Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I will play if there is room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I just love cloaks. gently caress robes and coats, cloaks or loving bust.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Also looking at the playerlist, this is basically going to be the Pearl of Port Cloaks.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I demand to be vanilla town.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

kiss my grits i do what i want!

roles are all done, had to cover for someone at work but I am aiming for 8pm cst.

where are the grits

I will kiss them with pleasure

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hello all, I'm a miller.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

And what's up with those miller claims?

I just want to get this out of the way, my claim is real, I am a miller, and will investigate as Bluecloak apparently. I assume PMush was making a joke but I am unsure.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

Confirming my flavor is fantastic. Also:

Sorry your miller fakeclaim got owned by the mod. ##vote BK

I'm just telling you what my role PM said. But excellent job using a cop that was never in the game to try and make an argument here.

the mod just posted this

Somberbrero posted:

i cannot stop you from using flavor arguments, but i encourage you to use caution in pursuing them. it is a dangerous game and i am not responsible for anything that happens as a result.

So to be clear, you are using an example flip to prosecute me?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Why does this cop business always happen with you, Podima?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

It's pretty much the only way I'll even consider them real. I love them. I think it helps us overall.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

I generally hate first-post miller claims though.

Can you link me to another game where you've said this Pod? I haven't played a ton of games with you but I don't remember you thinking this in other games and I'm never fond of the self-meta eject button.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

here ya go m8

http://www.samafia.net/wiki/OMGUS

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

Everyone say something really cool or funny and quote this post i will add it to the wiku's quotes page

That no longer exists.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

I can't remember a recent game I've said it in (I don't play many games atm) but I most recently brought it up in the observer/dead doc for my Paranormal/Conspiracy mafia game (ctrl+f 'miller'). The only reason I put a miller into that game was to see how newbies would handle it, and was very disappointed that apparently one of the 2-3 players with actual experience got it and immediately claimed on D1.

Fair enough.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

Quid is a very helpful scum hunter when town, so I'd like to keep him around unless he slips and gives us a good reason not to.

This is an old meta. Quid basically doesn't play anymore.

If he sees this and gets upset and posts a bunch to prove me wrong, then I'll consider it a net positive.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhh.

Not liking this at all. Looks like a "float a vote that can be perceived either way and see how it lands," and then the backoff saying "well I wanted to gauge YOUR reaction."

This is a little overly explained, Podima, all our posts right now are gauging reactions. Why would you need to explain this.

Hand-wringing is Pod's meta, I didn't find this scummy.

Glad you're posting quid :)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

oh here we go again with bulldog quid latching on to absolutely nothing.

You do this in every game. I don't think you're helpful as town and it's impossible to determine your alignment because you just spend all your time taunting and insulting those who find your posts scummy. Because of this, you are my D1 lynch. ##vote cpig

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, poo poo, there goes jokephase.

I'm very much against a policy lynch of anyone who isn't named Harold Krell.

Why are you so sure CPig will stay ineffective based on his D1 play, BK? You seemed perfectly okay with him in Vig8. Cough cough.

That game has really cemented it. I've been thinking this since the soldiers game. I wasn't in his thread, but I read it.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So he's your D1 vote because you don't like his play style? Isn't it a little bit early to be throwing in the towel on finding scum today?

If someone just insults people and doesn't hunt scum in every game, they shouldn't be excused due to meta. If Cpig puts in an effort to hunt scum and not just taunt those voting for him, I'll reconsider.

I'm glad we're having this discussion though.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Yep, you got me, I just insult everyone.

I just never do anything else in any post of any mafia game.

Sure am glad you are here to set the record straight BK.

You don't do it in every post, and I never said you did, but you already said TMM was doing something dumb and pointless and taunted Quidnose when he said you did something scummy. You spend most games as scum or town on the defense, chiding people. This isn't personal.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Why are you glad this discussion is happening? No one's opinions have changed so far, what makes it feel productive?

I don't really think any good, meaningful scumhunting happens D1. It's all shots in the dark. So getting deeper calls and conversations that aren't just cases (that I think people are much more trained to fake as scum) are overall good for town.

Quidthulhu posted:

What in the world does this have to do with scum hunting.

Cpig is not contributing, sure, BK is using a playstyle argument to justify a vote and is basically shooting in the dark and that's dumb, but neither of those things are necessarily scum motivated. I cannot see a town motivated reason why Pmush is trying to further derail us into this discussion. What are you going to learn about Cpig's alignment by him answering this question, Pmush?

I'm shooting in the dark regardless dude, I'm basically using a modified ecco gambit.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

I wasn't even attacking you, why are you coming in and defending yourself.

Lotta people acting weirdly scummy this game. TMM is the voice of reason at the moment and I find that weird as poo poo.

You were saying something accurate but I thought you were representing my intentions inaccurately.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Intellectually, I approve of both of these thoughts, but they contradict each other. You want to get rid of CPig for not being productive, but you admit you're not being productive.

Also, since jokephase appears to be over, let's go ahead and ##unvote.

I see what you mean, and that makes sense. I'm voting more based on meta, and the fact that his meta doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

My bigger thought here is whether your (the proverbial your) play is 'helpful to town' in which I think mine is.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I think I see what you're actually getting at here.

You don't really expect CPig to get lynched D1, do you?

I don't see what that has to do with anything. I'm voting with my heart.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I cut down your post to the points I thought were relevant.

First point, if someone behaves in a certain way as both scum AND town then that is literally the worst reason to stick a vote on them.

Second point, I think this is lame and pointless and basically just an excuse to get out of having to put an actual effort into playing. Can you spend the next 24 hours actually playing, and then if you still think you can't identify someone as scum you can gambit then instead?

1. No.

2. No. I mean, I'll be playing and conversing, but I'm not gonna commit to casing people unless I find someone scummy.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

And that somehow means im scum?

No.

CapitalistPig posted:

Well my friend, prepare for ACTUAL insults.

You are an idiot and your vote and whole reason for making it are stupid.

Thanks.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hm, never mind then. I was hoping BK was pushing this case specifically because it'd polarize and bring up reactions.

Knowing it's a happy accident doesn't make me feel great about this vote push.

I don't like you viewing the value of a case as only whether it succeeds in getting people to vote a certain way. I don't think it's scummy, because I do understand that it is a mafia skill to get people to vote with you when you think you're right. But I don't really care if my case leads to a lynch on D1 or not. I only care that I posted what I think is a good lynch.

But, second, I really don't like your "I have a bad feeling about this" way of hedgey alignment posting.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Not really. I'm commenting on stuff that interests me, but wouldn't say I really feel strongly one way or another about anyone yet.

My feeling on BK is probably town because he's doing something stupid and drawing a lot of attention from it but not backing down. I'm mostly just harassing him on that because he's been playing long enough to be a better player than that.

Do you think lurker lynches are bad f_v?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Are you equating your Cpig vote to a lurker cuddle?

It's the same principle, except there's no chance of a non-lurker being replaced/modkilled for not playing.

Poison Mushroom posted:

You misunderstand me. What I was trying to say is "I would like to believe that you are making a good D1 play and trying to create discussion", but that is very clearly not the case. You're throwing chaff around and then defending it with "well I believe in the chaff". You are refusing to engage in discussions beyond those which directly relate to your push for a policy lynch. If there's anyone who's being antitown here, it's you.

##vote BottleKnight

I don't think you believe this. This is a really bad post.

Podima posted:

Quotes have been mildly annotated to better note context.

Look at the slowest burn ever of talking herself into a "welp jokephase is over" vote on BK. ##vote PMush

This is a much more detailed case of PMush, and her final post voting me is so bad that it just has to be fake. I really don't like the meaningless distinction between me "only voting as discussion" and me actually voting something because I believe in it. Her analysis there is bad.

##vote pmush

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Podima

Too many words justifying why he is in the right when you honestly could have left it at "you're misreading this, Quid, as you always do." Who are you trying to convince, man? It's clearly not me because you know I am interpreting it differently and no amount of you justifying ~*~your point of view at the time~*~ is gonna change my mind on that.

I understand that maybe there's extra pressure or something since I brought it up again but I feel like your justification is a little bit "doth protest too much."

I don't see how this is scummy.

SirSamVimes posted:

Pushing a policy lynch on CPig seems to be an easy way of having an excuse to say ":shrug: well he wasn't going to contribute anyway" if he flips town.

##vote bk

Correct. Well, minus the very bad emote. That's kind of what a policy lynch is, Vimes.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Cpig and Pmush are both suspicious, thanks BK for covering up pigs legitimately scummy behavior with a bad case.

rude.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Can we turn the tables on BK and just dunk him since he's essentially bailed on D1 via a lurker cuddle advocation and is, subsequently, lurking through the EOD1

Yes which is why I'm voting cpig

oh wait!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quid is not reading the thread and is getting really angry when anyone responds to one of his posts. The second thing is normal but frustrating, but the first thing is uncharacteristic for him.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The operative posts for me in the PMush case is this one:

Poison Mushroom posted:

You misunderstand me. What I was trying to say is "I would like to believe that you are making a good D1 play and trying to create discussion", but that is very clearly not the case. You're throwing chaff around and then defending it with "well I believe in the chaff". You are refusing to engage in discussions beyond those which directly relate to your push for a policy lynch. If there's anyone who's being antitown here, it's you.

##vote BottleKnight

I appreciate your honesty.

Which seems like something she does not believe. And this one:

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'll admit, I'm trying to pull cases out of my rear end because I have absolutely nothing to go on. I'm not getting anything from anyone, and normally that means I'm just not engaged enough in the game, but I've got reasons to really want to get invested in this one. And I still can't get anything except "god dammit meta arguments are loving stupid".

Which is an appeal I really don't like. She was specifically accusing me of and voting me for throwing chaff around, and then admits her cases are the same.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I don't think the FV vote on TMM is that big of a deal. Sure, its lateness in the day is a little odd since it wasn't really a sincere push on TMM, but as a way of saying "I think you are scummy TMM" I think it's a reasonable post from a town mindset.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Poison Mushroom posted:

gently caress it, if Dick's not getting any traction, second pick.

##vote Quid

Defending me so hard so suddenly feels like distancing, and I really don't like it.

I do agree that Dick seems pretty scummy, but I'm not sure if that's just newness. As well as that, I'm not voting a newbie out day 1.

Vimes explained this... why?

Immediately follows up with

SirSamVimes posted:

I'd be okay with a Capps vote too. F_V I don't have any read on though, so not sure how I feel about her.

Incredibly non-committal. Does NOT want to be responsible in any way for the deadline push. Would vote Vimes. idk if we can do it in 10 min.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

Far too late in the day, too hairtrigger, and too conspiracy theory out of nowhere.

Like, now that I look back yet again, she started on TMM for his joke sports votes, went from there to trying to bait him with a 'don't you only call me town when you're scum' line, and then voted him instantly when he talked about her as a possible lynch.

Would vote I guess. Would prefer PMush.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Do we have enough to vote vimes?

If not, let's vote PMush.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote ssv

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

DickBastardly posted:

Anyone who pushes for a vote... ANY VOTE mind you, not a specific vote, but any vote, is scum to me.

##vote pod

this is incorrect

please help us lynch, you know, in a majority

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

PMach is online. Care to chime in?

don't do this

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EITHER LYNCH VIMES OR NO LYNCH, 3 MINUTES

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

fine ##vote snooze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

This guy is also probably scum now. He's claiming to he'll be mod confirmed town on D3 and saying we should lynch him anyway.

yeah, when people claim important town poo poo 3 min before deadline I don't really give a poo poo, nolynching D1 is always awful.

• Locked thread