Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tehinternet posted:

I snagged number two.

Hey, is anyone else having chat issues (I'm on PC and I can't hear anyone voice chatting)? I've enabled Gears to use my microphone via settings>privacy>microphone and I can see MY mic icon appear when talking but can't *hear* anyone.

Are your speakers/headset set as the default communications device? I assume since it's a MS game it takes this into consideration for the VoIP stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tehinternet posted:

So I've beaten the campaign on Insane and Horde mode is a lot of fun. The competitive multiplayer is just awful though. I'm used to everyone using the shotgun, it's always been a thing. But Jesus gently caress, it's ALL wall bouncing and gnashers all the time. There's no strategy beyond when to roll/bounce/shoot. It's disappointing, Gears 3 had some great mechanics to balance out the ALL SHOTGUNS ALL THE TIME stuff.

I'm glad I burned out on Gears 3 multiplayer pretty hard and still haven't tried and probably won't ever try Gears 4 competitive. That sounds like a loving mess.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tehinternet posted:

Yeah, five games -casual games at that- were enough to kill it for me. I don't blame people for using the gnasher, it's superior to everything else at the moment. Wish they'd go back to Gears 3 balancing, I remember that being a ton of fun. It won't happen because "pro gaming" has ruined it, but hey, at least Horde mode is still fun as hell.

I feel you, Gears 3 was the pinnacle of Gears MP and it's a shame this game doesn't follow in its footsteps but between Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 I have enough shooters to keep me busy that I don't think I'll mind never touching the MP. Love Horde though.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tehinternet posted:

I wish they'd add some of the old Horde mode enemies in too. The "TOTALLY NOT THE HORDE" enemies are kind of boring.

Yeah, the DBs are loving terrible and it's terrible that 40% of the Campaign they're the only enemies. They really overused them. They're not fun to fight and worst of all, not fun to kill. Gears always provides a lot of visceral kills and blowing dudes up into chunks of meat or watching their head pop with that satisfying squish was the best. DBs don't offer that.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm going through the campaign right now and it's not bad but it's amazing how uninteresting the three leads are.

Yeah it's really really dull, there's not a single new character I gave a poo poo about and I love Gears and it's goofy characters but man, they're just so boring in 4. My friend and I went through Gears 1 on PC after we beat 4 and it's amazing that even though Marcus and the squad are pretty bro'd out and kinda douchey, they're likeable and their banter amongst each other is fantastic. Gears 1 still holds up and is a fantastic game but I don't think I'll ever go through Gears 4 again.

Oh and gently caress Epic for making Insane mode bullshit in this game since you can't revive each other in co-op, you automatically die. Insane in Gears 1 is a challenge but it's fair. We gave up on Insane in 4 because it's really just dumb luck if you survive.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is this another million Gigs for me to download? At this point Gears 4 is 102GB on my 512GB SSD, and I hardly play it. Might have to just uninstall it because that poo poo is insane.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Geight posted:

Oh wow I'm glad you mentioned this, I was annoyed enough when I discovered it had installed on my SSD, so this reminded me to uninstall it.

Glad I could help, the game just becomes more and more massive with these patches, I think it was 80GB base and now it's 102GB with the first patch which added a couple characters and two maps? The gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sdoots posted:

The download from the Windows Store has been sitting at 19 gigs for over 12 hours. What the gently caress.

The Windows Store sucks balls but there's something wrong with this.

• Locked thread