Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
As I see it, the main question to ask yourself before you watch this is "Am I a classical music fan with a particular interest in 18th and 19th century European dead white guys y/n?" If your answer is "yyyyy" (like mine is), this is FANTASTIC. If your answer is "yeah well I kind of like classical music I guess" then this is still pretty good. If you say "Ludwig lol what a stupid name" then keep on walkin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

I had to look up who Badarzewska was. I'm weak on Polish composers, it seems. Tchaikovsky being female does make some sense since the real article was gay. Still wondering about Liszt though.

I like how Bach is apparently the godfather of the Classicaloid mafia.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Can anyone suss out any reason they made Beethoven so obsessed with gyoza ...? Dude apparently tried cooking once after firing his housekeeper and was so bad at it that he rehired her the next day.

That could very well be the joke. He's not exactly having a lot of successes.

Also, I can imagine the writer(s) discussing what sort of utterly mundane food would be funniest to be utterly passionate about (and to scream the name of when failed). GYOOOOZAAAA

Strange Quark posted:

I'm not so sure you should be equating sexuality and gender, man.

No, you're right, I was just trying (poorly) to figure out the writers' thought process.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Next week's episode is titled "Mountain King." Are we getting Grieg, too? I didn't even realize I wanted Grieg but now I want that very much.

• Locked thread