Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Old Man Dan finally get his due?
This poll is closed.
HELL YEAH :911: 15 40.54%
No, there is no justice or magic left in this world 22 59.46%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aFU2N-_5Ao

get in, lads

Oi, sapenin brevs? Welcome to the GDT for UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2, 3 a.m. GMT Sunday, Oct. 9 on sumfin like 17 different channels dependin’ on your television provider there mate. Makes me wish we was across the pond what where their UFC shows was on PPV at 10 p.m. on a Saturday, seems right easier to follow.

Yeah we gotta stay up way late to watch this shite but I don’t mind, us Mancs finally got ourselves a real UFC champion, s’true. Me and me lads Chayse and Declan went on a cheeky Tesco run to load up on Club-Mate — and while we was there Cory nicked a couple value lagers, the absolute ledge — and we’re ‘eaded for Manchester Arena for the long ‘aul, yeah?

:siren: For the Middleweight title :siren:

Michael “the Count” Bisping (c)

vs.

Dan “Too Many Nicknames” Henderson

Oi mates, where was you June 4, 2016, the day the bloomin’ earth stood still? Me and my mates was watchin’ the fights over at Reggie’s house, on account of his mum lives in Leeds now with Chayse’s prick stepdad Daniel and Chayse’’s dad never comes home til last call too sloshed to give a poo poo we’re up yellin’ at the TV and spinnin’ the latest grimey Lady Sovereign shite on Chayse’s new DJ turntable he got for the ‘olidays, so’s no one to stop us from runnin’ the telly so late yeah? So here comes Michael Bisping ‘imself on short notice to fight Luke Rockhold, who popped him silly the last time they was fightin’, so Declan and I start ‘avin’ a bant and I look Declan dead in his good eye, and I says to him, I says “Declan, was a top show when Bisping got knocked rotten by Andyson Silva and won the fight anyway, so breaks my bleedin’ heart to say this but ain’t no way in ‘ell that Michael Bisping is gonna win that fight.” Then we make the usual bet, and what does Michael Bisping do? He knocks Rockhold out in the first, the absolute madman! I ‘ad to wear me mum’s knickers outside me trousers to school the next day, and there Declan is with his mobile out to catch the action, ‘avin’ a laugh. Well joke’s on him, the cheeky arsehole, last weekend I finger shagged that manky slag he fancies from the Independent School in StratfordshireshirechestershirechesterchesterGlauchestershire-super-chester-betwixt-Berwickshire-upon-Trent.

But that yank Dan Henderson, yeah? Right tough old bugger, he is. I remember ever since Primary School World 3 Key Stage 2 we’ve been showed the gif of him knockin’ ol’ Bisping right on his arse when we learned about the War of American Aggression - 1776. Ever since then he left the UFC he lost to Jake Shields because he literally couldn’t take the piss, then had a four-fight streak including KOin’ Fedor and ‘avin’ a fight of the year with Shogun Rua back in the UFC, then he’s gone 3-7 since then but ‘e’s gettin’ ‘is shot at Bisping one last time. Man’s 46 years old, ledge, gettin’ knocked out with his iron chin and then knockin’ people sidewise with his “big roight ‘and” even after gettin’ ‘isself knocked out anyway. Absolutely mental that we’re seein’ this fight in 2016.

Middleweight

Vitor “the Phenom” Belfort

vs.

Gegard “Dreamcatcher” Mousasi

Oi that big boy Vitor, or should I say former big boy eh lads? Fookin’ comes out to every fight for a three year period lookin’ like Eddie ‘all tits and all, swearin’ up and down ‘e’s “all natural” and only God makes ‘im strong enough to knock out ol’ Mikey Bisping and Luke Rockhold, then the USADA comes in and what do you know but ‘e looks like the good Prince Charles got a tan and a cunty ‘aircut on ‘oliday to Rio by the time he fights Chris Weidman.

But that Gegard Mousasi fella may literally be ol’ boy Charles, both wide-eared bugger’s had the same blank slighty-slackjawed facial expression like a baby’s shat ‘is knickers for goin’ on 20 years now.

Light heavyweight

Ovince St. Preux

vs.

Jimi Manuwa

OI, WHO LET A FRENCHMAN IN MANCHESTER? I’LL DO ‘IM OVER RIGHT ‘ARD MESELF I SWEAR ON ME MUM

Now let me tell ya somethin’ right here, Jimi Manuwa is Britain’s most dangerous convict. Now the mainstream media will tell ya it’s Charles Bronson, but when ya fink about it all he’s done is gone and made them Deathwish films and tried an’ stop ol’ Sonic the ‘edge’og from collectin’ them Chaos Emeralds, it may be a twee bit fooked to shove them bunnies in big metal canisters but that ain’t even the worst I’ve seen just in Manchester when the kiddos ‘as time off for GCSes, yeah? Manuwa did a year for conspiracy to burgle, and that ain’t even the worst of it — some say ‘e uses ‘is voodoo powers to shred yer ACLs right out from yer ruddy knees without even needin’ to touch yas. Spooks, I say.

Heavyweight

Stefan “Skyscraper” Struve

vs.

Daniel “Polar Bear” Omielańczuk

Now if ya ‘adn’t sussed it by now, we Brits is a proud people. Frankly we know we’re better than anyone else, and we aim to keep it that way. It’s why we voted to leave the UK for no other good reason, and why we have a great history of limiting our gene pool to our tiny island for over 7,000 years. Keeps us strong, gives up that stiff upper lip to show off our most crooked teeth (mating display) and ensures that the 1 in every 3 pregnancies to survive to childbirth are worthy to carry on the mantle of Good King Richard the Lion’eart. It also ensures we never grow past 1.57 meters sos we can see the roads under the London fog. Which is why when Declan told me he spotted a giant from the Dutchlands roamin’ the countryside I thought the daft oval office was havin’ a laugh. I’d heard tales of giants and fairies from across the sea but took ‘em to be ol’ tidbits that Chaucer tosser made up to trick children into playin’ chess and stayin’ out of the cheese larder. But turns out it’s true, this Stefan Struve arsehole was wanderin’ around tryin’ to find a carton of speculaas, and we drat near had a riot we did. We cornered the barmy muppet in the ol’ windmill and was ready to torch the bloody thing when some yank prat Pat Barry tries and stops us. Now normally when we Mancs is in an old-fashioned riot we don’t heed no mind to bell ends from across the pond, but ‘e was close enough to our ‘eight that he caught our attention all the same. He starts sayin’ calm down this and not a monster that and almost makes us look inside ourselves and see if it weren’t we was the monsters, gettin’ in a blood frenzy like that. Then we realized he was wearin’ white and blue so we kicked his arse instead and all went back to the pub for a pint and a cheer.

Now Struve, hes’ fightin’ this Polish fella and that ain’t no good. Every evenin’ when I sat down to our customary dinner of gray mush with brown goop the past month, I’d get on me knees and say me prayers to our lockjawed gap tooth soccer hooligan wood nymph deity that he’d get injured and we wouldn’t have to see him fight. But here we are and it looks like the fight’s on, so don’t say I didn’t do me best to stop it.

Featherweight

Mirsad Bektic

vs.

Russell Doane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJDu5D_IXbc

OTHER SHITE TO WATCH

FS1 Prelims, 8 p.m. ET
Bantamweight Brad Pickett vs. Iuri Alcântara
Bantamweight Davey Grant vs. Damian Stasiak
Welterweight Leon Edwards vs. Albert Tumenov
Lightweight Łukasz Sajewski vs. Marc Diakiese

Fight Pass Prelims, 6:30 p.m. ET
Welterweight Danny Roberts vs. Racist and Obnoxious Piece of poo poo Platinum Mike Perry
Lightweight Leonardo Santos vs. Adriano Martins

Official MMA snack rating: Jellied eels

Ingredients:
3 pounds fresh Eel, peeled, cleaned and cut into 2-inch pieces
1/4 cup malt vinegar
1 medium-sized onion, peeled and thinly sliced
12 whole black peppercorns, wrapped in a cheesecloth packet and tied
2 small bay leaves
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups water
2 hard-cooked eggs for garnish

How to cook Jellied Eel:
Wash the pieces of eel thoroughly under cold running water.
Place the pieces of eel in salt water and let it soak for 5 minutes.
Rinse well under cold running water, then place the eel in a heavy 4- to 5-quart stainless-steel or enameled saucepan.
Add vinegar, sliced onion, peppercorns, bay leaves, salt and water, and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Transfer the pieces of eel to an baking dish (8x12x2-inch) With a slotted spoon, and stir the lemon juice into the cooking liquid. Discard the peppercorns.
Then pour the entire contents of the pan over the eel, spreading the onion slices on top with a fork.
Sprinkle evenly with the parsley, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. When thoroughly chilled, the liquid should form a soft jelly.
Cut eggs crosswise into 1/4-inch slices and arrange them attractively on the jelly and serve directly from the bowl.
Notes:
This Jellied Eel is a very affordable dish. It is delicious, simple, quick and very easy to cook.
This recipe for Jellied Eel serves/makes: 4-6

And don't forget Goonweight is back!

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The UFC sim engine successfully called Diaz/McGregor 2 so Bisping better be worried. https://instagram.com/p/BLRoGGLh3F9/

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

bluedeanie posted:

StratfordshireshirechestershirechesterchesterGlauchestershire-super-chester-betwixt-Berwickshire-upon-Trent.

Never ever stop.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Give me Henderson or give me death

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I've really come around on Bisping in the past year, but I still wanna see Deciduous Decision Dan Big Right Hollywood Handerson go out on a win. And actually stay retired.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Great op, op.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Bluedeanie posted:

Mirsad Bektic
I see that A&F has become weirdly nationalist.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Wait, so when is this card actually happening in in a UK arena? At 3am their time? How exactly does that go over

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Wait, so when is this card actually happening in in a UK arena? At 3am their time? How exactly does that go over

Well the tickets sold out in a heartbeat, and it means they can drink straight for like 15 hours before the main card, and the UFC by luck, or design, put it in a world cup qualifying break so there is no football on...

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Not just for the fans though, the fighters too. Someone probably minds having to fight for their life during the graveyard shift.

Not me though, I think its way cool to stay up past bedtime

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Not just for the fans though, the fighters too. Someone probably minds having to fight for their life during the graveyard shift.

Not me though, I think its way cool to stay up past bedtime

Surely, now I may be wrong because MMA fighters, they train in the US and don't adjust their body clocks, right? That'd have to be the way you do it.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Oct 8, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

tellin thi bisking's retirin t'old lad hendo toneet

gently caress staying up til 5 t' wetch tho

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
I hope Hendo wins by virtue of a Bisping v. Silva flying knee type incident and then retires.

And then bisping will always claim to be the real champ regardless of who has the belt.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i'm in manchester for this card and didn't sleep well and will need to be awake around 24 hr to see the fights and travel home so i expect to be aving a right bloody wanker fifa by the time the main event comes along.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U20f14a0suQ
They cut on and off of him quick, but Vitor looks like death during the weighins.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

never rode uber before, driver says ufc must have some good songs if i'm going to the arena so late

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Ashikan judan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U20f14a0suQ
They cut on and off of him quick, but Vitor looks like death during the weighins.

Yeah looks like he's hangin' them up after tonight as well. https://twitter.com/RJcliffordMMA/status/784885751301287936

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the beginning of the end for vitor was when jacare crushed him with so little resistance that he couldn't retreat to st. eroid the divine's seminary for gifted children and spend a few months convincing himself he was actually winning the whole time

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

It's fight time and the first guy is coming out to what sounds like Christian butt rock.

Goldberg and Stann on commentary tonight.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 9, 2016

cream of the clop
Sep 24, 2005

serious duck
So far I really do not mind Stann and Goldberg at all. How many cards have they done together?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

These guys are already pissing off the Mancs in the arena.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I'm liking the air-raid siren they're using to signal the end of rounds.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Are they doing the rinky dink boxing thing of playing music between rounds like they do in British Boxing?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Nobody wins that fight.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Yawn. Goldberg sounds kinda weird tonight.

e] Hot Chocolat is a baller fuckin name :laffo:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Mike Perry is gonna launch Danny Robert's head into orbit next to his platinum satellite

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Platinum Mike Perry is the worst and so is his tattoo

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Oh my god did he have that ridiculous face tattoo at UFC 202 or is that new?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Le Saboteur posted:

Oh my god did he have that ridiculous face tattoo at UFC 202 or is that new?

new and and just... what the actual gently caress

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Is this that incredibly douchie guy?

Lifetime77
May 20, 2007

Hello Bastards.
Perry got himself not one but two face tats since his last time in the octagon.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Platinum Mike Perry is a walking meme and he fuckign owns

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
the right thing is for mike perry to lose before I leave for breakfast

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Mike Perry is the greatest fighter on earth

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Lol their profile photo for him doesn't even have the face tattoos.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Mike Perry's cornerman there just got charged with a domestic after picking up and throwing his girlfriend down outside a convenience store.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
gently caress yea lets go hot choc

e] holy fuckin saved by the bell

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
Both players hitting the taunt button, Joe.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Round one for platinum mike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Mike Perry seems like he's actually really good but he's also an irredeemable douche.

• Locked thread