Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

1. Asiina
  2. BottleKnight
  3. CapitalistPig
  4. DickBastardly
  5. fiery_valkyrie
  6. King Burgundy
  7. Podima
  8. Poison Mushroom
  9. Propaganda Machine
  10. Quidthulhu
  11. SirSamVimes
  12. Snooze Cruise
  13. TMMadman

The Deadly Departed
Poison Mushroom, The Dreaming Darkly, Monster Mason died night one!
BottleKnight, Howard Wolfman AKA DogBallz69, Monster Bulletproof Miller was lynched day two!
Podima, Castor the Vampire Lord, Monster Tactician was executed day three!
SirSamVimes, The Witch of Walding Pond, Monster Innocent died night three!
Fiery_Valkyrie, Gerald “Many Eyes” Flitch, Third Inspector of the Bluecloaks died night three!
Propaganda Machine, Judy Graves, Monster Necromancer was modkilled for an honest mistake that could have happened to anyone day four!

When the first mage brought arcane fire to bear on the ghouls and shades that plagued mankind, that was the beginning of the end of the golden era of monsters. They laughed at first; soft pink prey wielding the power of creation was beyond ridiculous.

Then, they started to vanish, much like the children they had taken from beds, or woodsmen who ventured too deep into the unknown. The handful of magi turned into dozens, spreading light across the nooks and crannies of old Europe. Those who couldn’t flee fought, sometimes killing entire schools and forever extinguishing whatever secrets those august institutions possessed. However, for every ten that were killed, a hundred more sprung up to take their place. Whereas it might take a spirit centuries to master its power, mankind bred like rodents. Eventually the quiet, dark corners of the world were few, and monsterkind fled to the New World.

For a while, there was peace and blood aplenty. But then, as they always did, mankind followed, pushing back the darkness in mass. Some fed off the slaughter of conflict, but even then the world was growing smaller. In the dawn of the modern era, word spread of a land where those able to flee and too weak to fight could hide out, the backwoods of the world. Australia.

Opposed to the ancient traditions of Europe, the practiced science of the East, or the spirit of the Americas, Australia had its own, quiet power, one that was not ready for the evil that fell upon it. But then, out of the darkness came three schools of magic, three lanterns in the night. The schools were Murhalx, Glinrow, and The Bleak Monastery, but all monsters knew them by one name. The most foolhardy, brave, or cunning among them stepped into the darkness, fighting back with powers beyond reckoning. Monsters cursed these beings, but to a one, they came to know and fear their

This is a Mafia game for thirteen players.

Players

1. Snooze Cruise
2. TMMadman
3. PMach
4. Cpig
5. King Burgundy
6. Quidthulhu
7. Asiina
8. Poison Mushroom
9. Fiery_Valkyrie
10. Dick Bastardly
11. SirSamVimes
12. Podima
13. BottleKnight

Rules

1. Don't be a dickhead. If you are being a dickhead you may be modkilled.

2. Seriously, don't be rude.

3. Don't edit your posts.

4. Don't copy any direct communication from me. Don't share your direct role pm with anyone, including players you have oot communication with. :(

5. You can only post :ghost: when you die. Nothing else, at all. :siren: Really. :siren:

6. Don't post after the hammer.

7. Don't fake day actions. No warnings, first time is a modkill.

This game is going to be Fun! It is about wizards fighting monsters. There will be some experimental roles.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Me

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll play.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm finalizing the role design. This is going to be a Good Game.

(also apparently a role madness)

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 8, 2016

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
ok

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
In

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Role Madness yay.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Put me in please?!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
yay somber game

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I always prefer smaller games.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Somber game set in Australia? Sign me the gently caress up.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Somber game set in Australia? Sign me the gently caress up.

oh drat, hi fv! Super excited to have you.

this is gonna be great.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
I would like to play.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Harold Krell posted:

I would like to play.

I will tentatively accept your signup as this is a game about monsters, but if I receive more than one complaint telling me that this is a bad idea I will reconsider.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I feel like it's very possible that Krell joining may just be the same as the game starting on Night 0, with one less player. So maybe account for that?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Is three Mafia games too many to be involved in simultaneously?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Harold Krell posted:

I would like to play.

This is a great idea

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DickBastardly posted:

Is three Mafia games too many to be involved in simultaneously?
Not if the only thing you do is shitpost!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Not if the only thing you do is shitpost!

Noted, count me in!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
:cripes:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Also digging the everlasting PM confusion. We're a fun trio.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Propaganda Machine posted:

Also digging the everlasting PM confusion. We're a fun trio.
:toot:

PM should PM PM about PM!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That's why I always use PMach, PMush or PMom.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Although often forget which gender to use for PMach. I know PMom is he/him and PMush is she/her.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm a genderbendish girl in realsies, but I can't be bothered to give a poo poo about pronouns.

She will do.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I'm a genderbendish girl in realsies, but I can't be bothered to give a poo poo about pronouns.

She will do.

I think I usually go with she/her, but sometimes I'm go, "Wait, I don't think that's right" and end up using he/him for you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
well krell i received three complaints in pretty short order so sorry, you are booted out of this internet party game about monsters and wizards. i wish you luck in future mafia.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I wanna play some mafs

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TMMadman posted:

I think I usually go with she/her, but sometimes I'm go, "Wait, I don't think that's right" and end up using he/him for you.

Yeah, and it makes sense and it's not generally worth correcting. I have neither Melisandre as my avatar, nor :sparkles: :sun: in my Totally Town TM posts.

It's the loving internet. If anybody cares, they probably shouldn't be on SA, anyway.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, and it makes sense and it's not generally worth correcting. I have neither Melisandre as my avatar, nor :sparkles: :sun: in my Totally Town TM posts.

It's the loving internet. If anybody cares, they probably shouldn't be on SA, anyway.

I completely agree. Internet screen names can be entirely misleading or genderless, so getting upset if someone uses the wrong pronouns is a waste of energy. Either offer a simple "I'm the other gender" comment or let it slide.

When I don't know someones gender, I tend to just revert to he mostly because I'm a guy and it's one letter shorter.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

well krell i received three complaints in pretty short order so sorry, you are booted out of this internet party game about monsters and wizards. i wish you luck in future mafia.

Poor Krell. :(

He actually posted during D1 in Vigilante 8 and was completely right about Ecco, but he still got lynched first.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Put me in, please!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TMMadman posted:

When I don't know someones gender, I tend to just revert to he mostly because I'm a guy and it's one letter shorter.

gently caress you and your microaggressions :v:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

:biotruths:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress you and your microaggressions :v:

Hahaha. I'll just with 'it' from now on! :v:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TMMadman posted:

Hahaha. I'll just with 'it' from now on! :v:

zhe and zir, I believe

oh god why do I even know this

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
FYI I will be out of town this coming weekend and pretty much unable to play from Friday midday through Sunday midday. If this is a problem, please feel free to withdraw my signup!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

zhe and zir, I believe

oh god why do I even know this

I should just go with them/their/they, but it's too many letters!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Podima posted:

FYI I will be out of town this coming weekend and pretty much unable to play from Friday midday through Sunday midday. If this is a problem, please feel free to withdraw my signup!

Life finds a way, you're good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

She will do.

Me, PM, PM (but not the other PM) and Asiina for all girl scum team plz.

• Locked thread