Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Tim Whatley posted:

This video just showed up filmed on a lovely camera (possibly the actual spoiler, but probably not)

of Maggie getting her head bashed in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enqPF76qUOc

But according to the crew they filmed everybody getting killed, so who knows?

Brb just making GBS threads my pants....

WHAT THE gently caress AMC YOU DID THE BEST THING EVER? NEGAN DOUBLE KILL??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
And Rosita still doesn't get any lines

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I wonder how people are gonna react to Spencer getting his guts ripped out

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

moist turtleneck posted:

I don't even know who Spencer is

Exactly.
He's the pussy literally wearing a red shirt who says 'We should have made a deal!' in next week's preview. Boy does he get it good.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I really wouldn't write ole' Coral off just yet. We didn't see him after the trucks rolled out from Alexandria, did we? He could have easily jumped into the truck full of machineguns.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

my wife had a question goons: Where are they getting all their gasoline? Like, there were a lot of trucks there plus cars etc. At what point do they just run out of useable gasoline? It doesn't look like they're scavenging any of it.

Gasoline trees.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
She must really like running to make it all the way back to Alexandria after 2 weeks on the road in an car

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Bigass Moth posted:

Useless background character who was never important until that episode dies, which is somehow the final straw to bring back Rick's fighting spirit. Also Daryl breaks out and steals back his awful vest and motorcycle.

I'm gonna need you to take that vest comment back, and add a crossbow related amendment.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Have you read the comic issue number 112? There's a very good reason why Negan feels safe approaching people armed with guns even when his whole crew are only carrying melee weapons. Its one nuance that the show is not going to be able to play out, I think.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Johnny Truant posted:

Totally forgot about that! That'll probably be a spike in ratings, haha.

You mean its gonna get hated on for 'being too violent'
I really, reaaaally hope they do it justice because that's my favorite point in the comics period

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
So, realistically, how many of you would actually forget to count your bullets and have that moment where you look stupidly at your gun realizing that it is, indeed, out of ammo? Because six years into the apocalypse is a little bit long to learn how to count I think

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

This, but for an entire storyarc

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I want Negan to be a yoga instructor. But alas, he's gonna be self-employed as a marriage counselor or someshit

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Except how many people has Carl straight up shot? Shane, his Mom, Woodbury Kid, he was ready to shoot Rick and Hershel.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I just watched the episode last night and I gotta say the scene with Carl holding Lucille wasn't so unbelievable. Negan makes a point to look at his reaction every few seconds; he clearly was ready for Carl to make a move if he was going to.
That is until he started walking down the stairs. Carl had a perfect chance + height advantage.
I guess Lucille has a level/class requirement?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Parity warning posted:

I am sure it is just totally consensual making out and nothing more despite all we've seen and heard. Until I see P in V there's no convincing me. Why no I am not an absolute moron

You really shouldn't insult people like that because technically he's correct. Negan hasn't yet accomplished, on screen, what by TWD and AMC's standards qualifies as rape. I think they standard set is twofold
Season 1: Shane shoving his hand in Lori's pants/ underwear at the CDC; totally rape.
Season 3: The Gov. putting his hands on Maggie while she was naked; also rape.
Were either ones sex? No; but they were still non-consensual and thus 'rape'.
Until we see the actual act of Negan 'screwing [Olivia's] brains out' Something I would very much enjoy but know isn't going to happen we can safely convict him with murder; cohesion; slavery; but not rape.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Blazing Ownager posted:

I never understood why there were no ramifications for Shane doing that other than Lori being one of the most horrendously written characters on the show.
I guess I vener really hated Lori too much because of loving Andrea

Enderzero posted:

This isn't a loving court and we aren't jurors. Using simple principles of reason we can see that Negan is a rapist.

What is it with these rape apologists and not knowing the word coercion?

what the gently caress man. what the gently caress.
Yes; I can see why Negan would be accused of rape by the women, husbands, and silent 3rd party (viewers) but what it boils down to is this: he gave them a choice; an impossible choice, but one where the options are lovely and a what the women believe to be a lot shittier. What's so interesting about the dynamic we do see is that not all the women do in fact, take the choice to be his wife. Some become soldiers, some run, some just aren't 'super hot'. But the women who can't fight, aren't strong enough to fight, or are just generally still attractive after 6 years of probably not the most balanced of breakfasts, do in fact willingly subject themselves to whatever 'being Negan's wife' entails.
But until we see Negan's pale rear end bouncing and the woman under him screams for him to stop and he doesn't he's just not a rapist. He's just a very very influential man.
I don't however expect to see anything resembling that, ever, because AMC would never show anything like that.

As to the Olivia comment; her emotional breakdown to Negan's mere presence is just so delicious. I really really want them to push that to the absolute edge; and then for them to jump completely off the deep end and really cement Negan's rape side with her specially.
If their gonna make him a rapist then by god he needs to really rape someone suuuuper hard.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Parity warning posted:

Cool thanks for the creepy post guy whose posts have stood out to me as being awful in the past, please quote me more and reply equally terribly

Well sure since it seems to matter to you so much!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

So now we've got 3. How ignorant are you people? If I tell a girl at a party that she'll either gently caress me or i'll kill her best friend, just because a few call my bluff and say no doesn't mean the ones that say yes aren't being raped. What the gently caress is wrong with you people

Dude have you ever been to a party? That's literally all we do. Death threats and rape.

..Seriously guys; Negan is a good character and exists incredibly in that gray-area of good vs. evil that it makes strangers on the internet argue heatedly about it. Has Rick ever raped anyone? No; but has he killed women and children? Absolutely.
Negan doesn't do what most rapes begin and end with; poverty, physical abuse, depression. His wives are certainly in fear of him; but not for themselves, for their husbands and families. They know that as long as they continue to make the choices that they've made, they will live in safety and comfort. AMC could really keep this whole dynamic ambiguous or they could knock it out of the park i.e. screwing the (totally cute) heavy chick with glasses; or hell, do what I only wished they would after a certain line in S701 and that's Rape the gently caress out of fan-favorite crossbow boy
Its getting dark here and this freak comes out at night :pervert:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

That's not what Negan is offering though. He is saying you have a place to crash rent free, or you become his slave who will be killed if you try to run away. People have said in the show that working for points is worse than death. People in that system beg for death because it would be better. It's coercion, and therefore rape by any non-autist definition.

I'm gonna half-heartedly say that this right here is incorrect. You will be hunted down and killed if you a. Steal all the drugs and run or b. owe a lot; and then you will owe a lot more. If you for instance, ghosted the gently caress out on Negan in a car you had secretly stashed/ scavenged and left something of equal or greater value where the Saviors could find it (such as a nice chainsaw or functioning woodchipper) along with a note that said you would never be returning to the compound again I'm sure they would leave you be so long as you were 'square' .

crazy cloud posted:

Kill yourself in real life lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viaTT859Yk0

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Dalael posted:

The more I read your posts, the more I think that the only thing stopping you from raping someone is the fact that there's fear of punishment.

Oh absolutely, when the dead start to walk hide your rear end in a top hat goon
This has been very entertaining folks

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

What makes you think that at all? When has someone left the Saviors free and clear in the show? Why would there even be a point system with negative consequences if you don't earn enough points if you weren't his property? If you left a woodchipper for Negan and he could find you again, you'd be dragged back so you could find him 2 woodchippers. There is no evidence in the show that you can buy out of Negan's system, he'll milk you until you are dry and then kill you.

Haha; did you even watch the Tara episode

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Unfortunately yes. And you are conveniently ignoring the "if he can find you again" part of my post. The moment Negan finds the lesbo beach hotel, he would at the very least kill them all. Rick will probably execute his masterful comic book revenge on Negan before then, but in the real world he would find them eventually. I mean they weren't exactly hiding with the bells and whatnot.

Agreed, the Saviors might be looking for them, but I think they'd given up for a variety of reasons a. they've been getting rekt lately and just don't have the manpower and b. those 'lesbos' must fight like absolute wildcats, probably taking out as many Saviors as Rick's group has or more.
Also; I've never watched FTWD; but I know that there was a boat involved, at some point? There has been plenty of boat imagery lately and the 'beach hotel' really looks like a very semi-permanent setup. They even had at least one woman who was an expert on boats. Think there's any chance of a drastic departure from source material and this becomes a thing?
Which reminds me: if you're a military enthusiast you should totally check this book out!
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16130366-under-a-graveyard-sky
Its quite visceral.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Enderzero posted:

Fair enough. I'm not putting you on the level of that sjs creep, or the weirdo who kicked this whole thing off. Those guys seem like legitimate bad seeds.

There's a book that I just linked and in it there's a pretty good example of exactly what we've been discussing; is 'sex in an extreme situation' where the woman may or may not be under duress considered 'rape'?
There's a young man and woman (teens) trapped on a boat for months with little food and water while a zombie apocalypse is happening. The young girl's SO zombifies and the only other person on the boat saves her. They naturally begin to have feelings for one another because of the horrible situation. They never have sex; but he does his business while she's present and by the time they are picked up she's literally pregnant because his semen had mixed into the saltwater that they were both in and impregnated her.
Was it rape? (This book was available in my highschool library; creepy as gently caress but still amazing)
Also I guess if by a 'bad seed' you mean wanting the show to be the edgy, controversial show about morality and the lack of it during an apoc then I guess that's me :)
Enjoy your show about kids rollerskating and people learning how to fight akido vs guns!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Enderzero posted:

There's nothing wrong with controversy or raising these issues in a show. It's the glee with which you post about rape being shown on screen that I object to, you incredible shitpile.

Also I don't give a gently caress about your insanely contrived situation.

Ah yes; because in a show about murdering people in their sleep; people starving to death; people killing and eating other people rape is just where we draw the line isn't it. Everyone watches the show for a bit of escape from reality; I just happen to like the part where you can totally gently caress with someone or multiple someones without killing them because it is just sooo much worse. The emotions people go through are just delicious because they thought that the worst thing that could happen is dying in a horribly painful fashion. Which is still technically true; these women that Negan has 'married' are still so afraid of death that they are willingly subjecting themselves to something that in any other scenario (such as mundane life) would be considered rape.
I guess it really is rape; but not of the sexual nature. Negan has quite effectively raped these people's minds, making them believe that there is no other alternative save getting eaten or beaten to death.

TL;DR

Negan is a rapist; but not a sexual one.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
lol just lol
Seriously I doubt I'm the worst you've 'encountered' (if these silly and extremely sterile and not to mention safe conversations count as 'encounters') I just happen to be the most vocal about my opinion on what a real apocalyptic society should focus on. That focus should be the primal instinct to gently caress
Here's a few spoilerific panels that are relevant:

I guess you could say I'm 'salivating' because its pure primal instinct
Someone said earlier that I'm not outside raping and stuff because I'm afraid of the consequences. In a certain sense I guess that's true; human nature is only ever cancelled out by our ability to see the logical consequences of our actions. In the Walking Dead, the situation is that the consequences are all but removed. Negan however represents that return to society; that if you 'rape' you will be breaking down the flow of order or whatever. You have to more or less 'earn' the sex that you're getting, by being the king of the castle so to speak.
So. I want him to rape the poo poo out of Olivia because it would be the ultimate expression of him 'overstepping' his own set boundaries (wives, etc) because he simply doesn't give a gently caress about the consequences.
Isn't that just about what every man who responds to those primal urges wants?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Holy poo poo i just skipped a load of pages and you guys are still having the most boring circular argument about rape I've ever seen.

Oh I'd be the first to agree. Did you want to sit here and waste time with us or nah lol
Negan isn't a rapist guys! He's just an opportunist/businessman Kinda like our President-Elect!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Clearly Fat Joey and all the underlings are eunuchs.
Negan probably put a hot iron on their balls

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Dongattack posted:

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

Same

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
When we see the sterile, white and totally clean laboratory will I poo poo my pants with fear

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
This show's greatest lesson is when the dead rise to never ever learn anyone else's name.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Just watched the episode..Why was fat joey surrendering to Daryl? He had a gun. Was Daryl exuding plot armour in a radius so intense Joey was pants making GBS threads in response? That scene made very little sense.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Stop with all the logic and water your tire tomato

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Retardog posted:

Sonequa Martin-Green got cast as the lead for the new Star Trek show, so Sasha might not be around much longer

loving GOOD
Zombies can't 'hold' weapons, nor do they have the intelligence to pick poo poo up. They were clearly trying to defend themselves with a brick/etc. and died with it still clutched in their hands; rigormortis kept it there. Literally a 1/1000 chance which is why we don't see it more.
Also; have you ever felt the body of the average over-weight American civilian? Just lol if you can't rip them limb from limb in a crazy blood-rage.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/516397
(Just watch it. I guarantee its better than anything you've ever seen on TWD)

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Blazing Ownager posted:

Tell that to the zombies that picked up big rocks to bash the department store door down in episode 2.
That's more or less what I was referring to with the whole rigormortis shtick. But I guess the answer really is poo poo writing.

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh gently caress yeah. The only things I'm looking forward to out of cherry-picking what eps I watch in this show are how Negan just fucks some people up. Hopefully in the future we'll see Heath's head on a pike and the idiot leader of the Hilltop get thrown into the zombie wall.

While that particular sequence is great in the comic book if you read a little bit further he actually survives the fall somehow.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I gotta say my favorite part of this show is the extremely outlandish walker kills, such as the flare-zombie kill Rick made in season 5 I think it was.
You just don't see cool stuff like that anymore and its sad : (

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Thanks for the new avatar guys!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I interpreted her to be incredibly happy to see Coral. She thought for sure he was gonna die. Hers is the most believable performance to be sure

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Was bow boy a part of that whole nod-off or was he taking a piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

LadyPictureShow posted:

I know I'm a few pages late for skull-stabbin' chat, but has anyone ever failed on a headstab in this show? The only example I can remember is an episode of Fear. Our favorite goon tried to stab the undead (recently reanimated) principal and the blade glanced off and they had to resort to repeatedly clubbing him with a fire extinguisher to put him down. Some other bit of WD media had someone explaining it had to be eye socket, temple, or brainstem, otherwise the blade would skip off.

Meanwhile, in this show you have people able to gently push a knife into the skull of a freshly deceased person, easy-peasy. When Bob was put down, Tyreese didn't even have to give it a wind-up to get through the skull.

I know it's a magic zombie fantasy show, but there could be some tension/danger if every stab wasn't an auto OHK to zombie skull.

That time after the prison fell Rick utterly failed to ax a zombie in the head and Coraal saved him by shooting it.
As to the tension part; I always enjoyed the 'glitch' zombies in COD BLOPS that, even without heads, could continue to walk and attack you for a few moments. They always creeped me out and certainly killed me a bunch of times. They died with one knife to the body, though, of course.

...what am I on everyone's ignore list

Sjs00 fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 24, 2016