Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Halcyon City. The metropolis of tomorrow! The home of the Invincible League of Justice! The place where dreams are made and heroes can really make their mark. That's not where you are, though, not by a long shot.

You live in Summitview, a small mountain town a few hours away. You may have been to Halcyon before, but it seems like it couldn't be further from you and your life. You and a few of your friends have formed a heroic team of your own. There's not a lot of trouble around Summitview, but you've had a few chances to do some real good. To really make it, though, you'd need to prove yourself to the League somehow. If they sponsored you, brought you in to Halcyon, that would offer opportunities you couldn't even dream of.

That'd be great, right?

---

This aims to be a light-hearted, heroic game with dips into earnest, interpersonal teen drama. I hope to explore questions with the team like "How can where you are change who you are?" and "How do you want to define yourself?"

All official playbooks are legal, but I'd ask that you talk to me on synirc's #swampthings, PMs, or a similar medium before applying with a Doomed, Innocent, or Reformed. I feel like those are going to be a rougher fit for the intended theme, but if you have a killer pitch then I'm sure we can make it work out. Keep in mind that this is going to start off as a fairly small-scale and personal game, so please adjust your overall power level to fit.

Applications will be due October 16th, but that is subject to change based on interest. I am looking for at least one team of 4-6, but I may have two teams if I'm really inspired. I'm a sucker for images and character themes, so please add those to your application!

---

Questions to answer in addition to your playbook:
  1. Which hero inspired you to get into the business?
  2. What embarrassing incident happened during your first attempts at heroics?
  3. What has been your greatest success on the streets of Summitview?
  4. What aspect of Summitview would you miss most?
  5. (optional) What are you doing in the show's intro credits montage?
  6. (optional) A thread name for the IC thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Round One Questions

Thank you for the interest, everyone! I'll be writing questions for completed apps over the course of the next few days. Round One will be a number of questions to further flesh out your character and Round Two will be a short RP prompt to help me understand your character's voice and style.

Everyone
  • What, outside of heroics, have you thought about dedicating your life to?
  • How might moving to Halcyon City help you in accomplishing that dream?
Mystia, The Nova
  • Have you ever suspected that that Magica might not have your best interests at heart? If you haven't, what happened recently to bring a little doubt in your mind? If you have, how has she gone above and beyond to help you lately?
  • What sorts of weird magic phenomena happen when you get too positive?
  • You still have the book, right? Has it done anything weird since the whole magic-powers bit?
Manitou, The Transformed
  • What have you enjoyed most about being made mostly of plants?
  • They made that series of YouTube videos on 'The Summitville Wicker Man' a few weeks back and it's been getting a lot of hits. What super-power did it make people think you have? How has that misconception made your life a little tougher?
  • What weird project is Doctor Peace working on that might be able to reverse the transformation? Do you think you could go back to a normal life?
Recon, The Beacon
  • So you sound pretty dedicated! How have you managed to fit in school and a social life? Have you?
  • What do you think the Ithikya were doing out in the mountains?
  • What's the most interesting thing your sister brought home from R-Corp? How did you end up breaking it?
El Diablo, The Outsider
  • So it sounds like you've got some pretty beefy powers -- what do you think is holding you back from realizing your real potential here?
  • You get a lot of your information on humanity from TV and the internet, right? What's the biggest misunderstanding that lead to?
  • So who are you staying with? The wizard? Someone else? Run into any issues with money?
Alleycat, The Janus
  • So I heard your Mom is up for a big promotion! Congratulations! Do you think that she's going to need to move to the big city? What does she do? What do you think about all that?
  • I know you like to keep a low profile, but that doesn't always work out. What's the closest you've come to having your identity revealed on the job?
  • You've seen some Harmony Labs employees in town, right? What do you think they are up to?
Sinidex, The Transformed
  • What are some of Lisa's inventions that actually have ended up working?
  • It sounds like you rely a lot on your friends. What's been causing things to be a little off with them lately?
  • Do most people recognize you? Who reacted the worst to your transformation? What does your family think?
Saturnine, The Doomed
  • Wow, that all sounds pretty heavy. You've had a few days to get used to small town life, right? What has really helped you to understand humanity? Have you seen anything that has helped you understand why The Death Dealer wants to reset everything?
  • Has Dr. Sakamoto told you why he's out in the sticks like this? What other projects has he been working on?
  • What would you say to Myeu if you met her? Do you think you can face her, knowing how it's all going to end?
Callie Spring, The Star
  • Wow, Disney? That's really exciting! They did a similar show about some pre-teen hero group, right? What went wrong with that? Why do you think they want to try the reality angle again?
  • So you can emit pheromones? What's the weirdest trick you've done with that?
  • One of the kids you've been sitting has some powers of their own. Tell me a little bit about them. What really helped you connect with them?
All American Girl, The Beacon
  • Trick bullets, huh? That's awesome! Where do you get them from? What's your favorite?
  • Are you entirely self-taught or did you have help learning how to use a sword?
  • I hear that Mrs. Cooper isn't the only one who is a fan of your writing. Who did you impress that was completely unexpected? What were you writing about?

Tricky fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 7, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Yep! Please don't be creepy.

Round One Questions, Continued

Tundra, The Legacy
  • Tell me a little more about your contract. What kind of promises do you have to make to officially join the North-Wind Witches?
  • What happened last time Annalena and Holly came to visit? Why do you feel like you need to prove yourself more than ever?
  • Have you ever felt like the team was holding you back? More than anyone else, you've got a reputation to consider. Do you think that your legacy approves of them?
Black Knight, The Delinquent
  • How has your (short-lived) criminal past made things harder in Summitview?
  • Priscilla had a few enemies of her own. Which one was she most worried about? Any clues on his or her next move?
  • What do you think think it'll take for you to consider yourself a real hero? What about for the public?
Showstopper, The Delinquent
  • Who has been the biggest supporter of your music career? Any gigs lined up?
  • You're not afraid to let the little things get in the way of being a hero, I see. Who's noticed? What are they doing to make your life more difficult?
  • Do you think that people will think you've gone soft if you start working with the League? What do they think about you and the team?
Japes, The Protege
  • I understand you have some... hidden talents. How have they helped you live up to the example Punchline sets for you?
  • What's the one villain you seem to keep running in to? It seems like they have something going on just like Richter did. Why won't they open up to you?
  • What's your brother doing these days?
Sparrow, The Protege
  • What heist did Mockingbird pull off that people are still talking about?
  • So you took down Scythana? Impressive! Who else might be out for blood? Do you think you and the team can take them on?
  • Now, it sounds like the whole anime monologue angle hasn't always worked out so well. What's a time where it did?

Tricky fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 10, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Thank you for all the wonderful applications so far! In light of the amount of interest, I'm going to aim to wrap things up by October 12th so that we can hopefully get rolling by the weekend.

If you're still working on something to post, please indicate continued interest so I know to wait on your application!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Round One Questions, Continued (Part Two)

Bombshell, The Bull
  • It sounds like you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself in the field.Who do you lean on, outside of the team, to vent? How'd you meet up with them, anyways?
  • What surprising thing seems to cut right through your defenses? How'd you find out about it?
  • You weren't the only one from Summitview who went to camp. What happened to them?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Thank you everyone for the wonderful applications! Due to the sheer number of awesome characters submitted I've decided to take two teams of five. The teams are as follows:

Team One
Mystia, The Nova played by jimmydalad
All American Girl, The Beacon played by GodFish
Tundra, The Legacy played by Yami Fenrir
Alleycat, The Janus played by someone awful.
Showstopper, The Delinquent played by Capfalcon

Team Two
Sparrow, The Protege played by Tardzilla
Callie Spring, The Star played by KittyEmpress
Manitou, The Transformed played by TheNabster
El Diablo, The Outsider played by Green Bean
Bombshell, The Bull played by Rauri

---

So, with that said, this is now Team One's OOC Thread. For Team Two, your OOC thread is here.

Instead of the normal "When the team first came together..." questions, I'd like you to decide on how all you knew each other growing up. It's a small town, after all, you would have crossed paths and formed opinions on the other members of your team even if you weren't particularly close friends. Alleycat, does anyone on the team know your identity?

Please establish relationships and influence as normal and vote on a leader and a team name.

Team One Influence

Tricky fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 13, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Alright, it looks like The Fearsome Five are going with All American Girl as their leader.

Here is your IC Thread!

Tricky fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 17, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hey all! Things have been pretty well stalled for a bit now, so I'm just checking in on who all is still interested. I know that there are enough to shuffle into a full team, but I don't want to write anyone out if you're still interested in playing.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Yeah, I'm really sorry to hear that. It's really rough losing a pet.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Alright! Sorry about letting this slide for so long, but it's time for that team merge that I've been talking about for... well, at least a month. Haha. Here's what I'm thinking. Keep your potential from your scene, clear your conditions, and then we'll either shuffle backgrounds and influence or figure something else out if people would prefer that.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Yeah, that's looking like the line-up.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I think we can just go with the team leader/team name votes, but feel free to do the when we first came together stuff if you would like! Either way, I'll try to get the thread up around Friday.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Alright, looks like things have more or less settled on Sparrow leading the Justice Friends.

The thread will be up shortly, just working on a few last touches, but here's the basic gist of how we're handling what happened and where we're going: it happened like it did in the threads, glossing over anyone who dropped. This does put the Justice Friends in a little bit of an odd place, but hey! We'll roll with it.

The first set of prompts will address the two teams coming together after the Shadowy Government Organization interview about the events in Summitview. We're going to go a little free-form at first with a bit of investigation and information gathering before transitioning into a classic Masks fight-em-up, so feel free to invent people, places, and things you want to see become recurring characters.

I really appreciate everyone's patience and flexibility!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

The thread is up!

• Locked thread