Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Betting that they start with a flashback and don't let us know who died until the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The Human Crouton posted:

Betting that they start with a flashback and don't let us know who died until the end.

Ok. So I'm half right.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Hobo Clown posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if tonight ends up being a Carol & Morgan episode, and we don't even see Rick or Negan

Flashbacks of Glenn and Abe happy memories interspersed with a real-time non-threat zombie situation made into an actual threat because of idiot decisions or bullshit moral considerations.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

JossiRossi posted:

It could literally be any one of the 196,943 accounts.

Eugene probably has a couple parachute accounts too.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

How many times has someone had the urge to go off into the woods and do some random poo poo with a random walker in this show?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I think that Negan doesn't want to die, but worries more about what happens to him if he lives like the people he oppresees.

So he acts the way he does because the alternative is being the people under him. If he dies then it is better than being run under a copy Negan.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh poo poo we're getting Planet Earth 2?

I wonder why it's not on Discovery channel this time around. Maybe because the show isn't about putting sick-rear end exhaust pipes on an iguana.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I would have rolled my windows up for that.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Super Aggro Crag posted:

What was with Rick's smile at the end there?

"We got ourselves an army."

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

euphronius posted:

They were chauffeurs when alive

I do miss the season one aspect where the walkers would retain some of the old habits from when they were alive. Nice to see it back.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'm just catching up now, and I have two very important points:

1. Many good shows have a weird/fun episode. This is not a good show so I'm not sure if they did this on purpose or not, but this was fun.

2. Vintage THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS! They used it poorly and briefly, but they used it!

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Did Judith just grow 6 months in 5 weeks?

The Berzerker posted:

god I hate this loving junkyard group who act like they forgot how sentences are formed

Yeah. At least Ezekiel admitted that he knew he was playing a comic book character.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Boris Galerkin posted:

So I just gave in and watched a few episodes of z nation since you guys talk about it so much.

It's kind of getting off to a bad start with how stupid people are acting 3 episodes in.

They're just ahead of the curve. TWD didn't have people acting consistently stupid until a couple of episodes into season 2.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I wasn't watching close enough to notice the deer, now that I have it's laughable. Was the deer even important in any way? Did they have to cut and paste a deer in?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Ehud posted:

He used the deer to distract the zombies. They ate it while he got away.

But he was already away! The zombies were only coming from one direction.

Oh, I forgot. TWD. lol

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Morgan screaming suicide shopping cart grave is even worse than the rest of this show.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Remy Marathe posted:

Some stuff went down here but I'm still struggling with the idea of a dozen men spending an entire afternoon arming themselves, burning gas and braving the zombie wilds to meet up and exchange 12 cantaloupes.

You think that's lean times? Next week's scheduled tribute to the saviors is 11 honeydews.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Zzulu posted:

How are people managing to stay america level obese during the apocalypse when you have to constantly keep moving and ration your food

Some vassals are lucky enough to have their suzerain demand a tribute of cantaloupes that you didn't want to eat anyway.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I've found the show more enjoyable if I assume that TWD doesn't take place as an alternate future to our world, but a world very similar to ours where the people were %100 dumber than us even before the zombie apocalypse.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Cantaloupe: 186 calories

Expended energy to obtain cantaloupe: 120,000 combined calories

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Astroman posted:

The more this poo poo slowly builds up leads me to believe that the season will not with Negan getting defeated, but with Rick bringing together all the different forces, setting out to attack The Saviors, and right when the battle is about to start--CUT! TUNE IN NEXT SEASON TO SEE THE BIG BATTLE!

And the big battle will happen on the last episode of that season. Every episode preceding the last episode will consist of people in Rick's siege camp philosophizing about violence.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I bet someone edits TWD down to a pretty cool 2.5 hour movie once it's over. It would be much easier than most of those kinds of projects considering that you can outright skip 3 out of 4 episodes.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

So Plan A was killing Negan. Backup plan is to rescue Eugene thus taking away your man inside while also alerting Negan to Plan A.

The only way this show can be saved is by everybody dying from an environmental cataclysm with only Eugene and Negan escaping into a one season road trip together. At the end of that season both Eugene and Negan die. Then the show runners die.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 20, 2017

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Varg posted:

I can't wait till the whole Negan/Saviors story is over so I can stop watching this show

You know they are going to drag this out for two more years.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Orange Red Bull posted:

2 more episodes until something happens :toot:

Better Call Saul starts?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Fionordequester posted:

That...might actually happen! Remember, one of Eugene's scenes involved him showing Negan's wives how to produce a small scale bomb. I thought nothing of it, but now that I think of it...what if that's foreshadowing?

TWD never intelligently foreshadows. They just do what they want then they go back and make a 1.5 hour flashback episode.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

cosmically_cosmic posted:

That is... Wow... That's bad.

I bet the show can be worse. I have faith.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I skipped last week. It even going to try to watch it. I guess I'll watch this.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Ehud posted:

I hope when next season there are at least seven episodes devoted to a character struggling with wanting to be a pacifist.

You're in luck.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

Seriously I think AMC has come up with the cash saving idea of outsourcing the editing and special effects to Pakistan.

There are literally youtube effect channels that school WD now.

This show did kill a guy during the shooting of this season. So it looks like they have been cutting costs everywhere.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Acinonyx posted:

Who am I kidding, they will find a way to make it dumber.

They sure will. I keep coming up with dumb scenarios in my head, but they aren't worth sharing because I am confident that they will do worse.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The trash people are the stupidest loving thing. They're a stupid idea and everything they do is stupid.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I tried watching the finale a few minutes ago, and I quit about 15 minutes in. Walking flashbacks and loading/unloading a truck is too boring even for background scenery.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 12, 2017

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Needs a deer.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Gortarius posted:

I caved and watched an episode, and it was just as bad as I knew it would be.

The guy walks intro a beartrap, screams in agony and immediately 6 or so zombies jump out of the bush, and somehow, magically, he is fighting them off. Even more magically the gun teleports to gabriels feet (did it get thrown out of the guys hand? I missed it if it did) and he makes the perfect blindfolded noscope360. It is so amazing in fact that the doctor doesn't care about the pain or the other 3 zombies lurking about anymore and is just laughing.

I feel like part of TWD's universe's rule set is that items randomly teleport up to 10 feet, and the writers just forgot to clue us into that rule 40 seasons ago.

Other than that is it just normal physics with normal humans using normal human emotion and reasoning.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The Duke posted:

The doctor shot himself, he wasn’t trying to kill everyone.

I haven't watched this season/half season, but was it because this doctor can't handle the pain of existance/hurting others?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The Human Crouton posted:

I haven't watched this season/half season, but was it because this doctor can't handle the pain of existance/hurting others?

Also, did he walk through the woods for 45 minutes before killing himself?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

dont even fink about it posted:

This thread is weakening me and I may throw season 7 on Netflix while doing other things.

I'm starting to falter as well. Gamer kids, helicopter lesbians: how long can I fight my curiosity?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Fionordequester posted:

Alright, so...since the show has clearly deteriorated in quality recently...I've got a question.

What happened? Like, for those who have stuck around for a long time...where did the turning point come? People analyze the Simpsons, trying to analyze when it "jumped the shark", or started to deteriorate...so what about with Walking Dead? What went wrong, and why? Which hiring decision ended up biting them in the butt?

That, and more, would legit interest me.

Season 3 was where it was still kind of ok, but the quality and thought behind the show was clearly half-assed. This show collapsed very, very quickly.

I think it's because the show became super popular, and that's when smaller networks go berserk and have webisodes, and mobile games, and Chris Hardwicks; so the writers think that the world they created is invincible and does not need maintenance.

I don't remember when the show became just walking through the woods and pondering 6th grade philosophy.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Yeah, dude. Warring city-states is not a naturally boring premise.