Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It's a bit awkward to correct in thread, but in a mafia doc it can be done in a quick aside.

But this of course requires the scum team to a. Care enough to do so and b. Not notice i have been paying attention to this

So not really something you can clear anyone on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I dunno, if I was corrected about someone's gender in a scumdoc I'd keep getting it wrong deliberately until corrected in thread so it doesn't look like I've suddenly gained information out of thread.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

mafia edit: I think I may have actually done this in a game? Can't remember for sure.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

SirSamVimes posted:

I dunno, if I was corrected about someone's gender in a scumdoc I'd keep getting it wrong deliberately until corrected in thread so it doesn't look like I've suddenly gained information out of thread.

doubt it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SirSamVimes posted:

Yeah that is what I'm saying with b, but also most of the mistakes began very late at the end of day 1 if i remember correctly

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote snooze

for the whole end-of-day 1 support the dumb noob loving everything up thing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Can you please link that, k thanks

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
It was clear that you were supporting a no lynch by trying to further engage my bad for town posting and logic.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Uh huh how do you figure that?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Like got any good quotes?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to ##vote BK right now. BK is saying I'm scum because I used the full term 'Monster Tracker' in my PM plus my post about thinking PMach is suspicious. In his vote post here:

BottleKnight posted:

Also this post is really bad. TMM is just throwing the lightest possible shade without actually calling anyone scummy.

I believe that TMM knows what Dick's role is, or an aspect of it, and that Dick is probably town. But I think he is clearing Dick as an attempt for the thread not to grab onto this:

DickBastardly posted:

I targeted TMM with my night action, which was successful, and given the nature of his description of his night action, he's lying.. or leaving something out.

##vote TMM

That whole last part about clearing Dick to stop the thread from looking at his post is complete bullshit since I directly addressed Dick about his post.

Also, the way he acted around the end of D1 just doesn't sit right with me. I think it's a bit of a stretch to call Innocent Child an important role:

BottleKnight posted:

yeah, when people claim important town poo poo 3 min before deadline I don't really give a poo poo, nolynching D1 is always awful.

Sure it's nice to have someone get confirmed at a certain point, but it's not exactly a role I'd go claiming just before the deadline to try and save myself.

And finally, it should also be noted that his miller claim came before the sample flip that Somber provided.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So you are working off the assumption we are both telling the truth tmm or something else happened with night actions?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I mean, my role name is Monster Innocent so I see nothing wrong with a claim of Monster Tracker. In fact, now that I think about it BK throwing shade out for the claim of "Monster X" makes me kinda suspicious of BK too.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It's kinda a silly argument in either direction in my opinion

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Also, the way he acted around the end of D1 just doesn't sit right with me. I think it's a bit of a stretch to call Innocent Child an important role:

Sure it's nice to have someone get confirmed at a certain point, but it's not exactly a role I'd go claiming just before the deadline to try and save myself.

:shepface:

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Others were calling me scummy for wanting to lynch someone who claimed a town role. I found that stupid, but assumed that the claim must have been important for all of you to want to not lynch Vimes.

TMMadman posted:

And finally, it should also be noted that his miller claim came before the sample flip that Somber provided.

You're really just throwing poo poo at the wall in this case and seeing what sticks.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I'm going to ##vote BK right now. BK is saying I'm scum because I used the full term 'Monster Tracker' in my PM plus my post about thinking PMach is suspicious. In his vote post here:

That whole last part about clearing Dick to stop the thread from looking at his post is complete bullshit since I directly addressed Dick about his post.

Like, seriously, look at this case. What part of it actually says I'm scummy? He doesn't come to one conclusion here.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Like, seriously, look at this case. What part of it actually says I'm scummy? He doesn't come to one conclusion here.

Yeah, this is a scum BK reaction right here.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

So you are working off the assumption we are both telling the truth tmm or something else happened with night actions?

Honestly, I'm just not sure.

Also, I do think it's time to say who I did target last night, which was FV. I was hoping to see more posting from her today.

I targeted her because of her reaction to SSV's flavor claim about being a witch. It just felt off to me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, this is a scum BK reaction right here.

I'm just appalled at your incredibly weak OMGUS.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I'm just appalled at your incredibly weak OMGUS.

It's not an OMGUS. Your case on me is a complete fabrication.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

It's not an OMGUS. Your case on me is a complete fabrication.

:ironicat:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

TMMadman posted:

Honestly, I'm just not sure.

Also, I do think it's time to say who I did target last night, which was FV. I was hoping to see more posting from her today.

I targeted her because of her reaction to SSV's flavor claim about being a witch. It just felt off to me.

Off in what way? Because when I know that the monsters are the good guys and the mages are the bad guys, someone claiming witch is a big surprise.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't see fv as an unlikely target for poison to mason with

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Like got any good quotes?

Ok

Snooze Cruise posted:

Hmm great point pod, answer?

this was a response to this

DickBastardly posted:

Anyone who pushes for a vote... ANY VOTE mind you, not a specific vote, but any vote, is scum to me.

##vote pod

Which I posted after Pod, rightfully so, tried to push me to vote to avoid no lynch I assume. At that time Pmush was in the collective crosshairs.

Snooze Cruise posted:

I dunno guys.... Dick got a point

This came after all the "Dick you idiot, vote with the majority" posts.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh wait you target fv, that's not who they visited

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

I don't see fv as an unlikely target for poison to mason with

What does this even mean? I didn't track someone to FV, I tracked FV to someone.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DickBastardly posted:

Ok

Which I posted after Pod, rightfully so, tried to push me to vote to avoid no lynch I assume. At that time Pmush was in the collective crosshairs.

Hmm wow that is really good

*snickers*

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TMMadman posted:

What does this even mean? I didn't track someone to FV, I tracked FV to someone.

Yeah i got confused

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

DickBastardly posted:

Ok

I read both of Capps posts as sarcasm. Familiarity with people's playing style can definitely lead to different (but not necessarily correct) interpretations.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Off in what way? Because when I know that the monsters are the good guys and the mages are the bad guys, someone claiming witch is a big surprise.

Well, my first thought is that a witch is a monster. I think of the traditional green skinned witch.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Dick got a point is for sure not a joke

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Well, my first thought is that a witch is a monster. I think of the traditional green skinned witch.

Ok, well that's definitely not even close to where my mind went (and I certainly wouldn't call that "traditional"). To me mage and witch are fairly interchangeable terms.

So, now that you've revealed that I was your track target, no surprise there, what do you want? Me to reveal where I went or you to reveal where I went.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Snooze Cruise posted:

Dick got a point is for sure not a joke

I think dicks having points is a great joke actually.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also yeah witch reads as monster to me. Like my flavor is could be read a bit magey, but I'm still monsterous

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think dicks having points is a great joke actually.

And this is the type of humor i enjoy because it has double meaning from my perspective

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ok, well that's definitely not even close to where my mind went (and I certainly wouldn't call that "traditional"). To me mage and witch are fairly interchangeable terms.

So, now that you've revealed that I was your track target, no surprise there, what do you want? Me to reveal where I went or you to reveal where I went.

You should go ahead and reveal now. When I see your answer, I'll reveal why I wanted you to go first.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

You should go ahead and reveal now. When I see your answer, I'll reveal why I wanted you to go first.

I visited Sam.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Don't vote for me because I just like to joke around. Was your D1 vote a joke snooze?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I visited Sam.

So the redirect did work then because this is who it says I tracked you to:

TMMadman posted:

Sure does seem like it's probably i going to be a slow weekend.

I inserted the i here, you will have to quote my original post to see that I used an open/close italics code as the actual I.

My results came back as Cpig, which is why I feel like it was an odd choice for PMush to choose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Capps

• Locked thread