Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Basketball Mafia can serve as a kind of metaphor for ultimate cooperation. It is a sport where success, as symbolized by the championship, requires that the dictates of community prevail over selfish impulses.

People just don't understand how obsessed I am with winning.

Welcome to A Man's League, a got some chores tonight internet forums game experience. This is a game of Mafia Loupgarou for 13 players.

This game is beginners friendly! I know we have some new faces from P/C and other places. Join in! If you ever have any questions about your role or the game, just PM me.

Rules
  • Don't break the rules unless I give you permission.
  • Don't edit your posts.
  • Don't talk about this game outside this thread.
  • Don't ever post your role PM in the thread.
  • Don't post if you're not in the game.
  • Don't post if you're dead.
  • Don't post after the hammer.
  • Don't fake day actions.
Other than that, post all the time and as often as possible!! The more you post, the cooler you are.

Days will last 36-48 hours. Nights will last 12-24 hours. We'll figure it out.

1. Atomic Soda
  2. BottleKnight
  3. DickBastardly
  4. Infinitum
  5. JimsonTheBetrayer
  6. Lazerbeam
  7. Li Dawny
  8. mirotrem
  9. OMGVBFLOL
  10. Retro Futurist
  11. Somberbrero
  12. Tired Moritz
  13. Tobbs Gnawed

Friends can come and go, but banners hang forever.

got some chores tonight fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

for some reason, overtype is locked onto my google doc: why

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i fixed it

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Winning takes precedence over all. There's no gray area. No almosts.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

jesus christ

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

accumulating a real basket of deplorables here

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

The 2015-2016 season has gone down in the history books.

The Golden State Warriors won a record 73 wins in the regular season, but were on the losing side of history when they were the first team to lose a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals, ultimately ceding the title to the Cleveland Cavaliers. The offseason had many surprises too, with many star players leaving their franchises for a new team. It was also a season of goodbyes, as we saw the retirement of legends like Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, and the Black Mamba, Kobe "Vino" Bryant.

But that's in the history books. It's a new season and with a new season, we have many superstars vying to lead their team to the championship. Will it be a player from a team I like? Or will it be a team led by a shithead who I hate? Let's play some Loupgarou to find out.

Kobe Bryant, Superstar, has retired N0 and ended the playoff dreams of the Los Angeles Lakers.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Basketball Mafia Loupgarou can serve as a kind of metaphor for ultimate cooperation. It is a sport where success, as symbolized by the championship, requires that the dictates of community prevail over selfish impulses.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

theres actually 69 minutes remaining

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

If you PM'd me, my inbox was full. I deleted some old PMs.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

End of Day 1

Sometimes a superstar can play his heart out and still get no where near the playoffs due to things out of his control. One of the most unfortunate examples was probably the New Orleans Pelicans last year. With injuries sidelining every starter - and many bench players too - at one point or another during the season, their playoff aspirations were snuffed early. This year has had an ominous beginning as well. Jrue Holiday is out for personal reasons (his wife was pregnant - and had a brain tumour - at the same time!!) and Tyreke Evans is still rehabbing his knee. In this timeline, a big anvil also landed on Anthony Davis's head in a prank gone awry.

Tired Moritz, Anthony Davis, Town Roleblocker, has been flattened by a big anvil.

Day 2 will begin maybe at 5 or 6 pm? Maybe in the am if people are quick about it? Get your actions in.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I'm not going to have a lunch break today so please send your actions before 6pm (9 hours from now) EST thank you.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

jesus christ anthony davis actually sprained his ankle this game has dark powers

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

End of Night 1

After the brutal flattening of Anthony Davis and subsequent spraining of his ankle, every superstar held their breath, worried about their own health. But then...nothing happened. Everyone was fine. And so the season began.

Day 2 begins.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

votefinder is down rn day will end friday 10pm

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

hi im not going to count votes cuz im not a nerd until votefinder is fixed so you might as well not actually vote haha or i can nominate a head nerd to do the job this seems like a tobbs gnawed job

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (12): Atomic Soda, BottleKnight, DickBastardly, Infinitum, JimsonTheBetrayer, Lazerbeam, Li Dawny, mirotrem, OMGVBFLOL, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed

With 12 superstars left, it's 7 votes to end someone's playoff dreams. The current deadline is October 14th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days.

you have to revote everyone sorry

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

That's :redhammer:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I'm busy but

Somberbrero, Chris Paul, Scum Tracker/Juggernaut, has been suspended for flopping/kicked in the face.

Send night actions by 8am est tmrw.

got some chores tonight fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Oct 13, 2016

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

End of Night 2

In the night, Dwyane Wade brutally had his eye poked out.

Li Dawny, Scum Roleblocker/Mason, Dwyane Wade, has medically retired due to eye pokage in Night 2.

After an intense investigation, thug rapper Dame 'Dropping Dimes' Lillard was suspended for possibly related reasons

Infinitum, Town 1-shot vig, Damian Lillard, has been kicked out of the league in Night 2.

got some chores tonight fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 14, 2016

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Dear Basketball,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdGeXcJ-hfo

From the moment
I started rolling my dad’s tube socks
And shooting imaginary
Game-winning shots
In the Great Western Forum
I knew one thing was real:

I fell in love with you.

A love so deep I gave you my all —
From my mind & body
To my spirit & soul.

As a six-year-old boy
Deeply in love with you
I never saw the end of the tunnel.
I only saw myself
Running out of one.

And so I ran.
I ran up and down every court
After every loose ball for you.
You asked for my hustle
I gave you my heart
Because it came with so much more.

I played through the sweat and hurt
Not because challenge called me
But because YOU called me.
I did everything for YOU
Because that’s what you do
When someone makes you feel as
Alive as you’ve made me feel.

You gave a six-year-old boy his Laker dream
And I’ll always love you for it.
But I can’t love you obsessively for much longer.
This season is all I have left to give.
My heart can take the pounding
My mind can handle the grind
But my body knows it’s time to say goodbye.

And that’s OK.
I’m ready to let you go.
I want you to know now
So we both can savor every moment we have left together.
The good and the bad.
We have given each other
All that we have.

And we both know, no matter what I do next
I’ll always be that kid
With the rolled up socks
Garbage can in the corner
:05 seconds on the clock
Ball in my hands.
5 … 4 … 3 … 2 … 1

Love you always,
Kobe

Atomic Soda, Mamba-Aligned Kobe Bryant, Rolecop/Serial Killer, has hung up his sneakers...for good.

Night 3 begins. Send your actions within 24 hours.

got some chores tonight fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 18, 2016

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

russell westbrook is insanely cool and very fashionable and a ferocious dunker and hes the best player ever and hes awesome and i love him and hes no longer in my game you bastards you killed him thanks a lot

DickBastardly, Town 1-shot Cop, Russell Westbrook, DEAD

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

you guys make up for killing russell bestbrook last night by killing the worst player in the nba, choker fraud steph curry, idiot baby

omgvbflol, scum godfather/ninja, stephen curry has been eliminated

and thats loupgarou!! town wins!!! i gotta admit, i was not expecting d2 scum lynch, d3 scum lynch, d4 sk lynch, d5 scum lynch but good work town

heres mod-doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mpt0RtJRGfeD0edinavlNlzeez86rIiGvBJrpcVAe2g/edit#gid=0

post-mortem thoughts: so there's a lot of power in this game. i try to make games where everyone has something to do (except tobbs, haha owned) but roles dont win games, just give info that may or may not be helpful (except for dickbastardly's cop!!) so town has a lot of roles but i tried to give scum and sk more tools than a normal game. i thought the balance b/w the three teams was fine but after dickbastardly hit w/ his 1-shot cop, it seemed to go downhill for non-townies pretty quickly so maybe not.

the lid-jimson masonry was a scum-town masonry w/ a kinda cute link that isnt documented so ill just mention it: jimson would receive a 1-shot of any role lid blocked, giving town another shot, but letting lid kinda act as a rolecop + redirector instead of a roleblocker. it didnt see much play since the vig was rb'd both times.

i think i would give the scum one more toy to play with in the future but idk

fun factoid: everyone's role pm has kobe bryant in it :)

a time i had to lol: omgvbflol claiming CORY JOSEPH in a game where everyone is explicitly superstars. man that was funny.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i think everyone played really well so even if you were on the losing team give yourself a round of applause! you guys rocked. thanks for playing [loupgarou] a man's league - a got some chores tonight joint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

edit: i turned on sharing

• Locked thread