Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Nalesh posted:

Like I realize you have to have some kinds of enemies in that first area, but is there an in world reason why it's valkyries and dwarves? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Ah musta missed that line.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
In regards to why the Valkyrie/Vikings are enemies, gods in general have been known to toy with mortals by giving them impossible tasks. Hell, said stories have been used in many of the classic stories we've heard back in the day. Odin is no different; all he sees initially is a rabbit with an allied nation's sword, so he tasks Cornelius with a profoundly difficult task to test his mettle but mainly to be rid of this pest that is underneath him.

In terms of game design though, its still asset re-use. Vanillaware is a company that is mostly artists and doesn't have AAA budget, so a lot of their effort goes into making great sprites but then re-using them whenever they can. It was a big criticism of the game when it came out.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
It's more forgivable here since at least the enemies are native to Ragnanival a as such are actually supposed to be there. If it was like Underworld enemies or the Fairy Army then there might be a problem.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update - Act 3: The Duplicitous Rogue.....Part A.....Part B.....Cutscenes

Today we act a little goofy as we backtrack through Elrit Forest for food and nabisco snacks. Cornelius typically has an easy time with enemies by this point, however for some reason I was having a brain lag with how to deal with Velvet's AI.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

The dog-raising thing is definitely a plot point in Kingsman: The Secret Service, where it happens exactly like what you described and is also super sad.

Also, the other day I had some Pico de Gallo with chopped radishes to add a bit of crunch and texture, and it was amazing.

MachuPikacchu fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 8, 2017

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Skippy's not far off in his description of the Redcap though the way I heard it is they must kill regularly since they will die if the blood staining their hats dries out.

Speaking of the Goblins though, I feel that it's should mentioning that the ones in this game are basically evil Pooka though I won't elaborate on why that is since I don't know if it's this chapter or Velvet's that explains the Pookas' deal.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

MachuPikacchu posted:

The dog-raising thing is definitely a plot point in Kingsman: The Secret Service, where it happens exactly like what you described and is also super sad.

Also, the other day I had some Pico de Gallo with chopped radishes to add a bit of crunch and texture, and it was amazing.

Don't worry, he doesn't kill his dog and later he even gets to do it in the rear end in a top hat.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Egg churro :v:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Kurieg posted:

Don't worry, he doesn't kill his dog and later he even gets to do it in the rear end in a top hat.

With a woman, not the dog.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Tylana posted:

With a woman, not the dog.

Hah, gently caress.

But yes, Kingsman is an amazing movie that you should watch.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Odin says that pookas are cursed people, but there's an entire village of them. Were that many people hit by the same powerful rare curse? If not, I might guess that some pookas are changed people and some of them are their descendants.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Answers will come. But I forget when.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I believe Cornelius's story will address half of it, and the other half will come later.

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
I forgot to mention it, but I was specifically referring to a maxed out (lvl 9) Naturalize potion when I said the fruit was worth 100 phozons. Eggs also naturalize really well, and chicks drop 1 egg for every 3 seeds. Go back to a chapter that sells mulberry seeds and you can start turning your gold directly into phozon. I think the naturalize potion has something crazy like ~30 items on screen that can be turned at once.

You're a hell of a lot better at the game than I am, so you don't really need it, but you could get a HUGE boost by saving all your fruits and dumping 1 maxed naturalize on them. As far as getting such a potion, you mostly just keep adding food. Combining the same potions together gives more, but you actually use most of your potions.

Just want to say I'm really enjoying the videos, and it's honestly impressive seeing these bosses done without damage. Even with my powerleveling, I still had trouble with certain bosses and I was on normal.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update - Act 4: Dragon King of Horn Mountain.....Part A.....Part B.....Cutscenes

Terribly sorry for being late with these, but we have a new update and a new boss!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

My favorite crepes are crepe suzette.
Crepes drenched in orange sauce (the way I make it is [/timg]straight OJ, butter, sugar, and loads of orange zest) topped with an orange liquer or orange brandy and then flambed for a spell at the tableside, then put out by putting the lid on.

Oh the cheesecake ingame is supposed to be Tarte au Fromage. Which is on the savory side rather than the creamy cheesecake most people think of nowadays.
And yes it can be made with nearly any kind of cheese you can think of. Id draw the line at blue cheeses imo.

E:
Yeah the cursive writing shows you the actual name of it: Torti Di Formaggio. Same idea as the french version.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 21, 2017

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Holy poo poo, Blangonga sucks so hard, I hate him. There's a mission in Monster Hunter Generations where you have to hunt two of them and that almost made me quit the game.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Honestly, I consider Rajang much worse cause you know the things that make Blangonga annoying as gently caress? Well what if instead of tossing snowballs, it lobbed giant fuckoff pieces of rock at you? And what if it was an Ōzaru that could go Super Saiyan the moment it gets pissed off? That is Rajang in a nutshell.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 22, 2017

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Stop talking about food you fuuuucks, I'm unemployed and can't cook. :smith:

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Spudd posted:

Stop talking about food you fuuuucks, I'm unemployed and can't cook. :smith:
This is a vanillaware game LP. You should've known the risks.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Highwang posted:

This is a vanillaware game LP. You should've known the risks.
It makes you wonder how the game devs eat.

Do they eat like kings, or is it all one giant food fantasy as they live off of ramen and crushed dreams?

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update - Act 5: A Bolt through the Stormfront.....Part A.....Part B.....Cutscenes

Today we learn that Cornelius is the lightning in the rain, cutting a bloody path through a warzone to save the woman he loves. It really does a good job emphasizing how detached Cornelius is from the world's affairs right now, alongside making clever re-use of assets to accent the story at hand.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
"I have a magic sword" is my favorite line in the entire game, right next to that one shopkeep who says "I have poison, if you want. Unfortunately, I do not have a blade to coat with it."

I wish the two lines could be played together.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

To be fair, salted potato crisps dipped in dark chocolate(Or milk chocolate if you're a nerd I guess) is legit :v:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I had no idea Lightning Saber did any of those things. Still loving the LP. In that weird space though where it made me buy the game near the start, then I blasted through over the course of a week. And now I haven't play it for ages.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Tylana posted:

I had no idea Lightning Saber did any of those things. Still loving the LP. In that weird space though where it made me buy the game near the start, then I blasted through over the course of a week. And now I haven't play it for ages.

To be fair, Lightning Saber is very risky to use considering its start-up time and how it drastically edits your skillset. You also get it on the tail end of Cornelius' story, and you probably feel comfortable spamming either his goofy torpedo stab or the anime slash.

Still fun as gently caress.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

That tempest spin combo enemy sound is amazing :allears:

Oh and skippy, ya don't have to cry over chopped onions

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
It just made me so emotional because it reminded me of how I used to chop onions with my aniki until I had to kill him for betraying the Tojo clan.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

So, I used to eat apple cores, popcorn kernels and ice cubes. :v:

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

HardDiskD posted:

So, I used to eat apple cores, popcorn kernels and ice cubes. :v:

"Used to" because now you have no teeth, right?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

"Used to" because now you have no teeth, right?

Not quite. Apple cores are soft, if a bit bitter, and I didn't eat ice per se, as much as I sucked on it until it melted enough that I chewed on them.

For the kernels, you can eat them safely if you use your molars, and that's what I did. In any case, I had to stop eating kernels because I got braces, and things that are too crunchy might damage the brackets. Can't say I miss them, though.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update - Act 6: All hail King Egg.....Part A.....Part B.....Cutscenes

This update brought to you by the fact that there was a week gap inbetween great game releases.

I've also noticed none of my Odin Sphere vids on YT are not 60fps despite being exported as such, while my other vids randomly have that frame rate. Anyone know YT's logic behind this?

Highwang fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 14, 2017

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Final Fantasy 14 is the most important game if you care about fashion (and imho if you don't care about fashion then you're living incorrectly).

GPOY

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Ken Panders is the crazy sonic writer you're thinking of.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Ken Panders is the crazy sonic writer you're thinking of.

I recall Linkara talking about the Penders at the beginning of his review of Sonic Super Special #7 which is how I heard of the dude.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Dungeon Meshi is spectacular.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Skippy's love of cuties gives me power.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Yo have you guys remembered to snuggle a cutie today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

Skippy Granola posted:

Yo have you guys remembered to snuggle a cutie today?

I am snuggling my cat Pancakes as we speak, sir.

• Locked thread