Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
In my mind it has to be snooze and quid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Quidthulhu posted:

OR - Scum can only be empowered if Dick is redirected to them, so they lie about the first night.

I can say that all of my targets were successfully empowered, so I guess it would be beneficial if we could prove player A redirected to player B on Night X, and on night Y nobody was redirected to player C, but on these occasions players B and C were successfully empowered. Er ma Ger, please someone else do the homework on this, it makes my head hurt just think about it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

DickBastardly posted:

I can say that all of my targets were successfully empowered, so I guess it would be beneficial if we could prove player A redirected to player B on Night X, and on night Y nobody was redirected to player C, but on these occasions players B and C were successfully empowered. Er ma Ger, please someone else do the homework on this, it makes my head hurt just think about it.

I'm not sure what you're saying, but I think I've already done this?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asiina posted:

I'm not sure what you're saying, but I think I've already done this?

I'm being lazy atm but I will go back and look at your chart. What I'm saying is that we know players B and C were empowered... but both were not targeted as a result of a redirect. So given the posited scenario by Quid that scum can only be empowered by the result of a redirect, then player C should have failed.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I wouldn't take those scenarios super seriously. I get the feeling Quid was just saying "we don't know, it could have been anything." and giving a few examples.

Like disproving those I don't think would make a difference in his argument that we shouldn't be focusing on night actions, which frankly I always find a terrible and tedious mafia purist argument.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

In my mind it has to be snooze and quid.

IMO, the last scum are in the group of CPig, Snooze and Quid.

I can't see either Dick or Asiina as scum. Dick's power would be too powerful for scum without some kind of restrictions. And Asiina just doesn't seem like scum here. She's been putting in a ton of effort and it feels sincere. I don't think she'd be able to maintain that facade for very long as scum.

There's an outside chance that KB is scum who also has a delayed kill, but I think that's a long shot.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

IMO, the last scum are in the group of CPig, Snooze and Quid.

I can't see either Dick or Asiina as scum. Dick's power would be too powerful for scum without some kind of restrictions. And Asiina just doesn't seem like scum here. She's been putting in a ton of effort and it feels sincere. I don't think she'd be able to maintain that facade for very long as scum.

There's an outside chance that KB is scum who also has a delayed kill, but I think that's a long shot.

Thats why I say it has to be snooze and quid because I know I am town.

I'm leaning more towards snooze what with the shenanigans from yesterday and the fact that she is now trying to push a vote on one of the two towniest people in my mind currently.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm nervous that today is LYLO because we don't know what fv did on N2 or N3. She was presumably poisoning people, I don't know who. If we're lucky they're already dead. We could absolutely have 2 kills tonight though.

I still have no idea how fv died if it Dick just has an unconfirmed masonry. There's no explanation.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I mean maybe we can look at what lies make sense? But it seems like a waste of time.

Like just on the off the top of my head examples Dick's groundwork to "confirm" it falls apart if he and TMM are scum together. TMM claims he was empowered, then Dick goes off empowering town folk here and there or whatever. I don't know.

Claiming people are "absolutely" confirmed "because two or more people have confirmed them" when we have at least 2 scum and maybe a 3p out there isn't super helpful.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also unless Snooze is claiming to have tried to redirect me to Pig and NOT Pig to me, she is absolutely lying. I was roleblocked last night. I only gave out one roleblock item. Unless we have some sort of unclaimed roleblock item lying around then that's a load of crap.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

DickBastardly posted:

I'm being lazy atm but I will go back and look at your chart. What I'm saying is that we know players B and C were empowered... but both were not targeted as a result of a redirect. So given the posited scenario by Quid that scum can only be empowered by the result of a redirect, then player C should have failed if they were scum.

Mafia edit

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So is there more discussion to be had? I don't want to waste the day if there's more to say, but since deadline is only in a few hours I REALLY don't want to risk no lynching.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Capps needs to clarify what she meant with her action, I guess.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asiina posted:

Capps needs to clarify what she meant with her action, I guess.

I would vote capps today tbh, but with the risk of lylo, giving her the chance to actually contribute something more than a joke or cyrptic riddle I think is the right thing to do.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Pig to quid, but again it failed

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Cool, so one of capps and quid is lying.

Which still probably means CPig is the other scum.

Death to CPig, we'll figure out capps and quid tomorrow.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

Cool, so one of capps and quid is lying.

Which still probably means CPig is the other scum.

Death to CPig, we'll figure out capps and quid tomorrow.

Lol snooze is the clear choice

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Lol snooze is the clear choice

Probably but I'm not taking that risk.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I mean it is totally clear that snooze is lying here because what is left to block her? How could she possibly have failed everything else is pretty much accounted for except that.

##vote snooze

If snooze is somehow town I will loving vote myself and admit that town is going to lose.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

Probably but I'm not taking that risk.

I'm not understanding the "risk" snooze is clearly scum with quid.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina can you like go over your case again, I'm not getting it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Uh, why is Snooze scum with me? We have conflicting roleblock'd claims. Why would we both go with that today.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Quidthulhu posted:

Uh, why is Snooze scum with me? We have conflicting roleblock'd claims. Why would we both go with that today.

How should I know? I just know I'm town and you are the only two with conflicting actions.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Wouldn't that mean one of us is lying rather than both of us, as scum, putting forth the same lie? :confused:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
That's why I'd rather vote snooze today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly I do think Snooze is the better choice here. A) I think she's scum and b) we know she has the ability to change night results.

Arguably I think redirector is worse for town that a roleblock because if Snooze moves me or Asiina we might not even know it.

Also quids argument about Dick being an even/odd night Empowerer falls apart because he said he empowered PMach on N3 who did flip town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also as I said, I think it's possible that scum have more than one action available to them. If that is the case then maybe Snooze is a redirector/roleblocker. Or a JOAT who has one use of those two abilities plus a killing ability like Ninja.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also I'm working tonight so my availability at the deadline is going to be limited.

I'm training someone tonight too, so I can't just stop and post when needed. I have to keep on driving.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Well, I'm fine with either still. But I won't be around to switch at deadline. So whatever we decide has to be soon-ish.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If most people think the 2 scum are among Quid, Capps, and CPig, we should really be voting CPig. It's possible 2 people die tonight and if so then it's LYLO, so we can't afford to be wrong.

If it's Quid and CPig or Capps and CPig then CPig is still the right choice. I agree that Capps is also probably scum but we have better odds going for the one that's not involves in the two counterclaiming each other.

Let me summarize my CPig case again in a moment, but CPig I think is definitely the right choice.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I guess one extra nice thing about doing Snooze first is that it frees you to use your vig if you think it's necessary based on flip. Probably not a good idea for you to ever use it with her around to mess with it.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
gently caress it, overall I didn't like snooze's play this game. Of the two, I feel snooze reliable than Quid based on power's claimed.

##vote snooze

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

DickBastardly posted:

gently caress it, overall I didn't like snooze's play this game. Of the two, I feel snooze is less reliable than Quid based on power's claimed.

##vote snooze

mafia edit

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

If most people think the 2 scum are among Quid, Capps, and CPig, we should really be voting CPig. It's possible 2 people die tonight and if so then it's LYLO, so we can't afford to be wrong.

If it's Quid and CPig or Capps and CPig then CPig is still the right choice. I agree that Capps is also probably scum but we have better odds going for the one that's not involves in the two counterclaiming each other.

Let me summarize my CPig case again in a moment, but CPig I think is definitely the right choice.

Yeah but the thing is that I feel more sure that Snooze is scum. For me the choice between Quid/CPig is 50/50

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And again Snooze has the confirmed ability to redirect people. I think that's much more dangerous than anything else right now. I can't trust her to not use it and I can't trust her to tell the truth about who she used it on.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My CPig case is in two parts. First is the analysis of N1. PMush died on N1. We know this can't be due to poison and if she had some part of her role that killed her, she would have said in the deaddoc. So we can look at people's claimed actions on N1.

Asiina posted:

Okay I think the key is N1.

PMush died. Someone did that kill.

Madman tracked PMush to CPig, which was confirmed via PMach. Whatever else he is, he was tracking that night.

Capps redirected Madman, who was trying to target fv, but since we know it was PMush then that redirection was real. I also saw fv visit SSV so I know that track is wrong, but even without my confirming it, that means Capps didn't do the kill.

Madman retroactively tracked me N1 to SSV so I couldn't do it, unless Madman and I are scum together but that leads back to a tracker/watcher/poisoner scumteam and that'd be a way underpowered team and also doesn't leave room for this mysterious roleblocker.

fv didn't do the kill because she was at SSV.

Dick empowered Madman, which Madman confirmed and CPig confirmed that N2 Dick empowered him, so I'm reasonably convinced Dick is actually an empowerer, so it wasn't him.

Quid gives two items, both of which are confirmed so he couldn't do the kill.

KB doctors fv, but that's not confirmable.

CPig does nothing.

The kill N1 has to be one of KB or CPig.

Everyone can confirm each other in some way either on that night or following nights. The only people left where we don't know what they did are CPig and KB. I believe KB to be a doctor because if not town would have no other protective roles, and that's hard to believe. Also I think KB is more townie than CPig.

The second point is that CPig's claims for his actions and his reasons for them don't make sense.

He said he's an even night rolecop, so he can rolecop on N2 and N4. He was empowered on N2 to make him be able to rolecop every night, however going into N2 he didn't know this. He was given a roleblock on N1 and on N2 when he first had the opportunity to rolecop (believing he wouldn't be able to rolecop again until N4) he instead used the roleblock. Instead of doing the sane thing and even the more "fun" thing of rolecop N2, roleblock N3, rolecop N4 he elected to not use his actions in a way that would allow him to do something useful every night. Giving up a rolecop until N4 is crazy. Tonight is N4. This is very far into the game.

His only excuse for doing this is that it was the more fun option, which makes no sense at all. He was consigning himself to be VT when he could have had something to do 3 nights in a row, which is literally the opposite of his claim that he did it for fun.

I do not believe it and do not believe he has done what he said he's done.

So between both of those things I am completely convinced he's scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
There you go trying to apply "making sense" to me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Yeah but the thing is that I feel more sure that Snooze is scum. For me the choice between Quid/CPig is 50/50

Do you think Quid and Snooze are scum together? Because we're talking about who possible scum teams are, not just who individual scum are.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

And again Snooze has the confirmed ability to redirect people. I think that's much more dangerous than anything else right now. I can't trust her to not use it and I can't trust her to tell the truth about who she used it on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super down with killing Capps tomorrow when we can afford to be wrong because there is no more poisoner.

But we can't afford to be wrong today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hmm, actually we can't afford to be wrong tomorrow it'll be MYLO.

• Locked thread