Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know people keep going "HOLY poo poo THEY GOT A TANK HOLY gently caress THEY GOT A TANK" in wasteland things, and no exception here when they encounter a tank

But why isn't EVERY loving Wasteland army trying to get a tank? The military wasn't wiped out in armored combat I am sure there are hundreds of the loving things sitting around if you're willing to clear a military base for one, along with what, thousands of rifles?

Does nobody raid a Goddamn military base in this universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
At least a tank would make more sense because of biodiesel

They should all be in the cool humvees

(not the new hummers still on a dealership)

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress it, I know what this season should be about now.

Rick: " I have just the ticket for this rear end in a top hat but it'll be a trip to get it."
Others: "Where we going?"
Rick: "Atlanta."

Cut to a zoom out of the tank from the pilot.

Actually that'd be kind of loving awesome so they'll never do it.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Do you know how many jugs of canola oil it would take to get from Georgia to DC in a tank? SIMPLY INFEASIBLE.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There's all kinds of fast food restaurants along the way, especially when you get to the Waffle House-IHOP Line

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 11, 2016

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Sounds like Negan's gonna feel pretty stupid when he finds out... :smug:

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Stickarts posted:

Do you know how many jugs of canola oil it would take to get from Georgia to DC in a tank? SIMPLY INFEASIBLE.

It's TWD physics here, it could happen.

But like Blazing Ownager said, it's too cool to happen.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

You know people keep going "HOLY poo poo THEY GOT A TANK HOLY gently caress THEY GOT A TANK" in wasteland things, and no exception here when they encounter a tank

But why isn't EVERY loving Wasteland army trying to get a tank? The military wasn't wiped out in armored combat I am sure there are hundreds of the loving things sitting around if you're willing to clear a military base for one, along with what, thousands of rifles?

I think this is mentioned really early on? (People saying they tried to evac to them but they were over-run) Essentially any army base is going to be thousands of walkers in an enclosed area.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Khablam posted:

I think this is mentioned really early on? (People saying they tried to evac to them but they were over-run) Essentially any army base is going to be thousands of walkers in an enclosed area.

Seems like good risk/reward to me.

That said I did look up fuel mileage on an Abrams, and at 300 gallons every eight hours (holy poo poo), yeah. I can see why nobody has a tank. You win this one, Walking Dead. (That said a M1126 Stryker is just as good as a tank for these purposes and gets 300 miles on 53 gallons of fuel, so I still think they should raid a base.)

That said no matter how lovely or stupid the tactics get on Walking Dead they'll never be as bad as Fear the Walking Dead. They make decisions that make dangling Glenn in the well look good, and the finale was equally hilarious. The Cartel raid was one of the most inept things I've ever seen on TV, on both sides.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 11, 2016

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Blazing Ownager posted:

That said I did look up fuel mileage on an Abrams, and at 300 gallons every eight hours (holy poo poo), yeah. I can see why nobody has a tank. You win this one, Walking Dead. (That said a M1126 Stryker is just as good as a tank for these purposes and gets 300 miles on 53 gallons of fuel, so I still think they should raid a base.)

That said no matter how lovely or stupid the tactics get on Walking Dead they'll never be as bad as Fear the Walking Dead. They make decisions that make dangling Glenn in the well look good, and the finale was equally hilarious. The Cartel raid was one of the most inept things I've ever seen on TV, on both sides.

Joe Toye had a tank in season 4. Daryl managed to one-shot it with a grenade.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I'm almost done watching this show on netflix and am I supposed to like or sympathize with Carol at all? She's a paranoid maniac and for every retarded badass stunt the writers give her there's a multi-episode plot arc where she causes lethal drama for no loving reason, and given her backstory I think they're trying to portray her as "strong"? Like every paranoid murder plot she endeavors on just causes problems. Why hasn't anyone executed her for the greater good? Also she transforms into Knife Badass overnight and with no real explanation. S6E13 and I am dying for these antagonists to cap Carol. I hate every second she is speaking. And apparently she's seen as a popular character? Woah look how strong she is for threatening to kidnap the abused child and abandon him to zombies.

vintagepurple fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Oct 11, 2016

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Killing that stupid kid so Rick could have more sister wives would have been Cool and Good

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
So Negan's definitely chopping off Ricks right hand right? If you do one of those commas matter things it reads like.

Everyone's got a right hand, man. Unless, Oh did I just thunk yours?

Then he gets the idea to cut off ricks hand, voilla.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The show will switch it up. Rick will be all right.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Negan gives Rick the big picture and Rick pretends to be like okay cool sounds fun welp see ya later

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Marshmallow Blue posted:

So Negan's definitely chopping off Ricks right hand right? If you do one of those commas matter things it reads like.

Everyone's got a right hand, man. Unless, Oh did I just thunk yours?

Then he gets the idea to cut off ricks hand, voilla.

Kirkman's on record as saying that cutting off one of Rick's hands was pretty much the single stupidest thing he did in the comic because of how much if complicates doing pretty much anything with him. They're not going to hack his hand off in the TV show.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Zebulon posted:

Kirkman's on record as saying that cutting off one of Rick's hands was pretty much the single stupidest thing he did in the comic because of how much if complicates doing pretty much anything with him. They're not going to hack his hand off in the TV show.

Plus it makes it a bitch to film scenes unless you make his one arm super long.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

They need to go back and find Merle's elephant trunk appendage.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Zebulon posted:

But with the special effects they have their disposal I wouldn't be so quick to say this. Look how real merle was.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Merle didn't kill the governor because reasons

I guess the reason was to make Darryl sad

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

There is no way that that is the dumbest thing Kirkland has put in his comics.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Cactus posted:

There is no way that that is the dumbest thing Kirkland has put in his comics.

He made up for it with Lori in Season 2.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Blazing Ownager posted:

Gasoline apparently goes stale or something. Never mind how they still have gas and clean cars showing the logos.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

vintagepurple posted:

So I'm almost done watching this show on netflix and am I supposed to like or sympathize with Carol at all? She's a paranoid maniac and for every retarded badass stunt the writers give her there's a multi-episode plot arc where she causes lethal drama for no loving reason, and given her backstory I think they're trying to portray her as "strong"? Like every paranoid murder plot she endeavors on just causes problems. Why hasn't anyone executed her for the greater good? Also she transforms into Knife Badass overnight and with no real explanation. S6E13 and I am dying for these antagonists to cap Carol. I hate every second she is speaking. And apparently she's seen as a popular character? Woah look how strong she is for threatening to kidnap the abused child and abandon him to zombies.

Don't worry they completely nerf her into a simpering crazy person who doesn't want to kill anyone* for absolutely no reason out of absolutely nowhere

* She still kills them, kills them all

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zebulon posted:

Merle rocked it.

I still don't know how the gently caress Merle lost a fight with the Govenor. Everything they did with that character was dumb. He should have lost the fight, BADLY to Merle, then the Gov had his guys shoot Merle. Not the Gov taking Merle on in a fair fight like an 80s action movie and somehow beating the poo poo out of him?

Tenzarin posted:

Gasoline apparently goes stale or something. Never mind how they still have gas and clean cars showing the logos.

Oh yeah, I know. By now they should be having ALL KINDS of expiration problems but I was ignoring them since the show does. It's like Fallout, except Fallout kind of does it as a joke.

"We have to go raid a pharmacy. Get meds." Nobody says, "Those meds are expired in six months, it's been six years."

moist turtleneck posted:

Merle didn't kill the governor because reasons

I guess the reason was to make Darryl sad

I think the reason was Merle's actor made AMC's accountants sad. He got paid too much.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 12, 2016

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Tenzarin posted:

I wonder how much hay you could make now that FTWD has confirmed that the World Ended in 2010, finding 2011-2017 model cars put there for product placement. :allears:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

vintagepurple posted:

Carol was an interesting character for about half of a season, years ago and she has been downright terrible before and ever since. I was so confused by her breakdown last season (admittedly I watched really half assedly) I thought it was supposed to be her trying to pull some bait and switch, and it was I guess but the character doesn't seem to be aware of that?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No, it pretty much came out of the blue so you didn't miss anything

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I liked how back in the day Carol was like "Yeah I killed them and burned the bodies to limit the spread of the flu" and a bunch of people were like "OMG she's protecting flowers girl :D"

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

I liked how back in the day Carol was like "Yeah I killed them and burned the bodies to limit the spread of the flu" and a bunch of people were like "OMG she's protecting flowers girl :D"

That was the best Carol moment, when they put down the psycho child.

You know, I always ignored this show cuz it seemed bad, but actually in spite of all the dumb parts I loving love it and bingewatched it all in a few weeks. It bogs down but usually there's some cathartic payoff. I think my biggest real gripe is how for so a character driven show the makn group is pretty stagnant. Carol has been a serial killer since like the jail, Rick is all "CARL" and PTSD, and his only real development from like Lori dying to mid S6 is going back and forth on "stranger danger kill all outsiders" vs "retain our humanity". Daryl is a bit less stagnant and anyway just great enough that he's always fun to watch. Glenn and Maggie went from the great to one-note. The show basically only works by putting the tired main characters into new situations and with new, interesting characters, except they have to keep killing new people to keep the body count up. Also Glenn and Maggie suck in new situations because there's an inevitable "gotta find my wife/husband" arc. I wish they actually killed Carl and/or Glenn when the big zombie army attacked. Seems pretty crazy that hot wife and her dumb kids and politician mom were the only recognizeable casualties of the huge doomsday horde. Bob, Tyrese, Noah, even Beth at the end were all more fun to watch than the main group.

Although I think Rick and Maggie are back in my good graces by the end of S6.

I wish that cannibal commune was around for longer.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The cannibal commune was cool but everyone at the time was dreading a season long arc of that. That's what made it so amazing when they just blew it the gently caress up in the first episode

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Blazing Ownager posted:

That, and you can drive a tank about 20 feet before it needs maintenance.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Make zombies carry the extra tracks

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why don't people ride zombies?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah do the carrot and stick thing but with a rabbit or something

Raid an Amish community and steal a buggy

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

veni veni veni posted:

Why don't people ride zombies?
they might have to try eventually seeing as they always end up feeding their horses to the horde

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I would have liked to see more from Bob and Tyreese, but Beth needed to go even before that.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

veni veni veni posted:

Carol was an interesting character for about half of a season, years ago and she has been downright terrible before and ever since. I was so confused by her breakdown last season (admittedly I watched really half assedly) I thought it was supposed to be her trying to pull some bait and switch, and it was I guess but the character doesn't seem to be aware of that?

I really like what they tried to do with her since it was a nice break from the perpetual I'm strong-I'm actually wounded-This event broke me-I've recovered-goto step one cycle every character seems to have. At least with her it's a wolf in Sheeps clothing approach.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

xxEightxx posted:

I really like what they tried to do with her since it was a nice break from the perpetual I'm strong-I'm actually wounded-This event broke me-I've recovered-goto step one cycle every character seems to have. At least with her it's a wolf in Sheeps clothing approach.

I like Carol's character and thought they did a good job leading up to her breakdown with the list of names, her evil streak with the cookie kid and her wolf in sheeps clothing storyline in Alexandria. She's a victim of abuse who doesn't want to become the abuser and seems to have found herself becoming that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Luvcow posted:

I like Carol's character and thought they did a good job leading up to her breakdown with the list of names, her evil streak with the cookie kid and her wolf in sheeps clothing storyline in Alexandria. She's a victim of abuse who doesn't want to become the abuser and seems to have found herself becoming that.

I think that's a fair analysis. I still think it was awkwardly placed though, considering the two women she'd just off'd were shamelessly evil and were trying to kill not only her, but her pregnant friend. IDK it just bothered me when it happened. Like I remember thinking "oh wow this is a great bait-and-switch, good job Carol!" and then it just wasn't and I was like "Well then...."