Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Why do they even care about making Morgan's timeline make sense between the two shows?

They clearly don't give a gently caress about anything else creatively... so just make Morgan be on the show and give zero explanations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

moist turtleneck posted:

lol if ftwd goes farther in the future than twd this next season

I'm sure that won't confuse anyone

What if they piss Morgan off and he kills all of them and the show?

But think of all the bottle episode flashbacks they could have!

Let’s place our bets that if there is a massive time jump, the group will still be Madison, Nick, Alycia, Strand and El Salvidad (who got over Strand shooting him in the face at some point). No additions, no losses. Just, maybe one of them has a gnarly scar on their face now.

Let’s just hope Walker was dumb enough to rejoin the group, just for the sake of Morgan getting him all confused.

‘There’s walkers over there by the river.’
‘No, Walker’s siphoning fuel.’
:confused:
:confused:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Morgan gets off of his steam powered hover bike and removes his predator helmet:

"Y'all got any of that goat cheese?"

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Gimple and Kirkman are maybe the least competent people in show business right now based on how they've handled everything. It's kind of astonishing.

Looking at their career is like that deer in the carnival. Literally unbelievable.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Morgan is going to have some serious plot armor

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Morgan needs to bring them to Alexandria and have them kill everyone there, then successfully cow Negan into submission.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Morgan needs to bring them to Alexandria and have them kill everyone there, then successfully cow Negan into submission.

Now hold on, Madison vs Negan could be a thing I get behind. :getin:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Astroman posted:

Now hold on, Madison vs Negan could be a thing I get behind. :getin:

It'd just turn into Madison sparing Negan's life and letting him do some horrible poo poo for the whole season, before finally offing him in the end.

Cripes, it'd be show Andrea with Governor all over again.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

CrazyLoon posted:

It'd just turn into Madison sparing Negan's life and letting him do some horrible poo poo for the whole season, before finally offing him in the end.

And still be like, 2nd or 3rd best season

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

CrazyLoon posted:

So pretty much exactly like the comic, but Madison instead of Rick?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

JossiRossi posted:

Gimple and Kirkman are maybe the least competent people in show business right now based on how they've handled everything. It's kind of astonishing.

Looking at their career is like that deer in the carnival. Literally unbelievable.

Other than the fact they actually have finished, released productions out, they really are between them the Crobblers of the tv industry.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Well I watched this past season in real time but it was just... so bad. I didn't bother to read the thread. However, because of a deeply engrained sense of self-loathing, I have read the thread and now tepidly await the second half.

Thank you for your service, Moist Turtleneck. God has abandoned us, but you are our light.

I barely remember Coral getting bit and just don't care. I hope he lives because I have grown to hate and disrespect myself much like this show hates and disrespects its
audience.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
the only scenes I clearly remember now are Shooting Glass, Negan talking with the priest, Jerry Axe Moment, and the miserable stupidity of the hilltop ambush, where they were inexplicably ambushed and then inexplicably let go like a bad gi joe episode, because I was actively angry at every player in that moment.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I just hope this show and thread get as funny as the Dexter ones did.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The gang rocking up and shooting out all the windows was something else but nothing, and I mean nothing, can compare to the cartoon car chase.

Although the tigers death tried its hardest to match it.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Awesome I just realized its almost time for more walking dead. I love the reactions in this thread. Pretty much the only reason I keep watching

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

CODChimera posted:

The gang rocking up and shooting out all the windows was something else but nothing, and I mean nothing, can compare to the cartoon car chase.

ok i admit credit where it’s due that was a very entertaining car chase and i forgot about it.

the tiger death was stupid and i don’t regret forgetting that

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Princeps32 posted:

the tiger death was stupid and i don’t regret forgetting that

Oh no, we're doomed, we can't get through here without all these zombies getting us!
Phew, the tiger is here to distract them so we can escape. Poor tiger, sacrificing herself.

*stands and watches as the tiger fights the zombies, is killed. Still stands. Calmly walks off*

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Taear posted:

Oh no, we're doomed, we can't get through here without all these zombies getting us!
Phew, the tiger is here to distract them so we can escape. Poor tiger, sacrificing herself.

*stands and watches as the tiger fights the zombies, is killed. Still stands. Calmly walks off*

You forgot

*Tiger throws zombies like rag dolls until it decides to give up and stand in the center just growling until it dies.*

I'm sorry but you could get 10 body builders and ask them to wrestle a Tiger and 10 body builders are gonna get hosed, let along a bunch of slagging half melted zombies.

I'm not saying "Oh the Tiger should have been a badass and took on the whole zombie army!" In the comic panels I saw it looked like HUNDREDS of the things, and it was fighting until the end. On the show, it frustrating because there is no loving tiger, anywhere, that would just chill like that when like two swipes of it's paw and it could have just walked on out. Then again, the humans all stand perfectly still and scream when they are bitten too, rather than you know, thrashing and punching.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 18, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CODChimera posted:

I've actually looked up a bunch of comic panels and I feel really, really bad for comic fans

PRO: They've taken whole scenes, concepts, and plot lines from the comics
CON: They've run them through a loving paper shredder and made them all dumb as gently caress

It's like movie plot holes created by deleted scenes. The breaking glass made sense in the comics, but there no reason for it here because of Daryl. So it happens "like the comics" but not for the reason and it is not explained so it is just like "What the flying gently caress?"

The same thing goes for even the dialogue. Believe it or not, the line "I hope you have your making GBS threads pants on," turns out it's from the comic. It's not Shakespeare, but as an off-handed 'oh gently caress' comment to Dwight rather than some weird taunt-threat-whatever it felt way more human.

It just goes on and on and on, they gently caress up every single good thing the comic has going, just close enough to be inferior and completely confused about why it's doing what it's doing.

ED: Every single thing about the Negan arc, on paper, is so much better in the comics. The whole thing takes a couple days. He doesn't do nearly as dumb a poo poo. His character has more depth. Like.. they just hosed everything up. There was also no "Rick is a pussy" phase - he was plotting right from the get go. There was potential to make a great season of TV out of it and holy gently caress did they blow it.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 18, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Wait, did this dumb show come back today? I’m waiting on what hilarity my main man Moist Turtleneck can do.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Next week

moist is sharpening up his gif knives right now, ready for the slaughter

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Guys, I don’t want to scare anyone, but, here’s the title and synopsis for episode ten:

“The Lost and the Plunderers." The official synopsis for The Lost and the Plunderers reads, "Groups unite their forces and converge on the Hilltop; Aaron and Enid search for allies."

...I’m still holding out hope it’s the Vatos from season one for some serious :psyduck:

I’m only making this wild speculation because I was watching S1 the other day, and the gang leader says to Rick: ‘The people we’ve encountered, since things fell apart? The worst kind. Plunderers.’

I mean they’ve done enough ridiculous S1 callbacks (Morales, anyone?) why not go full Gimple on this?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R_Y2E1Cp0M

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Cactus posted:

I just hope this show and thread get as funny as the Dexter ones did.

Everytime someone mentions that show I get irrationally angry

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

LadyPictureShow posted:

Guys, I don’t want to scare anyone, but, here’s the title and synopsis for episode ten:

“The Lost and the Plunderers." The official synopsis for The Lost and the Plunderers reads, "Groups unite their forces and converge on the Hilltop; Aaron and Enid search for allies."

...I’m still holding out hope it’s the Vatos from season one for some serious :psyduck:

I’m only making this wild speculation because I was watching S1 the other day, and the gang leader says to Rick: ‘The people we’ve encountered, since things fell apart? The worst kind. Plunderers.’

I mean they’ve done enough ridiculous S1 callbacks (Morales, anyone?) why not go full Gimple on this?
It’s Oceanside again. Which they already got off to a great start with when one of them killed grandma.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I’m sure it is, but just let me have my dream that this series goes full Gimple.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The vatos were more likeable and cool than any main character, bring em in

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
i miss season 4, i actually cared about those people and felt bad when bad things happened to them

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Fear the Walking Dead season 4 will 'experiment with time'

Also they are making good on Scott Gimple's promise of adding "larger than life" characters.

This is gonna be so bad guys

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Acacia REI posted:

Also they are making good on Scott Gimple's promise of adding "larger than life" characters.

quote:

And there will be characters who are a little bit larger than life, because as we get deeper in the apocalypse, very often the people who survive and do well in the apocalypse are people who have out-sized personalities or have really interesting ways of living.

What the gently caress is this idiot talking about?

RIP in peace FTWD for sure

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I am guessing he means he is going to try to do stuff like how the Trash People were inspired by The Kingdom, and there's going to be some copy-of-a-copy stuff going on where it gets even more and more ridiculous than even the most outlandish stuff we have seen on the show

"Left is a replica French playing card from the 1600s. Right is what the design evolved into after 200 years of bad copying by English cardmakers."

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Johnny Truant posted:

What the gently caress is this idiot talking about?

RIP in peace FTWD for sure

It’ll be me, though I’ve devolved to the point that I’m wearing the fuzzy pink fake-fur coat I thought wassuper-cool when I was 19, and I only speak in limericks.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

we cant stop here, that bitch madison is near

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

moist turtleneck posted:

"Hey can I get a lift?"

"Where to?"

"A better show."

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Just got Hulu and they have FTWD. I’ve heard the first two seasons suck-still worth going through to get to the third season or not?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The first couple episodes are worth it for FTWD if you remember how they were going to "show how it all happened" and seeing how they messed it all up

Season 2 is funny if you imagine the Curb theme playing every time they leave to find a new group of survivors to sabotage

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

moist turtleneck posted:

Season 2 is funny if you imagine the Curb theme playing every time they leave to find a new group of survivors to sabotage

Is there a complete list of every group they've hosed over and doomed?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

moist turtleneck posted:

How much do they pay you to gently caress that polar bear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Acacia REI posted:

Turns out FTWD is going to get the newest bestest character, Double Negan.