Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

I was with Oren's LP to the end, so im looking forward to how this turns out. Ive waited quite a long time to see the end of chapter 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Cant we just have a quick summery and then move on?

Please?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

eating only apples posted:

Doesn't look like Mikan would have to remove her bandages and put them back on afterwards, if it's her. Her bandaged arm and leg are fully covered in the video.

That is what is making me want to say Mikan is a red herring.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Damnit, Souda's going to be the one to snap and kill someone.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Hahahahahahahaha

Lactose intolerant yakuza.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

I have a feeling that Souda's obsession is going to be the red herring this chapter. Its just too drat obvious.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

dancingbears posted:

As you may have guessed, the Japanese audio features Gundham shouting beautiful Engrish.

I need audio of this.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

I think ya'll are trying to read too much into a video game.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

RedMagus posted:

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
BECOME AS GODS

Danganronpa is messed up enough without throwing some into the mix. Sure there's child murder. But nobody is eating the corpses... yet.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Fedule posted:

I can't believe Chiaki got the Konami Code wrong.

More like Ultimate Fake Gamer Girl.

That made me laugh.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

I admit Im only more confused now.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Yup, still confused. Why does this poo poo always have to suddenly get overcomplicated? so many great Japanese games totally lose me near the end.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Cuntellectual posted:

We're looking for a weapon to surpass metal gear.

Ok, now it all makes sense.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

timp posted:

Okay, I'm gonna take a shot in the dark at some of this.

I'm guessing that the students in this game are the Remnants of Despair. They were currently really lovely and the Future Foundation wanted them dead, but Naegi, being all Ultimate Hope-like, decides to run them through this virtual simulation and prove to people that they could improve as people, thus instilling worldwide hope? But then Monokuma comes in and fucks everything up, and DR2 starts. Or was the killing game part of Naegi's plan?

Still a lot of things I don't understand, like how Nagito w/ Junko's hand plays into things, or who was on the boat with him, or all the portraits of the founder of Hope's Peak...

That's what I was just thinking myself. This was an attempt to 'rehabilitate' the Despair rear end in a top hat Club and then somehow Monokuma got involved and hosed everything up.

Unless... Monokuma is being controlled by Junko's hand! Evil Dead style!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

FPzero posted:

I know this is a joke, but it's not really a spoiler to say that this is very nearly what happens with Ultra Despair Girls.

Im so scared to look this game up because of everything people say about it.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

So that's why Nagito has Junko Ocelot's hand sewn on. He was hoping to bring her back. Or something like that.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

I can kind of see every character going all Despair Crazy. Except for Ibuki and Nekomaru, I just don't see what kind of path they would have taken to get there.

Edit: Also Teruteru got it right way in the beginning. Nothing is real.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Oh god I just had a weird idea. What if Monobear is still Junko? Like somehow after getting pasted the Remnants scooped her up and did some trickery fuckery and sucked out her mind. And now she's here to prevent her minions from getting better! Although I have little clue how she got in the machine, unless it's through Nagito's hand.

This is what happens to me when I dream on Nyquil.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

FoolyCharged posted:

I mean, if the machine creates an avatar of those present and junko's bits were present in all of them going in, would that not be enough for her to get an avatar?

So far we've got a hand. Wanna bet Fuyuhiko got an eye?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Insertnamehere31 posted:

That makes sense, I just went off the assumption that "absent" was a category of vote similar to abstaining the same way "graduate" and "repeat" are to yea and nay.

And I think with that flashback and the lack of anyone else's presence it's very likely that Hajime is the one who brought the usb with the virus on it to the island. That scene's dialogue also heavily hints that Hajime(?) is extremely talented and either doesn't know or doesn't remember nagito which throws a wrench into the theory that he was one of the remnants of despair. It's possible that Hajime and the super talent murder man are the same person, but I have no idea why he had the virus yet didn't know Nagito or vice versa.

So Hajime is what, Super High School Level Reserve Student?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Hah! Called the eye!

Nagito replaced his whole arm though, not just the arm? I guess that big block of stone did mash her very well.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Hah! Called it Monobear is still Junko. But is this AI Junko or what?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Oh... now I get it. Hajime introduced the virus to the system as part of some ridiculously complicated plot.

Izuru was the guy in DR0 right? I think I remember that much.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Glazius posted:

...so this is a second secret trap. If everybody shuts down the machine, that'll also wake up noted murderman Izuru Kamakura?

Yes, looks like it.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

GuyUpNorth posted:

It could easily have been the original goal but Izuru Kamukura's successors and faculty decided to take it to their own hands. Kinda like Boss' legacy was interpreted pretty drat differently by Big Boss and Patriots.

So the Comstar Blake Dilemma all over again.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

That was the most anime death I could have imagined. Shattered by a rainbow chucking magic rabbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

It was awesome. Thanks!

• Locked thread