Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Not feeling great today, so not sure how much I'll be around for the remainder of this thing.

Also, bonus my 40 year old furnace started leaking bonus CO, so getting that taken care of too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pmach, this is super easy to verify. Ask Pmush what she knows about my flavor.

I dunno why you were questioning the utility of your role earlier this game, it may be the most important one.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
What if... Pmach is telling truth about role and scum

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Quidthulhu posted:

....but that's what you did? You said "they bailed" then "nevermind they came back"

Because I asked somber for permission to contact them privately for the sole purpose of asking them to go into the doc. He wants all the game chat in there for obvious reasons, presumably to link to after the game ends, but her allowed it. I have PMush on Skype from survivor and BK on discord.

For the record, BK is pissed off enough not to want to check in for a while, and I don't blame him.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, pmush, sorry. :(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Snooze Cruise posted:

What if... Pmach is telling truth about role and scum

Its possible. But she wouldn't be the mythical Ninja that may or may not exist. :)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

King Burgundy posted:

Pmach, this is super easy to verify. Ask Pmush what she knows about my flavor.

I dunno why you were questioning the utility of your role earlier this game, it may be the most important one.

A dead townie is still a townie, and they could be as wrong about the game as i am unless it's a strong informational role, and if Asiina is right this game likely doesn't have any cops.

I'll relay your question.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Snooze, who do you think is scum right now?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Podima (2): fiery_valkyrie, Asiina
CapitalistPig (1): Podima
Propaganda Machine (1): Asiina, Asiina, Quidthulhu
Asiina (1): Quidthulhu, Propaganda Machine, Quidthulhu
Snooze Cruise (1): CapitalistPig, Quidthulhu, SirSamVimes, DickBastardly, SirSamVimes, CapitalistPig, Quidthulhu

Not Voting (5): CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, SirSamVimes, Snooze Cruise, TMMadman

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 20th, 2016 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 8 hours, 38 minutes.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hey KB, what's a Yowie? She said your flavor was on the light side.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yup, that matches what she knew.

You are what you say you are.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just some food for thought. This game currently has 7 active and 3 passive role claims (plus CPig who did move on N2, but I'm unsure about N1). It started with 8 active and 4 passive plus CPig. And by passive, I mean someone who doesn't move at night.

We have two people (one active, one passive) who say they were blocked on N2: Snooze and Pod were blocked by CPig (from an item) and FV respectively. I'm actually wondering if we do have a doctor. The only person left is KB and while he confirmed visiting SSV, he didn't directly confirm the theory that he was a doctor.

I still think Asiina is town. It's possible that she's a scum watcher and is there to identify town power roles, but it seems unlikely. If she is scum then this is probably he best game ever, but it's just hard for me to see her as scum.

Since FV revealed that she roleblocked Pod, I've been thinking about her and I've some to the conclusion that she's probably town. She didn't directly say she blocked SSV, but that is what I'm assuming here. She was suspicious of both SSV and Pod, so those would be logical targets for a town roleblocker and not very logical targets for a scum roleblocker.

Dick did you ever say who you empowered on N2? Did anyone claim it? Snooze said she tried to redirect the empower to her but she was blocked. I know Dick said he got a message that said his empower was successful.

With all the new information, I do think Pod is probably scum here who got blocked from the kill. I do think that scum have some way to counteract the watcher and tracker and a ninja makes the most sense. The other option would be a poisoner or other form of delayed kill, but we still had a kill on N1. Another option would be if a scum Snooze was able to use the redirects to force a townie to make the kill. But that's hard to think about because of the passive roles.

Also, I think it's weird that there's both a roleblocker and a redirector. That seems like an awful lot of negative utility for town and I'm left wondering if Snooze actually is scum.

I'm really not likely to vote for anyone other than Pod or Snooze today because of the claimed blocks and no kill. However, I do have concerns about CPig, KB and Quid, but I don't think it's enough to vote them right now.

These have been my somewhat scattered thoughts as I was riding elevators and walking while making some deliveries.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
For those of you not in discord, I've been in the hospital since last night. I think I'm going to be discharged soon but I'm on doctors schedules so :iiam:

That said I really don't see my vote moving today. This has been a super productive day.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hope you feel better Asiina.

And if you're scum, I will applaud you but then I'll be really angry with you! :v:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, I don't think FV makes sense as scum roleblocker given her targets. I guess I was wrong. :(

I'm the doc, I just didn't see what benefit it gave us for me to claim it.

I think Snooze seems scummier than Pod, but I'm fine with either.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Quidthulhu posted:

Automatic dead person masonry with living member who can relay information isn't something I am buying.

If you had to choose between the dead folks and target them and not get redirected or whatever, that would make sense - especially since talking to a dead person seems like it would be a targeted action.

But to have every single dead person dumped into a doc completely breaks the game as mafia. If everything had progressed normally today, you would have

-1 town / scum dunk from D1 - no results, that's fine.
-1 person from night phase kill, who WOULD have results.
-1 person from D2 kill, who would also have N1 results that may or may not have been relayed.
-1 person from N2 kill, who would have N1 AND N2 results.

The fact that you're claiming that PMush had all this information on what was going on with her action on N1 and was able to relay it to you is suggesting that Somber is still giving information about successes and failures, processing that information and THEN processing the kill. So you get someone like Capps killed and who has a successful redirect one night and instead of speculating about night actions and what capps may or may not have done, she can just tell us.

That goes against the spirit of this game and the balance of the roles. I think you're full of crap.

##vote PMach

I've played in a game with this role before. Why is it so impossible in a role madness game?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am better at scum now than I used to be, but I'm town in this game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

For those of you not in discord, I've been in the hospital since last night. I think I'm going to be discharged soon but I'm on doctors schedules so :iiam:

Ack, sorry to hear that!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Asiina posted:

That said I really don't see my vote moving today. This has been a super productive day.

Get better soon.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I am better at scum now than I used to be, but I'm town in this game.

Yeah I think I've changed my mind about you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I don't think FV makes sense as scum roleblocker given her targets. I guess I was wrong. :(

I'm the doc, I just didn't see what benefit it gave us for me to claim it.

I think Snooze seems scummier than Pod, but I'm fine with either.

Yeah I really wanted to avoid claiming today for fear of outing you but rip.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Full claim in case it matters. I'm Nyakul the Yowie, monster doctor.

I visited FV on N1. (I was suspicious of her even on D1, but I thought there was no chance scum would go for the obvious SSV kill on N1. I thought FV, if actually town, would be a good scum kill, since she had no opinions. I also debated protecting Asiina.)

I visited SSV on N2. (This took no debating, I was sure he'd be killed before his reveal if he was really town)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Yeah I really wanted to avoid claiming today for fear of outing you but rip.

It's fine, I think it worked out for the best, because it feels like it is going to be hard for the scum to hide at this point.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok I just looked over Pod and I'm pretty sure he's scum. This is something he said on D2 (I clipped the included Votecount)

Podima posted:

I'm here and really don't want to dunk Snooze today. I agree with her reads and I've seen manic fakey poo poo from her in other games that isn't happening here. I think BK is the right vote.

But then when he claims to be a tactician, this is what said were his choices:

Podima posted:

I actually do agree with you, btw. It would have been way better if I could have a confirmable visit so that TMM could past-move-check me, but alas I am bad at guessing.

There are a lot of town roles already claimed that are much more valuable than mine, so I'm going to go ahead and claim to hopefully settle the Podima vs. PMach question:

I am a Vampire Lord, Monster Tactician. Works exactly like this: mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Tactician

Night 1 Guesses (I used the first power, naturally):
Quidthulhu votes for DickBastardly
fiery_valkyrie votes for Snooze Cruise
BottleKnight votes for Snooze Cruise
SirSamVimes votes for Snooze Cruise
Propaganda Machine votes for DickBastardly
Poison Mushroom votes for DickBastardly
Asiina votes for Snooze Cruise

All wrong. I even submitted 1 too many guesses because I missed the 'rounded down' from my role PM, and Somber missed it too. v:v:v

I'm not going to post my Night 2 guesses, but I suspect they aren't going to be terribly correct either.

Now I get not wanting to vote out someone you think is town, but there was enough doubt about Snooze that absolutely be looking to hang her if I was someone who bet that a lot of people would vote for her.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Ok I just looked over Pod and I'm pretty sure he's scum. This is something he said on D2 (I clipped the included Votecount)

Now I get not wanting to vote out someone you think is town, but there was enough doubt about Snooze that absolutely be looking to hang her if I was someone who bet that a lot of people would vote for her.

That's a really good catch.

##vote Pod

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

The weird thing to me about that is that why would you choose to guess the vote of SSV, who was claiming innocent child. Surely you would choose people you thought might do the NK, since that is where the role utility comes from.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I really don't like how Quid has been hand wringing about the Medium claim. It's not a common role, but it is one that has precedent. Between that and the weird anti-town inventor items, I feel comfortable with this. ##vote quid

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

The weird thing to me about that is that why would you choose to guess the vote of SSV, who was claiming innocent child. Surely you would choose people you thought might do the NK, since that is where the role utility comes from.

This is also a good point and he still included SSV in his N2 picks:

Podima posted:

Since my action failed here were my guesses from Night 2:
Quidthulhu votes for Snooze Cruise
CapitalistPig votes for Snooze Cruise
Propaganda Machine votes for Snooze Cruise
SirSamVimes votes for Snooze Cruise
f_v votes for Asiina

Based on how the votes fell on Day 2 I expected Snooze to get piled on today.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SirSamVimes posted:

I really don't like how Quid has been hand wringing about the Medium claim. It's not a common role, but it is one that has precedent. Between that and the weird anti-town inventor items, I feel comfortable with this. ##vote quid

I have a distinct distaste for it as well, but pod has been pinging me for a while, and I think he's a solid lunch for today. Good work, TMM.

##vote Podiima

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

I agree that Quid's post about PMachs role is totally overwrought and in my opinion scummy. I didn't have any bad feelings about him until that post, but now I am a bit suspicious.

How do you feel about Pod? Would you be prepared to vote him today?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just FYI, Pod is at -2 right now and I have no problem voting for him.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Podima (4): fiery_valkyrie, Asiina, King Burgundy, Propaganda Machine
Quidthulhu (1): SirSamVimes
CapitalistPig (1): Podima
Propaganda Machine (1): Asiina, Asiina, Quidthulhu
Snooze Cruise (1): CapitalistPig, Quidthulhu, SirSamVimes, DickBastardly, SirSamVimes, CapitalistPig, Quidthulhu
Asiina (0): Quidthulhu, Propaganda Machine, Quidthulhu, Propaganda Machine

Not Voting (3): CapitalistPig, Snooze Cruise, TMMadman

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 20th, 2016 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 44 minutes.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, the last piece is trying to nail down RB possibilities.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

I have a distinct distaste for it as well, but pod has been pinging me for a while, and I think he's a solid lunch for today. Good work, TMM.

##vote Podiima

I've been really enjoying playing with you PMach, especially since it feels like we've been on the same wavelength today but...

I called Pod as scum yesterday and have been pushing him all day and you're giving TMM the credit for catching him????

:negative:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
For my money, either Quid or Snooze seem like good bets.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I've been really enjoying playing with you PMach, especially since it feels like we've been on the same wavelength today but...

I called Pod as scum yesterday and have been pushing him all day and you're giving TMM the credit for catching him????

:negative:

:lol:

You're right, of course. Pod was pinging me then, too. D2 was such a mess.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Unless you mean literally yesterday when I was barking up a hilariously inept tree (sorry, Asii)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
When I flip town please look back at how CPig had no answer for me when I pointed out that he contradicted himself for why he dropped off of a vote. He's coasting.

Also, consider the possibility that KB and PMach colluded on that claim confirmation. I don't believe for a single minute that BK is so bitter about a mislynch that he'd peace out of an observer document, and anyone falling for that should reconsider. PMach's role is wildly unrealistic and overpowered for a role madness game, since it is a) easy to fake, and b) would mean scum cannot NK investigative roles to prevent them from sharing their results. Don't let her get away without re-confirming her role after I die, since I will assuredly be active and talkative in the observer doc.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I have no excuse for playing my role poorly, which is why I'm not THAT broken up about being a mislynch today. I think town will have enough information tomorrow to start nailing scum. Don't let me down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

Also, consider the possibility that KB and PMach colluded on that claim confirmation. I don't believe for a single minute that BK is so bitter about a mislynch that he'd peace out of an observer document, and anyone falling for that should reconsider. PMach's role is wildly unrealistic and overpowered for a role madness game, since it is a) easy to fake, and b) would mean scum cannot NK investigative roles to prevent them from sharing their results. Don't let her get away without re-confirming her role after I die, since I will assuredly be active and talkative in the observer doc.

Yes, I am putting forth the possibility that the doctor could be scum in this game. I'm a town killing role, and Quidnose can apparently hand out NKs.

• Locked thread