faith, but maybe not. Seems like an oddly forceful defense of a yakuza brat who has been proved to have a good motive. Or maybe she's genuine and she knows something more? We can't have been the only ones to see Hiyoko sprinting away in tears earlier on, I guess.

See, I noticed that too throughout the beginning. It IS oddly forceful, especially in the first trial where she vouched for Fuyuhiko's location.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Hrmph...I'm totally looking at my dead pool entry, and realizing that I had Fuyuhiko surviving. And the way he's clattering on...I'm starting to think I made a mistake.

And it doesn't help that it seems he has a connection with Girl E in that video game...a very VERY bad connection.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Fabulousvillain posted:

I immediately thought of Peko, but Fuyuhiko brought up changing clothes. Although I guess it's far fetched to think of someone leaving the beach house covered in blood to find a place to change clothes.

That is true, especially considering the front door was blocked by the dead body.

...wait, how many exits does the beach house have again?

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

: It means...I'm not the killer! The true killer, who used me as their weapon to kill Mahiru Koizumi, was Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu!
: QUESTION!
: Uh...what?
: Remind me again what was used to kill Mahiru.
: ...
: Don't clam up. What was it?
: A baseball bat.
: And who was the one who swung the baseball bat?
: I did...but I was a tool to...
: No. If you were a tool, then that'd mean Fuyuhiko would have swung you at Mahiru to kill her. Question is who killed her. YOU killed her. End of discussion.
: ...

Or, that's how it would have gone if Monokuma didn't seem to want to kill everyone in the first place. This is especially sneaky but also dumb at the same time.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

What sort of self-respecting disco club has a banjo on hand?

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Glazius posted:

Huh. I wonder if Monobear jumped the clocks when everybody thought they should be asleep, just to grind the exhaustion down further.

What, like the mandatory morning exercises wasn't enough to wear them down?

Oh yeah, I'm back, by the way. Took a while to catch up, but since my prediction sheet went south, I'm just enjoying the suspense.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Gundham is not a bad character I guess, just very weird. But a lot of these characters are very weird. I just kind of wish more of the characters could be more down to Earth and less okay with this situation.

What part of expert hamster training is weird?

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Zoe posted:

:lol: This is exactly what I was thinking. Did any of those geniuses think of opening one and smelling it first?

Most fire grenades contain a compound called carbon tetrachloride, which in itself is rather toxic to humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

The solution can be easier to decipher once you remember Nagito's specialty.

And no, I'm not talking psychotic fatalism.

• Locked thread