Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Why can't I load my other smaller trucks onto my bigger trucks?! AM I missing something? I have one dem big boys. I have a high saddle. I have a giant rear end drive up ramp trailer. Everytime I drive a truck onto it and change trucks it noclips through it and falls to the road. What the hell? I even tried heavy winching it up there. No go. I just wanna load all my trucks onto my giant truck to go to a new region! that has no refuel or garage

So I was trying to be prepared and taking my supplies with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Why can't I load my other smaller trucks onto my bigger trucks?! AM I missing something? I have one dem big boys. I have a high saddle. I have a giant rear end drive up ramp trailer. Everytime I drive a truck onto it and change trucks it noclips through it and falls to the road. What the hell? I even tried heavy winching it up there. No go. I just wanna load all my trucks onto my giant truck to go to a new region! that has no refuel or garage

So I was trying to be prepared and taking my supplies with me

It's possible to do it as long as you never change trucks, and if they do clip you have to separate them a bit to reset the hitbox it seems like. I got a paystar onto a lowboy and dragged a ck1500 behind with the winch.

Wish it was possible to pack trucks like cargo though.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

EDIT: This game actually is making me consider getting the season pass, but I think I will wait until I see how the first phase shakes up. I will buy extra maps, but not so much for extra vehicles.

The first patch will include a new map for Taymyr, so that's a good sign. American Wilds started out as an expansion for Mudrunner and that worked out well.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
When you're in automatic and you tap the clutch button the gear shift AI will redetermine the gear and often shift. You don't need to wait for it's dumbass to redline or bottom out. I'm actually happy to use auto again and less obsessed with using L2-L3-H as the most disappointing manual.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Anyone tried out the co-op for Snowrunners yet? I'm curious to see if it opens new possibilities up or just simply makes things go faster.

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
Coop is fun but not really necessary. It's, uh, Snowrunner but with other people playing too. Progress is tied to the host but you use your own trucks and keep any money you earn which is nice (not sure about experience). Most of my time with it has been everyone kind of messing around and exploring together, and occasionally embarking on disastrous rescue missions that end with three trucks upside down in a ravine. 10/10 would recommend

Side note, getting coop working was kind of a pain - I've got EGS linked to my Xbox Live account, which automatically added a bunch of XBL friends who don't have PC EGS accounts I guess? I couldn't find any of my actual friend's coop games until I deleted all the XBL friends from my EGS friend list.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

QuasiQuack posted:

It's possible to do it as long as you never change trucks, and if they do clip you have to separate them a bit to reset the hitbox it seems like. I got a paystar onto a lowboy and dragged a ck1500 behind with the winch.

Wish it was possible to pack trucks like cargo though.

No matter how much i try i cant get my trucks on to my ramperd trailer :smith: i bought the Kolab to haul and i wanna haul heavy dumb poo poo like my other trucks! Ill try with a buddy and his trucks since the trucks seem to only exist in our dimension when you're in it

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Working with multiple trucks turns off collision a lot of the time if there's two in the active area, the worst is pulling all your poo poo from a tree with a crane heavy, restacking the trailer and then all your cargo falls through the trailer when you drive your hauler back over to pack it.(it does this every time it's not random please learn from my dumbass mistake)

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

My heavy duty international kept falling through terrain when there was another truck present, and eventually kept falling through the garage floor too. Then I tried to spawn it and it was an unholy abomination of jammed together parts with no cab.

I sold the truck and re-bought it and haven't had problems since.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Are all those physics bugs on PC?

I've only had one problem like that on PS4, trailers move by themselves upon finding them for the first time. I think Sabre knew about this one as loaded found trailers are all sideboard or quad-axle log trailers so cargo stays in the thing as it slowly falls over onto one side.

Not that the game is stable on PS4. It crashes about every thirty minutes. I think they knew about that one, too. The autosave system is aggressive.

The next patch gives us console players usable mirrors. Yay, no more hanging out the window in cockpit view.

Zedprime: I think I got down turning a steerable trailer around, with your help. They are the same movements as turning a semi-trailer around "in place". Still have no idea how Euro truckers back them straight in. Where am I going to find someone stupid enough to let me try it out IRL?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I'm really hoping they add a way to delete trucks and trailers because my map is getting littered with clones. At every tunnel entrance there's a fleet of vehicles just hanging out. I've had to run some into rivers and dense forest just so they're not so in the way.
I don't want to sell them either since it would destroy my economical progression. :v:

And regarding previous discussion: here's how I traveled to Drummond Island :clint:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

QuasiQuack posted:

I'm really hoping they add a way to delete trucks and trailers because my map is getting littered with clones. At every tunnel entrance there's a fleet of vehicles just hanging out. I've had to run some into rivers and dense forest just so they're not so in the way.
I don't want to sell them either since it would destroy my economical progression. :v:

And regarding previous discussion: here's how I traveled to Drummond Island :clint:

I like the way you think!

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Trying to get my friend to play with me, he's bought and installed the game and is just getting error ls-0013 from the epic store. After doing the verify thing and that not working, we've tried uninstalling/reinstalling both game and launcher, but it hasn't worked. Epic say it's gonna take 11+ days to get back to his support request. This is the only epic store game I own, so I don't know what troubleshooting to do. Anyone got any suggestions?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Did you try running the Epic launcher as administrator or apparently ensuring that run as Admin is unchecked?(if it's one way try the other) It looks like that error can be caused by permission issues.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 07:25 on May 7, 2020

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Question about the trailers on the maps: Can I safely sell them at the trailer store, unless I immediately have a use for them or if they are a related to a task?

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Hub Cat posted:

Did you try running the Epic launcher as administrator or apparently ensuring that run as Admin is unchecked?(if it's one way try the other) It looks like that error can be caused by permission issues.

I did. It didn't work.

We fixed it by completely uninstalling the game and launcher, messing around in /appdata to make sure everything was gone, and then reinstalling. Didn't work the first time, but worked the second time with both launcher and game on system drive.

In the mean time I was loving around on my PC trying to figure out what was different I've deleted my save.

But eh, game's fun. Starting again.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Unlucky7 posted:

Question about the trailers on the maps: Can I safely sell them at the trailer store, unless I immediately have a use for them or if they are a related to a task?

The mission specific ones can't be sold, but you can safely sell any other trailer you find. If you're ok with theft. :bahgawd:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Guh, I think I may have answered my question, but I just learned that several of these map trailers are already preloaded. I was wondering how to get to get a big rig over to that drat warehouse in the first area of Michigan in order to get the supplies for some of these tasks, but turns out that may be moot, for the moment at least...

Question, I sold the flatbed trailer in the first area of Alaska, in the garage area. Did that have anything preloaded on it that I may have inadvertently nuked? :v: I don't recall anything being on it, but I want to be sure

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:53 on May 7, 2020

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

I had a similar issue solved in a similar way with Control, I shouldn't have edited it out of my post I guess but I didn't want to create more issues if they had other games installed. :rip: your save.

Unlucky7 posted:

Should be safe to sell to sell if they're on the map, trailers are infinite cargo is infinite and you don't lose money anywhere. Task trailers don't seem to activate until you can need them.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 7, 2020

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Unlucky7 posted:

You can sell all empty trailers that you find. If the trailer has a load on it it's usually because there is a mission nearby where you need to deliver stuff that is on the trailer. It's not required to use those trailers, it's just a "shortcut". If the trailer is a "curtainsider" (no visible cargo, just a green tarp) then it is part of a mission. On some maps (Michigan) there are many fully loaded fuel trailers around, you can use those to refuel unless there is a mission marker right by them that tells you to deliver the trailer somewhere. Those fueltrailers are usually located deep inside a swamp or shallow river though.

One thing to look out for is when you get a mission to deliver cargo, check the map carefully because there might be the "pick up" icon over a trailer somewhere that is much closer to the delivery point than it would be to pick up the cargo from a warehouse or factory.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

QuasiQuack posted:

The mission specific ones can't be sold, but you can safely sell any other trailer you find. If you're ok with theft. :bahgawd:

I have been assuming that they're my trailers, left there by past me, who was a loving idiot.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
If any PC goons are interested, one of us has created a Snowrunner discord! He posted in the Truck Sim megathread so I wanted to cross-post it here.

Michaellaneous posted:

What's your Discord ID, if you wanna play together?

e: If goons are looking to play Snowrunner, I made a dedicated Goonrunner server:

https://discord.gg/mdf8cQX

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Also! Pay close attention if a contract wants you to deliver a “Maintenance Trailer” because they want a specific one on the map, not one you just bought.

I’m still mad about this.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The task and contract UIX is trash but I have two rules now to work around.

Sometimes you need to use an exact something or other. Also sometimes if it's just materials there might be trailers nearby. You can check both of these by always highlighting the requirement in the map to see where your options are. This isn't perfect when there's multiple sources unfortunately and you also need to look at the different pickup points then.

The task headings don't seem to make it clear if the first header is a prereq or not. So always track it and see if your heads up tracker gives you everything or just the first piece. If it's just the first piece it's a prereq and you need to do it first.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

TjyvTompa posted:

It's not required to use those trailers, it's just a "shortcut".

I took a fuel trailer to the town center and it wouldn't take it. :( I guess I have to figure out a way all the way across the map to the one that is highlighted.

quote:

If the trailer is a "curtainsider" (no visible cargo, just a green tarp) then it is part of a mission.

Well no wonder I couldn't sell the drat thing.

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Also! Pay close attention if a contract wants you to deliver a “Maintenance Trailer” because they want a specific one on the map, not one you just bought.

I’m still mad about this.

Ah! Thanks for this, then.

AnimalChin fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 10, 2020

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Finished Michigan contracts tonight. Will come back for tasks eventually but excited to get into Alaska and start slip sliding on ice.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Do you get anything for finishing an area's contracts?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

Do you get anything for finishing an area's contracts?
All the status icons colored in on the region select screen.

So really nothing important if you were expecting trucks or upgrades.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

The satisfaction of a job well done, you unappreciative jerk.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is there a way to view what is actually stored on a trailer? I know you can generally tell by the icons but I have seen 2 different items with the same icon (Specifically Consumables and Service Spare Parts).

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Unlucky7 posted:

Is there a way to view what is actually stored on a trailer? I know you can generally tell by the icons but I have seen 2 different items with the same icon (Specifically Consumables and Service Spare Parts).
The mission pickup icon seems like the most practical. If you are tracking mission for one or the other, the pickup icon will let you know if it's the one you need.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Are the main story missions the ones with the little globe icons next to them?

Biggest nag I have is there is just too much to do mission wise.

Also, do you have a good way of knowing what type of attachment a trailer might need before leaving to grab it? Worst frustration was driving to a trailer with a saddle low only to find it needs a saddle high. I wish this was easier.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Contracts with a globe usually have a bit of a building thing going on when finishing. They also roll up to the map status you see when changing maps. I guess that makes them main. Contracts to open depots and tasks to build bridges are my priority when getting to a map though.

The contract or task usually mentions the hitch you need when it comes to special trailers. But rule of thumb is no semi- qualifier is a simple hitch including curtainsiders, semi- trailers use saddle low, the super special contract trailers are saddle high, and I don't think you find them around the map really but heavy semi- use saddle high.

Oh and scout are ball hitch to scouts only.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Oddly Specific Niche Simulator

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

Oddly Specific Niche Simulator

I tried it but it feels a little too early access to me. Not a lot of diversity in gameplay.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Blind Rasputin posted:

Are the main story missions the ones with the little globe icons next to them?

Biggest nag I have is there is just too much to do mission wise.

Also, do you have a good way of knowing what type of attachment a trailer might need before leaving to grab it? Worst frustration was driving to a trailer with a saddle low only to find it needs a saddle high. I wish this was easier.

The missions with the globe next to them are an indicator that you'll have to traverse multiple areas of a region to complete the mission. :eng101:

And like the other goon mentioned above, scout trailers are for scout vehicles, regular trailers are just the normal bumper pull affair, semi-trailers require the low saddle, and heavy semi-trailers require the high saddle. If it's a big trailer for a mission you can probably bet it takes the high saddle, but if it's a regular semi-trailer hanging around the map you'll be fine with the low saddle.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
There's a bunch of globes that are single map, especially when you start repairing the pipeline in Alaska.

It just tells you which contracts complete the 3 global progression things you can see from the region select menu:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Completed Michigan in Snowrunner. Now on to Alaska. Game looks a bit better imo if you disable volumetric fog btw, there's still fog it's just not looking washed out all the time.

Also holy hell gave Stormworks a try and so far it seems like the Kerbal Space Program of Coast Guard Simulators.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Pishtaco posted:

Going to pimp my own one, A Painted Ocean : https://thapen.itch.io/painted-ocean

It's a Napoleonic-era frigate simulator. Barebones, but you can sail anywhere in the world and there is a year of weather. And lots of sails.

This is super belated, but this is really cool. Super interesting also reading through the discussions of sailing physics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Now that I have all the findable trucks in N. America, truckception is a go. So far we have a sideboard GMC with a Scout 800 in back, towing a ramped bumper-pull trailer with a flatbed Fleetstar on it and a Silverado on top. The whole combo only starts moving in low+ and diffs locked, but from there you can go into auto. Lots of shifting down to manage speed. It really doesn't turn or stop, but in a straight line no one can touch me. Pia to set up, none of the vehicles have rooftop winch points for the crane so you have to get lined up and lift up and over. Guess our little guy isn't much of a rigger. Too bad the large Pacific can't seem to climb onto a heavy trailer.

The GMC is by far my favorite truck. I feel like starting a new game and just duplicating 5-6 of them and trying to complete the game that way.
The temptation to use the duplication glitch is strong, but I've limited it to copying the GMC so there's one off-road truck and one on-road truck with highway trans.