Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fre: +3 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +0 | Mun: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Rainbow Garden: Yami's room -> Neo Central City Convention Center

SpringtimeEmi: Fuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkooooooooo-chaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!
YamioftheDarkness: what
SpringtimeEmi: i heard ur part of the league now!!! congratulations!!!! \^o^/
YamioftheDarkness: its not that special
SpringtimeEmi: not that special??? O_O ur a hero!!!
YamioftheDarkness: yea but im rank d im trash tier
SpringtimeEmi: booooooooo!!!! don't say that about urself! u can do it, fuuko-chan!!!! i believe in u!!!!!! go go fuuko-chan!!!!
YamioftheDarkness: stop
SpringtimeEmi: go go fuuko-chan!!! \^o^/ go go fuuko-chan!!!! goooooooooooooooooo fuuko-chan!!!!!!!! \^o^/
YamioftheDarkness:: please stop

--

There, now my room is the sufficient level of dark. People think a "dark room" means turning off the lights, but they're wrong, it's about setting the mood. Dim the lights just enough so just a bit goes through, light a few candles, and make sure you get the right furniture to match the tone. What about my wardrobe? Good, it's all still there. Sparkle Rose didn't try and change them this time.

Emi said I should try and make a place I feel at home with, so I did. It feels nice, making my own room, I never had anything like this back when I was with the Blood Ravens. All I had was a cold, empty room with a bed.

Not everything is dark, though. On my desk is a bright pink book, with lots of glitter on it. I usually hate things with bright colors, but not this one. It's a book with lots of cute animal drawings Emi gave me. Said it was a gift for being a part of the league. I feel bad, she's always so nice to me, and I never feel like I deserve it. All I do is hurt people, or screw up, but she and Ms. Finch- Blue Bird, think there's something worthwhile in me. I don't get it.

I hear Yuki scurrying around in her cage. Oh right, I almost forgot, Yuki doesn't like the dark. I turn on the night-light near her cage, and that seems to have calm her down a little. "There there, mommy's here," I started petting her. She's so soft.

This place, Rainbow Garden (ugh), is nice. It's quiet, and there are barely any people around. I like it. The garden outside is one of the few times I'll willingly go out into the sun. It's peaceful, and there are always animals around. Most of them are scared of me, but I don't mind. I just like watching them run.

But that name. UGH. Rainbow Garden? Rainbow Force? Really? Am I the only one who sees how incredibly lame they are? I should fix it, make it sound cool. Oh, what about Darkness Garden? Yes, that sounds good. Our base needs a good remolding, too. Just paint it all black and purple, and add a few skulls. Skulls are cool. Maybe we should turn the main door into a skull door?

I was broken out of my thoughts by the most annoying noise in the world. Ugh, what is it now? Who are these lame weirdos? The Rainbow Enforcers? Seriously? Does everything have to have a rainbow in it's name? I thought villains had cooler names, what a disappointment. Why should I care if they're causing trouble in some convention center? Oh, wait, right, it's because that's my job now. Ugh. Fine, guess I'm going to have to table my house remodeling ideas for another time.

--

Look at this place. Who thought any of this was a good idea? A convention to celebrate heroes? Really? All I see are a bunch of tacky booths everywhere. Are they for real with those giant, life-sized models? Are those comic books? Do they seriously make comic books about themselves!? I see a few of what I guess to be meet-and-greet booths, but they're filled with a bunch of c-listers. Seriously, Panda King? How far down the barrel did you have to scrape to invite him?

I should just let them destroy this place. It's not like anything worthwhile is going to be lost. People are going to be hurt, but they'll be hurt more if I lost control even a bit, so why risk it?

...Wait.

Oh no.

I bite my thumb hard as soon as I remembered; Paws for Appaws is near here! No no no! If things go wrong, if things escalate, they might head that direction, and gods knows what's going to happen next. I can't let the animals get hurt!

Right, I guess I should help people too, I guess.

"I'm," I sputter out to the team, "I'm... going to create a b-b-barrier. Won't l-l-let them get far. It'll k-k-keep us all in o-o-one p-p-place."

I clap my hands together, letting the bells on my arms ring, and slam my hands on the ground. The shadow around me starts to expand, and move to my will.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Unleashing power to make SHADOW WALLS
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 6+3 = 9

I make sure there aren't people around when I form the walls. It has to be just us, and them, nobody else. My shadows move out, and create a wall around us. Now it's just us, them, a few empty booths, and a bunch of cardboard cutouts.

I feel my body straining. Creating the barrier is... it's painful. I can see my shadows waning a little. Why? I never had any trouble doing this before. Have I gotten weak? Agh. I'm better than this! Controlling the shadows is one of the few things I'm good at, so why, why am I struggling?

Marking Angry

Using unleash to reshape the environment. Since I rolled a 9, I'm choosing to mark a condition.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry

Are you for real?

That's why they're fighting us? That's their reason? Because of the name? I thought at least it would be because they're like, fallen heroes, who all fell to the dark side or whatever, but they're causing all this trouble because our names are the same? You took time I could be spending with Yuki because you care so much about a stupid name?

"...So lame..." I mutter, under my breath.

"...You're all... so... LAME."

I know I should be careful with my powers, I know the kind of destruction they cause, and I know what would happen if I lost control of myself, but right now? Right now, I don't care. I'm angry- really angry. Is this really how a hero team acts? Like a bunch of clowns? They're not any better than the Blood Ravens, using force to get whatever they want. Was I being lied to this whole time?

Fine, if they want a show of power, I'll show them power.

quote:

<HugzillaAway> rolling to make a TERRIBLE MISTAKE (burn)
<HugzillaAway> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> HugzillaAway, 8+1 = 9
<HugzillaAway> oh, well
<HugzillaAway> that's not too bad!

That means I get 3 burn and a condition. If somebody would like to use a team to turn it into a 10, that would be nice! Otherwise, I'll take the condition Guilty.

I closed my eyes, let out a deep breath, and took a moment to focus. I move my hands in a wave-like motion, and the shadows in the room begin to move closer to me. I can feel the shadows circling around me, I can feel their power, and they are mine to control. They gather behind me, and slowly start to form a giant dark ball. I move my hands as if I am shaping clay, and the ball slowly beings to take shape, changing from a featureless orb, to a giant black cat. This is what I'm good at. This is the only thing I'm good at.

The cat curls up around me, and glares at the two idiots in front of me. I raise up a hand to pet it, "...I d-d-don't care about your s-s-stupid name. You're all a bunch of b-b-b-ullies."

I point at Blood Red (Okay, that name is actually kinda cool), and the shadow cat charges forward, knocking all the booths in it's way. Eh, not like anything important is being lost. The cat lifts up it's giant paw, and swings it down on Blood Red, smacking her hard, and sends her flying right into my wall.

"...And bullies need to be taught a lesson."

quote:

<Hugzilla> Engaging Blood Red
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 8+3 = 11

Using one burn on Reality Storm, so I role engage using freak. It's going to cause significant collateral damage. Choosing to create an opportunity for my allies, and impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition.

Also, Yami trusts Spectra as team leader.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 15, 2016

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry

Hm. Did I go too far? Nah, she'll be fine, I think. A few broken bones don't matter that much, anyways. Oh, right, I should do something about that buzzsaw heading my way. I wave my hand up, and make a big shadow hand pop up from the ground in front of me. The hand grabs the buzzsaw with two fingers, stopping it in it's place. That was disappointingly easy.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Taking a powerful blow
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 3+1 = 4
Marking potential.

Hm, what should I do with the buzzsaw now? Maybe I can throw it back at Blood Red, use her own weapon against her. Oh, oh, I can say a cool line while I'm doing it, something like... "I hate to cut in. Heh. Or wait, what about "I guess you aren't cut out for this job!".

"....Heh...."

Sorry to kill your buzz. You never saw that coming.

"...Heh.... Heh.... Heh..... Hehehehehehehehehe."

....I'm doing the thing where I laugh at my own internal jokes again. I should stop doing that.

Where was I? Oh right, the saw. Yea, I don't think I actually need it. They're jerks, but I don't want to kill them, I'll just make the hand flick it away. Right, I should probably press the advantage now, or whatever, don't give Blood Red a chance to breath, and knock her out when I have the chance. Alright, I just gotta- wait. Are those people?

Ugh, are you for real? I made this barrier so I'd keep those annoying jerks outside of the fight! I should ignore them, focus on finishing Blood Red off, but- ugh, Spectra said saving civilians is a priority, and she is the leader, so I might as well do something. Fine, I'll just reshape the wall.

quote:

Using 2 burns to use Overcharge, which means I take an automatic 10+ for unleashing my powers.

I have to use my full concentration on this. Making the wall and maintaining it is hard enough, but reshaping it, changing it, that's even harder. I create a new wall in front of them, and lower the wall behind them. There, they should be safe, I think, unless there's more trapped idiots around.

I collapse to my knees. Ugh, that-that took a lot more out of me than I thought. I'm exhausted, and I can barely stand. My head is spinning and my breathing got a lot heavier. I forgot how much effort it took to keep control of my powers. I just need a moment to breath, and not lose consciousness. Maybe Blood Red will cut me a break?

"....Heh...."

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 18, 2016

• Locked thread