Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Put me in, please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

When I don't know someones gender, I tend to just revert to he mostly because I'm a guy and it's one letter shorter.

:biotruths:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
FYI I will be out of town this coming weekend and pretty much unable to play from Friday midday through Sunday midday. If this is a problem, please feel free to withdraw my signup!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
We should fix that!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

There is actually exactly enough room.

Player list closed. Monday evening start time at the latest.

GAME WHERE

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently somber is dying IRL of allergies or something, sorry about that!!!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Confirming my flavor is fantastic. Also:

BottleKnight posted:

I just want to get this out of the way, my claim is real, I am a miller, and will investigate as Bluecloak apparently. I assume PMush was making a joke but I am unsure.

Somberbrero posted:

before i forget, a word of warning.

i cannot stop you from using flavor arguments, but i encourage you to use caution in pursuing them. it is a dangerous game and i am not responsible for anything that happens as a result.

secondly, this is a standard town flip.

Tao Jones, The Purple King and Lord of Dirt, Monster Cop was lynched day one!

"You are a Cop. You have the ability to investigate a player each night and receive a result of MAFIA or Not MAFIA. You win when all threats to Monsterkind have been eliminated."

Sorry your miller fakeclaim got owned by the mod. ##vote BK

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Why does this cop business always happen with you, Podima?

:laffo: OK fair enough, I'll ##unvote. That talking point was a stretch but I wanted to see your reaction. I generally hate first-post miller claims though.

Speaking of which, PMush, was your death miller claim genuine or a jokepost?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

I was assuming that was a joke vote, because that can't possibly be serious.

Like 50% serious?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

It's pretty much the only way I'll even consider them real. I love them. I think it helps us overall.

From a gameplay perspective yeah I agree. From a mod perspective it's just so BORING. Anyways since we have apparent serious miller/death miller/death cop claims this game is going to be a mindfuck!

BottleKnight posted:

Can you link me to another game where you've said this Pod? I haven't played a ton of games with you but I don't remember you thinking this in other games and I'm never fond of the self-meta eject button.

I can't remember a recent game I've said it in (I don't play many games atm) but I most recently brought it up in the observer/dead doc for my Paranormal/Conspiracy mafia game (ctrl+f 'miller'). The only reason I put a miller into that game was to see how newbies would handle it, and was very disappointed that apparently one of the 2-3 players with actual experience got it and immediately claimed on D1.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Propaganda Machine posted:

See TMM up there? What an easy lunch he should have been!

Can you elaborate on this, please? It read as an obvious jokevote/exchange, certainly nothing that would have resulted in a turbo.

BottleKnight posted:

You do this in every game. I don't think you're helpful as town and it's impossible to determine your alignment because you just spend all your time taunting and insulting those who find your posts scummy. Because of this, you are my D1 lynch. ##vote cpig

This is a very self-conscious post, but I disagree with KB in that I don't think it's scummy. Scum are much less likely to take such a blatant hardline stance early on D1, and I find that BK tends towards over-explaining similar to how I do. (Which is why, in retrospect, our roles/conflict in Ecco's game were really funny.)

Also CPig is my friend and should have been my temple partner so I shall not tolerate this slander against his character!!!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Quotes have been mildly annotated to better note context.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, poo poo, there goes jokephase.

Why are you so sure CPig will stay ineffective based on his D1 play, BK? You seemed perfectly okay with him in Vig8. Cough cough.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Why are you [BK] glad this discussion is happening? No one's opinions have changed so far, what makes it feel productive?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Intellectually, I approve of both of these thoughts, but they contradict each other. You [BK] want to get rid of CPig for not being productive, but you admit you're not being productive.

Also, since jokephase appears to be over, let's go ahead and ##unvote.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I think I see what you're [BK] actually getting at here.

You don't really expect CPig to get lynched D1, do you?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hm, never mind then. I was hoping BK was pushing this case specifically because it'd polarize and bring up reactions.

Knowing it's a happy accident doesn't make me feel great about this vote push.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Would [BK] throwing his hands up and letting go of the CPig vote be more or less scummy?

Poison Mushroom posted:

You misunderstand me. What I was trying to say is "I would like to believe that you are making a good D1 play and trying to create discussion", but that is very clearly not the case. You're throwing chaff around and then defending it with "well I believe in the chaff". You are refusing to engage in discussions beyond those which directly relate to your push for a policy lynch. If there's anyone who's being antitown here, it's you.

##vote BottleKnight

Look at the slowest burn ever of talking herself into a "welp jokephase is over" vote on BK. ##vote PMush

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Propaganda Machine posted:

It was a reference to Canada. For my money, I thought TMM was obvious scum, copped him the next night, pushed again to no avail, and was summarily nightkilled.

I have no loving idea why town didn't go after him that game.

Oh I get it now, thanks!

Also I need to deal with work stuff now, will be around off and on today catching up and should be here at deadline.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Podima you have completely ignored this point:

I think it's a good point (because I am self involved) and I don't know why you haven't addressed it.

I skipped over it because when you jump to wild conclusions like that (especially in the midst of a machine-gun catchup) I feel like it's not worth engaging you sometimes. I've expressed similar frustration with how to engage you in previous games together. But since you asked again:

Quidthulhu posted:

Back this the heck up.

So you:

-made a vote about the miller status which could be interpreted as serious or not serious (which is why people asked)
-stepped back from that because you liked the reaction that was made to your vote, implying you were seriously asking
-said that in actuality, however, you were only taking this stuff half seriously
-now are moving forward saying how hard the game is going to be because of these claims you are now taking seriously?

Why are you all over the place with this, Pod?

~~~

Your're interpreting this in extremes, to a degree that I'm not 100% sure is sincere. Here are my interactions you call out, with quotes for clarity:

Podima posted:

Sorry your miller fakeclaim got owned by the mod. ##vote BK
Read through the thread initially and made a gut reaction 'gotcha' vote specifically to force myself to jump right in rather than lurk through D1 like I tend to default to as a bad habit.

Podima posted:

:laffo: OK fair enough, I'll ##unvote. That talking point was a stretch but I wanted to see your reaction. I generally hate first-post miller claims though.

Speaking of which, PMush, was your death miller claim genuine or a jokepost?
Unvoted because BK's reaction was fine and he made a good point that he and I have squabbled D1 in another game as the same alignment. At that point, I was OK to take his miller claim at face value - the only thing I had against him was, admittedly, a dumb gotcha based on an example flip.

Podima posted:

Like 50% serious?
When asked, clarified that my gotcha on BK wasn't meant to be a 100% serious do-or-die stance.

Podima posted:

From a gameplay perspective yeah I agree. From a mod perspective it's just so BORING. Anyways since we have apparent serious miller/death miller/death cop claims this game is going to be a mindfuck!
Commented that there were a lot of weird claims already in the game! This is, notably, not the same as saying the game is going to be ~so hard~ or that I'm taking them ALL seriously - just that the people making those claims are serious about them and not just jokeposting.

~~~

My thought process was consistent. Your mis-characterization of my last two posts (for the readers, go back and compare Quid's last two bullet points to my last two quoted posts) feels like you tried to construct a fake scenario and stumbled at the end trying to make reality match your narrative.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Someone else read my answer to Quid's post and see if it's really that unclear, please.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Like, to respond directly to you: You asked a question, I answered it, and I said that you didn't seem to be coming from a legit point of view because the way you described my statements doesn't match what I actually said. Simple as that.

Your voting me for answering your question because I used too many words to explain why you were wrong is BS.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Quid, my point - and case - was that PMush took way too long to talk herself into voting BK for it to be a genuine opinion. Her posts as a whole have been hella hedgey and self-conscious. Also, more pertinently, I don't believe her unconfirmed mason claim in a role madness game.

Also also you have now called me out separately for making posts that were too long and posts that were too short. Make up your mind.

CPig was your daycop real or a CPig Cop Funny Joke?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh NVM I see he gave up on that. Fool me once...

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votefinder is back up btw.

Votecount for Day 1

Poison Mushroom (5): Propaganda Machine, Propaganda Machine, Podima, BottleKnight, CapitalistPig, Propaganda Machine, DickBastardly, Snooze Cruise, DickBastardly
BottleKnight (3): Podima, Podima, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, SirSamVimes
Snooze Cruise (2): TMMadman, Quidthulhu
SirSamVimes (1): Asiina, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Podima (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Quidthulhu (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
fiery_valkyrie (0): SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes
CapitalistPig (0): Poison Mushroom, BottleKnight, Poison Mushroom, BottleKnight
King Burgundy (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
TMMadman (0): King Burgundy, Asiina, King Burgundy, Asiina, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu

Not Voting (2): DickBastardly, fiery_valkyrie

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 12th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 3 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DickBastardly posted:

Birds of a feather, flock together.

##vote Pmush

mafia edit: I'm dumb at embedding images apparently.

Explain how you came to the point that you decided to vote PMush here, please.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

capps also allegedly has a case but i want her to show me what it is rather than just championing the fact that she has taken someone to -1.

capps are you SK?

Quidthulhu posted:

I ask because you're laissez-fairing all over the place and don't really seem to care how you look or if the person you dunk is a badman, you seem fairly giddy that you're close to getting someone ded

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote pbs

You can't possibly be serious with this callout/vote.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
mafia edit: lol

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

Oh whoops lmao
##vote pmush
Bad case tho

Capps, what are you saying is a bad case?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I could see a FV lynch. She has been very non-committal.

I just reread her post history and I agree with this.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Are you referencing what I just said re: your not reading in context and pulling things out? Because you seem to be ignoring that. e.g. you just skipped over it and jumped on the easy "quid jumping to weird conclusions" posts

I'm responding to this:

Quidthulhu posted:

Furthermore, the only actual case I am seeing is Podima's, which is a single quote "press the ?" delineation to make a point of how it looks "fake." It's weak, and I don't think it makes sense when you actually put her quotes in context of her and BK responding to each other, starting from where BK discusses his CPig vote:

PMush, from my point of view, is justified in feeling this way about BK, and BK is full of crap. Futhermore, I do not see what Podima is doing making a case on a "slow burn" away from a...fake opinion initially? Podima is also full of crap here.

You and I are interpreting the BK/PMush interaction differently, is what it comes down to.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Clicked the little question mark again huh Pod???

Are you for real jumping on me for reading this game? Get over yourself.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

I don't believe you are doing this, no.

Speaking seriously here - please don't insult me. I don't sign up for games I'm not going to put effort into, and the fact that you're going down this road means you have picked the wrong tunnel target.

Why do you think I'm not reading this game? Summarize and point to specifics.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DickBastardly posted:

Regarding the post in which I "fish" Pmush, I honestly had an impulsive suspicion that the reason she "had reasons to be really want to get invested in this game" had something to do with a meta-feud with BK for the way I perceived her going after him at the time. But after re-reading a bit, that doesn't make sense since she made statements against voting for meta reasons, which really should've been obvious to me however it didn't occur to me at the time. By the way, this question I posed for her to elaborate had nothing to do with her role so I don't see how that is fishing based on what I assume to be your definition of fishing is. Now, my definition of fishing has a broader scope than of simply ascertaining a player's role, however I can see the flaw in using that term to describe one's questioning of a player for anything more than that so I will probably not throw that term around as loosley moving forward, especially when it has scum shade attached.

Simply advocating a style of play is as good as playing it, especially if you can motivate others to play that style. This is in regard to your advocacy of D1 lurkercide. If you could prompt a lurker bandwagon without directly participating in it well... that social engineering at it finest, and what are scum but social engineers?

Who is this post even directed at?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

I'm not trying to insult you personally, but scum don't read as closely as town, or they fake reads, or they cherry pick stuff to make cases. I am saying you are not reading in a scummy manner. I think this is evidenced by your:

-initial case on PMush being cherry picked quotes you say speak for themselves
-your dismissal of my callout of that being based on the fact that you read BK/Pmush's interaction differently, although you didn't show that to be the case initially, since your initial case was based purely on PMush's words
-your distraction here towards my being tunnelvisioned, insulting, etc. when you could easily just explain what it was you initially saw that doesn't line up with my reading of their back and forth in context.

Since you aren't doing that, aren't I to assume here that you weren't reading carefully and DID cherry pick PMush's words to "speak for themselves," and now have no legs to stand on with this case?

I didn't cherry pick PMush's quotes, though? I quoted her entire interaction with BK since I know Mafia players are a lazy sort and won't go back and read stuff when asked to. In summation, once again, my case at the time: (bolded)

Podima posted:

Quid, my point - and case - was that PMush took way too long to talk herself into voting BK for it to be a genuine opinion. Her posts as a whole have been hella hedgey and self-conscious. Also, more pertinently, I don't believe her unconfirmed mason claim in a role madness game.

Also, yes, I'm dismissing your callout because I am frankly tired of engaging with you at this point - you refuse to accept or acknowledge any kind of rebuttal to your points. It's something you've been told repeatedly, and I'm done dealing with it today.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DickBastardly posted:

I felt BK and Pmach's cases against were good at the time, and I had major scum vibes for KB so the voting correlation legitimized it in my mind. But Quid made a pretty good case for Pmush's defense, so I re-evaluated my vote. I really don't know what the gently caress is going on now, and probably will no-vote and start anew D2.

Don't do this. Make a stand - you've bounced between a million different points today.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Wait, THAT was part of your suspicion? Why in the world would you be suspicious of the thing that literally another person in thread could confirm, Podima, that makes no freaking sense :psyduck:

lol who's the one not reading this drat thread?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Pod, I'd really like you to elaborate on why you didn't believe Pmush's masonry claim, especially now KB has confirmed it.

Same thing PMach said when she first posted it - an unconfirmed masonry, in a role madness game, seems very out of place. At the time the possibility of someone being both masons AND another role genuinely didn't occur to me.

KB - how have your interactions been in the masonry?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Okay, I'm skimming, but we got 30 minutes, so

This is the kind of "not my fault whoever gets dunked" handwashing I'd expect from newbie scum.

##vote DickBastardly

I have the opposite read on DickBastardly. I'd expect newbie scum to be much more careful in their posting, instead of the crazy wordvomit ping-ponging he's been doing. It reads as newbie town overthinking things.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

Pmush has jump on nothing but safe votes

Back this up with facts, please. I want to see if you actually looked this up to see if it was true or not before posting this, since you're obviously here and paying attention.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I also think newbie scum would be getting told by their pals they have to vote someone to get a lynch happening.

Except he hasn't voted anyone right now, and has come out and said he thinks he'll no-lynch (I assume no-vote) for D1?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

Votes bk for policy voting
Votes dick for new player behavior

Come on people, it's a defensive game. She can push for safe things and post about them but they are all crapshoots.

She is scum yo.

Answer my question.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Pmush has jump on nothing but safe votes

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

Voting for a new player for a behavior that is pretty 50/50 is the definition of a safe vote. You can push hard on it but they flip wrong no one blames you.

What other safe votes has PMush jumped on?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Yeah that's my point. It's why I agree that he isn't newbie scum.

:doh: Right, sorry.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
People who don't want a PMush vote, now is the time to actually present serious options. I'm not voting BK today

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I would be ok with a Snooze or FV vote. FV did show up at the end of the day a bit, but I really don't like her putting her vote on TMM for dumb reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

I'd be okay with a Capps vote too. F_V I don't have any read on though, so not sure how I feel about her.

Go reread her posts, please. There's not that many.

• Locked thread