Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Will I be able to unlock Cherry Venus and Brooks Cracktackle as hidden characters, otherwise no sale

Fellis posted:

Frog was a deragatory word for french people right? Could you have one of the swiss guards say "Get out, frog!" in the game?

Also Halloween is on the 31st, i believe

It would also be cool if Frog made a cameo appearance, see if you can get with Square-Enix on that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

How do you make a game about the French Revolution and not have it be about the cool part with Robespierre.

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013
how about we just straight up tell the op that this kinda poo poo is frowned upon, specially if its to shill a loving game and talking about spreading the word on social networks (like seriously dude, could you be even more transparent about promoting your game?), and then move on with our dumb lives, one day closer to the grave

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Not 👏 until 👏 I 👏 can 👏 breed 👏 with 👏 a 👏 head 👏 separator 👏

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

LotsBread posted:

how about we just straight up tell the op that this kinda poo poo is frowned upon, specially if its to shill a loving game and talking about spreading the word on social networks (like seriously dude, could you be even more transparent about promoting your game?), and then move on with our dumb lives, one day closer to the grave

mods!?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

LotsBread posted:

If he hasn't gotten that by now, I really don't think he's going to

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
On second thought the whole idea is wrong this is better: the protagonist needs to be a young a guillotine. Jealous and awed by the skill and efficiency of the older guillotines our hero sets off on a magical journey of self discovery. Make it cute and Disney Like and you'll sell a million copies.

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 28, 2016

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

LotsBread posted:

Cmon man he's super dense and I want to get the full entertainment that his :10bux: will provide

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
couple of questions OP

can I recruit napoleon into my party

can i use the dog in combat?

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Not looking forwards to seeing Thermimi guillotined in the sequel, I can tell y'all that much.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I gotta say, hyperdevbox, there's a distinct lack of waifus in your game. There needs to be at least one tsundere girl, maybe 2, a girl who acts like Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion, and a cat girl. You don't have any of these! If I made this kind of mistake at my job, my boss would have my nuts for this failure! Get it together, man.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

raditts posted:

Will I be able to unlock Cherry Venus and Brooks Cracktackle as hidden characters, otherwise no sale

No but an inside source has hinted to me that Pound Falsch will be making an appearance...

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I've figured out that this game is FAKE. don't be fooled.

like, there is no 2000 year old witch with the body of a 12 year old? sorry Mr ward, but you've just slipped and outed yourself. At the very least, this game is NOT a JRPG, confirmed.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Please add a Louisette-chan

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

C'est quoi ce jeu de merde OP ?

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I mean it's a little confusing for me as a casual thread reader and contributor that the OP isn't getting, despite genuine efforts even if they are laced with sarcasm, is that we are legit giving him and his company ways they can sell a lot more copies. I mean there has to be a guillotine to purchasing customer ratio which will be far higher than the no-guillotine to purchasing customer ratio.

At least the main character is androgynous like we knew all young Frenchmen to be during that era. Because what I demand in my JRPGs is historical accuracy. I also noticed how the OP dodged my question about if there will be rectangular paper bags like we have in modern times to just get frustrated about guillotines again. Sheesh. These are important issues and we need to figure this out or else this game just won't get the legs it needs and regardless of our personal feelings I don't think any of us wants this game to fail.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Will there be a QTE event to save Thermimi from the guillotine???

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I pirated "acquired" (heh heh) the pre-alpha of this game and found out there are no H-scenes! WTF?

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Node posted:

I pirated "acquired" (heh heh) the pre-alpha of this game and found out there are no H-scenes! WTF?

If this is for real I am cancelling my pre-order. Hopefully justice and logic will reign though, just like in the real french revolution.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Node posted:

I have an inside source that says these will be in the day one patch.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Can you put the legendary french hero, André René Roussimoff, into the game?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I haven't been this excited about a goon project since Spombies (Space Zombies)!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Also, does Thermimi talk in a human voice and become a party member? If this is not the case, it's unforgivable and you will forever be a basic baka* bitch.

*TRANSLATOR'S NOTE: 'Baka' means 'idiot'.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LotsBread posted:

Actually, all the mods support him.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

Also, does Thermimi talk in a human voice and become a party member? If this is not the case, it's unforgivable and you will forever be a basic baka* bitch.

*TRANSLATOR'S NOTE: 'Baka' means 'idiot'.
Don't sign your translator's note.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Don't sign your translator's note.

I set myself up for that one, lol

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
This is amazing work. As a student of history I can say that I've played hundreds of games like this, and have shown little to no emotion. the games were just windows to a past I've never lived in people who I never knew or would ever know. But this game made me stop and evaluate. Putting kawaii bishies in made me actually look at what was is really happening. Putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel these emotions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank you.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I wrote a little generator that creates an anime guillotine from your username, and splits it into little 'genes' that can be 'bred' to create a baby guillotine with traits from both parents.

It turned out to be way less funny than I thought it'd be on the way to work this morning, but at least I got to have fun with Python. :shrug:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Jose Mengelez posted:

This is amazing work. As a student of history I can say that I've played hundreds of games like this, and have shown little to no emotion. the games were just windows to a past I've never lived in people who I never knew or would ever know. But this game made me stop and evaluate. Putting kawaii bishies in made me actually look at what was is really happening. Putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel these emotions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank you.

With the passion these screenshots are inspiring I look forward to the kickstarter/crowdfunding for this game even though my family lost its title during the French Revolution. :(

Anticheese posted:

I wrote a little generator that creates an anime guillotine from your username, and splits it into little 'genes' that can be 'bred' to create a baby guillotine with traits from both parents.

It turned out to be way less funny than I thought it'd be on the way to work this morning, but at least I got to have fun with Python. :shrug:

Hypothetically, how strong would the "moe" trait be with my user name?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Apparently you're ancient, actually a vampire, and have a mithril blade.

All in all, pretty darn anime.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Arrrthritis posted:

couple of questions OP

can I recruit napoleon into my party

can i use the dog in combat?

Napoleon was still a young soldier at the time the story takes place. Also it wouldn't be fair on the enemy, as he was probably the greatest military commander in history, and having him in your party means certain death to all who disobey him.

Regarding the dog, maybe to distract the enemy with his heart melting cuteness?

koolkal posted:

Please add a Louisette-chan

LOL
Good one!

Justin Credible posted:

I mean it's a little confusing for me as a casual thread reader and contributor that the OP isn't getting, despite genuine efforts even if they are laced with sarcasm, is that we are legit giving him and his company ways they can sell a lot more copies. I mean there has to be a guillotine to purchasing customer ratio which will be far higher than the no-guillotine to purchasing customer ratio.

At least the main character is androgynous like we knew all young Frenchmen to be during that era. Because what I demand in my JRPGs is historical accuracy. I also noticed how the OP dodged my question about if there will be rectangular paper bags like we have in modern times to just get frustrated about guillotines again. Sheesh. These are important issues and we need to figure this out or else this game just won't get the legs it needs and regardless of our personal feelings I don't think any of us wants this game to fail.

First of all, I apologize for not replying about the guillotines and the paper bags. But as I mentioned before, THERE WILL BE NO GUILLOTINES.
We don't want any beheading of any sort in the game, even if it means less sales.
Yes, we DO want this game to succeed and see the light of day, but we are making this game the way we feel it should be, and not necessarily what "the public" wants.
Though, that being said, part of the fun in crowdfunding a game, is that everyone is involved in the development process, and can suggest ideas or give comments and feedback, and that is a GREAT thing!

But please excuse us for ignoring all the silly suggestions, like romancing pets, having nanomachines, paper bags or no paper bags, or arm-mounted guillotine-launching guns. You definitely made me chuckle though...

Jose Mengelez posted:

(Hoping you're not being sarcastic...) thank you!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

hyperdevbox posted:

Yes, we DO want this game to succeed and see the light of day, but we are making this game the way we feel it should be, and not necessarily what "the public" wants.

now that is some solid business sense

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

You still haven't said if André René Roussimoff is gonna be in the game or not. He is important hero of French people, he needs to be in!

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorStrangelove posted:

You still haven't said if André René Roussimoff is gonna be in the game or not. He is important hero of French people, he needs to be in!

Sorry, André the Giant is not going to be in the game.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

hyperdevbox posted:

:fuckoff: :frogout:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
You're losing your Princess Bride fanbase with that one. Ouch.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

hyperdevbox posted:

This is really hosed up and I cannot support you are game any longer.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

hyperdevbox posted:

we are making this game the way we feel it should be, and not necessarily what "the public" wants.

truly, a game for connoisseurs

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

hyperdevbox posted:

We don't want any beheading of any sort in the game, even if it means less sales.

You claimed that this game would be set during the French Revolution. Why don't you just claim it's set during the secession of the Conch Republic instead? You obviously don't care about historical accuracy.

Have we been duped again, just like with Star Citizen? Is this game even real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

hyperdevbox posted:

But as I mentioned before, THERE WILL BE NO GUILLOTINES.
How about a punching move called the guillotine? Or like, an MMA style choke hold called the guillotine?

• Locked thread