Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Theme Music

So yeah I'm showing up to this dumb interview a few hours late - I had better things to do - why, that gonna be a problem between us? Huh? 'cuz if it is we can take it outside, but you are NOT going to like it, trust me on that kid.

Oh, what's that? There's still time for me to look into your camera and answer questions like I'm trying out for some reality show? How generous of you to let me do that, thanks a ton. Anyways, let's get this poo poo over with.

quote:

Who changed you?

Who the gently caress taught you how to structure an interview? Yeah, let's not start off with anything cool like "how do your powers work," nah YOU decided to go right for the traumatic stuff, rear end in a top hat. Ughhhh. Fine, said I'd answer this stuff. It's all public record anyways, not like it hurts me any. Fucker that did all of it is named Wrath, and nah I don't know why - but I'm pretty sure I can guess that it's because he's pissed all the time.

So Camp Echo Lake? That one place that got shut down after a supervillain mind-controlled the staff, abducted the campers, and performed experiments on them that nobody's still quite sure the point of until he got busted by the League of Justice? Believe it or not, my parents had randomly decided it sounded like an awesome place for me to spend a couple weeks - a couple weeks before all of this happened. So yeah, guess who ended up spending their sixteenth birthday being drugged and and experimented on and and upgraded like I'm some sort of object? And oh no, that poo poo didn't go away - nobody's sure what he did or how he did it, so there's no real way to fix what happened to me.

quote:

How did you escape from them?

One of the corridors beneath the camp that Bombshell remembers

Are you serious?! Again with the... OK, before I do something dumb, I'll be right back.

Bombshell leaves the room, and roughly fifteen seconds there is what sounds and obviously is an explosion. Roughly fifteen seconds afterwards, she reenters the room, eyes now a regular blue instead of a glowing light red.

Sorry about that! Should've taken care of that before I can - hadn't been any chance at heroics in a couple days since Summitview's lame and I've been too busy with class and homework to exercise properly, so got overcharged and... oh yeah! You asked about how I escaped, right? Well it's a fairly boring story - I didn't, really. The League of Justice saved the day, and I got rescued as part of that. Not that I remember much of it, but I've watched it on the news and can recall bits and pieces. They checked those of us that survived out, made sure we were OK, then sent us home. Didn't manage to catch Wrath though, so yeah I'm sure that's not going to come back to bite me in the rear end ever.

quote:

Who, outside the team, tries to take care of you now?

Ever since I started doing my heroics I've been occasionally contacted by this one girl that calls herself Delphi. I'm not sure why she cares about me, but so far it's seemed like she's been trying to help me out for whatever reason. From calling me at least twice a week and just seeing if I need anyone to talk to about my powers and how other people treat me because of them - she seems to know a ton about the superhero world - to occasionally messaging me with an address or tip that the team needs to crack the case, she's really come in handy so far.

Now if I could just tell WHY she's doing all this for me, I'd sleep a little easier.

quote:

Why do you try to be a hero?
Couple reasons, actually. Firstly, it's tons of fun. Second, it gives me an actual constructive use for my powers that isn't, uh, construction or something dumb like that. Third, I'm basically designed for it now ever since I got all experimented on and everything, might as well make the best of it. Fourth, everybody at my school knows I've got superpowers anyways - I mean I'm literally listed on the article about what happened at the Battle of Echo Lake on Wikipedia so it's common knowledge - so it's kinda hilarious to have classmates know that I beat up criminals and the occasional C-Lister in my freetime. And fifth... well, sometimes it feels REALLY good to sock a guy in the face. Or hit 'em with an energy blast, whatever, the point is I got a lot of anger and I need to let it out sometimes, for everybody's safety.

quote:

Why do you care about the team?
Uhhhh, because they're my friends? I mean, there's not many other kids in this town that'd decide to spend their free time on this crazy quest to become professional heroes or whatever. Also, unlike me, they're not like... literally designed to be good at this sort of stuff. Most of 'em are just good at a few tricks and determined to do all they can, and you know what? I can really respect that - while also acknowledging that they need me along to keep all of them safe, since I'm the one with Toughness and a rapidly recharging super-battery.

quote:

Which hero inspired you to get into the business?

Coldburn is another victim of the Camp Echo Incident - and she was the first one of us, from what I can tell, that decided to put their powers to good use. She setup a blog for it and everything, it's half therapeutic and half a step-by-step of her heroic process. Seems really risky to give away so many secrets about herself like that, especially since she actually lives in Halcyon where the big villains operate. Admire her for doing it though... it definitely was the reason I started thinking about it, instead of just wandering around town and feeling sorry for myself and smashing up isolated parts of the local geography. Really hoping I get to meet her one day!

quote:

What embarrassing incident happened during your first attempts at heroics?
Yeah, I smashed my friend's house when a punch went wild. Put a little too much force into the swing, couldn't stop myself from doing it. Somehow missed a drat car and managed to hit her house. She doesn't talk to me anymore.

I don't want to talk about this one, next question.

quote:

What has been your greatest success on the streets of Summitview?
Really wish I had something superheroic for this - you know, punching out aliens or wrestling the Infinity Key from the archvillain's scaly clutches - but I don't. Gotta say, it's probably the time I saved that schoolbus.

Despite what the Simpsons may've convinced you, stoners don't make the best bus drivers. So, I was driving my car - my parents still make me drive my car even though I can practically leap to school from our house now - when I noticed the one Elementary schoolbus start to run a red light. At a breakneck pace. Towards where you're meant to turn, but there's a handy wall and then cliff followed by fall if you don't. Didn't really have a ton of time to make a decision, so I leapt out fast as I could and put myself between the bus and the cliff, determined to figure out whether I could stop it before we went flying off the cliff. Braced for impact, put my arms out, and...

Yeah, turns out I can. The impact managed to hurt a little bit, but apparently I saved forty kids and a stoned uncle of one of my classmates, and the drat thing barely pushed me back a couple feet! Got a ton of letters of appreciation from parents - and half the elementary school - after that. Still have most of 'em hanging up on my wall at home.

quote:

What aspect of Summitview would you miss most?

I UNDERSTAND that Halcyon City has way more Record shops than Summitview does, but that doesn't mean it has the best one ever! Galaxy Records is where I've spent my allowance basically since I turned about eight, when my mom got me a Vinyl record player. Fairly sure I'm the main reason the place is still in business, and I'm definitely one of their favorite customers! I get to lounge about and listen to music in a place where nobody's going to bother me, and I even get a discount - plus a few of the employees have really great taste and have helped me expand my musical horizons. Gonna have to commute back and forth if I end up managing to make it all the way to Halcyon City, since there's no way I'm abandoning it!

quote:

(optional) What are you doing in the show's intro credits montage?
Initially I'm just sending tons of goons flying with a couple easy kicks and punches, shrugging off their attacks like they don't matter (because they don't) - but then when one of the other characters* get threatened, my eyes glow red as my face goes furious, and then I'm leaping to defend them with a flurry of attacks at the offending bad guy!

*Whoever she picks as her Love makes the most sense for this imo

quote:

(optional) A thread name for the IC thread.
Small Town Supers

quote:

Hero Name: Bombshell
Not So Secret Identity: Holly Anna Jones
Mask: The Bull
Look: Woman, White, Calloused Hands, Casual Clothing, No Costume
Origin: Attended the Wrong Summercamp

Abilities
Impervious Body (Superhumanly Tough) - While she obviously hasn't tested it yet, Bombshell's certain she could tank a direct missile hit if she had to - she's survived bullets and knives with nary a scratch already, and with the sort of devastation she can and does cause, that she hasn't managed to hurt herself or tear a muscle testing her strength is a testament to how tough she is.
Impossible Might (Incredibly Strong) - Bombshell is STRONG. She's not an incredibly talented fighter, but that doesn't matter when one hit from her sends foes flying. She can also lift a goodly number of tons, smash through walls, leap vast distances - and can enhance her abilities via the energy she stores up.
Red Reactor (Uniquely Skilled at Fighting) - Bombshell continuously produces a powerful form of mysterious energy. While her reserves can temporarily run out or exceed her storage capacity, she can use it to enhance her other abilities, project it as blasts, or use it to recover rapidly from harm. Her favorite trick is to punch someone just as she blasts them with this energy for an easy combo attack.

Labels:
Freak: +1
Danger: +2
Savior: -1
Superior: +1
Mundane: 0

Moves
Punch Everyone
Whenever you charge into a fight without hedging your bets, you can shift your Danger up and any other Label down.

In a China Shop
When you directly engage a threat, you can cause significant collateral damage to your environment to choose an additional option, even on a miss.

The Bull’s Heart
You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your love or frustrates your rival.
Love:
Rival:

Defender
When you leap to defend your love or rival in battle, roll + Danger instead of + Savior to defend them.

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, make them your love or rival immediately to mark potential. If they are already your love or rival, take Influence over them and mark potential.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence and hold 2. Spend that hold to help them as if it were Team in the pool.

When our team first came together…
We defeated a dangerous enemy. Who or what was it?

Relationships
_______________ is your love. You’ve opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.
_______________ is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

Influence
You’re selective about who you let in. Give your love and rival Influence over you, but that’s it.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Round One Questions, Continued (Part Two)

Bombshell, The Bull
  • It sounds like you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself in the field.Who do you lean on, outside of the team, to vent? How'd you meet up with them, anyways?
  • What surprising thing seems to cut right through your defenses? How'd you find out about it?
  • You weren't the only one from Summitview who went to camp. What happened to them?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Tricky posted:

Showstopper, The Delinquent
Who has been the biggest supporter of your music career? Any gigs lined up?

ROCK3RGRRL84, Admin for SHOWSTOPPER'S SWEETIES, AKA Linda Price.
She's a few years younger than me, and she's my biggest fan. Finally met her face to face at my last gig before the band split up, and she looked like she'd died and gone to heaven. Couldn't stop babbling about how great it was to finally meet me and all that, but I think she really meant it. She's still running that page of hers, but now it's more about my "Fearless acts of derring-do."

Anyway, I don't have any gigs yet, since I need to get a new band in the city. But once I do, I'm gonna talk with Jay, owner of the Funhouse. From what I hear, it's a dive's dive, with awful food, cheap cover, and a killer sound system. In other words, perfect place for a new band to get heard by people sober enough to remember who's playing. Jay's supposed to be a pretty hard nosed stick in the mud, but he knows that live music is one of the only things his place has going for it. So, if we give a good audition, we should be in!

quote:

You're not afraid to let the little things get in the way of being a hero, I see. Who's noticed? What are they doing to make your life more difficult?

Ugh. Don't get me started on Breeze. She's an brand new witch-y superhero with an affinity for air, and she was flying along out here in the sticks when she saw me taking a bit of cash out of some wallet that I recovered from a mugging.

...I'm not proud of it, ok? But I was between gigs, and I needed to make rent. Superheroing doesn't pay the bills, either. I put the money back and brought it back to the owner, but she hasn't let up since! She's told everyone that I'm basically a villain for taking 50 bucks. It's nuts!

quote:

Do you think that people will think you've gone soft if you start working with the League? What do they think about you and the team?

I mean... maybe a little. Like, yeah, being punk and working with the League (AKA The Man, man) is gonna be a fine line to tread. But it's all about how you sell it, right? After all, punks are pretty anti-establishment, but they also like it when important poo poo gets done. And my fans are more into my team as a whole rather than the League. So, I just say the team's with the league, and I'm with the team. It should work itself out. Anyway, as long as I keep getting things done with my team, it'll be worth handling the random heckler trying to say I'm a sell out or whatever.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Tricky posted:

It sounds like you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself in the field. Who do you lean on, outside of the team, to vent? How'd you meet up with them, anyways?

Listen... it sucks to talk about, but I used to be more popular than I am now - you know, before I involuntarily became superpowered and weird and all that. Had a lot of friends. Anyways, now most of 'em are either scared of me, or scared of being seen with me... but Susan "Susie" Lotte isn't. We've always been close ever since we attended Cheerleading camp in like fifth grade, and it's super cool of her to not be scared of me anymore. She actually seems to like hearing about what we're up to, and there's a lot of nights I've interrupted the movie we're watching while she sleeps over or vice versa, and she just listens patiently and asks some insightful questions now and again.

My parents really don't get it - they think I should be happy just to be alive. The kids at school don't get it - I didn't get powers on purpose. The adults around town that eye me nervously the second I walk into their stores don't get it - I'm not out to cause destruction. Susie actually gets me, listens to me, and cares about me. She's basically awesome as can be.

Tricky posted:

What surprising thing seems to cut right through your defenses? How'd you find out about it?

Ughhhhhhh. Illusions and Psychic powers are bullshit. My body doesn't perceive them as a threat, just my brain, so my imperviousness doesn't protect me at all and they basically hurt me or affect me as much as they would anyone else. I'm practically immune to bullets, but some dumbass playing hypnotist is enough to stop me dead in my tracks - which, trust me, I HATE HAVING HAPPEN. Grrr. I'm so used to being able to shrug off basically everything, I don't have much of a dodge reflex anymore, which doesn't help me at all against this dumb weakness either.

The main reason I know is some turbodork named The Prestige aka Wayne Wilson decided to show off how cool his years of being a dork and practicing magic tricks in his basement were by holding the school hostage during a talent show. Definitely got out of my seat super confidently to beat him up, since that's my talent now, but drat if he didn't just do that stupid "aren't you getting sleepy" trick on me, and soon enough I was fighting my friends - and, uh, doing a lot of structural damage to the school. At least nothing got hurt but the building and my pride, right?

Tricky posted:

You weren't the only one from Summitview who went to camp. What happened to them?

Yikes - I try not to think about this. Sooo, it looks like you did your research, and you're right, I'm not the only person from Summitview to have attended Echo Lake. Thing is, the other girl that went along? Erika Masters? Yeah, I only remember bits and pieces from when we were both underground, both being experimented on... but it's not pretty.

See, there were probably twenty to thirty of us, and everyone that survived - probably half, please don't make me try and get specific - had a different color. My Red may be really similar to Wrath's, but it's clear that Erika was his prized experiment or pupil or whatever the hell we were supposed to be before the League broke in and saved us. Well, most of us...

The energy colour she ended up with after Wrath's experiments is Black, and whatever happened to her seems to have changed her totally - when she was draining all of us for energy constantly, prowling around the lab after only a single day, it clearly wasn't her... or if it was, she no longer cared about hurting people. She'd always been really sweet, but only a single day, and...

Listen, I said I don't want to think about it. I have no idea where she's gone since she broke out of the League's medical bay, and I'm not sure I want to know. Wrath scares me, but the prospect of running into her is somehow even worse.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

Tricky posted:

Black Knight, The Delinquent

How has your (short-lived) criminal past made things harder in Summitview?

The tracking anklet makes getting around way tougher than you'd expect, especially with all the nature. Seriously though, a lot of people have given me the benefit of the doubt. Or at least they don't expect trouble from me as a rule, if I'm not constantly throwing around spells. That said, I've had to keep my continued study of magic even more of a secret than before. Aunt Priscilla isn't around to talk people down anymore. Also, the cops make a habit of keeping a close eye on me (who do you think my jewelry is reporting to?). It doesn't help that I've attracted one or two of the wrong kinds of admirers. Neophyte villains who think I'd make a good addition to their team.

quote:

Priscilla had a few enemies of her own. Which one was she most worried about? Any clues on his or her next move?

Well, I'm not her first apprentice, and not all of them turned out as passable as me. Tristan comes to mind. You've probably seen the "wanted" commercials and such, but there's more to the lunatic than meets the eye. First off, don't let his apparent age fool you. He's in good enough shape that it almost counts as a power by itself. Speaking of age, Tristan's only a couple years older than me. He traded away his youth to...something for that magic gun he carries. He also gets more ammo for each victory in a fight (preferably by murder), and he couldn't be happier about the fact.

The dude loves fighting. The tougher his opponent, the better. Tristan thinks we're pals because I cut his arm off during our last run-in ("Nice one, B! Hrist would be proud of you."). Lost no time in getting a cybernetic replacement, either. But I'm not the first target on his list. He mentioned something about bagging something or someone big enough for a substantial power boost. *Sigh* He'll be back. He even asked me to keep training until we meet again. Sicko.

quote:

What do you think think it'll take for you to consider yourself a real hero? What about for the public?

To answer both questions at once? When I show up to help people and they believe that's the case.

DeTosh fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 13, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Thank you everyone for the wonderful applications! Due to the sheer number of awesome characters submitted I've decided to take two teams of five. The teams are as follows:

Team One
Mystia, The Nova played by jimmydalad
All American Girl, The Beacon played by GodFish
Tundra, The Legacy played by Yami Fenrir
Alleycat, The Janus played by someone awful.
Showstopper, The Delinquent played by Capfalcon

Team Two
Sparrow, The Protege played by Tardzilla
Callie Spring, The Star played by KittyEmpress
Manitou, The Transformed played by TheNabster
El Diablo, The Outsider played by Green Bean
Bombshell, The Bull played by Rauri

---

So, with that said, this is now Team One's OOC Thread. For Team Two, your OOC thread is here.

Instead of the normal "When the team first came together..." questions, I'd like you to decide on how all you knew each other growing up. It's a small town, after all, you would have crossed paths and formed opinions on the other members of your team even if you weren't particularly close friends. Alleycat, does anyone on the team know your identity?

Please establish relationships and influence as normal and vote on a leader and a team name.

Team One Influence

Tricky fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 13, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Both up for grabs! Give me a decent piece of fluff and you got it.

quote:

You once got caught doing something that shames your legacy with ______________.

(collab with Alley Cat)

"I don't know if she's still mad at me about this, but uh, this is a thing that happened and it was totally my fault. Really! I asked her to help me look into the 'ghost' that was haunting the old abandoned train depot... I mean, I figured it wasn't a ghost, but I didn't expect it to be a crazy girl with insane lightning powers! I tried to get her to calm down, but I guess something I said really set her off 'cause she started throwing bolts like crazy -- she started a fire, Tundra had to throw around a whole bunch of ice to keep it from spreading -- it was a gigantic mess and we didn't even catch her! It was a total disaster, and it made us both look really bad, but I think it was worse for her because of what a fiasco it was, with the ice everywhere and stuff. There's like nothing left of the depot, now, either..."

"That's her! She was all 'this won't be the last you hear of Arclight!' but so far it has been. I kinda hope it stays that way..."

quote:

You trust Mystia and told them an important secret of your legacy.

So Mystia? A fellow magic user! I don't think she's quite as magical of a girl as I am, but whatever! I think she's like, found a book or something?

So yeah, I've spent quite a bit of time with her!

I told her about the whole Darkfire Witches thing at some point while we were practicing. And something I found in our family home. Some old letters, specifically. Like, really old. Coughing fit when wiping the dust off old. It looks like the Darkfire Witches used to be a legacy much like ours, and we were even friends! But then.. something happened. That drove us apart. I haven't figured out what, though.

Everyone gets influence on Tundra. She cares!

AAG gets the leader vote.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 14, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

quote:

Showstopper is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them.

quote:

You and Showstopper pulled an awesome (if illegal) stunt together.

He's pretty cool, and always fun to hang out with, though I wish be a little less trouble... but I know he just needs a good role model like me to set him straight! And that's me, obviously. His ... questionable ... morals aren't always bad either, the other day we were trying to stop some criminals, but they were getting away, and we didn't have any ride, so he hotwired a car. I don't approve really, but since he'd already done it, and we did need to catch them... I didn't complain. And we got them! It was kind of fun too... not that I said that. Anyway! Yeah, I hang out with him a lot, he's good for playing video games with and I like his music. I can't carry a tune or hold a beat or anything, but I did come up with some improvements on his lyrics - which aren't really his strong point.

quote:

You've got to prove yourself to Alleycat before you feel like a real hero.

Alleycat doesn't have any flashy powers like Tundra and Mystia, but his enhanced physical attributes in general means he's basically a stronger, faster me, except without all the training I've put into my weapons. So, basically, if I can perform as well as him, or better, and really impress him, then that means I've made it, because I'll be at the same level as a super. No one will be able to deny I'm a hero then.

quote:

Mystia once hurt you when she lost control of her powers

Mystia kept trying to treat me like a little porcelain doll or something, always refusing to train with me, but I wore her down eventually. She was worried she'd hurt me, and, well, she did, but that isn't the point! If I never practice fighting someone with powerful magic, how will I ever manage to fight against a super villain with powerful magic? Exactly. So sure, I might get beat up worse training with her than I do fighting some heroes, but at least I'm learning. And maybe she'll get better control over her powers if me getting hurt encourages her to focus more.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 14, 2016

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I can't come up with a compelling reason why they'd know his secret identity. Clark Kent Magic is in full effect with the superhero costume.

quote:

Tundra knew you from your civilian life first.
The North-Wind Witches are so cool! Haha, that was a bad pun and it wasn't intentional. Anyway, Carol -- sorry -- Tundra! And I went to school together, and, well... she's a magical girl now! It just made sense that she and Alleycat -- I mean, I -- should be there for each other if we need it, right? So of course I let her know. And now we're on a team together!

quote:

You refused to tell Showstopper your secret identity when they asked.
It's not like I don't trust him -- it isn't! -- but Showstopper... his whole thing is being loud and flashy and... I just didn't want to tell him, okay?
Okay, look, he seems like he has some kind of respect for Alleycat almost maybe possibly and I don't want to lose that if he finds out I'm just a dork kid with a paper route.

quote:

You look up to your teammates; they seem to have this superhero thing figured out. Give two of them Influence over you.
All American Girl has so much confidence! I think we have a lot in common but she just seems so much... better at this hero stuff than I am.
And Tundra, well, like I said. The North-Wind Witches, I used to read about them being all awesome and protecting Halcyon City -- and she's one of them! How crazy is that?!

Leadership vote
Nobody's going to take this stuff super personally or anything, right?!

Um, um... All American Girl! She's really confident and pretty smart and I bet she'd make a great leader. Not that anyone else would make a bad one, just... she seems like The Type.

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 14, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Relationships
You keep trying to impress Mystia with your antics.
Whenever Mystia's around I try to dial it up to 11. Music, fights, gadgets, whatever.

You might think it's power envy or something dumb like that, but honestly? She always seems like she's got a lot on her mind. Figure I could at least try and take her mind off it a bit, you know?

You and All American Girl pulled an awesome (if illegal) stunt together.
Ok, so... you know how All American Girl's basically the biggest goody two shoes on this team of goody two shoes? Yeah, well... one time we were chasing some crooks and they hopped on some motorcycles they had waiting. All American started to run after them, but I just walked over to a parked car and broke the window.

It was adorable. She had this look of horror and said, "What do you think you're doing?!" No poo poo, I just stared right back at her and said, "Catching the bad guys. You in?" For a moment, I thought she was gonna pass, but she just gave a short little nod and jumped in shotgun. We took 'em down. And from the sound of her laughter, All American even forgot that it was "borrowed" for a little.

The car... uh... wasn't in the best shape when we returned it, though.

GodFish posted:

Showstopper is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them.
Looks like she's warmed up to me after that stunt, too, because we hang out all the time now. And, yeah, I might give her some poo poo for being uptight, but only a little. I mean, she knows what she wants to be, and she works hard every day to become that person. I can respect that.
She's even made some really good suggestions for some new song lyrics, so that didn't hurt either.

someone awful. posted:

You refused to tell Showstopper your secret identity when they asked.
Showstopper would totally ask everyone their secret identity, and he'd be annoyed if they didn't trust him enough to tell him.
I mean, it's not like he has one.

Influence
You care way more than you let on. Give three teammates influence over you.
All American Girl and Alleycat train their asses off to be good enough to hang with super powered weirdos like me. And I can relate. Between working on my gadgets and practicing guitar, I put a lot of hours into getting better every day.
Mystia, though, has a good reason not to cut loose all the time. Things can get weird when she really try and push herself. Still, she's so powerful, and she keeps things on lockdown most of the time? It's impressive.

Tundra, though, seems to have everything handed to her, and she's still... uh... Look, I think she's a nice person and all, but... she just doesn't have any ambition! It's... just annoying, you know? Like a prodigy that's just content to coast on talent.

Leadership vote:
All American Girl first, Alleycat second

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Relationships

quote:

You hang out all the time with Tundra to blow off steam.

It's obvious that Tundra and I would go together. Uhhh we are both magic wielders after and I was hoping that her family would have something that could help me with this magic problem I have. So far, that's been unsuccessful. What a shock. Hehehe. Still, it's fun being able to use magic around her. She doesn't find it weird or creepy since uhhh she's also a mage. Be a bit dumb for her to be like that. She's a bit of an airhead, though, and seems to be a bit out of her depth. Still, I know I can count on her to uhhh be there for me and she is pretty cool. She's managed to make it a contest to see who can freeze more. I uhhh may be letting her win. Mostly because I don't know how strong my freezing powers would be if I went full out. I'd probably freeze the entire forest. As much as I love winter, that would probably be awkward to explain. Hehehe.

quote:

You once hurt All American Girl when you lost control of your powers

Uhhhh are you guys sure that All American Girl hasn't got any superpowers? Really? Maybe she's just a super masochist then. Hehehe. So, All American Girl heard about Tundra and I hanging out and insisted that I hung out with her and did "training" like I did with Tundra. I wanted to say no because that's a stupid idea that would probably get her killed, but I couldn't find myself saying no to her uhhh earnestness? It was overwhelming. So we went out and she did her "training" stuff and kept on egging me to use my powers on her and fight her. I tried to hold back, but she kept on insisting and I lost my cool and made the ground in front of her explode, causing her to collide with a tree. You would think that she would never want to talk to me again after that, right? I mean, uhhh, who wants to keep getting hurt like that? Nope. She just got up and insisted that I do it again. So far, I've managed to freeze her, throw her like a ragdoll, shoot magic missiles at her and get her blown away by a cyclone. She still refuses to give up and continues to insist that it's good training. Maybe that first explosion caused her to go a bit nutty. I wouldn't be surprised. Hehehe.

Influence

Demeanour: Locked Down - Give Influence to one teammate - Tundra

Leadership Vote

Uhhh I'm giving it to Showstopper, regretably. Tundra's too much of an airhead to be a leader and I uuhhhh have no idea who Alleycat is. All American Girl is probably a masochist and is a bit annoying with how she insists on training. As for Showstopper, he's uhhh loud. Really loud. And he uhhh also looks a bit like a stereotypical rebel. Has anyone told him that his hair doesn't suit him? Hehehe. Still, he also brought us all together. Doesn't that uhhh make sense?

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Oct 15, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

quote:

You are so excited to be here. Give influence over you to three of your teammates.

Mystia is going to be one of the strongest magical superheroes ever I bet, once she figures out how to control her powers anyway,
Showstopper needs help keeping on the good side of the law, but he'll be going places, and I'd bet he'll be a pretty famous hero and musician!
Alleycat is like... the model hero, as far as things go, right? His powers might not be a standout, but he's the kind of hero that becomes a role model for kids, if I don't get there first.

Tundra.... Well she has powers, but... I really don't know why. She's kind of flakey, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would have been better suited for them. Especially someone like, say, me. Hmph.

Relationships

Leadership Vote
Me, obviously! Uh, if that isn't allowed... Alleycat. Mystia really should be focusing on her own powers for now, Showstopper is... kind of a loose cannon? And Tundra... Yeah.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

@Tundra -- tell me if this works for you!

quote:

You once got caught doing something that shames your legacy with Alleycat.

"I don't know if she's still mad at me about this, but uh, this is a thing that happened and it was totally my fault. Really! I asked her to help me look into the 'ghost' that was haunting the old abandoned train depot... I mean, I figured it wasn't a ghost, but I didn't expect it to be a crazy girl with insane lightning powers! I tried to get her to calm down, but I guess something I said really set her off 'cause she started throwing bolts like crazy -- she started a fire, Tundra had to throw around a whole bunch of ice to keep it from spreading -- it was a gigantic mess and we didn't even catch her! It was a total disaster, and it made us both look really bad, but I think it was worse for her because of what a fiasco it was, with the ice everywhere and stuff. There's like nothing left of the depot, now, either..."

"That's her! She was all 'this won't be the last you hear of Arclight!' but so far it has been. I kinda hope it stays that way..."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

So, as for how I met the others, I'm assuming that, since Showstopper's been pretty loud about being a hero and not having a secret identity, he'd try and join up with other local heroes. So when he came across them, he gave an awful hard sell about teaming up together. Teaming up is what superheroes do, right? Same with musicians forming bands. When he's not with them, he's a high school drop out, doing some odd jobs (and the occasional petty theft) to make rent and groceries when he doesn't have shows.

He and Alleycat were chasing the same mugger. Alleycat was faster, though. When Showstopper caught up, panting, he demanded that they work together from then on, since they were such a good team.

Mystia, though, he only found after she accidently froze him (and several passersby) to the sidewalk when she let things get out of hand. Slipping out of his boots, he bounded over to her and surprised her by not being mad at all! He was too impressed. Instead, he helped her free the people she stuck to the ground by shattering the ice with his guitar.

He met All American Girl before the hotwiring a car. It's a small town, and there's only so much crime. But, he only thought that she'd want to work with him after she agreed to joining in with the joy ride.

Tundra actually helped him out when he was in a bit over his head. Some rookie super scientist had a hide out there and was convinced that Showstopper was after him. Which... wasn't the case at all. He was just looking for some wiring he could salvage for a new project. Thankfully, Tundra warned him and froze a few of the closer ones. Between the two of them, they ruined the guy's plans to build a junk mecha and rampage through downtown for being fired from his part time job.

Also, he's made some functional, if not particularly aesthetically pleasing, communicators (like so), so they can talk without having to exchange phone numbers. He's still annoyed that no one trusted him with their identity, though.

Jerks.

Also, suggestions for Team Name!
Summitview Sluggers/Supers/Saviors/Other S words
Fearsome Five

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 14, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tundra actually helped Showstopper out when he was in a bit over his head. Some rookie super scientist had a hide out there and was convinced that Showstopper was after him. Which... wasn't the case at all. He was just looking for some wiring he could salvage for a new project. Thankfully, Tundra warned him and froze a few of the closer ones. Between the two of them, they ruined the guy's plans to build a junk mecha and rampage through downtown for being fired from his part time job.

Mystia and Tundra met like a day after the whole cyclone-and-about-every-force-of-nature nonsense when she first got magic. After a bit of a misunderstanding (involving a barn being frozen over and then being set on fire and frozen again, it's a long story), Tundra offered to help Mystia by teaching her how to use magic better. ... Or at least practice it. Tundra doesn't really have any idea how mages work, after all she's a magical girl. The distinction is very, very, important.

Alleycat was doing his usual thing, presumably being a cat, in an alley, when suddenly Tundra came crashing through the wall. Still splayed across the wall, upside down, she cheerily said hi and asked him if he wanted to help fight the monster. Which, of course, some came to follow. It was a strange combination of a werewolf and a bear, but for the two combined it was no big deal!

All American Girl and I didn't really meet beforehand, she was just around when Showstopper brought the group together.

Leadership vote goes to Showstopper.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Oct 15, 2016

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Showstopper was... chasing the same guy I was, I think? He said he was, anyway, but he kind of just showed up after I'd caught the dude. I'd heard of him before -- I think everyone in town has! He''s pretty cool so I was scared to meet him. But after all that, he said we should work together? And he was so enthusiastic about it, it was like, wow! Okay! Sure!

Tundra exploded through a wall while I was looking around for someone who needed saving. Turned out she didn't, but we got to chase down a bearwolf (werebear? webearwolf?) together and that was pretty great.

I don't know Mystia that well, but I think she seems nice! I don't think I met her before this whole team formed up. I hope we can be friends. Her magic scares me a little.

I met All American Girl when I got cornered by a pair of jerks who were pissed off at me for trashing their fancy counterfeiting workshop while they were gone. (Still don't know how they found out it was Alleycat -- I mean me.) All-American Girl came outta nowhere and she was like, bam! Pow! Why don't you try picking a fair fight, you cowards! And all that kind of cool stuff! And we took them down together. It was soooo cool. It seems like we have a lot in common, and I'm glad to have her on my side!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Technically, our team started with me and Showstopper, after the car/motorcycle chase we did in the hotwired car. I definitely didn't enjoy it at all, but the two of us worked together well, and I knew if I wanted to help Showstopper turn over a new page in his book and become a proper hero, he'd need someone like me around to show him the way forward, so I asked if he wanted to team up, and he agreed! (I didn't actually say the bit about needing to help him stay straight or anything, I'm not stupid, I can target a pitch)

He knew a few of the other heroes around, had been trying to recruit them for a bit apparently (kind of rude he didn't try to recruit me before then, really) I'm not entirely sure how we got everyone, because I think we all recruited someone/each other, sort of at the same time. I went to find Alleycat and ask them to join, because they're Alleycat -we couldn't form a team of teen heroes in Summitview without Alleycat - and managed to find them just in time to help beat up a bunch of criminals trying to jump him. He knew Showstopper and had already agreed to work with him, I think? So that got Alleycat, and Alleycat and Showstopper both had worked with Tundra, who I guess was already teaming up with Mystia, I think Showstopper might have known her too?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Soooo how did I get to know everyone? Uhhhhh I guess I can talk about it. Can't say it's particularly interesting. I mean, we probably all went to the same school growing up. There aren't that many schools in the area after all. If they were in school, I probably didn't hang out with them. I was busy uhhhh being a total loser. Hehehe. Still, I might as well begin with Tundra since she was the first to approach me after my uhhh accident. Well, it's not like I asked her to. I was just minding my own business chilling in one of my hangout spots by the barn and then Tundra just appears out of nowhere and starts shouting that I'm "evil" or something. Uhhh my powers decided to flare out due to my shock and caused the barn to ignite in flames. She used her ice powers to quell the flames and then tried to attack me, shouting that I was a "Darkfire Witch". I uhhh had to beat her up with my powers in order to get her to listen to me. It was a pretty sound beating hehehe. Once she realized what I was, she offered to spend time with me to help me master my powers. She's been fun to hang out with, especially since I can tease her about the first time we met over and over again. Hehehe.

Showstopper was one of the people involved in that incident where I froze the street. He uhhh certainly made an impression. He got lucky that his body didn't get entirely frozen like the other civilians. I didn't think he was being genuine, at first, since he was excited about meeting me. Something about how he was impressed by my powers. Apparently, he also helped the others who were frozen. I couldn't stay, so I only heard about it from Magica. Later on, Tundra came up to me talking about how she had teamed up with Showstopper and how I should "totally" join them. I mean, he didn't seem to be totally crazy, but he's still a little weird. Hehehe.

All American Girl I only really got to know after the team got together. She seems ok, if a bit annoying at times due to the whole "train me" sort of thing. When she isn't bugging me to use my powers on her, she's a really nice girl to hang out with. Apparently, uhhh, the team started with her and Showstopper. Don't really know why someone like her would know a guy like Showstopper, but who am I to judge? Maybe she has a thing for bad boys? Hehehe.

I have no clue who Alleycat is nor am I particularly too fussed to find out his secret identity. If I was so desperate to find out, I could easily do so with my magic. It's hard to keep a secret from me. Hehehe. Still, I'll give him his space and he obviously doesn't want to tell his secret identity for a reason. No reason for me to uhhhh out it to everyone. I have seen him give me some frightened looks when I'm using my powers. Can't say I'd blame him. I'm pretty freaky. Hehehe.

Team Name

Uhhhh I think The Fearsome Five is the best name we've got. After all, I'm particularly fearsome on my own, intentionally or otherwise. Hehehe.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Heya, just a quick clarification: Tundra does have the magical girl glamour thing where people can't recognize her. I figure the Legacy would want to keep their member's secret identity safe, so I'm going to say that I haven't told you my secret identity yet either. (Other than Alley Cat)

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Alright, it looks like The Fearsome Five are going with All American Girl as their leader.

Here is your IC Thread!

Tricky fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 17, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hey all! Things have been pretty well stalled for a bit now, so I'm just checking in on who all is still interested. I know that there are enough to shuffle into a full team, but I don't want to write anyone out if you're still interested in playing.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I am!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'm also very much interested in remaining here (Tundra is one of my fav characters so far) but... you know.

Still, I'd very much appreciate it if I got a chance to "reactivate" Tundra later.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hi I'm still here and interested and I'm sorry for living up to my name and contributing to Thread Death. :( Politics and depression whacked me in the face but I can (and will!) go post if it'd kickstart the thread again.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Yes please

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Still interested, just need to get off my butt and post

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

So... how's everyone doing?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

haha, right after i posted, my irl cat started dying and it's really taken the wind out of my sails regarding RPing a cat-flavored superhero kid (or doing much else, to be completely honest...), so i think you should probably count me out.

sorry for being an abject failure at playbypost :x

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Oh no, sorry about your cat :(

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sorry about your cat.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Yeah, I'm really sorry to hear that. It's really rough losing a pet.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Alright! Sorry about letting this slide for so long, but it's time for that team merge that I've been talking about for... well, at least a month. Haha. Here's what I'm thinking. Keep your potential from your scene, clear your conditions, and then we'll either shuffle backgrounds and influence or figure something else out if people would prefer that.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Still interested in playing. May need to shuffle love / rival now that KE's seemingly no longer with us.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Definitely interested!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I should have failed more Any rolls :ohdear:

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Yep, still interested! Might have to shift around both my influences.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I'm up for it!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

BEHOLD! Tundra's back! ... not in black though. Sadly you can't change magical girl outfits without plot mandated power-ups.

I will need to shift both backgrounds, any takers?

quote:

You once got caught doing something that shames your legacy with ______________.

quote:

You trust ___________ and told them an important secret of your legacy.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jan 12, 2017

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
What are we merging teams now?

Hit me up famalam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

So, is the final list Rauri, Godfish, Tardzilla, Yami, TheNabster, and myself?

• Locked thread