Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

What a weird fetish.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I saw an anime series about a bunch of girls crewing a battleship

I mean...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

UmOk posted:

In all likeliness it will be one of the five black characters or one of the two gay characters.

Two? You forgot to count Daryl.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bobjr posted:

Reminder that Norman Reedus's son is named Mingus Lucien Reedus.

The thing that makes this super weird for me is that he was either filming Beat (in which he plays Lucien Carr) or was just about to when his son was born. And if he named his kid after Lucien Carr, well, why?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I dipped after whatever the first Governator season was, dipped back in for the actually good first half of season... 6? The hospital one, I think? I heard there was a character who is Literally Jesus on the show now and checked this thread to see what's going on, and now I have zero desire to watch any of it at all. Good times.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

So TWD has become Z Nation? The circle of liiiiiiiife.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I realized I was only a season behind so I dipped into where I left off and the episode where Carol wakes up in the Kingdom is amazing. It's a shame that it sounds like this season goes down to poo poo again. :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
season 7 episode 4 why the gently caress doesn't Corl just shoot Negan :psyduck:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
S7E7, goddamn it show, Negan was already a great and amazing villain you did not have to include a scene of him being rapey at an underage girl as if we needed clarification that he is a BAD DUDE

gently caress this stupid show Tara should have stayed on the Isle of Lesbos and Jesus should get his own spinoff where he wanders the earth kicking zombie rear end with morgan

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
is it upside down day? i just googled "negan is too likeable" and all the articles are about how actually he's ruining the show. Jefferey Dean Morgan is simply putting way too much humanity into him, especially in the "i'm bustin' your balls kid" stuff with Corl

he's also more good-hateable than the governator was

also i swear i watched season 6 but did rick and michonne get together offscreen or were their scenes so forgettable i.. forgot them?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yea Negan's plot armor is getting really dumb and i'm not even done with S7. i had to take a break after Corl had a loving machine gun pointed directly at him, when Corl's entire reason for living at that moment was to shoot Negan, and he... just... didn't.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I feel completely out of touch with what the general public wants out of this show because I loved the oceanside episode

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's always been a show with great episodes buried in the mix. And the biggest fans seem to hate the best episodes, like Daryl and Beth's Excellent Adventure

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Johnny Truant posted:

Saw about 10 seconds of a preview for tonight's episode and it has Negan and priest-man sitting in the trailer just hamming it up

gently caress you, TWD

sounds better than most episode of TWD. :confused:

i mean Negan is dumb as hell for many reasons but his monologues themselves aren't one of them, because Jeffery Dean Morgan is a terrific actor and it's fun listening to him shred scenery

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cactus posted:

Ohgod if it's going to be a talky bottle episode I might have to wait till next week so that there's a normal episode to watch right after.

I just slid a lovely gunfight episode down your throat and you thanked me for it!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Johnny Truant posted:

when has any TWD dialogue been good...?

Things cane be entertaining without being good. I find Negan entertaining despite being objectively about a thousand times dumber than the Governator.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lmao that episode was fuckin' ridiculous, this show man, this show :shepicide:

Negan offering to write Eugene off. TAKE THE DEAL, EUGENE

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

lmao

also gabriel getting down with the sickness because of a thing that they've been doing consequence-free for loving 7 seasons is hilarious

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
for a hot minute i thought the reason gabriel brought up the wives and negan kept saying he's weak was gonna end up with negan saying he can't get it up and the wives are just for show

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
maybe gabriel is sick from something else

maybe he's sick... from guilt :smug:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yo Gabe did you stop to think for one fuckin' second that maybe your purpose was to shoot Negan in the face

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jesus meets up with Gabriel. "Hey man. I just wanna let you know, God heard your prayer. He gave you a purpose. And you completely hosed it up. So he gave you zombie AIDS."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Blazing Ownager posted:

We stopped watching after Gabriel was taken to the cell; was all this stuff in an after-credits sequence or did we miss the last 2 minutes of the episode or something?

Negan told Eugene to fix his problem and if he couldn't that he'd kill him quickly and painlessly. "Either way, I got your back" he said or something.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Astroman posted:

My prediction: we won't find out who was flying the helicopter this season, and/or when we do it will be lame and inconsequential ie it's not a massively armed military or govt remmnant--it's just 2 old Air National Guard guys with a chopper or:

Yeah it's gonna be some doomsday preppers who have a bunker and one (1) helicopter that they've modified to run on car gasoline or corn syrup or whatever. Also they're cannibals and rapists.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it says a lot about this show that the Garbage Pail Kids were the most interesting thing in season 7

well, i guess Oceanside was pretty awesome too, in their first episode anyway

e: and Ezekiel obv

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

whirlycopter is an actual thing Southern people call them so i'm going with that

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i hope eugene's redemption arc is him getting killed

i mean he's funny and all but i feel like he's run his course. so has Pope Gabriel. so has Michonne. let's cull the crap out of this cast. even Daryl is getting boring. give me a spinoff where Carol, Ezekiel and Maggie go on adventures together.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Astroman posted:

Daryl is basically an asexual cipher for fangirls to squee over.

I think it's lame as gently caress that they didn't go with the angle that he's a self-loathing homosexual, something that was heavily hinted at a bunch of times in the early seasons and then dropped a like a hot rock.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I don't remember this. What was it about?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-walking-dead/news/a822950/walking-dead-daryl-dixon-was-meant-to-be-gay-originally/

quote:

Reedus said he discussed the idea of Daryl being gay early on with then-executive producer Frank Darabont, who exited the show after season one.

“I (was) like ‘Hell yeah, let’s do it,'” Reedus recalled saying to Darabont when asked if he’d be open to the possibility.

As far as the show itself hinting at it (I didn't make this list):

- Daryl was abused as a child, like many LGBT children are when their parents sense that there is something different about them.
- He has intimate relationships with women that never become sexual (Carol, Beth).
- He is one of the only characters that's been around for multiple seasons without showing any kind of romantic interest in anyone.
- Merle constantly called him feminine names to demean him. Calling him by women's names or accusing him of wearing panties, etc.
- He is very secretive about his past, and he has some serious rage issues, like a gay man who grew up in the Deep South might.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lmao so another episode where nothing happened

S7 is the new S2

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i seriously can't get over the people who politely lay down in that .gif

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
walking dead S7, the music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuVd8k3QFP8

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh wow this show is limping hard now. "who can we kill off now? who's been around forever but nobody likes? OH YEAH CORAL"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

moist turtleneck posted:

we cant stop here, that bitch madison is near

How much do they pay you to gently caress that polar bear?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tenzarin posted:

It would be funny if like zombies was just an americas thing and japan is still shipping us cars.

Nothing that interesting will ever be in this show.

Have the characters tried using Ham radios yet in the comics?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
TWD clearly exists in an universe quite different to our own where things like dysentery and salmonella don't exist, otherwise they'd have all died long long ago

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm still holding out hope that Daryl is gay. I know that they said he isn't but they can change their minds

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

tomapot posted:

drat, I watched every episode and don�t remember half that, maybe I have PTSD and blocked it out.

Lmao same. I even thought seasons 7 and 8 were just one season.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They should just have Negan take over as leader after Rick.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lmao I completely forgot about the Wolves

Funny to think that Terminus, all things considered, was one of the best plots the show has had in retrospect.

I also forgot about the incredibly stupid way Beth killed herself. I legit liked her character and still love the "Up the Wolves" episode with Darryl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

moist turtleneck posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo it was her, but I didn't know she was responsible for Boxing Helena so I have mixed feelings now

I haven't watched it in like 20 years but I recall enjoying Boxing Helena

Also the biggest shark jump moment for the show has got to be The Dumpster