Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
What happened to da Costa during the race? He was defending against di Grassi for a long time, then di Grassi attacked and somehow da Costa's car stopped working?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wish this was true:
http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017/april/formula-e-to-trial-new-emoji-steering-wheel/

quote:

The new dash has been fitted to one development version of the standard Formula E steering wheel, with the process of determining which driver gets to try the new wheel decided by the reverse order of the latest FanBoost standings.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
And gently caress Di Grassi too. His comeback a few races ago was impressive, but causing two safety cars in one race is impressive in an entirely different way.

edit: The first was only a FCY I think.

NFX fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 20, 2017

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
A) the Eurosport commentator is bad.
B) the nextEV / Andretti liveries are really confusing.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hahaha Bird

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doc Morbid posted:

Good job Rosenqvist, that's pretty much what happened the first time I tried a Formula E car in Forza.

edit: The Eurosport commentator is so bad :ughh:

The Danish Eurosport commentator randomly interjects with “and now I have to provide a summary for the replay”, proceeds to sum up some of what’s going on, and invariably gets distracted. He also missed every single fan boost announcement, except for the one by Abt. I can’t tell if he’s incompetent or overworked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think I’ve said it before, but holy hell the Danish commentator on Eurosport is terrible. Whenever he talks (all the drat time) he has a tendency to trail off and mumble after the first couple of sentences. There’s only one commentator, so they have absolutely no banter or sparring, and I think it makes him talk so much in order to make up for it.

He’s fairly good about commenting the actual driving, but mostly he just rattles off facts and talk about how kilowatts aren’t gasoline. Because of this he constantly talks over the team radio and misses what’s going on. In several races, including this one, he completely missed the fan boost announcement, and spent much of the latter half of the race why it wasn’t on screen (it was). At one point he noticed that a full course yellow was announced, but wondered why. While the camera was showing a wing laying in the middle of the track. Ugh.

• Locked thread