Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

ParanoidInc posted:

get scott steiner unscripted on talking smack every tuesday please

james ellsworth's face and body might be the only thing that could make scott steiner speechless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I really don't understand why they don't just end her contract, sounds like its what both parties want

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I really don't understand why they don't just end her contract, sounds like its what both parties want

Vince McMahon is fuelled by pure spite.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I like RuRu's muttonchops :3:

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Curt Hawkins is a loving liar

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
For nerds like me who follow this sort of thing, James Ellsworth is now the WWE Linear Champion. :allears:

And if he loses a match somewhere within the next week, the Linear Title could be lost on the Indies.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I love dudes like ellinsworth and gillberg, because they have no pretension about who they are. They know and understand their place in wrestling and just own up to it and have a blast. Jobbers rule.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Paige really shouldn't be freebasing Plutonium.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

The Wyatts Were Always Good

(also i didn't hate kane this week)

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWuqFnbLLGE

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/786038870538235904
:ohdear:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
So it sure did look like Ellsworth nearly killed himself taking the Styles Clash huh. Please be safe James. :ohdear:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

My detective Ziggler storyline finally coming to life? Where's Vance Archer?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

So it sure did look like Ellsworth nearly killed himself taking the Styles Clash huh. Please be safe James. :ohdear:

AJ's good enough to see he was taking it wrong and stuck his leg down, which he doesn't normally do.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Endless Mike posted:

AJ's good enough to see he was taking it wrong and stuck his leg down, which he doesn't normally do.

Yeah, you can see AJ look down to make sure Ellsworth is doing it right and then adjust mid-air when he's not

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

so he just hates Yoshi Tatsu then

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I hate how consistently I sleep through Smackdown. Reading a recap and this sounds great

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

#WhereIsKane

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The cool thing about Clash of Champions is that it's a PPV that's all about how all the Raw titles are on the line. That's unique.

KungFu Grip posted:

SUNDAY, OCT. 30TH!

WWE Universal Championship Hell in a Cell Match
Kevin Owens(c) vs. Seth Rollins

WWE United States Championship Hell in a Cell Match
Roman Reigns(c) vs. Rusev

WWE Raw Women's Championship Hell in a Cell Match
Sasha Banks(c) vs. Charlotte

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship Match
The New Day(c) vs. Sheamus & Cesaro

Yo, you forgot the Cruiserweight Championship Match.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

James Ellsworth: A veteran in This Business of 14 years.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gavok posted:

The cool thing about Clash of Champions is that it's a PPV that's all about how all the Raw titles are on the line. That's unique.

Yo, you forgot the Cruiserweight Championship Match.

IN A CELL

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What do you reckon they are going to do with The Miz now his Ziggler feud is over? He doesn't have the belt, and his current smug heel persona worked best with it.

Also, Breezetective looks like it could be fun.

And for everyone bitching about Goldberg/Lesnar. It'll be a hoss off between two guys that don't care about the wrestling industry much less the WWE, and will laugh about the wheelbarrow of cash taht Vince has wheeled to each of their houses to make it happen. So long as they don't steal airtime from Heath Slater, or JerichOwens, then relax and let it pass by.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
wouldn't be surprised to see Miz/Ambrose after all this

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/786047066950606848

In case you were wondering

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, you can see AJ look down to make sure Ellsworth is doing it right and then adjust mid-air when he's not

goddamn AJ is so good

i was not

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I said this a couple times in the GDT but a thing I really like is Miz accidentally loving himself over by recruiting the loving Spirit Squad in order to gently caress with Ziggler. Icarus flew too close to the sun

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those Smackdown results are awful. WWE was always bad.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
If James Ellsworth is what leads to a Styles Clash ban I will ... find that quite humorous, actually

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

#WhereIsKane

Where he belongs.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

Those Smackdown results are awful. WWE was always bad.

then stop loving watching

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So is James Ellsworth the new Blue Pants? Obvious jobber who accidentally got more over than the person they're trying to push, so they keep using him?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

smackdown was good excepting the continued employment of one dolph ziggler

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

smackdown is good

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I enjoy James Ellesworth's loving massive Offspring tattoo's

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Benne posted:

So is James Ellsworth the new Blue Pants? Obvious jobber who accidentally got more over than the person they're trying to push, so they keep using him?
Blue pants was an actual meme, insofar as she was never meant to be showcased in any way but her Fallout cosplay caught the audience'a attention. Brass was (allegedly) not nearly as over with management as she was with the fans.

James Ellsworth was given mic time to milk as much face heat from him as they could before squash time, and he excelled. Fans like him and, in contrast to Pants, clearly people behind the scenes like him too. They were prepared for the possibility that he might get over and when he did, they rolled with it. He may not be there long term, but he has heat, why not pass it to a good heel? I think it will be easier for SD crowds to let go of Ellsworth, relative to Full Sail's somewhat long-tailed attachment.

But between this and Blue Pants' brief run and the Slater / Rhyno push, it seems pretty clear that Ryan Ward and co are not shy about pushing faces the crowd takes to. I highly doubt Beauty and the Manbeast as inaugural tag champs was a medium-term plan when AA was the highest picked tag team draft. But they got the push, because people loved the I Got Kids angle. It's weird and cool to see that kind of booking in WWE.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 12, 2016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Uncle Ulty posted:

For nerds like me who follow this sort of thing, James Ellsworth is now the WWE Linear Champion. :allears:

And if he loses a match somewhere within the next week, the Linear Title could be lost on the Indies.

oh my god

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So Smackdown has 6 weeks to build up to Survivor Series, where the majority of their roster is going to be facing people not on their show in three different survivor series matches? Plus, the Women's champ is out for a month?

Lets see how this plays out...

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Goldberg/Lesnar II ought to be an 8 to 10 minute sprint and ought not to mold itself around the tenets of 'an epic WWE match.'

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Astro7x posted:

So Smackdown has 6 weeks to build up to Survivor Series, where the majority of their roster is going to be facing people not on their show in three different survivor series matches? Plus, the Women's champ is out for a month?

Lets see how this plays out...

They might wrap up a lot of their feuds on TV which might actually mean you get a better than average series of shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

then stop loving watching

Rude.

• Locked thread