Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Has Fear of The Walking Dead improved after season 1? I'm tempted to binge S2 but I don't have much of a desire to do it.

I just wish the main main characters weren't so seemingly invincible on the verge of ridiculous. Like when Rick was out of gas and zombies bumrushed the trailer and the next episode he's fine and got out with almost no explanation other than 'it's Rick you fuckheads'.

That's why I loved the scene with Glenn. Killing off a main character on a run-of-the-mil away mission like that would have been pretty ballsy but nope the magic dumpster came to the rescue. I hate react videos but it was a pretty shocking moment at the time and the fallout in the s6 thread made it so much sweeter.

I have to say I'm pretty impressed that they kept the Negan kill under wraps. Even though they threatened the fanbase with lawsuits which I think is pretty hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

Strand is the only one who has legit talent imo. I saw him in a movie(Beautiful Something) way before FTWD and was very impressed. His talents are squandered on this show. :shrug:

+1 Strand was pretty awesome so I might give it a chance. Didn't mind Chris either I did like the parallels of drug zombie and literal zombie. The worse teenager on the show was Alicia.

Cactus posted:

That's the problem though Rick was always a DPS/Support hybrid, but since he lost his main tank Tyreese, he's been trying to take on the role and not doing good. Daryl tries to help sometimes but he's pure DPS so always ends up getting KO'd or losing his healer.

I know it's been like 5 seasons since he's been on the show, but I still miss Shane damnit. Rick was water and Shane was oil. He was Rick's perfect right hand man and saw the new world for what it was. Took no poo poo and paranoid as all gently caress he was amazing.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Vitamin P posted:

It's really weird to me seeing people disliking this season to the point of defending S2.

Yeah I would watch seasons 6-7 ten times over than have to endure season 2 on a weekly basis. Lets be real people the farm was TWDs darkest times. poo poo got so bad I abandoned the show and didn't come back until people swore the quality improved.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Luvcow posted:

Season 2 had Shane killing Otis, the barn zombies getting killed, Shane killing that kid who got impaled on a wrought iron fence, Rick killing Shane. I kinda liked season 2 though i remember at the time hoping they'd move around more or have a destination like season 1. I guess i never understood the utter hatred for it.

:shrug:

That's cool it's just for me personally the dip in quality from season 1 and budget cuts made it a bore for me. The tail end of 2 was pretty good and it had its moments, it's just that between that there was so much talking... And talking.. And more talking. They could have concluded the farm by about mid season and moved on but the behind the scenes drama took over the whole show.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Luvcow posted:

Oh I'm definitely the odd duck on season 2, it seems the general consensus is it sucked , especially after how good the pilot and the season 1 story arc were

I'm glad someone enjoyed it. Also it was last season of Shane so it had that going for it. Speaking of blasts from the past, anybody else think that Merle would have fitted right in with The Saviors? Didn't seem like a Wolves kind of guy nor the cannibal type. Seemed like the kind of guy that would enjoy taking other peoples poo poo and burning it to the ground.

Stickarts posted:

Which is to say, see you Sunday!!!

poo poo..If people were able to watch Dexter till it concluded I'm pretty sure the sunk cost fallacy applies to TWD no matter how nonsensical it gets. As long as it's entertaining but I'm wary this season is going to be a shitload of Rick feeling sorry for himself which is not what we want to see.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

IMB posted:

It's so funny. I keep watching this show and like for some reason I'm entertained but the whole time I'm like "this is trash" and "this moment is so dumb."

And then I come here and like 50% of the thread can't follow even basic clues. "WHAT IS RICK SMILING AT?"

I thought Rick was smiling because:

1. He just found more cannon fodder for his fight with The Saviors
2. He was right about Gabriel

I think most folk have caught on that the season premier, mid-end season episodes and season finale are pretty much all you need to give a drat about. Losing good, lovable characters didn't help either. The Saviors war will probably only start either at the end of this season and drag out till the end of S8. Honestly I should join the smart folk but it's still better than FTWD and I'm a sucker for this dumb drawn out show.

The way they are building up Carol you would think she can take on the Saviors solo and since this is a comic book adaption it seems like the logical step.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

I know a few people that have dropped off watching around S7 which I find weird since most people stuck around for the godawful farm arc. Apparently it's better binging through it but I'm not going to relive that bull.

The ratings are surprising to me since that they are promoting the poo poo out of in the UK with the ALL OUT WAR posters. Folks are just tuning out and it's definitely Negan

Thanks to the folks in this thread like Blazing Ownager that recommended watching S3 of Fear. Just got through all of it and drat.. I daresay it's S1 TWD quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

Good thing nobody in Negan's group realizes that when people die they come back as zombies. Otherwise this never would have happened!

Logic kind of fell out of the caravan this episode. Morgan didn't even bother to finish off the guys he was with - the dude next to him clearly wasn't shot in the head and he didn't turn. The other group not on Negan's side in the shootout also didn't turn. Absolutely ridiculous.