Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

The last time you did I basketball game I won, let's see if I can keep the streak going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yo

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
The 2015-2016 season has gone down in the history books.

The Golden State Warriors won a record 73 wins in the regular season, but were on the losing side of history when they were the first team to lose a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals, ultimately ceding the title to the Cleveland Cavaliers. The offseason had many surprises too, with many star players leaving their franchises for a new team. It was also a season of goodbyes, as we saw the retirement of legends like Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, and the Black Mamba, Kobe "Vino" Bryant.

But that's in the history books. It's a new season and with a new season, we have many superstars vying to lead their team to the championship. Will it be a player from a team I like? Or will it be a team led by a shithead who I hate? Let's play some Loupgarou to find out.

Kobe Bryant, Superstar, has retired N0 and ended the playoff dreams of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
welcome to the slam.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm NBA Jam Obama

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): Atomic Soda, BottleKnight, DickBastardly, Infinitum, JimsonTheBetrayer, Lazerbeam, Li Dawny, mirotrem, OMGVBFLOL, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero, Tired Moritz, Tobbs Gnawed

With 13 superstars left, it's 7 votes to end someone's playoff dreams. The current deadline is October 11th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New meta

Last one to sign up is scum

##vote Retro Futurist

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wha...N-N-Nuh uh!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Hi

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
he takes a shot from doown tooown

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm basketball

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Gonna ball so hard

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DickBastardly tell me how to get a Pumpkin Pals crew tag or I will vote you out

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I suggest we keep the people with the best avatars.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote Tired Moritz

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
omg inf is back how was wow ##vote inf

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Lazerbeam posted:

##vote Tired Moritz

wow check out this stupid newbie racism.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Am I not in this game I keep seeing you post about it and am like "drat people join this game I'm in" but I guess I wasn't????

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Oh you guys started already okay see ya!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That wasn't very kash money of u

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Infinitum posted:

DickBastardly tell me how to get a Pumpkin Pals crew tag or I will vote you out

put this in the text portion of your custom title with img tags (preview to make sure it looks right) ---------> http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/e0/c4/00046995.0017.png

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Good morning loves, how is everyone today?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Hello basketball friends! I will do my best.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I like this group, even if I'm not totally sure who some of you are. I'm sure we'll all get along swimmingly...I'll even try and keep my composure. The secret to being an effective team, sports or otherwise, is mutual respect.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Basketball Mafia Loupgarou can serve as a kind of metaphor for ultimate cooperation. It is a sport where success, as symbolized by the championship, requires that the dictates of community prevail over selfish impulses.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm the cute team manager on the sidelines.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Li Dawny posted:

Good morning loves, how is everyone today?

I'm having an allergic reaction and I'm worried I may actually be dying.

Not very bball of me but here we are.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
lord barkley take me home i am yours

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Uh oh, I'm in trouble.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kashuno posted:

Am I not in this game I keep seeing you post about it and am like "drat people join this game I'm in" but I guess I wasn't????

i didn't really appreciate how funny this was earlier.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm the cute team manager on the sidelines.

They don't have cute team managers.

##vote Tired Moritz

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DickBastardly posted:

put this in the text portion of your custom title with img tags (preview to make sure it looks right) ---------> http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/e0/c4/00046995.0017.png

Wow trying to buddy up to me?

Super suss

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

I'm so sorry to hear that, are you going to be okay? Do you need to go to the hospital or is it more the bad annoyance of itchy eyes and congestion?

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Sounds like a weak excuse to miss practice :colbert:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Li Dawny posted:

I'm so sorry to hear that, are you going to be okay? Do you need to go to the hospital or is it more the bad annoyance of itchy eyes and congestion?

i woke up having trouble breathing, i took a lot of allergy medicine and now i can mostly breathe.

Lazerbeam posted:

Sounds like a weak excuse to miss practice :colbert:

you're a bird what do you know about basketball? you can't even lace up.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Super suss

Have you ever eaten a spider infinitum? Or maybe a tiny lizard?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

i woke up having trouble breathing, i took a lot of allergy medicine and now i can mostly breathe.

I'm glad that you're breathing better. Do you know what your allergies are to? As in, what could be causing this? I have pretty bad allergies as well and know all too well how crappy they can be sometimes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Li Dawny posted:

I'm glad that you're breathing better. Do you know what your allergies are to? As in, what could be causing this? I have pretty bad allergies as well and know all too well how crappy they can be sometimes.

yeah but it's not very bball. the bball court is where i can leave my allergies behind and escape into a world of fantasy and athleticism.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
guys, I know what we can do to motivate us all! *turns on slam jam*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Infinitum posted:

Super suss

This is about teamwork drat it, join the pumpkin pals team... unless you're scrump!

• Locked thread