Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I only skim watch this now so i can't remember who Negan has as his options but if there is a character with them that came from the last settlement they were in, that's who will be dying.

This entire show and FTWD is about the people from the first couple of episodes of the first season going from settlement to settlement loving things up for the people who live there already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

One thing is for sure, we won't find out who dies until the very end of the episode.

They'll have some bullshit 40 minute flashback to how Negan became Negan and put the Saviors together before we get to the loving point and see whoever the newest character was that was there get murdered.

Then on to 3 or 4 episodes of dealing with the emotions caused by this, 3 or 4 episodes of wheel-spinning/living behind a wall/flashbacks, an episode of planning to fight back against the Saviors and a finale where Rick and the gang gently caress up yet another settlement. Either their own or one belonging to the Saviors, doesn't matter really.

Ratings will be higher than ever.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vitamin P posted:

Heath is one of my favourite characters but it had been ages. I assumed he was dead because of the weird unmentioned disappearance plus, you know, black guy on Walking Dead.

I had completely forgotten he even existed in the TV show version.

This entire episode was terrible. The plot didn't make sense (we shoot everyone on sight who shows up in our community........ hey random stranger, want to join our community?), the script was garbage, no one can aim a gun and i sincerely don't give a poo poo about Big Boobs Mc Backgroundcharacter or anything that happens to her. I had to look up why she was upset at the end because i forgot fat doctor woman and her were a thing.

Can we just have an entire season of Negan being a ridiculous cartoon villain instead of this poo poo?

EDIT: Also, of course someone from Ricks crew shows up somewhere and nearly immediately disrupts things for them and causes conflict. The entire show is about Rick and his merry band of assholes loving up everyone elses lives/communities.

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Nov 29, 2016

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MrBuddyLee posted:

Why can't we look away from this dull, hackneyed crap?

I was thinking about this recently after i gave up on a few shows and deleted some stuff i was planning on watching from my Netflix queue.

I came to the conclusion that there are only maybe 2 or 3 actual quality, well worth watching shows running at any given time and the rest of it is possibly decent 'ideas' for a a show that end up being poorly executed but still find viewers because they either have nothing better to do or hope the show will elevate itself up to the standard or the 2 or 3 actual good shows. I'm trying to wean myself off this thinking by dropping shows that just aren't "getting good".

The only current actual good shows that are on are Rectify and maybe Ash Vs. Evil Dead. I legit can't think of something else offhand that is currently running that is really worth watching.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

KinkyJohn posted:

Here's one example of why the writing on this show is loving terrible:

The two forgotten characters come across a pile of sand which has clearly been dumped by two trucks. Everybody watching the show immediately knows that the pile of sand is full of zombies. I mean why would anybody go to the trouble of dumping two trucks of sand on the same spot unless they are killing/torturing people or disabling zombies?

So the writers make the one character pull on a backpack like a doofus and unleash the horde of zombies, leading the audience to believe that the character is a loving moron and also destroying any sympathy anybody may have had for the character. So how do you solve that? Simply have the character express suspicion and concern, and a willingness to take a chance in exchange for the backpack. So it seems less like they are aimlessly wandering a harsh apocalyptic landscape pulling and prodding at every shiny thing they see with no situational awareness.

The only way the writers are able to advance the plot in both this and Fear The Walking Dead is by having someone do something dumb.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

LadyPictureShow posted:

I guess what I'm saying is, can't Rick's crew ever have an encounter with another survivor group that isn't evil, morally dubious, or outright useless?

The entire show is based around them going from place to place loving things up for other people.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I like that Negan keeps expressing the fact that he is in fact impressed with peoples feistiness.

Multiple times an episode with different people.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

That last scene with the gang just awkwardly silently smiling and nodding at each other was cheesy as gently caress.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Also, i feel like i should be writing an opinion piece for Huff Po about how TWD hates fat people and kills off any that appear on screen.

Fat lesbian got killed last season, fat sandwich man got killed this episode, fat quatermaster woman got shot in the face. T Dawg was kind of fat so he had to go too.

The creators are doing some serious body shaming.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

John F Bennett posted:

Did anyone else notice the zombie that politely closed the car door for Rick?

It was the most helpful herd ever.

They basically pushed Rick toward the car, pushed him in and closed the door for him.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

My theory is that Rick recognised someone from the past in the group who he knows will help him get rid of Negan. Someone quote this when i'm right!

Who disappeared a few seasons ago who could make a STUNNING COMEBACK?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The main characters in this show are such.......... bunglers.

Just constantly loving up from disaster to disaster and yet somehow surviving it all.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Barreft posted:

Christ why do you guys put yourselves through this? Just watch Z-Nation if you want to be entertained and not annoyed all the time.

I made it about 20 minutes into the first episode of Z Nation before i gave up on it.

It was poo poo and boring.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I tried guys, I really did.

Z Nation is just so loving bad that I can't even get through the first episode. I just started watching Forensic Files instead.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

melon cat posted:

Did anyone else :lol: at the fact that Tara never addressed Cyndie's "I want to go with you" request? It's like they edited out part of that conversation out and forgot to add it in during post-production

I know that the above image wasn't the exact sequences of events. But I don't care.

I usually don't defend this show but she literally said in that scene that their rule is that either they all go and help or none of them go and help.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

So the finale was Sasha owning herself for no reason and Michonne getting the poo poo kicked out of her?

Plus a bunch of redshirts died. Also, Rick seemed to forget he got shot.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

Hahahaha, that was the best. Shot and then kicked off a 12-foot platform.

He was ok afterwards though.

Sitting bedside to Michonne who got punched a couple of times with a bullet in his gut. Not a loving bother on him.

It's like 4 different people direct each episode and don't read each others notes at all.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

What a surprise, the first new episode has Madison and Da Crew arrive at yet another secure encampment and completely gently caress it up so that it is overrun within a couple of hours of them showing up.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

And the second episode ends with Madison plotting to take over the survivalist ranch that they just arrived at.

This show is possibly the most one note thing on television at the moment.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Astroman posted:

I think that was one of the best episodes of either show!

I also hope next week is Strand and Daniel buddy road trip in the Jag.

Honestly, this was a really good episode and was probably the best TV Walking Dead thing since the first episode of the original series.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Yet another settlement down for the Madi-crew within a week of their arrival!

They might even manage to gently caress up the Indians place as well.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

punk rebel ecks posted:

What's better the show or the comic?

The comics started out pretty good but then started meandering more than the TV show somehow and it has a fuckton of pointless characters with boring stories now. It basically names the background redshirts to pad out the cast.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I love how the Saviours were built up to be a dangerous as gently caress army but they were pretty much utterly hosed when Rick and Co. killed like 5 random sentries and just drove up to their front gate and blew it up.

The only reason they had to run away before annihilating them all was the invisible Saviours returning fire from *somewhere* and the zombie herd that they brought down on their compound for no reason whatsoever.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

This season is "The Walking Dead: War of the Redshirts". Seriously, nearly 40 minutes solid of gun battles and no one vaguely important even so much as gets winged.

Also, are we supposed to think the Saviors are just really incompetent as they get brutally slaughtered in the tens in every single engagement or is it that Rick has honed all his people into well equipped elite soldiers somehow.

This show was dumb before but now it's dumb and has given up all pretense of having a coherent story or any kind of logic to it.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

This has turned into low budget horseshit with people pointlessly running around the woods shooting each other with no rhyme or reason.

I can't even figure out where the people in Ricks crew are supposed to be in relation to each other and what their part in the "plan" is. They just sort of show up in different locations and kill a bunch of guys some place and then just go to another place and kill some of them but take the rest prisoner for some reason.

The Saviours are morons who just wander around in groups of fifty, clustered together in the open waiting to be mowed down by a few other idiots hiding in a bush/behind a box. It's just all so loving stupid.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

It's not even fun to hate watch any more because it is so blatantly dumb but is still completely po-faced about itself.

It's like meeting someone for the first time and they say something so ridiculously stupid that you burst out laughing but then you look over at them and there isn't even a hint of a smile on them.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

I mean aside from the fact that basically every season has some sort of "KILL HIM" vs "NO WE CAN'T KILL HIM", it makes zero cents to have this conversation re: the Saviours. You're literally at war with them, in the apocalypse, where resources are very limited, and these motherfuckers have shown time and again that they are the scum of TWD universe. They're all Negan. Every single one of them. They even say it like their a fuckin Pokemon, and yet we still have this tired, season 2 regurgitated "moral dilemma"

Also where the gently caress has Michonne been

"We can't just kill all these guys, we have to live with what's left of them once this is all over"

/is standing in front of piles of bodies consisting of the friends and families of the people they are talking about

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

This episode was real bad from what I saw from the 5 minutes I took to skip through it to get the general jist.

The highlight for me was when, during her epic save, Carol just sort of disinterestedly wiggles her gun around a bit to simulate recoil while bad CG flew out of the end of it.

By next season they'll just have the cast use sticks for guns and make them do gun noises with their mouths.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The explosion from the RPG was hilariously poor. Sub film-student-project stuff.

This show is some sort of tax scam or something.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

It was that bad that i don't know how someone, literally anyone, involved with the show didn't say "Seriously guys, there's no loving way we can leave that in. Just re-shoot with her using a regular gun."

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

So the Saviours managed to regroup, apparently hire a bunch more goons to replace the hundreds they lost and then kick the poo poo out of everyone despite spending the past few episodes either blindly stumbling into ambush after ambush or sitting in their lovely factory-house?

Also, the episode was pretty much the same as the rest of the the season except it was night-time. Lot's of running around places with shooting and pointless explosions but not much actually happening.

Carl dying to a bite means that rick and Co. don't need to kill off any named Saviour as revenge so they can keep them around for another few seasons. They'll probably lock up Negan like in the comics and Rick will bargain with the rest of them to help tackle the real problem: the zombies. This will lead the show into The Whisperers plotline which will be a carbon copy of this this but with less guns because the SFX for that costs money.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

That blonde kid that stabbed the only good savior is so obviously Corals replacement.

I can't wait to see him go through exactly the same character arc over the next few seasons.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The slightly-off-screen slaughter was laughable.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Also, in the post-apocalypse wooden hilltop society that just got attacked by a rival army nobody has thought to make regular patrol routes or post a firewatch at night.

HOLY poo poo!!! You are right! I didn't even think about it because I was like "oh I guess they'll cut his arm off to save him :rolleyes:" but Rick had just been braining zombies with that thing. And fresh ones, too! Like Megan used! Totally should zombify the amputee...

Edit: like that is literally the central plot point of the last 3 episodes and NO ONE on the loving writing or production team noticed that! :sun:

I'm convinced they are mocking us now and do poo poo like this to create buzz about the show on twitter or whatever because they know it is dying.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Garrett Dillahunt is too good for this dumb show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

You'd think at least one or two of Negans guys wouldn't have shot at exactly the same second as the rest of them and would have realised something was wrong with the bullets.

Nope, they all just perfectly simultaneously blew up their own faces.