Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Hmmmm. I think it should be ##vote Snooze. She keeps pushing people to vote for PMush (including threatening Dick with a vig), but she's not voting for PMush.

Hmmm. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

There are at least a couple of things I want to respond to in this, but I'm going to focus on one initially so it doesn't get missed again.

Please explain to me, using my words, how I did this. Although I am pro lurker destruction, I have not sought a lurker cuddle this game. And have actively fought against the one example of that that has been put forth.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Quid, my point - and case - was that PMush took way too long to talk herself into voting BK for it to be a genuine opinion. Her posts as a whole have been hella hedgey and self-conscious. Also, more pertinently, I don't believe her unconfirmed mason claim in a role madness game.

Also also you have now called me out separately for making posts that were too long and posts that were too short. Make up your mind.

CPig was your daycop real or a CPig Cop Funny Joke?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Podima posted:

I'd think it would be obvious at this point

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh NVM I see he gave up on that. Fool me once...

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votefinder is back up btw.

Votecount for Day 1

Poison Mushroom (5): Propaganda Machine, Propaganda Machine, Podima, BottleKnight, CapitalistPig, Propaganda Machine, DickBastardly, Snooze Cruise, DickBastardly
BottleKnight (3): Podima, Podima, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, SirSamVimes
Snooze Cruise (2): TMMadman, Quidthulhu
SirSamVimes (1): Asiina, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Podima (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Quidthulhu (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
fiery_valkyrie (0): SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes
CapitalistPig (0): Poison Mushroom, BottleKnight, Poison Mushroom, BottleKnight
King Burgundy (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
TMMadman (0): King Burgundy, Asiina, King Burgundy, Asiina, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu

Not Voting (2): DickBastardly, fiery_valkyrie

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 12th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 3 minutes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CapitalistPig posted:

I'd think it would be obvious at this point

My day vig on the other hand is real and powerful

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

what even is the PMush case? why the hell is she at -1? Did I miss it? People just seem to be voting her?

This feels like normal Pmush to me.

I'm not seeing her as scum at the moment.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

My feeling too. I don't agree with Snooze's case and I don't remember anyone else's reasons (so they can't have been compelling)

Have you decided who is scummy yet?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

King Burgundy posted:

Have you decided who is scummy yet?

Fv said in our mason doc you are and i should use my day vig on you

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DickBastardly posted:

Birds of a feather, flock together.

##vote Pmush

mafia edit: I'm dumb at embedding images apparently.

Explain how you came to the point that you decided to vote PMush here, please.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I could see a FV lynch. She has been very non-committal.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hour until deadline.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

capps also allegedly has a case but i want her to show me what it is rather than just championing the fact that she has taken someone to -1.

capps are you SK?

I don't like the SK call out here. Scum thing.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

capps also allegedly has a case but i want her to show me what it is rather than just championing the fact that she has taken someone to -1.

capps are you SK?

Quidthulhu posted:

I ask because you're laissez-fairing all over the place and don't really seem to care how you look or if the person you dunk is a badman, you seem fairly giddy that you're close to getting someone ded

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote pbs

You can't possibly be serious with this callout/vote.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
mafia edit: lol

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

Oh whoops lmao
##vote pmush
Bad case tho

Capps, what are you saying is a bad case?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Fv said in our mason doc you are and i should use my day vig on you

Are you claiming you are also a mason?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

Capps, what are you saying is a bad case?

No she's saying my case is bad.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Podima posted:

Quid, my point - and case - was that PMush took way too long to talk herself into voting BK for it to be a genuine opinion. Her posts as a whole have been hella hedgey and self-conscious. Also, more pertinently, I don't believe her unconfirmed mason claim in a role madness game.

Also also you have now called me out separately for making posts that were too long and posts that were too short. Make up your mind.

Are you referencing what I just said re: your not reading in context and pulling things out? Because you seem to be ignoring that. e.g. you just skipped over it and jumped on the easy "quid jumping to weird conclusions" posts

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I just reread her post history and I agree with this.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

I just reread her post history and I agree with this.

Clicked the little question mark again huh Pod???

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

I don't like the SK call out here. Scum thing.

I highly doubt quid is scum at this point.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Yup. She's on my list.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Podima PBS is annoying me by not playing and might still be an uninvolved 3p but Podima is actively misrepresenting things while pretending to be involved and that is scummy as hell

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Are you referencing what I just said re: your not reading in context and pulling things out? Because you seem to be ignoring that. e.g. you just skipped over it and jumped on the easy "quid jumping to weird conclusions" posts

I'm responding to this:

Quidthulhu posted:

Furthermore, the only actual case I am seeing is Podima's, which is a single quote "press the ?" delineation to make a point of how it looks "fake." It's weak, and I don't think it makes sense when you actually put her quotes in context of her and BK responding to each other, starting from where BK discusses his CPig vote:

PMush, from my point of view, is justified in feeling this way about BK, and BK is full of crap. Futhermore, I do not see what Podima is doing making a case on a "slow burn" away from a...fake opinion initially? Podima is also full of crap here.

You and I are interpreting the BK/PMush interaction differently, is what it comes down to.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

SSV

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Clicked the little question mark again huh Pod???

Are you for real jumping on me for reading this game? Get over yourself.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

You and I are interpreting the BK/PMush interaction differently, is what it comes down to.

Are we? In what way? All you've really discussed is that PMush is being fake, but haven't said why, saying "the quotes speak for themselves" basically by just laying them out there with no commentary. Now you are sitting here saying "well we interpreted it differently." I would love to know why you feel that way, since you aren't sharing with the class.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I highly doubt quid is scum at this point.

Yeah, I'm leaning town because he said a few things I don't follow, which I associate with Town Quid. But that post bothered me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

Are you for real jumping on me for reading this game? Get over yourself.

I don't believe you are doing this, no.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This should say "SSV too" in regards to "not playing the game and that irritating me"

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

I don't believe you are doing this, no.

Speaking seriously here - please don't insult me. I don't sign up for games I'm not going to put effort into, and the fact that you're going down this road means you have picked the wrong tunnel target.

Why do you think I'm not reading this game? Summarize and point to specifics.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

King Burgundy posted:

There are at least a couple of things I want to respond to in this, but I'm going to focus on one initially so it doesn't get missed again.

Please explain to me, using my words, how I did this. Although I am pro lurker destruction, I have not sought a lurker cuddle this game. And have actively fought against the one example of that that has been put forth.

Regarding the post in which I "fish" Pmush, I honestly had an impulsive suspicion that the reason she "had reasons to be really want to get invested in this game" had something to do with a meta-feud with BK for the way I perceived her going after him at the time. But after re-reading a bit, that doesn't make sense since she made statements against voting for meta reasons, which really should've been obvious to me however it didn't occur to me at the time. By the way, this question I posed for her to elaborate had nothing to do with her role so I don't see how that is fishing based on what I assume to be your definition of fishing is. Now, my definition of fishing has a broader scope than of simply ascertaining a player's role, however I can see the flaw in using that term to describe one's questioning of a player for anything more than that so I will probably not throw that term around as loosley moving forward, especially when it has scum shade attached.

Simply advocating a style of play is as good as playing it, especially if you can motivate others to play that style. This is in regard to your advocacy of D1 lurkercide. If you could prompt a lurker bandwagon without directly participating in it well... that social engineering at it finest, and what are scum but social engineers?

mafia e: I forgot to quote KB for context

Dick Bastardly fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 13, 2016

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DickBastardly posted:

Regarding the post in which I "fish" Pmush, I honestly had an impulsive suspicion that the reason she "had reasons to be really want to get invested in this game" had something to do with a meta-feud with BK for the way I perceived her going after him at the time. But after re-reading a bit, that doesn't make sense since she made statements against voting for meta reasons, which really should've been obvious to me however it didn't occur to me at the time. By the way, this question I posed for her to elaborate had nothing to do with her role so I don't see how that is fishing based on what I assume to be your definition of fishing is. Now, my definition of fishing has a broader scope than of simply ascertaining a player's role, however I can see the flaw in using that term to describe one's questioning of a player for anything more than that so I will probably not throw that term around as loosley moving forward, especially when it has scum shade attached.

Simply advocating a style of play is as good as playing it, especially if you can motivate others to play that style. This is in regard to your advocacy of D1 lurkercide. If you could prompt a lurker bandwagon without directly participating in it well... that social engineering at it finest, and what are scum but social engineers?

Who is this post even directed at?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

Speaking seriously here - please don't insult me. I don't sign up for games I'm not going to put effort into, and the fact that you're going down this road means you have picked the wrong tunnel target.

Why do you think I'm not reading this game? Summarize and point to specifics.

I'm not trying to insult you personally, but scum don't read as closely as town, or they fake reads, or they cherry pick stuff to make cases. I am saying you are not reading in a scummy manner. I think this is evidenced by your:

-initial case on PMush being cherry picked quotes you say speak for themselves
-your dismissal of my callout of that being based on the fact that you read BK/Pmush's interaction differently, although you didn't show that to be the case initially, since your initial case was based purely on PMush's words
-your distraction here towards my being tunnelvisioned, insulting, etc. when you could easily just explain what it was you initially saw that doesn't line up with my reading of their back and forth in context.

Since you aren't doing that, aren't I to assume here that you weren't reading carefully and DID cherry pick PMush's words to "speak for themselves," and now have no legs to stand on with this case?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

TMMadman posted:

I like that you're feeling things out here, not going out on a limb and actually moving your vote until you feel like you've got some back up. That way when I flip town you don't come off as the ringleader.

##vote TMM

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Dick don't edit your posts

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

DickBastardly posted:

hahaha. So to be clear, you are saying that my advocating of a strategy of culling lurkers when you don't have a scummy target, is MORE scummy, then someone actually going after someone they themselves think is a lurker cuddle?

Like to be clear here, BK is calling his cuddle of Cpig a lurker cuddle and isn't planning on scum hunting today. That is less scummy? I want to make sure I fully understand your perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Podima posted:

Explain how you came to the point that you decided to vote PMush here, please.

I felt BK and Pmach's cases against were good at the time, and I had major scum vibes for KB so the voting correlation legitimized it in my mind. But Quid made a pretty good case for Pmush's defense, so I re-evaluated my vote. I really don't know what the gently caress is going on now, and probably will no-vote and start anew D2.

• Locked thread