Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Maybe the goon mind can help me where others have not even given me an answer.

I have made about 10 custom ringtones for my iPhone using the whole select start and end>Convert to AAC>rename extension to .m4r>re-import into tones.

Now all 10 ringtones will show up under Settings>sounds>ringtones and as alarm options but two of them are missing from all the other menus (text tone, new voicemail, etc).

I did nothing different in making them. the two tones are :39 and :40 but a different :40 does show up in all the menus so I'm confident it's not the length. One of them this is the second time I have made it because I actually tweaked the times on it so there wasn't a second of dead air before the music started.

I have tried turning the phone off and on again, re-syncing, removing from both the library and the phone and then re-syncing.

Anyone got any ideas why this might be happening? Phone is an iPhone SE using iOS 10.0.2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So I figured out what was wrong. Apparently only ringtones can be 40 sec (even if the phone doesn't ring that long). All other tones have to be less than 30 secs to be used.

That is really stupid.

• Locked thread