Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
If you want to have Morgan and Carol's battling ideas you can't prove either one unequivocally wrong. You can't just make Morgan wrong all the time it has to pay off with his kind of thinking sometimes too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah going from housewife to black ops commando in such a short amount of time is really weird.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah no one saying fascism doesn't exist, but fascists don't come into power by going to an army base and beating all of the soldiers up. It just seems unrealistic to get into power by seemingly everyone hating you. Most dictators have fans that absolutely wanted them in power.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I truly don't understand how Negan can be likeable. I do like JDM and really want to give it a chance but the character is super lame. A bad guy but get this... he makes jokes! It might as well be Roger from Doug.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Filthy Hans posted:

JDM isn't quite like Negan in the comic, and that's mostly for the worse. In the comic he's about twice as large, just a hugely imposing guy. He's like a cross between Babe Ruth and Al Capone, a charming lowlife with a beastly temper. I read his dialog as being quite fast-paced and less deliberate than JDM delivers it, which is the directors' fault because the show is so dour and stretched out. He also curses a blue streak. I knew a legit psychopath (he was a high-level corporate web security guy) and he was practically a carbon copy minus the violence. Same bombast and foul language, same need to dominate, same delight taken in gaslighting everyone around him.

Negan is supposed to be charasmatic in a certain way, larger than life and both terrifying and inspiring in equal measure. JDM's version just is an rear end in a top hat with a big gang. I like JDM and he's having fun but the showrunners got the character all wrong.

I don't think saying gently caress more times is going to change my opinion.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Has anyone else gave up watching? I actually pulled the plug and stopped after episode one. I felt conflicted because there really was a time it was one of my favorite shows on TV, probably up until around the time they got to Alexandria.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I didn't quit specifically because of the episode, it was more just realizing I didn't really like the characters or Negan.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The real reason he got the deal is Negan probably said I will kill all of you if you don't pay half and Ezekiel immediately said ok. You guys forget that the reason Rick got the raw end of the deal is because they took out an entire base of their guys. I get the feeling that no other community has done that or even close to that.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah I think that's why I liked it so much. I started late and binged from the beginning until they got t terminus at the end of season 4 I believe? Then I started watching it in real time per episode which is when I started to lose interest. I actually really enjoyed season 2 but I watched it in the matter of a week or 2 instead of months like you would be watching live.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
What episode will the Glenn fake out be revealed?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Negan watches from a hill as Alexandrians hold hands in a circle even through all of the strife, his heart grows 3 times bigger and he becomes a good guy and helps the communities. Series finale.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
This show would make more sense if they just said the group has survived by divine providence rather than by their skill or decision making.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I read an interview with one of the cast mates who I can't remember now (possibly Abrahams). He said there is basically no improv at all on the show, less that many show he had been on thus far.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
By the time Carl is supposed to be 15 in the show Chandler Riggs going to be balding and have a grey beard.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
How is "be my wife or be enslaved" not coercion? I mean Jesus it might as well be the definition.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
If Negans really a rapist why hasn't Rick arrested him yet?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Who will win the debate in the next episode about rape as coercion. Rick or Negan?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Mismatched boot person was Shane, hid under a dumpster.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
*hears about mass shooting* can't believe someone made this guy all those bullets.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I always found it weird with the deterioration they show on the zombies, I mean how would most of their bites even break skin?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Prepping has always been dumb to me. Yay now I can live in a poo poo world with zombies/radiation/killer robots for a long time. Sounds great.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
If camping was that fun we would have never made houses.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Mid season finale and I have one question....is Negan a rapist?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Sorry only one species being effected by an illness when we got the birds flu.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I've never and probably won't ever try Z Nation because when I started watching The Walking Dead I was hoping for a smart show that was dark, tense, had high stakes. I was hoping it would be about the human condition and the lengths people will and won't go to survive. Obviously I'm not gonna get it from TWD at this point but I doubt I'll get it from Z Nation either.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Orange Red Bull posted:

It started out that way with a few moments sprinkled among the seasons but ever since the Gov it feels like they are stuck on some super villain kick.

Yeah that's what I mean, season 1 and even season 2 scratched that itch pretty well. I will say I watched those seasons on Netflix so it wasn't as slow for me as someone who was watching it on tv weekly. I keep coming back I guess hoping it'll be as good as it was but I think I've come to the conclusion there's not much you can do with those themes long term.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Why don't they just pack up and go to Dallas, they can come to my house it's pretty cool.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah that was quite strange to see a group of people devolve into basically apes in like a year and a half period.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The answer to all animals is zombies ate them, even the ants, also ate all of the sickness in the world

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Where's the cockroaches?!

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
You guys act like Rick dying would fix this show, as if any other characters are any more interesting.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Taear posted:

It is absolutely stupid, it's just not been long enough for this to start to happen. Like I said before so much of the show feels like there's been a huge gap between the apocalypse and now.

And I don't see a problem with Rosita. She's frustrated and wishes she could do something. Just like Carl, but nobody's calling him whiny or whatever.

How long have you been here because people have been complaining about Carl being whiny since around midway through Season 2.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The last episode should be the characters finding Robert Kirkman and asking why he made them so lovely.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
How many episodes will Rick be charging the spirit bomb?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Don't open thread, dead show inside

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is how the Negan story ended in the comics The allied communities go to war with Negan, there's some battles and stuff, it ends with a big climactic battle at Hilltop. Negan and Rick are fighting, Negan seems like he's gonna win because he's got like 6 inches and 50 pound and an arm on Rick, and then Rick is like, "why are we fighting? This is really stupid. You don't want to farm? fine. You have like fifty goons, if you used your manpower to keep the areas between the communities clear of zombies, we'd willingly pay you in food for that service. You could be the corner stone of a new post-zombie world, but you're just killing people for no gain"

And Negan pauses and basically says, holy poo poo he's right. Then Rick slits his throat with a straight razor. Rick yells "hey everybody the war is over, Negan is gonna die but our doctor is gonna save him because we're the good guys, so this fight is over, everybody go home. We're not gonna kill Negan, we're gonna lock him up in a basement dungeon for the rest of his life. He'll be fed regularly and bathed and shaved monthly, because we're the good guys, I am literally stating to all of you that this is purely to establish my moral superiority"

And that's it, war over, comic then time-jumps two years ahead, Negan is still locked in a dungeon

Question about spoilers I thought that pretty much was the deal? They kept the place safe and and forced the other people to pay for it, like the mob. Hence the name "saviors".

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

sex swing from IKEA posted:

Who was that person with the crossbow at the end of the last episode?

Also, comic talk
what is going to happen with Eugene? In the comics he seems to become at least somewhat more in the realm of not being a little bitch and crying all the time, but he also seems to hook up with Rosita, so I guess that arc is gone.

Think they'll move to the Whisperer storyline at some point? I would think it could be a pain to recreate with the zipper zombie suits but what do I know.

Football makeup under the eyes...and we're done for the day.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The Chris death on FTWD definitely had shades of Dumpster Glenn.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Only 2 episodes left until we learn this whole season was a daydream and Negan hasn't hit anyone with the bat yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I have gotten a lot more enjoyment from Dave Chapelles performance as Negan.