Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A good anime, I'll miss it.

Though, i'm kinda disappointed we skipped through a bunch of the game making process and never learned much about the new game. But maybe Stardust Intenzione is better left a mystery. And I did enjoy how this ep went into more detail about doujin events and a what selling there is like compared to the really small venue of the first game.

Is the manga being translated at all? I tried searching for it on Batoto but couldn't find anything. The ending made me think a 2nd season isn't planned and I want to see where Honda's game goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

A good anime, I'll miss it.

Though, i'm kinda disappointed we skipped through a bunch of the game making process and never learned much about the new game. But maybe Stardust Intenzione is better left a mystery. And I did enjoy how this ep went into more detail about doujin events and a what selling there is like compared to the really small venue of the first game.

Is the manga being translated at all? I tried searching for it on Batoto but couldn't find anything. The ending made me think a 2nd season isn't planned and I want to see where Honda's game goes.

there's absolutely no translation being done on the manga, unfortunately

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Colonel posted:

there's absolutely no translation being done on the manga, unfortunately

Dang. :(

Here's hoping for the eventual season 2 then.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Season 2 doesn't seem likely, general audience reception seemed lukewarm. And yeah, no translations on the manga, even finding raw scans has been fruitless.

This is probably the last we'll see of the SNS Club. But it was a fun ride.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Nice little anime like this one seems to always get overlooked. I wish we could see more of this one.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

wheelgun wielder posted:

Nice little anime like this one seems to always get overlooked. I wish we could see more of this one.

:same:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It wasn't on CR (here at least) which sadly means there's next to zero chance of me getting around to watching something nowadays.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
This was a good series but it wasn't really great. There are other series that are more deserving of another season in the seasonal Manga Time Kirara quota like GA Geijitsuka Art Design Class, Kiniro Mozaic, New Game or Sansha Sanyou.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this show was better than new game :twisted:

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

I very much did not like New Game.

In fact, I would dare say I disliked it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm getting conflicting messages on whether I should watch New Game.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm getting conflicting messages on whether I should watch New Game.

No harm in giving it a try. This show was nice, but I thought New Game looked nicer and the adult characters+office comedy worked better for me than high school doujin game comedy. Although I will say I didn't fully buy in until episode 2 or 3.

They're both good in their own niche, though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
new game definitely had better animation and it's a good show in its own right but it doesn't focus on how the game development side of things factors into the cast as much as stella does, it's more just a backdrop for the characters to hang out together. it also just doesn't land the comedy as well

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I thought they were both kind of just okay, with both of them having the potential to be a lot better than they were. Magic of Stella had some good jokes and paid more attention to the actual game-development stuff that was lacking in New Game, but some of its pacing felt really unfocused to me.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
For me, New Game was more interesting because it was set in a cubicle and touched upon the terrible, terrible Japanese working conditions and wasn't another high school club anime (not that that's a bad thing).

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zettace posted:

For me, New Game was more interesting because it was set in a cubicle and touched upon the terrible, terrible Japanese working conditions

not really? the show was more about the characters goofing off than actually working at a company, working conditions were barely ever a focus at any point

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, there were a few gags about long hours and pay rates, but, uh, Shirobako it ain't.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the single joke about full time employment being a scam, followed by minutes and minutes of whozits wearing her bear sleeping bag.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Fine. New Game is better because it's not set in a High School :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

i like both shows
:colbert:

• Locked thread