Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

That list is a perfect guide on what not to do in a television series

nah, it’s as uneven a list as the rest of the show, Glenn dumpster and Negan eps are dire, but there’s good ones mixed in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Bullshit this show has good episodes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Princeps32 posted:

nah, it’s as uneven a list as the rest of the show, Glenn dumpster and Negan eps are dire, but there’s good ones mixed in.
Gimple wrote ‘Clear’, which was good, and I think a few others of note before he became the show runner

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
oh yeah no idea if putting her as show runner will actually be good, probably not. the show currently is bad, the source material to draw from at this point is bad, i don’t think it’s salvageable by anyone. but yeah im just saying credit where credit’s due, four walls and a roof for example is up there with clear, and if you don’t like either of those two episodes then sticking with the rest of this show is insanity.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
It's been so bad lately that I see any change as a potential good. Fingers crossed.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They are already beginning to diverge more from the source material, which in the past is how we got the Trashkru

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Princeps32 posted:

oh yeah no idea if putting her as show runner will actually be good, probably not. the show currently is bad, the source material to draw from at this point is bad, i don’t think it’s salvageable by anyone. but yeah im just saying credit where credit’s due, four walls and a roof for example is up there with clear, and if you don’t like either of those two episodes then sticking with the rest of this show is insanity.

I don't remember four walls and a roof so :shrug:

the only thing I remember from Drrl/Berth episode is the bad lip reading made from it, because it was better than the episode itself

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

I don't remember four walls and a roof so :shrug:

the cannibals getting slaughtered in the church episode

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Princeps32 posted:

Ahhh okay I do remember that, I thought it was the same beth/Drrl ep

touche

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Princeps32 posted:

I liked that episode for Gabriel’s total sobbing meltdown about letting his whole congregation die when Rick’s group started accusing him of having something to do with some of their group disappearing.

I think it was also the start of Tyreese’s reaction to everything being ‘stare in horror and sweat profusely before slowly backing out of the room’

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CODChimera posted:

Bullshit this show has good episodes.

The show peaked with Carol vs Cannibals
The show was still good with Carol vs Wolves
The show sucked balls with Carol vs Regret
The show sucks with Carol God Mode Commando

Carol might be one of the only good things about the show. It can be gauged entirely in how Carol is doing.

The old Carol would have been out finding way to just loving kill all of them. In fact I'd bought her wanting to slam a dumptruck into the building more than Daryl in his infinite revenge quest for being made to eat dog food and listen to easy street for like 40 hours

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Carol should just join the ZNation crew. They're around DC right now, so it's simply a quick trip across the Potomac to pick her up.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Carol fighting actual wolves would've been better.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The last episode should just be the main cast opening a door and then there's a live studio audience

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
And they're all booing and throwing vegetables

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I think everything about this leaked photo - from the content in relation to the show and in relation to "you're gonna leak something and this is it?" - says everything you need to know about the current state of TWD.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol why the hell would they put the fire out at that point

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The gazebo is the show, Michonne is Kirkman and Rick is... the fanbase?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

The gazebo is the show, Michonne is Kirkman and Rick is... the fanbase?
If Rick is the fan base he should be running INTO the flames

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

BonoMan posted:

I think everything about this leaked photo - from the content in relation to the show and in relation to "you're gonna leak something and this is it?" - says everything you need to know about the current state of TWD.

"o-oh NO NOT THE *gasp* GAZEBO"

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

BonoMan posted:

Hahahahahah

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Putting out the gazebo will take a whole loving episode’ I’m sure.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

FlamingLiberal posted:

If Rick is the fan base he should be running INTO the flames

The fan base is Carl, because they killed it through ignorance of how to tell a good story.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
more like ga zoinks bo

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That dastardly Negan won't stop until we kill him!!

Rick and gang decide not to kill him

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I just found out what they did and post and holy poo poo

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BonoMan posted:

WalkingDeadSeason8.jpg

moist turtleneck posted:

That dastardly Negan won't stop until we kill him!!

Rick and gang decide not to kill him

"You can't just kill Negan! They're all Negan! Someone will just replace him!"

** Negan disappears for 2 hours, entire place falls to poo poo and almost has a worker's revolt**

ED: Sthe "I am Negan" stuff is hilariously what the gently caress and they won't drop it. It actually seems like Negan as a character should get pissed about people claiming to be Negan. I mean he seems like he wants to brandname himself pretty hard.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 30, 2018

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

LadyPictureShow posted:

Putting out the gazebo will take a whole loving episode’ I’m sure.

there will also be a flashback episode to show what the gazebo was like before the outbreak

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Dongattack posted:

there will also be a flashback episode to show what the gazebo was like before the outbreak

That will be in a series of one minute clips placed between commercials over the whole season.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

That gazebo was one day from retirement. :ohdear:

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

moist turtleneck posted:

This is actually a pretty huge leak because it's from Season 9.

The Season 8 finale was going to end with Negan deciding between setting eight different beloved furniture or recreational items on fire.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

moist turtleneck posted:

Is that their wedding reception?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

So that weird flash forward from episode 1 of the season was completely pointless I guess. I had forgotten about it at all, but Carl was in it.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

FlamingLiberal posted:

So that weird flash forward from episode 1 of the season was completely pointless I guess. I had forgotten about it at all, but Carl was in it.
Maybe it just means everyone in that flashforward will die and that was some sort of afterlife fantasy. You know, just kill off some of the most popular characters on the show, that's a ticket for success.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I still feel like it would have owned if Rick went in that sewer and they did the "Oh whatcha sayyy" gag where everyone Rick looks at shows him a bite on their body

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

JazzFlight posted:

Maybe it just means everyone in that flashforward will die and that was some sort of afterlife fantasy. You know, just kill off some of the most popular characters on the show, that's a ticket for success.

They are still on the island

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

Based on what Carl’s actor has said about leaving the show, I think they just changed their mind on him being alive and didn’t remember that they already flashed forward to where he was still around

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They'll just act like that was a fever dream and not the second half of the next season

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

They'll just act like that was a fever dream and not the second half of the next season

Something we fans wish we could do for everything past s01e01... :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
It's so baffling to me that they went with "uhh kill him lol FOR THE LULZ" when the option to swift to a adult actor in the time skip is RIGHT THERE. "its edgy u puss, you dont understand SHOW development :smug:"