Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I bought this and I'm playing it. Seem's like an epic setting at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's locked at 30FPS but I guess the devs are working on a patch to let you play at higher FPS. Which is my major complaint so far. Will keep the thread updated with more as it develop's.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I agree, since the game starts off with a riff from Jimi Hendrix.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The controller preset is completely hosed up is a new complaint I have but I can just use mouse and keyboard I guess.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Wormskull posted:

The controller preset is completely hosed up is a new complaint I have but I can just use mouse and keyboard I guess.
m/kb sucks for driving but ya gotta deal w/ it.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Title says MAfia 4 btw OP.. Thought youd want to know about that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know if I feel like streaming this but maybe if enough people want to see it in action... Idk.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

I don't know if I feel like streaming this but maybe if enough people want to see it in action... Idk.

I do. I think I want to buy it but I want to see it ticking first

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

rediscover posted:

I do. I think I want to buy it but I want to see it ticking first

Meh, alright.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's live. https://www.twitch.tv/wormskull

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Im playing it too, the writing and voice acting is pretty good, and of course the setting/music is good. The guns feel fun, pretty solid overall

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

People on other parts of the internet are already losing there drat minds over the 30fps thing. Talking bout boycotting and poo poo like that. Wish gamers could just have a good time these days

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The shooting would probably be a lot more epic in 60FPS but hell, what can ya do. This game is fairly sick though.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah im not worried though because they said theyll put out a patch for 60 fps this weekend. also the 30 fps isnt that bad and anybody whining about it is a stupid piece of poo poo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i cant stand "pc gamers"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://clips.twitch.tv/wormskull/SuccessfulRatYouWHY I got a achievement for this. :dukedoge:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORMELCHILI posted:

Yeah im not worried though because they said theyll put out a patch for 60 fps this weekend. also the 30 fps isnt that bad and anybody whining about it is a stupid piece of poo poo

I only hate frame rate when's it's dark souls 2 and the high frame rate causes the game to not work the same as it does at 30 fps. But that's more because i have AIDS than a real complaint

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao Good Lord this game is epic...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The controller started working right all a sudden.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

The controller started working right all a sudden.

Based Gaben.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Mafia devs say they already have a 60 FPS patch working in house. Seems like it was a genuine oversight instead of just bad engine coding (which is what fucks up Dark Souls 1-2 above 30)

I've got the game siting on my PS4. Can't wait to play tonight.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I found the record of Eve of Destruction but is it in the game... That song is my jam.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Wormskull posted:

I found the record of Eve of Destruction but is it in the game... That song is my jam.

It is! and agreed on that song being awesome.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

I don't think that 30 FPS caps are acceptable on PC...

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Evil Eagle posted:

I don't think that 30 FPS caps are acceptable on PC...

Really depends on the game.

A 30 FPS cap won't do a thing in a turn based game for instance. Anything action/twitch based should be 60 minimum.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
even though I wont complain about 30, ill be damned if stuff running at 90 or 120 fps doesnt look freakin amazing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My friend built a expensive monster rig so he could push 200+fps in DOTA2 which is the only game he plays

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

My friend built a expensive monster rig so he could push 200+fps in DOTA2 which is the only game he plays
lmao

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

DOTA2: Not Even Once

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

200+ FPS? Worth it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/TXbwQ5A.mp4

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Patch should be this weekend http://steamcommunity.com/games/360430/announcements/detail/814414713567158759

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Are you playing on PC op?

edit: nevermind

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Synthy will just tell me to cock this thread or whatever if I keep talking about fps.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You bastards are trying to ruin my Mafia III thread.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Anyways, rediscover, to answer your question, last night I unselected a mission quest and just walked around and stumbled into a construction site and a gross drug, alcohol and prostitution compound run by the mafia and made 25000 dollars and picked up two sweet Vargas paintings and a playboy with an interview with a epic republican Louisiana senator or someone like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The collectibles are cool. The playboys are like from 4 to 20 pages of pics and articles, and there's painted pinup pictures, and Hot Rod magazine, and a christian mag called Repent. And some other stuff I think... uhh Records and one more thing.

• Locked thread