Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Tim Whatley posted:

If I pause it and resume it though, it goes up a bit before stopping. It also says 40.62mb out of 509.2mb and the bar is halfway full. What the poo poo?

haha who knows :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Well, time to trawl the official forums and find out if I'm the only one getting kicked out of matchmaking after trying for 4 minutes.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54coxq/fh3_redownloading_fix_pc/

I ended up doing this to download it. Seemed like it was gonna be a shitshow that could have broken at any time but it all worked really well somehow and ended up being easier than dealing with the windows store

its crazy how smooth and pretty this game is on my 1060. I feel like I'm playing a video game from the future, like I'm playing a remastered game on a console from five years from now. poo poo I've never had a game run so smooth when everything goes crazy hectic.

Caesar Saladin fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 12, 2016

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Caesar Saladin posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54coxq/fh3_redownloading_fix_pc/

I ended up doing this to download it. Seemed like it was gonna be a shitshow that could have broken at any time but it all worked really well somehow and ended up being easier than dealing with the windows store

lol wow what an amazing process

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I have the second version of the Xbox One controller for my PC, the one that added the headphone jack. Do you know if I can use the wired PS4 earbud/microphone in that as a mic and earpiece? Or is it just for headphones?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

barren_sky posted:

I have the second version of the Xbox One controller for my PC, the one that added the headphone jack. Do you know if I can use the wired PS4 earbud/microphone in that as a mic and earpiece? Or is it just for headphones?

I use "The True Headset of Kings" PS Vita headphones and they work just fine.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So, first impressions are: this game is very loving pretty. Second impression is: this cover system is almost as clunky as Deus Ex Mankind Divided, but the gunplay is pretty decent. Third impression: J.D, Dell and Oscar are all trying to be the wiseass of the group and none of them are particularly good at it. Also, J.D looks like Bradley Cooper if he had mumps.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I redownloaded the whole loving game. Works flawlessly. All ultra on my GTX 970. It's really great! Of course I boot up the game and my monitor shits the bed, though. That was cool. Replacement en route...

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Ok so...I'm pretty much sold on picking this up. Amazon does the preorder sale for prime members all of launch week, right?

For the old school gears 1 & 2 crew that may remember playing with me my new(ish) gamertag on Xbox live is AhChaChaChaCha.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
Had a game of Guardian on Gridlock that was stalemated for like 6 minutes.

Just trading kills and no one getting near the leader. I break off, grab frags and go on a suicide mission for their leader.

Find him in their tower (by Boltok) and manage to stick him for a double kill. Leader dead.

Run back to my spawn which is where our leader is and they are getting pushed by two enemies. Shotgun them both in the back and we clean up the rest.

God I love Gears.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Arcsquad12 posted:

So, first impressions are: this game is very loving pretty. Second impression is: this cover system is almost as clunky as Deus Ex Mankind Divided, but the gunplay is pretty decent. Third impression: J.D, Dell and Oscar are all trying to be the wiseass of the group and none of them are particularly good at it. Also, J.D looks like Bradley Cooper if he had mumps.

The JD voice actor is also kinda like a poor man's Nathan Filion. It seems clear they wrote for Nathan Filion in mind, whether or not they intended to cast him, I kind of doubt, but the guy they got sounds kind of like him.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Horde mode is loving fantastic. my GT is Monk Esquire hit me up if y'all wanna pop some heads.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Horde mode is so good in this game. Absolutely love it.

Also a free copy of every other Gears game in BC is a pretty loving sweet bonus. Loving my purchase so far.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Syrinxx posted:

Also a free copy of every other Gears game in BC is a pretty loving sweet bonus. Loving my purchase so far.

How do you actually get them? I figured they'd just automatically be added to my account.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

http://imgur.com/iFysoTU
http://imgur.com/adR0CiV
http://imgur.com/WGasoR1

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

How do you actually get them? I figured they'd just automatically be added to my account.

I got 2 messages with 2 codes each sent to my Xbox account.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

empathe posted:

I got 2 messages with 2 codes each sent to my Xbox account.

drat, nothing yet :\

I got a couple messages with codes for some card packs for "being a loyal fan" but that's it.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Did u buy retail or digital? If retail they should be inside the box.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

A pack-in card in the box had all 4 codes.

Also Best Buy sent me a Gears moscow mule mug and coaster, a $10 GCU certificate, and I got all this for $48. Best loving deal ever

e: GT is Holy BLEEP if anyone's up for Horde (not doing PVP for a while I think)

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 12, 2016

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I got it through the nVidia promotion, the free copy that comes with their graphics cards, maybe I'm just not eligible for it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I should have the game by monday at the latest, got the Xbone S Gears bundle for both versions. Gonna add everybody that posted their GT.

I also need every one to post what versions they have so I can list them in the OP. XBone PC or Both

RBX fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 12, 2016

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I got the game from the Winders store and I didn't get any codes yet.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I am trying to get some "win with a character" bounties out of the way. So I go Kait and proceed to be on the bugman robo team for 12 consecutive games before i quit and went to bed, Is this a known problem somehow or am I insanely unlucky??

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Jumped into the MP for a few rounds of social matchmaking and man...that was not fun at all :ohdear: With the retro lancer gone there's no gun in the game that can stop someone with a gnasher before they have time to walk/run/wallbounce up to you and just instantly kill you. I don't know if it's rose tinted glasses but I had an absolute loving blast in gears 3. If you died to a bayonet charge it was your fault because it was the most telegraphed attack in the entire game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Jumped into the MP for a few rounds of social matchmaking and man...that was not fun at all :ohdear: With the retro lancer gone there's no gun in the game that can stop someone with a gnasher before they have time to walk/run/wallbounce up to you and just instantly kill you. I don't know if it's rose tinted glasses but I had an absolute loving blast in gears 3. If you died to a bayonet charge it was your fault because it was the most telegraphed attack in the entire game.

The enforcer is the gun you're looking for. I win most one on one encounters with gnashers with it. The retro lancer is still in the game but it's a map pick up and amazing and always worth picking up.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

The enforcer is the gun you're looking for. The retro lancer is still in the game but it's a map pick up and amazing and always worth picking up.

Yeah I read that the enforcer was pretty good at close range but I found that the accuracy was poor enough that I couldn't down someone before they rushed me with the gnasher or I ran out of ammo. Maybe it's a git gud issue.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

The enforcer is the gun you're looking for. I win most one on one encounters with gnashers with it. The retro lancer is still in the game but it's a map pick up and amazing and always worth picking up.

Also, hammerburst 3 shot downs someone, kills if there's some headshots in there. Kill plenty of gnasher rushers with it.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Do you need codes? I have extras. Send me a PM.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

This freezing/hitching is annoying me a lot:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/HungryForApples/video/22369698#t=18

Anyone else getting this at the beginning of each round?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

empathe posted:

Whoa not seeing that at all on PC.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

Finster Dexter posted:

Whoa not seeing that at all on PC.

I found their forum post. It's a known issue.
https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...612c1e337/posts

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

empathe posted:

I found their forum post. It's a known issue.
https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...612c1e337/posts

quote:

Solution: Open four other games (allow them to load past the initial splash screen) and then load Gears of War 4.

lolwut?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

empathe posted:

Since it only happens at the start of a match it doesn't teally bother ne.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

yeah idk, my guess is something in the cache and XBO keeps 4 games worth of cache at any time so this effectively clears the cache? who knows i can't believe they didn't catch this.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does the disc version come with a code for the pc version?

sp00nman
May 14, 2004

All this Christmas spirit is gives me a raging boner!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Does the disc version come with a code for the pc version?
No, you have to buy the digital version in order to be able to play on both PC and Xbone.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

sp00nman posted:

No, you have to buy the digital version in order to be able to play on both PC and Xbone.

Which makes discs complete ripoffs as they're the same price for half the functionality

sp00nman
May 14, 2004

All this Christmas spirit is gives me a raging boner!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Which makes discs complete ripoffs as they're the same price for half the functionality
Yes it does. I feel your pain. I normally get games at Best Buy GCU or Amazon for the 20% off new games. It would rather have all digital games, but there are rarely price drops on digital console games which sucks. I paid full price for GOW4 digital code at Best Buy, but I also got $10 in rewards for pre-ordering it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That sucks but I guess there is good reasoning, I mean you would just get a lot of people buying the game, using the pc code and then returning the disc for a full refund.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That sucks but I guess there is good reasoning, I mean you would just get a lot of people buying the game, using the pc code and then returning the disc for a full refund.

They could just put a code in the box to unlock PC, but I'm guessing Play Anywhere is Digital Only because the cost of goods sold on digital is much lower than boxed. Margins are a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonger
Apr 25, 2006

Quiet! You vegetable!
Anyone have thoughts on the best way to farm XP in Horde mode? I just wanna get level 3 for the classes I play so they can equip two skills.

I beat all 50 waves on Normal last night but the rewards didn't seem that great. That being said, the scoreboard every 10 waves doesn't make it clear if those are your total xp/creds gains or just for the last 10 waves. Anyone know?

• Locked thread