Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
What a time to be alive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Carlosologist posted:

Last time on Holy gently caress: Election Edition...

Before the last debate, the general worry was that Trump would look presidential and Hillary would flounder, and the fallout from gently caress Hillary Week would lead to a strong chance for a Trump presidency.

Instead, Trump was calm and sedate for about 20 minutes, and then went off the goddamn rails in front of 80 million people. And his campaign is currently in tatters.

People don't realize how much was riding on the first debate. If Trump would have kept his cool he could have actually won the election.

History will likely write Trump losing due to him being too radical and the general American public being turned off by him, thus he had no chance. In reality he just about pulled it off prior to that debate.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Stereotype posted:

They don't watch us like we watch them. They probably think most liberals haven't heard of it, otherwise why would they be liberal?!

Are you sure? I could imagine some redditguy quoting my post and going: "Hey look at this delusional liberal. He actually thinks Hillary could have planned for something like that and would manipulate Trump! What a conspiracy nutjob. He probably even believes those made up MSM polls, even though the LA times poll clearly shows that Trump is consistently leading for months."

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Yardbomb posted:

I'd be okay with trump pulling a Budd Dwyer and making the thread name even more appropriate to be totally honest.

I hope not; the last thing Trumpists need is a martyr.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
So what's the eta on the start time?

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Yardbomb posted:

I'd be okay with trump pulling a Budd Dwyer and making the thread name even more appropriate to be totally honest.

I doubt it. He seems to see himself as being personally infallible, and any failure is due to his minions and supporters not living up to his expectations. Him stroking out during a fit of rage is however a distinct possibility. I wish the contenders were wired for medical readings, as Trump's blood pressure during the debate would make interesting reading.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Josef bugman posted:

So what's the eta on the start time?
2100 est I think, 0200 in the uk, 0300 on the continent

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

BobTheJanitor posted:

A Trader Joe's recently opened near us. I mention this because they have a wide variety of flavored popcorn.

I am prepared.

Sweet potato chips and peach salsa, man. Nom city.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

XMNN posted:

2100 est I think, 0200 in the uk, 0300 on the continent

Bollocking gently caress.

Oh well, will get up early and listen to the best bits.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Josef bugman posted:

Bollocking gently caress.

Oh well, will get up early and listen to the best bits.

XMNN posted:

lol if you aren't staying up all night for the television event of the millennium

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
In the end it was insulting white women that was the final straw. Because of course it was.

Good luck US pals.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Stereotype posted:

They don't watch us like we watch them. They probably think most liberals haven't heard of it, otherwise why would they be liberal?!

This is accurate for all the "conservatives" in my Facebook. They keep trotting out the things I've already heard of like it's supposed to be some huge revelation to me.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Pierson posted:

In the end it was insulting white women that was the final straw. Because of course it was.

Good luck US pals.

That tape did wonders but only white people vote GOP so it's to be expected. We went from :derp: to :woop: for the majority of us but I'm currently at :ohdear: because tonight is the biggest drat wildcard... Gotta wait and see what happens...

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Spiffster posted:

We went from :derp: to :woop: for the majority of us but I'm currently at :ohdear: because tonight is the biggest drat wildcard... Gotta wait and see what happens...
Remember how the first debate went?

Trump is in a complete tailspin, and he's already completely telegraphed everything he'll be using against Hillary (read: Bill's infidelities). Hillary has been prepping for exactly that. Tonight's gonna be a complete and utter slaughter of Trump on live TV; it's going to be everything the first debate was and more.

Bonus: the media smells blood, and they're going to highlight exactly how Trump melted down in glorious detail afterward.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
It's not that I think trump will win I worry that he may do something really insane. A cornered rat goes for the neck and I worry that with the Vitrol I've seen from his followers they may truly try to attack her or supporters for the sake of their country.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
I'm gonna stay up to watch this debate live. Gonna be tasty.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Spiffster posted:

It's not that I think trump will win I worry that he may do something really insane. A cornered rat goes for the neck and I worry that with the Vitrol I've seen from his followers they may truly try to attack her or supporters for the sake of their country.

If he hints at or calls for physical violence or voter interference, doesnt that actually break laws in the USA?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I live in STL so this will be easy to catch live in just 3 and a half hours. I have a feeling Trump is going to try being Teleprompter Man again in the beginning but start falling apart before even the non-softball questions from the audience start hitting.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Furnaceface posted:

If he hints at or calls for physical violence or voter interference, doesnt that actually break laws in the USA?

Only if it amounts to a call for "imminent lawless action."

The first amendment is fun. :eng101:

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Omg kill me this. Is going to be. A blood bath.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Legit upset I will miss the first bit. Hopefully I get out of work just a few minutes after it starts. Anyone know if NPR radio stations will be broadcasting it so i can listen on the drive home?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Axel Serenity posted:

Legit upset I will miss the first bit. Hopefully I get out of work just a few minutes after it starts. Anyone know if NPR radio stations will be broadcasting it so i can listen on the drive home?

They have been advertising it but it depends on your station.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Axel Serenity posted:

No, they will be too busy playing reruns of A Prairie Home Companion. :rolleyes:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Soylent Yellow posted:

I doubt it. He seems to see himself as being personally infallible, and any failure is due to his minions and supporters not living up to his expectations. Him stroking out during a fit of rage is however a distinct possibility. I wish the contenders were wired for medical readings, as Trump's blood pressure during the debate would make interesting reading.

Look at this pleb who didn't see Trump's doctor's note he publicized a year ago. He's the strongest, most handsome and manliest of all candidates to ever run for public office; he even said so himself.

Sad!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

cant cook creole bream posted:

I look forward to reading this thread tomorrow morning. I'd actually love to see the debate live, but it's around 3 am for me.

You know what? I am going to wake up at 2:55 and watch it live and hang out with you because I just love this community so much.My sleep cycle will be ruined for a week but gently caress it!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Stereotype posted:

Reality has a liberal bias, so naturally liberals tend to do a lot more fact-finding and research based on citations whereas conservatives by-and-large are content with amusing themselves with the imaginary bogeymen they make up in their fever dreams and then repeat to themselves over and over again until it becomes reality.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

cant cook creole bream posted:

You know what? I am going to wake up at 2:55 and watch it live and hang out with you because I just love this community so much.My sleep cycle will be ruined for a week but gently caress it!

That's the spirit! :hfive:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I'm glad there seems to be a point after which purestrain mad won't help you in running for president. I might almost start to develop something approaching faith in humanity.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Oh wow, I didn't realize until this thread that the townhall debate was in my state. Other side of it, but still.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
On the one hand I don't think there's anything Trump can do to salvage this.

On the other hand literally nothing else in this campaign season makes a goddamn bit of sense so who knows anymore.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Steelion posted:

On the other hand literally nothing else in this campaign season makes a goddamn bit of sense so who knows anymore.

Yeah, logically there is no way Trump can win but admittedly I didn't call "Trump says a lovely thing" to be the thing that makes his campaign explode after the last 1000 times it happened.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Steelion posted:

halfway through Trump declares that while he did say that he wanted to grab women in the private area that there is a far more important issue, that there is an evil dragon in the mountains, and only he has the strength and the power to kill it with his bare hands. He has seen it, and he has a magical sword that he has forged himself out of gold. The audience cheers and follows him out of the hall, and they form their own society deep in the forests. Trump declares himself Head Dragon Slayer And Supreme Commander Of Trumpania. Four weeks later he wins with 407 electoral votes, but that's all a formality, it's Trump's country now, all hail, all hail

Trillary Flinton
Aug 3, 2016
I bet Trump pulls through, if only because it's my singular wish that he corncobs on live TV, and the universe hates me enough to give me the opposite of what I want.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Reminder that Trump held a practice town hall with massive sycophant Howie Carr as moderator, an audience packed with Trump supporters who were encouraged to be vocal, and a list of soft ball questions and still had to bail out after only 30 minutes of the planned 90 minute event.

And that was the day before pussygate.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Reminder that Trump held a practice town hall with massive sycophant Howie Carr as moderator, an audience packed with Trump supporters who were encouraged to be vocal, and a list of soft ball questions and still had to bail out after only 30 minutes of the planned 90 minute event.

And that was the day before pussygate.

B-but I thought he was practicing with Chris Christie, the ~guru~ of Townhalls! :ohdear:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Like this many people jacking themselves off about how much Trump is going to fail is just begging for someone to come and give some reasons why he might not but I can't think of a single thing that would make him come out of this okay beyond Trump managing to keep up his best sanity act for the whole duration, something which he has repeatedly failed to manage to do

or aforementioned mountain dragon scenario

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

I'm still struggling with the fact that we now live in a world where the latest political scandal is legitimately and unironically known as "Pussygate".

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Who thinks that Trump doesn't go for the handshake?

Or at the least is visibly standoffish/hostile toward Clinton at the very start?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Mantis42 posted:

Oh wow, I didn't realize until this thread that the townhall debate was in my state. Other side of it, but still.

You have my condolences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I just hope the secret service check Trump for a gun. :ohdear:

• Locked thread