Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Onean posted:

It's probably just me, but I get the feeling he cares a lot more about being her friend first (which is probably most of what you're talking about), and is just along with these others because they're ridiculously easy to mess with to hilarious results.

Also the fact he's really into history

He's pretty much just a history Otaku considering his love of Japanese castle scale model kits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarakchan
Mar 17, 2009

Man, I wish I could lose weight half as quick as Serinuma. I was worried a bit how they were going to deal with her weight issues as the series went on, but I think it seems to be okay so far? It seems at least some of the boys like her for who she is which is always nice.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Jarakchan posted:

Man, I wish I could lose weight half as quick as Serinuma. I was worried a bit how they were going to deal with her weight issues as the series went on, but I think it seems to be okay so far? It seems at least some of the boys like her for who she is which is always nice.

this does get addressed later.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Inflammatory posted:

this does get addressed later.
It's addressed in ep5, which is out now!

Man, the direction for this show is good. I'm consistently pleased with how they animate the manga, and Sawashiro was a great choice for Nishina.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
I watched the first episode purely based on the crazy description in the OP, having never watched any BL anime before.

This is a good rear end show. Senpai, best guy.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:swoon: SHION! :swoon:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

smokyprogg posted:

I watched the first episode purely based on the crazy description in the OP, having never watched any BL anime before.

This is a good rear end show. Senpai, best guy.

I'm glad my extremely :effort: OP got someone to watch the show

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

smokyprogg posted:

Soon:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Littleorv posted:

I'm glad my extremely :effort: OP got someone to watch the show

motherfucker i told you the same thing two weeks ago

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

This was the most relatable episode yet. What a perfect show

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Alright, i have to pause because I'm laughing too hard.

"Let me tell you about Homestuck Kachu Rabu!"

edit: o no this transformation

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I laughed too hard and now I'm dead.

It was worth it though.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Here lies a kitten

It's obviously Lord x Akane

Jarakchan
Mar 17, 2009

I think you'll find Akane x Lord is the OTP.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
cool down people, they can both be the otp

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Confession: up until this episode I never actually understood the A x B convention and never cared to look it up, and now it has been spelled out for me in great detail. Thanks show :thumbsup:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I kind of figured it out while watching SNAFU with that one fujoshi, but this just confirmed it with great detail.

e: Although I never heard of versatile in this context. Has that always been a thing?

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 14, 2016

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ykjqZZoRI

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

e: Although I never heard of versatile in this context. Has that always been a thing?

I think the term used in the fandom is more like "switch", in the English one at least.

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I kind of figured it out while watching SNAFU with that one fujoshi, but this just confirmed it with great detail.

I've heard people call themselves "vers" on a few occasions.
Just watched the last episode, Senpai is the best boy. Next episode, if it follows like the manga did it will make you like Nana.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
What is it with a certain character type having tiny, almost feline-like irises inside otherwise normal sized eyes in some anime? Nanashima has them and it caused me to almost immediately compare him to Yamada of "...and the 7 Witches" fame. Seems to be a common characteristic of "street tough" boys?

Anyway, I don't know if I like him or kouhei more, but I probably consider kouhei because that's my first route stereotype in otome.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ah crap, my shipping chart is getting too complicated.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The dance is starting!

yay!

What a good brother :3:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 26, 2016

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007

a kitten posted:

The dance is starting!

yay!

What a good brother :3:

Senpai for best boy; Nana for best brother :3:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

This episode was weaponized :kimchi:. I am now dead. Big bro Nana is too powerful.

e: Also was the next ep preview dialogue a nod to "March comes in like a lion"? I didn't quite catch it.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 27, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

e: Also was the next ep preview dialogue a nod to "March comes in like a lion"? I didn't quite catch it.

Yes, yes it was.

Also, some Jojo and Fruits Basket

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

this is a great show, i simulwatch it with a fujo friend which only makes it even better

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm glad Nana got his episode to show he wasn't the huge douchebag character and it involved him being an adorable big brother.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

CuddlyZombie posted:

this is a great show, i simulwatch it with a fujo friend which only makes it even better

same

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Awesome.

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/804860467747270656

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

ahaha that's awesome

skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015
holy poo poo, there is so much give-a-drat to this show
its really unexpected

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

I was wondering how they were going to try to endear me to Shinomiya this episode and I guess it's by saying "but look, he's not these guys who are irredeemable trash?" Whatever, he's still my least favorite.

Really looking forward to next ep being a Mutsumi ep, tho

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Mutsumi stopping the rear end in a top hat with just his index finger was awesome.

Also, I choose to believe that the six of them actually did kill, as in literally murder, the three guys at the hotel.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

They've been endearing Shinomiya to me every episode by saying he's not these guys who are irredeemable trash, it's just this week the trash is three no-names and not just Igarashi and Nanashima.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

History dude is just so much better then the other 3 I don't understand how there is a contest.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

socialsecurity posted:

History dude is just so much better then the other 3 I don't understand how there is a contest.

history dude and lesbian option are both really good tho so i understand it being a contest between them. also there's three other people who are there for some reason

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adelheid posted:

history dude and lesbian option are both really good tho so i understand it being a contest between them. also there's three other people who are there for some reason

To kiss each other, obviously. I mean, look at the title of this series.

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

He doesn't think of Seranuma as anything but a friend. If I remember right, it wasn't until his brother forced the issue, that Senpai developed (realized?) a crush on her. I love that he's winning and not even playing.

The author, Junko, is a BL manga writer/artist and I wonder if any of the guys will be getting together or if the end will be played straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

gotta catch 'em all

• Locked thread