Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I bet Tiger Guy is gonna get killed quicker than Ethan Embry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Remember when The Simpsons told people they were going to kill off a major character and people wondered all summer who it would be and it ended up being Krusty the Clown's father?

Didn't that end up being Flanders' wife? Or did they do that more than once?

Acacia REI posted:

I probably wouldn't have even minded the cliffhanger if they'd mentioned that someone was going to die, and if the rest of the finale had more content to it. It was so dragged out with tedious filler. There was no reason to make that episode an hour-and-a-half except to max out the advertisement revenue.

Yeah the writing in that last episode left a lot to be desired. Trevor having monologues about "Hey Rick appreciate your family because maybe one of them will die tonight!" felt more like the show was speaking directly to the viewers. "Oooh we're gonna kill off a main character tonight people! Watch and find out who!"

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Trevor is on Westworld now too. Wonder if that means he doesn't last much longer in TWD.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

He's here if you want to talk you guys, he knows you're going through a difficult time watching this zombie show

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

They've been in unwinnable situations before, they take their lumps and then regroup and figure it out later. After everything they've been through so far and the number of people they've seen killed I can't see Rick actually being shook this time because one of them was Glenn. It might just be because the 'evil sociopath group' thing has been done to death but nothing about their current situation feels any different from the last bunch of times it's happened. They'll win in the end and the only surprises will be which main characters get offed in the meantime.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I hope Eugene starts to grow out a handlebar in remembrance of his big buddy Abe

Titan posted:

I can't wait to see how Rick manages to gently caress Negan up. Every time he's told someone that he's going to kill them he has kept his word.

I liked Abraham, his final words were pretty good too. Rick and crew still have most of their best fighters too, they lost Abraham who was a good fighter against both human and zombies. Glenn was a bad rear end in his own right but we really only saw him wreck zombies. They still have Rosita who's probably really really angry, Maggie, Michonne, Sasha, Morgan, and hopefully the walking one woman apocalypse known as Carol. Darryl too is bound to get some revenge.

And don't forget Jesus and Gabriel who as of last season has seem to gone full on warrior priest. Once Rick and Co. get their poo poo together, Negan is hosed.

You forgot Enid, rear end-kicking emo warrior

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The more reactions I read about this episode the more I understand why Chris Hardwick had to let everyone know that the actors are actually ok

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Negan leaving it up to a chance game of eeny-meeny-miney-moe created 11 different timelines, each continuing onwards with him having beaten a different cast member to death. Every episode this season will start with this same scene in the woods with the next 40 minutes or so exploring how the zombie apocalypse would be without that particular person. That thanksgiving scene was probably a preview from the "Aaron dies" episode, because there was applesauce on the table.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Steven Yeun in the make-up chair

Kinda more gross than it look in the show tbh

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Bigass Moth posted:

Or Rick could have killed negan with the axe when he otherwise just handed it back to him like a shook bitch.

Yeah maybe try to get him when he's busy driving the RV back to camp instead of when he's sitting there daring you to come at him.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Wouldn't be surprised if tonight ends up being a Carol & Morgan episode, and we don't even see Rick or Negan

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What is stopping Carl from shooting Negan here?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The best part of this whole episode was watching Negan's face change when he heard Carl's gunshot. For the first time since we've seen him you get a little peek behind the mask.

JDM is great and Negan's cockiness is a nice change from normal but man is it constant. His scenes so far are him over and over again going "Ha ha Rick! I'm in charge! There's nothing you can do! Ha ha! I'm so goddamn crazy!" It's fun but there's no depth, and I feel like it's gonna get old quick if they keep dragging out these nothing episodes.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

John F Bennett posted:

How is Z Nation?

It's Sharknado if you replace Sharknados with zombies. C-level special effects, everyone hamming up the performances, any sense of realism out the window in favor of absurdity. It can be fun if that's your thing, but other than the undead it's a completely different show.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

cjg posted:

Didn't they even have a literal Z-nado in one episode?

They did, but to be fair so did TWD

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I kinda like Tara. The sarcasm, the aloofness, flipping off a dour little kid... she's fun. I was sad to see weirdo sunglasses lesbian chilling out in the apocalypse get hit with crying and drama and depression as soon as she meets up with the rest of the cast. Back to staring sadly off into space like the others.

The non-linear storytelling makes zero sense here and I have no idea why they did it. It's been like 8 months since Tara's been on TV so the in media res they were going for didn't have me waiting to find out what happened but rather made me assume I just forgot.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Dalael posted:

Also.. doesn't that bridge/camp look very familiar? Didn't we see this camp in one of the earlier season.. like season 3 I think?

They might have reused a shooting location, but I doubt it's a camp we've seen before unless Tara & Heath drove all the way to Atlanta for supplies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Also just watched the finale and ugh, what a big fart.

You spend more than half the episode setting up Sasha's sacrifice which then accomplishes absolutely nothing. Rick & crew are back to being helpless with guns pointed at their heads almost immediately, the only difference is that they've moved to a separate part of the set. They couldn't decide if they wanted the Sasha rescue or the tiger rescue and decided to just do both. And then all of the named villains are able to escape, literally nothing was accomplished. 16 episodes later they are in the exact same spot they were at the end of Season 6 except Sasha and a bunch of nameless extras are dead.