Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you joining NaNoWriMo this year?
Yes
No
JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJOOOOOOOOOOO
View Results

• Locked thread
magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
3620 words to do tomorrow and I'm there. Can't believe I'm almost going to definitely maybe make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
I have less than 3,000 words to go. I have until I leave for work tomorrow night. I have not been under the gun this bad since I started and it feels like a minor miracle that I'm as close as I am.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Stuporstar posted:

I forgot to post an image when I won on the 26th.

Edit: posting that chart has made me feel guilty about taking a two day break. Time to stop dicking around and get back to trying to finish this draft.

Added!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Well I only have about 20,000 left to write. (Cracks knuckles, brews coffee).

LETS DO THIS. :clint:

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
Sorry I'm late to this party.

I was trying to wrap it up, but then the antagonist did something unexpected and now I have another 10000 to write - the bastard!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Stick a fork in 'er, this one is DONE

Though Technically Yujo the Brionne is like 3 levels shy of full on Primarina ... eh gently caress it I don't care I'm tired and I dread thinking how this act one is going to melt down into something I can serialise for patreon bucks.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 30, 2016

Ser Pounce
Feb 9, 2010

In this world the weak are always victims of the strong
By loving Jove, after a few days of real life loving with me, it's finally done.
I'll need to properly rewrite the last few scenes I chucked together as only some of it's any good, but tis done.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Congrats to all the other winners, and good luck for next year to the those who don't manage to cross the line this time.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Added, you guys are super stars!

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
50,206. drat I've got a collection of words that is a story, maybe.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I won too. I can't believe I made it. 3 hours of sleep in a 36 hours window, but I made it happen.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Just pulled out a NaNo victory after falling off the wagon hard in Week 2. Pretty sure a sold 80% of my text is typo, but I can fix that in December.

a friendly penguin
Feb 1, 2007

trolling for fish

And done! I probably hit 50,000 words on Sunday or Monday but as I'm handwriting the novel (I feel your pain Stuporstar) I thought it was safer to keep writing until the last day following an average words per page count that I calculated at the beginning. 450 wpp instead of the 500 wpp that I have been consistently writing for the last 50 pages at least.

And I'm nowhere near finished with the narrative. I'd say I'm only halfway there. The first part took much longer to flesh out than I thought and is filled with loads of boring parts, but it's what made sense to write at the time. And, you know what, I don't completely hate it! Though I haven't really gone back to read over any of it. But always before I've had the self-defeating thoughts.

Congrats to everyone who finished. For those who do this every year, you're crazy. I'll go back to writing 500-1000 words per day gladly and never feel obligated to spend my November like this again. All I did for the last month was work full time and write. My house is a mess and I am way behind on holiday preparations. I couldn't even keep up with this thread! But drat does it feel good to know that I can do it if I have to.

For those who didn't, no worries It's all practice and another month might be a better choice for you. If you ask me, November is the worst. January, try that. Even still, I failed my first two tries and this is my first attempt at it since 2011. So there's hope for everyone!

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Yeah I got bothered by a lot of people like that too. I assume that they just bot RT / Follow anyone who uses the hash tag in the search for rubes.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

58,215 words. Or, in my genre, a little over halfway. But this is probably at least 55,000 more words than I would've written without NaNo.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Congratulations to everyone who made it :woop:

I celebrated my NaNo win on Monday by... writing 2000 words of fanfic on Tuesday and then another 1000 words of fanfic yesterday. When can I just be released from this neverending urge to write. Please have mercy on me god, release me from this anguish :negative:

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Added our winners to the OP. Congratulations to the winners and may the losers join me in saying WE'LL DO BETTER NEXT TIME

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
You forgot to list me. :colbert:

But yeah, congrats again all. Also I should probably write an end to this thing or it'll haunt me the rest of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

LucyWanabe posted:

You forgot to list me. :colbert:

But yeah, congrats again all. Also I should probably write an end to this thing or it'll haunt me the rest of the year.

Didn't mean to overlook ya buddy - listed!

• Locked thread