Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Bates posted:

I just want some scenes where people are kicking back and shooting the poo poo. Like humans. Have them cook up some moonshine and have a BBQ or throw a ball around or make some weird zombie dismantling machine or just do something, anything that a human being might do to let off some steam. It would be neat if sometimes people could smile, laugh, crack a few jokes. I might even be able to sort of relate to these weird broken aliens.

THIS. TWD needs this. This year has been a real loving slog to watch. The constant misery heaped upon the characters. Let's have some moments of levity. I'm already over this Negan rubbish.
Also, if TWD could stop killing tertiary characters for shock value, it'd be great. I am still annoyed we spent time giving Dr Denise screentime & character development only to kill her off suddenly. Same with Spencer and Olivia. Seriously show, it's hard to give a poo poo about anyone (except the main cast - unless foretold in the comics!) when viewers know you're going to deliberately and gruesomely kill them.

Also, sticking dogmatically to the comics isn't great. I love this show when it takes some ideas from the comics and then gives its own take on it all. The SuperFlu/Terminus stuff is probably the strongest work the show has done IMO (Apart from inexplicable murder bus)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
The trash people are the worst part of this drawn-out Neegan drama. I'm sick of these saviours. Did it drag on this much in the comics? Why are they so intent on following them?

What's everyone's favourite arcs?

I'd go with the Prison Flu and Terminus arcs.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Having just binged the entirety of S3 of Fear the Walking Dead and wow. I'm surprised at how competent this show got. Still disappointed we didn't stay at the Hotel, but I'm down for this whole Native Americans/Libertarians storyline they've got going, especially since Madison is a straight up manipulative villain now. Not sad to see the dad go, especially after that loving awful son died.

I will miss the boat and the random mission of the week.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So what do you guys want to see that would redeem the show for you?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

moist turtleneck posted:

Season 2 is funny if you imagine the Curb theme playing every time they leave to find a new group of survivors to sabotage

Is there a complete list of every group they've hosed over and doomed?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
TWD has pulled 'pointless death' so many times now that it's lost all meaning.
The most memorable ones tied into a larger narrative, but it seems whoever is writing this dreck has given up ages ago but every now and then there's an aspiring intern.

Offing Carl just seems spiteful at this point to both actor and audience.

Eg - Shane, Hershel, Bob, Sophia.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Gabriel's POV looked like he was peering through an actual rear end in a top hat which is fitting for the character.

These constant loving montages are useless time fillers. Just write a drat scene.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
When Aaron and Jesus started their random fight, I kept expecting them to suddenly stop and begin making out.

Was I the only one thinking that?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
It's hard to care about TWD anymore. Negan and Gimple ruined this show.
Michonne has a cool hairstyle. Judith is awful.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Ok so Judith & Negan are still both just awful, but the show has been getting better since Rick died. Daryl is a terrible choice for a lead though.
Tonight's Michonne episode was pretty decent and those kids :magical:
The whisperer thing has been pretty okay so far too.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Christ S5 of FTWD looks bad. I still miss Madison and her obsession with her family.

I reckon this new spinoff will have some stupid textspeak name like WTDx10. It is Gimple and it's aimed at teens, isn't it?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
S1 is slow. S2/3 are great.
Then turn it off because Gimple reboots it.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
It was really hungry, ok. The zombie also suffers from glandular problems and low metabolism. It's not the Zombie's fault it can't lose weight.

Edit - The latest FTWD Episode came out early too.

Whelp, goodbye Alicia. I expect you're going to stay behind and let that airplane take off once you tell everyone you're full of radiation or something? I'm not sure, I may have skipped over that explanation quite a few episodes ago. I also skipped over anything to do with Dwight, because, gently caress Dwight. I still wish this show revolved around Madison doing anything to keep her kids safe.

Andrew_1985 fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 13, 2019

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I watched TWD Teens.

Christ it was frustrating because it again ruins any potential. Who knew teen characters could be annoying.

And of course, at the end they just destroy another community because ‘nothing lives while the dead do’ or some bullshit.

I have to admit I laughed at the reveal that the little girl ran towards the scared woman; therefore leading to her shooting the mum dead.

I could maybe skip through a handful of episodes, but they really should just let it go at this point. I don’t think they know who their target audience is.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Is Fear the Walking Dead still going?

There’s too much missed potential with this entire program and too many poor choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
They really should have kept Madison and her kids as the main protagonists.

The stepson though, I’m okay with him being gone.

Madison wasn’t a great mother, but she was cutthroat and that was compelling.

I kind of dropped off after the Radioactive Zone/Commonwealth seasons. Why bring in all these extra characters and then drop a bomb. The fallout stuff just didn’t seem plausible.