Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
That was a good ep. People are kind of missing the point by judging it on who got batted, the point was to detail how Rick got switched back into bitch mode.

Also Trevor haz a pen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Rick rides the tiger into the sunset, gentle music accompanies.

Is Negan's dick stripey in the comics?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

So quick question: Why the flying gently caress is Sasha so gung-ho for staying at Hilltop other than "We can't just have Maggie there alone??" Same really goes for Enid.

Sasha wants to be near her boyfriends grave and her good widow mate Maggie. She also wants to hatch a plan to kill Negan without some bitch like Rick bitching it up. Enid needs a bit more on screen time so people care when she dies.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

magpie posted:

Does smiley mustache guy have a name? He's a fun guy, I would join the saviors to participate in art collection and appreciation.

Simon. He has a pen and is a gin man.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Why did Heath decide to put a dress on in the middle of fighting those zombies?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Parity warning posted:

Finding out Negan was a gas station attendant pre-apocalypse would be interesting even if they gave us nothing else at all because at least we could fill in the gaps wondering how he got to this point. They haven't done that with really any of the characters though, we know almost nothing about them and they just barely even have personalities.

I think part of the problem is the main content creator is a neckbeard whose only literary frame of reference seems to be schlock. Which would be fine if they really embraced stuff like the silliness of episode 2 and kung fu Jesus etc but it tries to be some heavy character drama and they just don't understand how to do it.

You're in luck, that neckbeard has actually made a Negan backstory minicomic called "Here's Negan" and his pre-apocalypse job is about the only thing it has divulged so far. It's spoiler free too.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Johnny Truant posted:

Jesus loving christ how many goons don't know the definition of rape?

Well most of them haven't even read the comics at all so the number is gonna be worryingly high.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Eyochigan posted:

In this, he explicitly offers to let Amber go back to Mark, and work "whatever job she had before". TV show is loving it up or making it look really bad for Negan, but that's what TV writers do.

edit: vv Yeah, that and the culture of the saviors leans more toward ratting/selling people out for points, and sucking up to Negan. Sorta like Nazi-era Germany.

This is almost word for word the same as the TV series.

e: I hope everyone gets raped in the next ep. Even Eugene and the horse.

Tortuga fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 10, 2016

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think episode rather definitively proved if had been, say, Tara AND Rosita, or hell let's crazy and say 3 or 4 other people in the crowd had handguns Negan and every one of his bodyguards would have been dead fifty times over

Yeah but it would have taken Eugene 3 or 4 episodes to make that many bullets

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

Fear the Walking Dead Chris Crash
http://tinyurl.com/zra8tdu
Linked to save the people that are concerned with some dumbass kid on a dumbass show

Ninja tent beats ninja horse for sure.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

My new favorite character is the weary old school teacher savior in charge of hustling The Kingdom. He's just so bored with the apocalypse he cant even be hosed to count watermelons.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

They were light on the tribute though, so his nonchalance could be taken as sign that the saviors are planning to attack them soon. Not that any such subtlety is necessary in this show since they followed it up with a brawl and him literally saying things are going to get visceral to Ezekial.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

coyo7e posted:

You do understand that animals actually have to breed and raise their young in order for the population to "boom", right? Basically it sounds like you believe that vultures just spring fully-formed from eggs like, a day or two after they're laid. I'm sorry but despite the huge initial glut of dead livestock and pets and people, it's going to rot very very fast and then there's no more food so the vultures won't start breeding like crazy next year. Rats on the other hand.. Pigeons? Locusts? There really should be a "zombie herd" of rats or locusts that just rolls through Alexandria sometime, because that's way more likely to happen when there's no pest extermination in large population hubs, no pesticides out in those abandoned farm fields, etc..

Also thinking that carrion-eaters will suddenly stop relying on carrion and "adapt to be less picky about whether or not a corpse is moving" is also stupid as gently caress. Both predators and scavengers put a lot of work into remaining as safe as possible because, when you're an animal, even a small injury comes at a very high cost not even thinking about infection etc.. If you're too injured to seek out food then you don't breed, you starve. Birds especially are not going to just stop avoiding moving animals which are larger than themselves.

You should probably read up on how population explosions affect and are affected by sudden feast/famine, removal of local predators., etc. It doesn't happen overnight, and it vacillates wildly between negative extremes for quite a long time before - hopefully things stabilize. Stuff like wolves aren't going to just show up overnight, but the deer that aren't being hunted or run over by cars or killed by wolves and other predators WILL end up over competing for their own local foodsources and end up having large die-offs due to starvation during winter, major influxes of both old and new diseases, parasite problems like you wouldn't believe leading to tons of mange (and a mangy animal doesn't survive when it gets cold), etc. The deer population in my state has been gross and sickly for ages because of the lack of natural predation or coherent population managment - you couldn't pay me to eat a deer after having seen a few up-close in the last decade.

Are you guys copy pasting these from the letters section in the comics?

Don't make me have to explain why Carl's age doesn't make sense in 3000 words up in here.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

VampiricGiraffe posted:

In fairness Ian Mcshane is definitively "the guy from Deadwood"

Hes the guy that takes it in the pooper in Sexy Beast

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

My favorite thing was the ethereal looking deer jumping in front of Rick at the last minute and saving him. When He was talking about how Glenn saved his life later in the car I'm pretty sure he was talking about that deer.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Fat Joey's death uncut

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

If Rick rapes Dwight here I'm not sure I can root for these guys anymore.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

BonoMan posted:

Oh hey did anybody mention that Maggie is the only girl that I've ever known to get skinnier the more along her pregnancy gets?

drat. My dumb Walking Dead watching brain just assumed they must have skipped over the birth and woefully misscast a blonde toddler as her baby, but no.. :aaaaa:

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

yeah I eat rear end posted:

To be fair it was much better than almost every episode this entire season. Being the least rotten pile of poo poo in the most recent giant pile is enough for some people to keep watching.

If the season had just been the first and last episodes with everything else condensed into one middle episode it would have been sweet. The best thing is that they've used all of the comic story arc now so the next season will be entirely plucked from from whatever crevice gave us the dump mullets.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I already watched Negan for 10 seasons on Friends so I wasn't impressed.

Tom Selleck was in about 10 episodes man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkPflecnTIw

Tortuga fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 26, 2017

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Practically two Tommen Jumps in one episode?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

I wasn't paying attention that well... Wedding mother jumped like that but who was the other?

Or does Maori dad count?

Well he was trying to, the daughter hosed up it's gif potential with her meddling a bit though.

Thanks for reminding me it was the Wedding mother. I was a bit confused as to why Strand was being forced at gun point to give some random crazy woman a sandwich.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

God drat, who would have thought the secret to making the show good was just doing it all in Spanish?

Kill all the loving gringos imo. I want to see the Daniel and Ephraim show!

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Sulman posted:

Outside of the murderous psychosis, which is, er, admittedly a big deal, he's actually been right about pretty much everything else.

He got his shoes stolen by Walker (why the gently caress did they call him that?) like a little bitch.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

I mean, it's a perfectly normal name to have, just kinda sucks that you gotta share a name with the flesh-eating hoard.

And I don't remember if anyone's called them walkers on this show. The only things I can remember are the Mexican groups calling them 'sombras' and Troy's group calling them 'wasteds'.

They've probably been called walkers and I just don't recall.

It is a perfectly bland, soccer-mom type name like what a Walking Dead character would be expected to have and I don't think anyone's called them walkers on FTWD, but it's still going to irrationally grate on me whenever I see him.

It' not like FTWD is too PC a show to have just given him a badass Native American name considering they've already got him demanding ancestral lands back and scalping folks.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

That steel underground bunker would have probably been a good place to hide in to begin with.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

I will be very disappointed if Alicia doesn't die a Chris-like death in the first five minutes of the next episode.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Ophelia isn't going yet, she's the daughter and emotional crutch of the only character with any emotional depth left, Crazy Dog is the T-Dog character who dies in a needlessly heroic way saving a main character and Walker will probably be the one that goes insane but comes back and saves everyone at some point.

Alicia is being marched off to go live on a farm imminently.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Looks like Strand is going full evil now. Should have known when he called shotgun and made the dying lady ride on the fender.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

I think that was the implication, though not sure why the Bazaar people wouldn't already know there's a massive loving drat nearby.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

How the gently caress is that dude running around after getting poo poo cut off of his spine

They were just showing consistency with that guy on the crashed plane. Spines are just superficial tissue in the ftwd world.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

https://i.imgur.com/avWgRY5.gifv

oh man i like my cut way better than their 5 minute long slo mo

Just noticed that Walker hacks Jake's hand off lol.

Also I'm gonna miss Troy, what a waste :(

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

Why was their plan to kill Negan but to not kill Negan directly? How many times does this approach have to backfire?

"No one has to die except him!" *Proceeds to kill two dozen grunts in cold blood and not kill him when he's just standing right there*

That said, I liked this episode and especially the making GBS threads pants line. gently caress you all.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

I think he took a selfie of him and Gabriel.

Then he abandoned Gabriel and when asked later if he wanted to carry on waiting for Gabriel he just smiled and said "Nah, this isn't about me". It got a bit confusing in that patch.

Maybe Gabriel is secretly a cagefighting badass and the plan was to get him locked in a container with Negan all along?

Tortuga fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 23, 2017

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

I'd imagine this show could only improve once it outpaces the source material.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Did Tara call her dead girlfriend Deneeth when Jesus was tying that guy up?

Is Denise always pronounced Deneeth?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

When is the episode of Negan and the priest talking in a container for 50 minutes gonna be then?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

Okay im in the intro still but two guys got shot and blood went through their head but the bullets didn't hit the glass doors behind them

Bow and arrow lady shot both of the bullets out of the sky with the same arrow she killed those other two guys with.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Dude, I heard that too. Wtf

Did anyone else hear this?

She definitely did say Deneeth, it was the only thing I was sure I understood in the whole episode.

Here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnlfVt45jf0&t=300s

Tortuga fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

It's like they only shot one take of every scene and never watched any of it back until it aired. It's a shame because there was easily enough story and stuff happening to make that into an entertaining and tense episode.