Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Deadite posted:

In a few years Eugene Porter’s Wasteland Wizard will be rated a perfect 10
this is what they should have done with the Walking Dead. Still have the spinoffs and but then focused the main series on Eugene. This is kind of what they did for the last season and it was sweet to see Eugene get a girlfriend and continue to find his courage.

Anyway I'm quite enjoying this show, way way more than the other spinoffs, which I dropped early. 1st episode I liked a lot. 2nd too. 3rd a bit less because it seemed like the plot was moving too fast. I'll probably try the other spinoffs again too, though i did give up on both of those around episode 3.

I did like episode 1 of Dead City, especially the stuff with that Christian fascist sherrif who was trying to kill Negan but after that episode it got boring. Seems like the problems I've had with the other spinoffs are when it has had a bunch of new characters I don't care about and a villain that doesn't have strong presence and contemptibility like Negan, the governor, or even the cannibal douche or Alpha. So far this show seems to have better new characters (RIP explosive little guy) and John Locke/Tom Tavner is going to play the main villain and he's a great actor so he should do a pretty good job.

It's nice to be enjoying and looking forward to more Walking Dead again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007

Extra row of tits posted:

I’m a prisoner of a giant well organised army, I am fed provided weapons and told I’ll be free to do whatever I want after a sentence of enforced work.

I could be wrong but after you complete your "consignment" you can live in the city and maybe enjoy a small degree of freedom there, but you are not allowed to leave if your a civilian. Also if I were in that situation I don't think I would be entirely trusting of the big scary military even if they did tell me I would be free.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
That last episode was so good it could have been Walking Dead.

But i think that points to why I've been able to stay interested in this show. It's a continuation of the story and tone we saw in Walking Dead, instead of feeling like a separate spin-off adventure.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I'm so mad this wasn't 2 seasons or at least 8-10 episodes. I honestly feel like this show had everything I like about Walking Dead. Interesting and well-acted villain, dystopia, and people finding comfort in one another while the world is crumbling around them but it felt so rushed to me! Episode 4, where people actually stayed in one place and talked stuff out, was my favorite episode of this by far.