Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

It's been more than 5 years since the end of the Gears of War Original Trilogy (OT), and Gears of War 4 finally comes out on Tuesday. I figured I'd finally make a thread for this series of awesome games... I don't know if anyone else in the Zone is getting it, but feel free to talk about the previous games, memories of the series, maybe get some co op going? etc.

I can already hear some sonybros revving up to spam this thread with comments like "TEARS of War" and crap like that, just generally stewing about the fact that we got to play Gears while they got stuck with, ah, Killzone... Allow me to rev up a little something of my own in return: come at me, haters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'll also be using this thread to discuss the 2009 "Gearslike" third person shooter, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
“Do you ever feel like you died, but no one told u?” When The Coletrain said that in the final chapter of Gears of War 3, I just had to put the sticks down and think about my life. Then before I knew it my Xboxs auto poweroff setting kicked in, and I was just sitting there still stoned out of my mind in complete silent darkness.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

“Do you ever feel like you died, but no one told u?” When The Coletrain said that in the final chapter of Gears of War 3, I just had to put the sticks down and think about my life. Then before I knew it my Xboxs auto poweroff setting kicked in, and I was just sitting there still stoned out of my mind in complete silent darkness.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm not too far into 50C:BotS just yet, but one thing that stands out to me is how the music seamlessly continues through cutscenes and game menus. That's really cool

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lXI3-xWEFc

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I read half of this in Rod Serling's voice lol.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

If you click the left stick 50 will shout insults, and you can spend excess cash to buy more insults.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull posted:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is Horde mode in the new one

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Yeah. Apparently there are sections of the single player that have certain elements of Horde mode too.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Gears of War facts:
https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/336877677753532416

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

isn't this one also coming to pc?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Yes- with co-op crossplay, apparently.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Yes- with co-op crossplay, apparently.

:staredog:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

👁 ❤️
PAIN

Soral
May 30, 2009

50 cent blood on the sand is loving awesome

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
About to play gears.of war 4 with my bf and his bestfriend

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The enemies in this will randomly switch between speaking Arabic and Russian.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The enemies in this will randomly switch between speaking Arabic and Russian.

Mad... world.....

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Lmfao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Mad... world.....

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Got Cole Train in my first loot crate... Heck yes!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's cool that Valve managed to singlehandedly infest the entire shooter genre with loot crate AIDS.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's cool that Valve managed to singlehandedly infest the entire shooter genre with loot crate AIDS.

T'was an awesome thing indeed!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I never picked up that Gears 1 remaster so this is the first time I've played Gears MP at 60FPS... :wth:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Yo Cole jump over that big rear end chest high wall!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Are there any regulars here who want the code for Gears 1+2+3+Judgment download. I don't know how many of you own Xbox but it's worth asking

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
If it's for Xbone, I would like it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

If it's for Xbone, I would like it.

Ok. I'll pm them shortly

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
It's a shame they never tried iterating on Overrun mode, it was mostly terrible in Judgement but asymmetrical multiplayer is always such a cool idea.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Hat Thoughts posted:

It's a shame they never tried iterating on Overrun mode, it was mostly terrible in Judgement but asymmetrical multiplayer is always such a cool idea.

Evolve sucked and I'm not happy about it

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Evolve sucked and I'm not happy about it

Yeah I was really hoping that was gonna be good, Turtle Rock I think is kind of a bad dev (or maybe just when they're not working with Valve?). I remember playing the alpha of the rhythm-FPS they made with Harmonix and it was just completely unfun (despite being another really cool idea)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evolve announced they were going f2p on PC and the put the console version on sale for a few weeks, and then shut down and canceled evolve forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Bump cause i own Gears of war 4 for pc now 👌🏼💯

• Locked thread