Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 0/5

Time - 4:45am
Location - Rainbow Garden, Spectra’s room

My alarm goes off. I promptly throw it against the wall, breaking it into a million little pieces. I groan as I realize what I've done. Tech Support has been getting on my case about doing this. Here comes another lecture…

I take one last look around my room before I leave it. When they asked me what I wanted it to look like, I just said like my then-current room with my parents. Modern, Japanese styling - a (rarely used) computer desk and shikibuton. Some of my favorite books on the wall, and some fight posters of the greats. And if you look closely, promotional posters of my orly two matches. I give them a little tap as I head out the door.

Time - 4:51am
Location - Rainbow Garden, Bathroom

I spray on some deodorant and spit out the last remnants of toothpaste as I tie my hair back into a ponytail. For now, my messy hair is a dazzling white - the new normal - and I'm going to try my best this morning to keep it that way.

Time - 5:26am
Location - Rainbow Garden, Courtyard

My morning laps around the manor completed, now I start the real workout. This is by far my favorite place in here - nobody really seemed interested so I converted some of the worn down features into training areas. Rock garden? Rock lifting! Rose bushes? Obstacle course! I'm trying to get the rest of them out here daily, but so far, only Nik has seemed willing, and that might just be because he has so much yet to learn.

I shrug it off - more for me - as I leap over some low walls I put up near the rhododendrons, then duck under the uneven bars and vault up the 10 foot wall. I hold my hands over my head and make mock cheering noises as if there's a crowd.

Time - 6:47am
Location - Rainbow Garden, Kitchen

Protein shaaaaaaaaaake!

Time - 6:54am
Location - Rainbow Garden, Outer Walls

My cool-down jog around the manor takes me close here to the edge of the grounds. From here, I can hear the noises if the city beyond, cars honking, people chatting.

It almost brings me down. Just thinking about how… how I will never have that kind of life. How it was all taken from me in an instant. Don't get me wrong, I love being powerful, I love being strong. But I can never go back to the real world out there, not anymore.

poo poo, I'm getting emotional and the sun is barely up. Better go start prepping for my day - training with the team, brushing up on current events and looming threats - oh! And trying out that new udon place downtown! I hear they have a special where if you eat 4 bowls, you get a fifth free!

Time - 12:32pm
Location - Rainbow Garden, Pool

I'm halfway through lap 46 when I hear my comm chirping. I quickly swim to the side and hop out, snapping the earpiece on as I go. In a few moments, I'm up to speed - action time!

I quickly bark out orders to the rest add I throw on some clothing - no time to dry my hair… whatever. “Alright guys and gals, let's beat these punks. Anybody know what event is going on at the Convention Center right now? It's probably packed. So - priority one, stay safe. Two, save people. Three, capture as many of these guys as possible. And let's try to limit property damage this time, okay? Anyways, six baddies means this will probably get chaotic fast, so make sure to send updates often and try to target the person your powers work best against.

I wince a little at that last piece of advice - I hope nobody recognizes that I stole it from last night's episode of Mega Zone Power Wrestling. Oh well.

I tie up my final shoelace, then rush out the door. My hair turns a bright ruby red as I take a few steps, then leap clear over the outer wall and land on the rooftop of a nearby apartment building. As I hop over gaps between buildings and exhaust fans, I can't help but start to get hyped for the upcoming fight. Sure, there's nothing like stepping into the boxing ring, but showing up to stop bad guys is a super close second. And I'm the team leader! I still can't believe the rest of them voted for me unanimously. Made me feel good, but also a little pressure. I've never felt like a team player, and now four other people are looking up to me for guidance.

Still, I like the challenge, and as I arrive at the convention center, I can't help but nod as I see Yami already setting up some of her walls, locking out civilians and limiting the damage that could potentially - okay, probably - happen. I give her a nod, “Good initiative!

That done, I turn to the Rainbow Enforcers. “Look, I'm going to make this easy on you. Give up now, and you all get to avoid spending the holidays in traction.

Provoke roll = 12
They all give up, right?

I don't really expect this to work, but hey! You never know! At least it's a fair warning. I've good a secret new move that I'm just dying to try out. Would be a shame to see it stay hidden until the next fight.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Oct 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Freak: +1 | Danger: +3 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 0/5

(1) Don't have Influence on everybody, (2) purpose stated in last post, (3) up to the rest of you, (4) seems like we're pretty prepared and on-balance

*C-Crack!*

My neck pops loudly as I twist it to the side in response to the display from our enemies. The blue swordsman and green... thingperson seem to be my targets - and I'm more than happy to take on the pair. "See, that's going to be a problem," I say as I give one last stretch with my hands over my head, then follow with a shout, "Because I'm not the kind to apologize for something that's your fault!"

I dash forward as my white hair explodes into a brilliant neon yellow. *Step* I reach over while I pass the display of some hero named Frisblade *Step* who apparently uses a frisbee lined with razor blades *Step* and who lent his weapon to the convention as a promotional stunt *Step* I rip it from its housing on a cardboard cutout of the man *Step* and send it launching towards Forest Green *Step* then I vault over another display *Step* grabbing a tentpole as I go *Step* and twirl it menacingly as I bring it down aimed at Ice Blue's head.

Punch Everyone - charging in without hedging my bets, Danger +1, Mundane -1
09:35 Ferg spectra directly engaging Ice Blue
09:35 Ferg .roll 2d6+3
09:35 Platonibot Ferg: 9 (2d6+3=4, 2)
Trade blows
In a china shop - going to cause significant collateral damage to choose two
Create an opportunity for my allies (Maybe Forest Green is distracted by the frisblade?)
Frighten the opposition

Ice Blue raises his sword to block the strike, but of course I had planned on him to do that. I abandon the tentpole and unleash my real attack. The yellow of my hair suddenly darkens, blossoming into a stunning ruby red, as I push off with my right foot and pivot with my left, spinning around and delivering a brutal kick directly into the ribcage of Blue. Even with his armor on, I can feel it crumple a bit as my foot smashes in, lifting him clear off the ground and sending him flying into subsequent convention displays.

As I lower my foot back to the ground, I tilt my head back and glance at Forest Green, "Yeah... and a 100 percent chance of eating your meals through a straw tomorrow."

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 14, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Freak: +1 | Danger: +3 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 1/5

08:31 Ferg spectra take a powerful blow
08:31 Ferg .roll 2d6
08:31 Platonibot Ferg: 4 (2d6=2, 2)
Marking potential

11:41 Ferg spectra directly engage forest green
11:42 Ferg .roll 2d6+3
11:42 Platonibot Ferg: 12 (2d6+3=5, 4)
11:42 Ferg this is too easy

I smile as Ice Blue moans from under the pile of broken tables and cardboard cutouts, but the joy is shortlived as a laser shoots from out of nowhere and scorches a spot just inches from where I was just standing. Forest Green! His laser bots fly around me in perfect formation, clearly intending a synchronized assault. I take a wide stance as they start to rotate faster and faster around me. I frown - I'll be the first to admit that ranged attackers usually have an advantage over me - but this guy can attack me from pretty much any angle he wants to, and can stay safely out of reach from my punches. If I want to get out of this unscathed, there's only one real option. I just need to memorize their pattern - and fast!

I drop down lower into my stance and brace for their shots. In a flash, they start to unload rapidly, sending lasers my way in a stunning display of firepower. But I'm fast - too fast! - and with leaps and bends, I manage to dodge every shot. The bots spin up faster, but now I know their attack pattern - don't think you can use the same attack on me twice, Green! Their second salvo is just as deadly, but this time, I'm jumping higher and flipping faster, and my plan soon becomes clear.

Boom!

Forest Green stares in shock as one of his bots explodes in mid-air. I smile wickedly, "You better work on your programming, Green - friendly fire's a bitch." He snarls and waves his hand, sending the drones into a bigger frenzy. But their final attack is two attacks too late, as my spinning and flipping causes them to only unload on themselves. I grin as the last machine falls to the ground with a satisfying crunch. Green looks at me in honest disbelief. I spin my arm as I walk towards him slowly, "Brains beat brute strength? Sure. But if you think that's all I am, you've got a lot of learning to do."

I reach him and flick him in the forehead, "Come on, got anything better than that?"

Take something from them - all of his bots
Surprise your opposition

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 19, 2016

• Locked thread