Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orlbo9WkZ2E

:widowsnypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

hyperdevbox posted:

There are no plans for DLCs at the moment. The released game will be fully playable with no crappy IAP or whatnot. To quote our CEO - "games should be play to win, not pay to win".
But it is possible that in the future we will provide extra missions/quests. This entirely depends on the success of the game.

Your CEO is a smart man... with a vision for the future of gaming

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Now this guy...this guy gets it . . .

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
By the way, we are giving away a framed picture of one of Thermidor's characters, signed by the staff!

All you have to do is participate in our daily quizzes about the game's characters, and try to get the most correct answers!
Most of the quizzes are pretty easy, but some are for the more sharp eyed geeks out there ^^

You can find them here:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
HyperDevbox website

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

hyperdevbox posted:

There are no plans for DLCs at the moment. The released game will be fully playable with no crappy IAP or whatnot. To quote our CEO - "games should be play to win, not pay to win".

your ceo sounds like he's in it FOR THE GAME and to not ever make a profit for any company he ever works for.

seems reasonable.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

hyperdevbox posted:

By the way, we are giving away a framed picture of one of Thermidor's characters, signed by the staff!

All you have to do is participate in our daily quizzes about the game's characters, and try to get the most correct answers!
Most of the quizzes are pretty easy, but some are for the more sharp eyed geeks out there ^^

You can find them here:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
HyperDevbox website

does it come with the andriod bobbleheads or nah

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

tote up a bags posted:

Your CEO is a smart man... with a vision for the future of gaming

Are you being sarcastic? it's hard to tell...
Unfortunately, it looks like the future of gaming is moving more and more in the directions of IAPs and DLCs that if you don't buy and download, you can't finish the game. And this, of course, totally sucks.
But then again, the gaming community is pretty much divided in to two types of people - the addicts/passer timers, and the passionate gamers. Real games made by proper developers are made to be played by the latter.
Paying 10 or 20 dollars for a game, and properly enjoying it for countless hours is WAY more fun and satisfying, if you ask me.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

luv 2 date boys posted:

does it come with the andriod bobbleheads or nah

Sorry, no... ^^

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

"it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes YAH!" is gonna be stuck in my head for a few good hours now... thank you.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

luv 2 date boys posted:

your ceo sounds like he's in it FOR THE GAME and to not ever make a profit for any company he ever works for.

seems reasonable.

Again, the sarcasm is confusing me here...
HyperDevbox Japan has released several games under this "moto", and it has proven to be very successful.
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=hyperdevbox&hl=en

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

hyperdevbox posted:

"it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes YAH!" is gonna be stuck in my head for a few good hours now... thank you.

This is confirmation that guillotines will be in the game

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I look forward to this guillotine themed jrpg

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
can you date and then marry a guillotine, only to meet a horrible fate on your wedding night?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
mr ward, would you kindly post some of your other compositions? work on other sound tracks or otherwise, I'm sure we're all curious

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

hyperdevbox posted:

Those are not French soldiers! But rather the king's guards, which were actually Swiss.

Thermidor is not exactly a historical game. It takes place in France at the beginning of the French Revolution, and there will be some depictions of historical figures and landscapes, and perhaps some connections to historical events, but it will largely be fiction. Though there will be no "lobster men" or anything related to lobsters for that matter, but if you back this game generously, we might invite you to dinner with us, and lobster will definitely be an option (:

drat, out sperged

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

can you date and then marry a guillotine, only to meet a horrible fate on your wedding night?

guillotine on the streets, butterknife in the sheets

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Man Whore posted:

drat, out sperged

tell me about spherical cats.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Will there be even a single black person in this game OP?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
What the loving gently caress. I asked you to put me into the game as a God drat npc have some loving courtesy and answer me.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
Why is it called Thermidor if it's not set in the jacobin phase

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Zohar posted:

Yeah, isn't that like making Haiti: the Revolutioning and not letting you play as Toussaint murdering plantation owners with a machete?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

Yeah, isn't that like making Haiti: the Revolutioning and not letting you play as Toussaint murdering plantation owners with a machete?

That is a game I would buy with gusto and passion

Khorne
May 1, 2002
To be fair, this is kind of a novel idea and game. If you guys pull off the gameplay it will definitely have a niche following.

No one cares about grammar and spelling mistakes or a one pixel off A if the gameplay and story are entertaining.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I wasn't sure on this, but the character with the arm-mounted guillotine-launching gun sold me.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
this looks freaking cool dude.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

This makes me feel embarrassed to be French

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I will buy/fund this game if and only if two conditions are met:

1. Guillotines are used and featured in the game.

2. This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orlbo9WkZ2E is used as the theme song for the game and featured in gameplay.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Hey guys I think I found some leaked alpha testing footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q_ryBUMimA

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
Has anyone mentioned that Death Grips song in this thread yet

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

this is a stickup posted:

mr ward, would you kindly post some of your other compositions? work on other sound tracks or otherwise, I'm sure we're all curious

Sure!
I've written music for about 20 games or so, but the best ones have been for HyperDevbox!
ExZeus 2, Indy 500 Arcade Racing, and Matchiiz.

You can listen to some of my music on my website here.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Will there be even a single black person in this game OP?

Hopefully, yes.

Zohar posted:

The Jacobin club was found in 1789, which is when the revolution started, and where the game starts.
Thermidor is hopefully going to be a series, spanning through the French Revolution, so it's also relative to the continuation of the storyline.
Plus, its a cool name ^^

Khorne posted:

To be fair, this is kind of a novel idea and game. If you guys pull off the gameplay it will definitely have a niche following.

No one cares about grammar and spelling mistakes or a one pixel off A if the gameplay and story are entertaining.

Thank you very much!
AGREED.

yo mamma a Horus posted:

this looks freaking cool dude.

Thank you monsieur!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Can you add social links like Persona and if so, can you add Robespierre as a love interest, thx

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SunAndSpring posted:

Can you add social links like Persona and if so, can you add Robespierre as a love interest, thx

Thank you for your comment, though I am not exactly sure what you mean.
We are not using Persona at the moment, therefore not very familiar with it.
Could you please elaborate on your request?
Also, what do you mean by "add Robespierre as a love interest?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Will there be a detailed crafting system?

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Deki posted:

Will there be a detailed crafting system?

Thank you for your question.

There will be no crafting system as of now, but we will have an advanced weaponry system where each weapon needs a certain amount of skill (exp) for it to be used properly.
And also some other interesting features borrowed from other game styles, such as the ability to pick up weapons from the field, or pass/drop them.

We will describe this in much more detail as soon as the crowdfunding campaign launches.
So stay in touch! ^^

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I am excited to learn about your backer levels.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
This actually looks a lot better than I had expected from that announcement teaser. The character models look a bit wonky but otherwise it seems competently made. Not at all the RPG maker game I was expecting to see. So good job?

Your post on the uniforms made me curious, though. Is this a Japanese studio or are you a group of Frenchmen who decided to set up shop in Tokyo? Either way you are more knowledgeable on the subject of 1789 European uniforms than I am.

On a side note, I'm a bit upset that you mix the revolutionary name of a month with the year according to the Gregorian calendar.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
Please can you confirm that Thermidor will have a similar 'breeding' system to hyperdevbox's acclaimed android rpg "RPG Record of Agarest War"

I'm sure I'm speaking for a lot of your audience when I say I would not want to miss out on the chance to 'soul-breed' with revolutionaries of questionable age.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
i want the guillotines to be somehow integrated into the breeding otherwise I AM OUT

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
well maybe not entirely out depending on how questionable the ages are but you know what i mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

we get it, you guys are into underage anime poo poo.

• Locked thread