Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Somber game set in Australia? Sign me the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm a genderbendish girl in realsies, but I can't be bothered to give a poo poo about pronouns.

She will do.

Me, PM, PM (but not the other PM) and Asiina for all girl scum team plz.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

The third PM isn't in this game at this time.

Outrageous!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

No don't you dare make me scum Somber!

But girrrl power Asii!!!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Please do not give me one of the lame, no effort roles/flavours thanks.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Thank you for my effort-filled flavour Somber.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

You know, it'd be foolish of Somber to make the Asiina/f_v/Pmush girl power scumteam after it was talked about in the pregame.

Or maybe...

That's exactly what he wants us to think.

##vote f_v

Welp, game over. Sam solved it already.

Or maybe...

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I don't recall Somber coming in and announcing that Quid is town. :v:

But either way, I never said that other people should be voting him. I'm just saying that my vote for him is completely justified at this point in time. I think he'll agree with me.

Do you have any thoughts relevant to the game? You've wasted a lot of words making a joke vote and then defending it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

You do this in every game. I don't think you're helpful as town and it's impossible to determine your alignment because you just spend all your time taunting and insulting those who find your posts scummy. Because of this, you are my D1 lynch. ##vote cpig

So he's your D1 vote because you don't like his play style? Isn't it a little bit early to be throwing in the towel on finding scum today?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

You spend most games as scum or town on the defense, chiding people. This isn't personal.

I'm basically using a modified ecco gambit.

I cut down your post to the points I thought were relevant.

First point, if someone behaves in a certain way as both scum AND town then that is literally the worst reason to stick a vote on them.

Second point, I think this is lame and pointless and basically just an excuse to get out of having to put an actual effort into playing. Can you spend the next 24 hours actually playing, and then if you still think you can't identify someone as scum you can gambit then instead?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

I wasn't even attacking you, why are you coming in and defending yourself.

Lotta people acting weirdly scummy this game. TMM is the voice of reason at the moment and I find that weird as poo poo.

Which post/s do you see TMM being the voice of reason? All I see is a lot of chat about sport. I think your opinion on TMM is a real stretch here.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

I don't see what that has to do with anything. I'm voting with my heart.

1. No.

2. No. I mean, I'll be playing and conversing, but I'm not gonna commit to casing people unless I find someone scummy.

I love that you answered no to point 2, when your description is basically the essence of actually playing.

Still totally disagreeing with you on point 1.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Hey FV,

You have any alignment thoughts yet? I've noticed you seem to be pushing other people to play without saying much outside that.

Like this post comes when you yourself hadn't really said anything yet:

Which seems a bit weird to me.

And your posts against BK, I agree with, but you don't seem to be doing anything there but telling him how to play, without making any kind of judgement about how you feel about his alignment.

Not really. I'm commenting on stuff that interests me, but wouldn't say I really feel strongly one way or another about anyone yet.

My feeling on BK is probably town because he's doing something stupid and drawing a lot of attention from it but not backing down. I'm mostly just harassing him on that because he's been playing long enough to be a better player than that.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Would throwing his hands up and letting go of the CPig vote be more or less scummy?

I don't know.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

Do you think lurker lynches are bad f_v?

Generally, yes.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Because you learn nothing.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Question for you TMM, since it's been a while. Don't you only call me town when you're scum? That's my recollection.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Unless they're scum? I mean, in saying this you're basically giving scum a free pass to stfu and let town go at each other's throats. Not a fan of this line of thinking.

Isn't the opposite true as well? If you have a known policy of lurker lynching don't scum just have to post more and let the quiet town players take the fall?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

A lurking townie is a lovely townie. We're here to eradicate the scum from our village, and if you're not helping I'm not really sure why you signed up. I know that some decently-respected players have lurky metas, and to be honest it kind of annoys me.

When did I say I wasn't helping? I just happen to disagree with you about lynching lurkers.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Why'd you choose to cop SSV?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Wait, Capps is in this game???

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

what even is the PMush case? why the hell is she at -1? Did I miss it? People just seem to be voting her?

My feeling too. I don't agree with Snooze's case and I don't remember anyone else's reasons (so they can't have been compelling)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Snooze Cruise posted:

So it's not your feeling because you actually read the cases!!!

Fine, please substitute the word feeling with opinion.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I could see a FV lynch. She has been very non-committal.

I like that you're feeling things out here, not going out on a limb and actually moving your vote until you feel like you've got some back up. That way when I flip town you don't come off as the ringleader.

##vote TMM

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Podima posted:

Quid, my point - and case - was that PMush took way too long to talk herself into voting BK for it to be a genuine opinion. Her posts as a whole have been hella hedgey and self-conscious. Also, more pertinently, I don't believe her unconfirmed mason claim in a role madness game.

Also also you have now called me out separately for making posts that were too long and posts that were too short. Make up your mind.

CPig was your daycop real or a CPig Cop Funny Joke?

What you describe about how PMush is posting in this game is to me exactly how she posts in every game.

Also, why isn't her claim believable? Has PMush actually done something in-game to make you feel that way? Because otherwise you're just playing against the mod here.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Are you claiming you are also a mason?

Capps can claim whatever he wants, but I'm not backing him up on that one.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

This is a garbage vote.

I appreciate your feedback.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Pod, I'd really like you to elaborate on why you didn't believe Pmush's masonry claim, especially now KB has confirmed it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Okay, I'm skimming, but we got 30 minutes, so

This is the kind of "not my fault whoever gets dunked" handwashing I'd expect from newbie scum.

##vote DickBastardly

In your opinion is it not something that newbie town would do too?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Podima posted:

I have the opposite read on DickBastardly. I'd expect newbie scum to be much more careful in their posting, instead of the crazy wordvomit ping-ponging he's been doing. It reads as newbie town overthinking things.

I also think newbie scum would be getting told by their pals they have to vote someone to get a lynch happening.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Podima posted:

Except he hasn't voted anyone right now, and has come out and said he thinks he'll no-lynch (I assume no-vote) for D1?

Yeah that's my point. It's why I agree that he isn't newbie scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Podima posted:

I would be ok with a Snooze or FV vote. FV did show up at the end of the day a bit, but I really don't like her putting her vote on TMM for dumb reasons.

I don't think it was a dumb reason. I think it was the scummiest post of the game.

I would switch to Snooze though. He feels like he's gloating about PMush's inevitable lynch right now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

DickBastardly posted:

Anyone who pushes for a vote... ANY VOTE mind you, not a specific vote, but any vote, is scum to me.

##vote pod

You have so much to learn about Mafia.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

When are people going to learn to trust me on D1?

When you're right.

What about Capps? Will anyone else vote him?

##vote Capps

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

The Witch of Walding Pond. I'm pretty.

You're a witch?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I think you should let other people check in first. I think more people than not believe I am town given my knowledge.

Your knowledge of what? I'm confused by what you're implying.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I'm feeling better today but still haven't read through the thread. I think I have time to do that now before D&D.

Glad you're feeling better.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

I'm thinking FV today.

##vote FV

Because....?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Knowledge of night actions.

But why would people know or assume you have knowledge of night actions?

I'm still confused by your original post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

How do these two posts fit together?

Bus driver works.

• Locked thread