Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

i'm half watching from season 1 again and T-Dog is so clumsy it's ridiculous

which ones were the good seasons? i can only remember...flashes. like the farm being boring, psycho shane, the very obvious cannibals, a prison, merle returning, really bad gun fights, carls strange death, the heads on pikes, oh and morgan returning as a monk. or that might've been Fear

Season 1, and maybe Season 2 if it had half the episodes.

Also, Gary Whitta was one of the zombies in the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Thief posted:

RIP T-DOG!!1

The gently caress is this stormtrooper lookin poo poo

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

man this show sucks without Rick

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Fame Douglas posted:

Season 1, and maybe Season 2 if it had half the episodes.
In truth it's this, but in true SA fashion it also includes this;

:smugdog:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

mcmagic posted:

God the commonwealth is boring.

The Commonwealth is just a recycled plot from the previous seasons: The gang find a new settlement, they initially think it's a good place, they play along, suddenly they discover that something is wrong, then in the final act there's a battle where the gang prevails.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Alhazred posted:

The Commonwealth is just a recycled plot from the previous seasons: The gang find a new settlement, they initially think it's a good place, they play along, suddenly they discover that something is wrong, then in the final act there's a battle where the gang prevails.

Yeah that was one of the few good parts about S7-8, where Rick was being controlled by Negan, it was something new. Of course it didn't last for long and they had to ruin it with the 10 episode long gun fight

Whisperers and Reapers were pretty boring but really what else can they do?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, all Negan scenes were extremely annoying and felt like stretching for time. Imagine I'm writing this while leaning backwards in a weird way, just like the actor.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Alhazred posted:

I think it's more interesting than that, or rather, it's a culmination of that aspect of the show. This is a chance for them to turn the clock back, effectively, and return to a pseudo-American now.

It's weird that a show so beloved by conservatives picked capitalism as its final nemesis, but there you go.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

a show so beloved by conservatives

Why?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

In their mind, zombies and libs are identical.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Are those stormtrooper suits intended to be made of anything but plastic? I mean I get they protect from zombies, but gently caress going against other armed groups with guns.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

JossiRossi posted:

In their mind, zombies and libs are identical.

Yeah, but the show is all about how people should come together and work for the common good and that exploiting people in a vulnerable situation is wrong.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Shitenshi posted:

Are those stormtrooper suits intended to be made of anything but plastic? I mean I get they protect from zombies, but gently caress going against other armed groups with guns.

Wait you mean the stormtrooper suit wasn't just used as a one-off joke?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Open Source Idiom posted:

I think it's more interesting than that, or rather, it's a culmination of that aspect of the show. This is a chance for them to turn the clock back, effectively, and return to a pseudo-American now.

It's weird that a show so beloved by conservatives picked capitalism as its final nemesis, but there you go.

Yeah, is kinda like that, I think

And its a plot from the comic book, irrc, stormtroopers and all

editr: also, the stormtrooper suits, besides being white, are pretty similar to anti-riot police gear being used around the world, it didint seen so absurd to me

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 14, 2022

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It's because they're in the South, they have guns, and zombie practice targets are popular

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I enjoy the Commonwealth storyline. I vastly prefer it over the same old zombie poo poo.

This show should have pivoted seasons ago to something like this. A story about the rebuilding of society where zombies have become a background thing, contained and controlled. And I like the empire-building that the Commonwealth is trying to do, it's interesting.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Should have been aliens parked a spaceship in orbit and that's what powers the zombies. Now that most of the population is wiped out they can land and take over easily

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Melissa McBride bailed on AMC's planned Daryl/Carol spinoff, now it's just going to be a Daryl spinoff https://tvline.com/2022/04/27/melissa-mcbride-leaving-walking-dead-spinoff-daryl-and-carol/

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

Melissa McBride bailed on AMC's planned Daryl/Carol spinoff, now it's just going to be a Daryl spinoff https://tvline.com/2022/04/27/melissa-mcbride-leaving-walking-dead-spinoff-daryl-and-carol/

I wonder if they'll just move her to another spin-off. Fear is always looking for more characters to ignore.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

J-Spot posted:

I wonder if they'll just move her to another spin-off. Fear is always looking for more characters to ignore.

That show is so bad it's surreal.

It's a cry for help. It's has to be.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
I gave up watching this a couple of episodes into series 7.

I've now caught up over the last few weeks and series 7 and 8 are borderline unwatchable, even while binging them. Why is everything so dark? Nothing makes sense. Who are the strange Stig of the Dump people? Is that bloody helicopter ever explained?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Gambrinus posted:

I gave up watching this a couple of episodes into series 7.

I've now caught up over the last few weeks and series 7 and 8 are borderline unwatchable, even while binging them. Why is everything so dark? Nothing makes sense. Who are the strange Stig of the Dump people? Is that bloody helicopter ever explained?

are 7 and 8 the negan seasons with the absolutely terrible nonstop shooting scenes? because yeah i ended up skimming so much of it. the whisperers stuff is pretty bad as well

anyway, been watching Fear The Walking Dead and its nowhere near as good as I remembered it being, even season 3. Killing off Travis and splitting up the characters was probably a mistake. I maintain that Chris' death was good though

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1550595172764876801

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sure why not. I always liked them both and Andrea got killed way early so let’s see them get a tragic or happy ending that somehow manages to ignore Rick’s daughter who is still on the main show.

Oh and it somehow tying with Beyond Walking Dead which is is a mess.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Fear the Walking Dead has turned into Fallout -lite which is neat I guess but the characters are all still insanely stupid it seems, that's my trip report from checking into the new season.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

So no longer making a bundle of movies?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Spiteski posted:

So no longer making a bundle of movies?

It got cancelled, yeah

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Chronojam posted:

Fear the Walking Dead has turned into Fallout -lite which is neat I guess but the characters are all still insanely stupid it seems, that's my trip report from checking into the new season.

interesting, what's season 6? season 5 is Western themed, i'm half watching and its vaguely interesting or funny at times

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I didn't actually see season 5 or 6 although I think I remember being vaguely interested in season 5. But it sounds like they killed off both interesting characters and interesting premises?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ok the first episode of season 6 is god drat hilarious. morgan has unlimited amounts of plot armour

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i'm 5 episodes into season 7 and it might be the best season of either show

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The first episode of Tales of Walking Dead is pretty cute!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
does it have jillian from workaholics because I will give it a chance if so

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

moist turtleneck posted:

does it have jillian from workaholics because I will give it a chance if so

No, I think she's in episode 2 which I haven't watched yet. 1 has Olivia Munn and Terry Crews.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
drat alright Terry would want me to watch Terry too I guess

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I know terry has a very wayne bradyesque non threatening guy aesthetic these days but i still find him likable.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah first ep was pretty good and I've been wanting them to do more of anthology thing for a while

I would not have left that gold mine at the end tho lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Episode 2 was kinda bad.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Episode 2 was kinda bad.

Shambling, evergreen thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

mcmagic posted:

Episode 2 was kinda bad.

One of the most sacred laws of cinema has been broken. Someone made a bad Groundhog day story